Darth Bane DOE vs. Hero of Tython

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Battle takes place at the Little Bighorn battlefield

PTforthewin
Hero Of Tython kicks his ass then uses hippie powers to redeem bane.

carthage
Gonna go with HoT with mid difficulty, he has superior reflexes, superior TK ability sans a nexus, and can easily hold off most of Bane's offense.

Bane may get 3 rounds though, idk

WildBantha88
Bane rips HoT apart. Hes a whole league above his opponent

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
Gonna go with HoT with mid difficulty, he has superior reflexes, superior TK ability sans a nexus, and can easily hold off most of Bane's offense.

Bane may get 3 rounds though, idk
Do you have any proof to back up any of your claims?

carthage
Some quotes Neph posted a while back, and the fact Bane admitted he was slower, weaker, blah blah blah.

That and HoT has superior TK feats off of a nexus.

Emperordmb
Everytime you give somebody the win over Bane, you always cite the fact that Bane is very slightly beyond his prime as a huge factor, even though Bane still has some extremely good physical feats in DOE.

Nephthys
Yeah, Carthage, its really stupid. Just because Bane is a slightest fraction slower and weaker than he used to be doesn't put him below other characters.

NewGuy01
Regardless of Carthage's arguments, the Hero of Tython still is the dominant figure here.

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, Carthage, its really stupid. Just because Bane is a slightest fraction slower and weaker than he used to be doesn't put him below other characters.

Its a reason to put him in doubt, especially since the vast majority of his feats are him either amped, armored, and or boosted by some extra source. He isn't as skilled without his orbalisks, he could barely beat his own student for god sake and she was hardly a swordsman in her own right

Why people feel the need to fellate over him is funny.

Emperordmb
It's funny ou should say that when some of his best physical feats are in DOE.

WildBantha88
Its a reason to put him in doubt, especially since the vast majority of his feats are him either amped, armored, and or boosted by some extra source. He isn't as skilled without his orbalisks, he could barely beat his own student for god sake and she was hardly a swordsman in her own right

Why people feel the need to fellate over him is funny. excuse me Zannah is one of the best Soresu masters of all time, she is downplayed far to often. Also not being able to beat your student. That's the whole point of the Rule of Two, the student surpasses the master. The fact that Zannah stood her own against Bane is not a strike against Bane, that is a testimate to Zannahs power and skill. Also Bane was trained as a duelist by the greatest swordsman of that Era and Bane proved a challenge for a jedi blades master, and he was in control of the battle against Zannah up until she used Tendrils.

Why you feel the need to undermine him is confusing

Emperordmb
Before Carthage jumps in and says that she's a shitty duelist because she tripped, I'd like to point out that tripping while under Bane's offensive pressure and managing to get back up isn't as bad as say... Shaak Ti being killed by Starkiller flailing his lightsaber when she had every advantage, but Shaak Ti is still renown as a master duelist.

Nephthys

Why people feel the need to fellate over him is funny.

Actually, Zannah notes that Bane drastically refined his swordsmanship after losing the orbalisks. And Bane still has incredible feats without external sources. That he lost to his student isn't unimpressive, its just the Rule of Two actually working.

carthage
No reason to believe that, he fought no one by merit of his own skills sans the orbalisk armor since the fight he was losing to Kas'sim on in his youth. He even lost his fight with Zannah. He's no good.

Emperordmb
Somebody who's "no good" doesn't pose a challenge to somebody who is "perhaps the greatest duelist of all time," or outmaneuver the BM invigorated top duelist of the Jedi Order. You are very clearly under rating Bane by a huge amount.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Somebody who's "no good" doesn't pose a challenge to somebody who is "perhaps the greatest duelist of all time," or outmaneuver the BM invigorated top duelist of the Jedi Order. You are very clearly under rating Bane by a huge amount.

Lol they never had a chance against him. He was amped and had protection, not to mention all of them apart from Raskta (who would've killed Bane) were featless mooks.

So what if they had battle med? They had the odds stacked against them, against an opponent who had too many perks in his favor. He isn't skilled at at all, he had armor, cute nexuses to make him 00BER, and even admitted he was slow and weak. He'd be no match for any higher tier Sith, and his best feats were when he had additional factors helping him.

Nephthys
No reason to believe that, he fought no one by merit of his own skills sans the orbalisk armor since the fight he was losing to Kas'sim on in his youth. He even lost his fight with Zannah. He's no good.

"His style back then had been brutish and simple, though undeniably effective. Now, however, his technique was more advanced. Unable to simply bully his way heedlessly forward, he had developed an unpredictable, seemingly random style. Each time she thought she could anticipate where the next attack was coming from, he changed tactics, disrupting the rhythm of the battle and causing her to give ground."

Bane lost to Zannah's sorcery, not her lightsaber skills. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carthage
He wasn't strong enough to break her defense. He sucked, was weak, and lost to yet another pronounced weakness (that wasn't Jar Kai). He's not as skilled as you raging fanboys make him out to be. Come off it. If he was so strong he'd have broken her defense and killed her, after all he can rip off durasteel doors. But no his bald ass got beaten by a weaker fighter.

Come on Neph you can do better than this.

UltimateAnomaly
Neph actually has points well made.

Bane lost because Zannah was just THAT good at Soresu. That was the ENTIRE basis of her fighting style, since she couldn't put the raw strength in that someone like Bane could. Soresu is amazing at dealing with raw strength.

Obi-Wan lasted as long as Anakin over that entire Mustafar duel, even though he was physically outmatched and dominated.

Bane, while being a 'fraction' slower and all, is still a powerhouse with a saber, especially with his refined technique.

Hero of Tython wins, but that's not because Bane is easy fodder.

Nephthys
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
Neph actually has points well made.

Bane lost because Zannah was just THAT good at Soresu. That was the ENTIRE basis of her fighting style, since she couldn't put the raw strength in that someone like Bane could. Soresu is amazing at dealing with raw strength.

thumb up

It astounds me that people underestimate Zannah as much as they do. Her defense is PRACTICALLY IMPENETRABLE. Bane pressing it as much as he did is a testament to his skills as a lightsaber duelist.

NewGuy01
You're forgetting that, being her master and sole sparring partner, Bane knows absolutely everything about Zannah's technique and tendencies. On the other hand, Zannah comments that Bane had held back his true capabilities until that final fight.

Bane failed to break Zannah's defense despite being far more well versed in her fighting style than vice versa.

Nephthys
No shit, the person who taught her lightsaber combat knows her technique.

Bane taught her a style that was almost impenetrable. Him knowing it means all of jack ****ing shit. Its not as if theres some special technique to get around it, its a damn spinning wall. Wtf advantage is Banes intimate knowledge going to give him?

NewGuy01
If Bane has an idea of how she is going to defend, then he can break the flow of battle and attack from another angle. This is happening in the novel.

WildBantha88
And Zannahs wall stood strong... testimate to her dueling skills

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
If Bane has an idea of how she is going to defend, then he can break the flow of battle and attack from another angle. This is happening in the novel.

How she's going to defend is readily apparent from the spinning blades, you don't need knowledge of her style to know hows she is going to defend. Kind of how you can tell a fan is going to like, keep spinning just from looking at it.

NewGuy01
If spinning blades is all Zannah does, I suppose my mastery of Soresu is on par with hers.

Nephthys
I doubt you have the wrist strength.

Zannahs technique is notably simple, but effective. That said, she's more than capable of things other than just spinning. She defends conventionally a few times in the fight too.

Emperordmb

WildBantha88
Bane takes the cake in this one http://puu.sh/8zBpm.jpg

chilled monkey
or outmaneuver the BM invigorated top duelist of the Jedi Order.

To be fair though he was hopped up on orbalisks at the time. The things that:

a) increase Force power

b) increase physical strength and speed

c) encase most of his body in lightsabre-proof armour

d) instantly heal any wounds he does get.

Yes I know he had the "feint and elbow Raskta in the ribs" bit which was an impressive display of skill. I'm just saying he had a ton of perks in that battle. In particular the "BM invigorated" stuff was countered by "hopped up on orbalisks."

Anyway, I think it would be a very tough fight but ultimately the Hero of Tython would prevail.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by chilled monkey
To be fair though he was hopped up on orbalisks at the time. The things that:

a) increase Force power

b) increase physical strength and speed

c) encase most of his body in lightsabre-proof armour

d) instantly heal any wounds he does get.

Yes I know he had the "feint and elbow Raskta in the ribs" bit which was an impressive display of skill. I'm just saying he had a ton of perks in that battle. In particular the "BM invigorated" stuff was countered by "hopped up on orbalisks."

Anyway, I think it would be a very tough fight but ultimately the Hero of Tython would prevail.
Right, but that was the only part of the battle I was referring to, where the orbalisks didn't play much of a role.

chilled monkey
Right, but that was the only part of the battle I was referring to, where the orbalisks didn't play much of a role.

Yeah, that's true.

nfactor1995
Close fight tbh, one in which the HoT can definitely win

carthage
Outlander stomps

nfactor1995
Outlander stomps

I'm thinking this is supposed to be the Hero of Tython as of either the end of Act III or Shadow of Revan.

darthbane77
I'm gonna side with DMB for once and say Bane wins this, his showings are superior to the HoT's barring possibly defeating Vitiate's weakened voice; every other showing Bane has is on a higher level than anything the HoT has achieved.

Tondemonai
Bane if it's anything below act III. Act III would win, but it'd be a phenomenal fight.

Ursumeles
KoTET HoT > KOTFE HoT ~ DOE Bane > Act III HoT

Azronger
Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.