Dragons Rioting: check out this manga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
a relatively new manga (well, came out in late 2012, early 2013) about a guy diagnosed with something called Hentai syndrome (which is the short name anyway) back when he was 6, which is basically a disease that'll kill him if sexually aroused. trained by his father in martial arts for 10 years after that, the protagonist, Rintaro Tachibana, would then vow to avoid women (and therefore avoid being aroused) in order to keep on living. however, as his luck would have it, he ends up going to a high school with a 99% female population, when he had originally assumed it to be an all-boys school.

this manga chronicles the adventures of Rintaro as he struggles to make it through his high school years without dying of his disease. or of the fights he'll inevitably get involved in.

link to the chapters here: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/dragons_rioting/

don't let the premise fool you though; while it is ecchi (on par with mangas like HSDK despite only being 18 chapters long so far), it is still chock full of over-the-top martial arts awesomeness.

AuraAngel
I really like this manga. Favorite character everybody who has read it?

dadudemon
This better be worth it.

If it turns out to be some low-quality, low-brow, ecchi manga, I will punch you in the nuts.

danteiscool
take my word for it, dadudemon, it's a pretty hilarious and awesome manga. once you get past the ecchi and get to the action, it's a pretty cool manga.

Auraangel: for me, Rintaro all the way. he's quite possibly the most badass ecchi/harem protagonist I've seen so far and his reactions to the battles and fanservice are just hilarious. how about you?

dadudemon
Okay, I made it through 4 chapters.

It is a bit bland.

Reminds me a bit of Ikki-tousen (spelling?) a bit.

Also, it would be decent if there wasn't so much censoring (on purpose).

danteiscool
it's only 4 chapters so far. and it's only 18 chapters long as of a few days. give it just a bit more time.

and I wouldn't quite say it's like Ikki Tousen (you spelled it right), since in that iirc, they're all reincarnations or something of ancient Chinese warriors or something. in this manga, they're all just badasses.

well, in spite of it being an ecchi manga, it's not like Gantz, which is much more explicit, hence the intentional censoring. besides, if Rintaro actually saw them fully, then he'd be dead.

danteiscool
Read any more of it, dadudemon?

dadudemon
Yes. I'm all the way caught up to the current chapter.

It is still very bland and the censoring is dumb.

Yes, Gantz was much better than this manga but Gantz got too pretentious and felt like it was trying too hard at the end. The author did not know how to keep the momentum going with the "games" and then invented the master invasion alien race plot towards the end.

Back to this manga, though: the entire plot is dumb. If he exerts himself even a little bit, it will put blood into that body part. Push-ups, sit-ups, squats, etc. So the idea that blood rushing to his weeeenar is too much of a strain on his heart is dumb. Also, he could just get a heart transplant OR an artificial heart.

danteiscool
huh. understandable, but this IS manga; the authors do what they want as long as they can figure out a way to make it relatively acceptable. and besides, as far as harem/ecchi protagonists go, Rintaro is far better than others we've seen, right?

BloodRain
Yeah what happened to Gantz? Was getting increasingly better until that point.

Problem with this manga is that things just seem to.. happen.

Rin sees fight, accidentally stops it, ragegirl steps up then walks off, crowd does nothing, now he's a mentor and without giving responses to these events. Or gamegirl challenging him to a fight for a random reason (minor plot later), to have maingirl defend, to have glassesgirl come out of nowhere to challenge.. then stop. What gets me is that Rin has stumbled into everything so quickly due to maingirl calling him mentor, while he's showing no interest in anything going on unless being directly involved by outside force. He needs more reactions, not just anti-hentai ones.

Otherwise the action could be a little more detailed. And yes, Rin is coming along as a very decent character, strong compared to many characters in his situation.

Favourite has to be Gamegirl. Hands down.

danteiscool
well, I can understand that about this manga, but they ARE in a fighting school where everyone loves fighting. even the good ones, save for Rintaro. Since he could die from ecchi/hentai stuff and the fact that he's stuck in a school filled to the very brim of such stuff, it's natural he'd worry more about that than getting challenged to fights, especially since as a martial artists he's probably been trained to expect that sort of thing.

Astner
Originally posted by dadudemon
If it turns out to be some low-quality, low-brow, ecchi manga, I will punch you in the nuts.
Give him one from me too.

danteiscool
you guys are remarkably violent in this thread.

SSJGGogeta
Hm, I just checked this out, and it seems pretty cool. Thanks for suggesting it, danteiscool.

danteiscool
you're welcome, SSJGGogeta. I'm genuinely glad you're liking it.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, this is a pretty cool manga. Relatively new though. Anyone know when chapter 19 comes out?

Also, I love the references in it, like, "It's a pink majin, with a power level of 530,000...", or, "You're a Saiyan! I can't believe I convinced myself otherwise!".

danteiscool
Don't know. Hopefully soon given the major cliffhanger of chapter 18.

Yeah, those references were hilarious to me ok. Probably one of the biggest draws of the manga are the references and shout outs to other series.

danteiscool
After roughly 2 months of waiting, the new chapter is out on Mangahere. To those of you who wish to read it, hope you enjoy it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.