Dr. Manhattan vs Bruce Almighty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen
Bruce from Bruce Almighty

Pretty much god vs god

Epicurus
Bruce wins, easily.

meep-meep
Bruce the silly goose ftw.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Epicurus
Bruce wins, easily.

NemeBro
Bruce obviously has considerably more raw power than Manhattan does, but I question his ability to use it in an efficient fashion before Manhattan kills him. Because as we see, Bruce at base can still die as easily as a human can.

I'm thinking Manhattan wins, to be honest.

Epicurus
Originally posted by NemeBro
Because as we see, Bruce at base can still die as easily as a human can.
IIRC, that was after he screamed for God to take his powers back.

NemeBro
Sure, that's one way to interpret it I guess, but were we ever given an indication that he was physically enhanced in any meaningful way? We certainly never see it.

Utrigita
Pulling the Moon closer to Earth?

maxivitopowe
use search

meep-meep

NemeBro
Originally posted by Utrigita
Pulling the Moon closer to Earth? He uh, didn't do that physically, lol.

Utrigita
He uh, didn't do that physically, lol.

Sure seemed that way, with the rope him looking like he pulled etc. but whatever, that is the only physical thing I could come up with.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Utrigita
Sure seemed that way, with the rope him looking like he pulled etc. but whatever, that is the only physical thing I could come up with.

It's been a few years, but didn't he give himself super-speed so he could answer the emails/prayers faster?

Epicurus
Originally posted by Silent Master
It's been a few years, but didn't he give himself super-speed so he could answer the emails/prayers faster?
Nope. He just said yes to all of them, which resulted in chaos throughout Buffalo. Which was the basic underlying premise of the film; that man is not worthy of the power of God. Or some sh1t like that.

NemeBro
I think the premise of the film was "Stop being a little ***** and blaming God because you suck and man up".

meep-meep
Nope. He just said yes to all of them, which resulted in chaos throughout Buffalo. Which was the basic underlying premise of the film; that man is not worthy of the power of God. Or some sh1t like that.

Lol. Yeah I remember that.

Epicurus
I think the premise of the film was "Stop being a little ***** and blaming God because you suck and man up". Originally posted by Epicurus
Or some sh1t like that.

Utrigita

Well when he was answering them manually he did speed up.

Epicurus
^That just seemed to be peak human speed. Nothing to brag about.

DTM
Dr. Manhattan may have the powers of a god, but Bruce has the powers of GOD. Bruce wins solidly.

Epicurus
Manhattan didn't have any superhuman stats either, so there's that as well.

Seems like it comes down to who's the quicker draw, if we're assuming that Bruce(with human durability) doesn't have some sort of healing factor or self-repair ability.

NemeBro
Manhattan can view subatomic particles in motion.

"I have seen events so tiny and so fast that they can hardly be said to have occurred at all."

The comic makes the subatomic part more clear, IIRC.

A big deal is also made of the fact that he could have stopped a bullet mid-flight and transmuted it.

Utrigita
^That just seemed to be peak human speed. Nothing to brag about.

However it was a increase in his physical powerlevel, but yeah nothing huge.

Lestov16
n0cG11lTS1E

Bruce seems to be moving at legit superhuman speed.

Time Immemorial
Yes from all the stupidity lately that would be considered "legit super speed" here. What a joke.

DTM
Im pretty sure giving Bruce the powers of God, also gave him the durability of God as well. Even Molecule Man has shown Godlike durability, even from attacks he didnt expect, though he appears to simply be a normal human physically.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.