Guildo vs Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Would Guildo time stop work on Super Saiyan Goku?

Q99
I think time would be stopped for him, yes- but during that time, he wouldn't be able to do much useful anyway.

Damborgson
If Goku Is on the offensive then he wouldn't even be able To get it off. But yeah it would freeze him.

carver9
I just thought about it. Vegeta threw the dragonball away from the Ginyu force and Guildo stopped time. Burter was still able to move through time stop to retrieve the Dragonball due to speed alone. Since Goku is much faster than Burta, wouldn't he be able to achieve the same results?

BloodRain
Didn't move through it in manga iirc.

carver9
Originally posted by BloodRain
Didn't move through it in manga iirc.

He did which is the reason he had the dragonball during the end.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
I just thought about it. Vegeta threw the dragonball away from the Ginyu force and Guildo stopped time. Burter was still able to move through time stop to retrieve the Dragonball due to speed alone. Since Goku is much faster than Burta, wouldn't he be able to achieve the same results?

I'd like to see that scene, because if memory serves Butta did it with speed alone and came back saying "I'm the fastest in the universe" or something to that extent. Guildo stopped Krillin from smashing one of the balls though.

Time Immemorial
Would Guildo time stop work on Super Saiyan Goku?

The obvious answer is yes.

StealthRanger
Goku has no resistance to time stops. Though Guildo was shit tier for time manipulators in fiction, Goku can crush Guildo

BloodRain
He did which is the reason he had the dragonball during the end. Flicked through the scans, saw nothing.

Bentley
Guildo >>>>> Goku.

BloodRain
What cruel fate if Goku was defeated from tree impalement.

Dramatic Gecko
Could a tree impale Goku?

Q99
I have no idea why we were supposed to believe that'd work on Gohan/Krillin!

Also, I doubt the 'psychic freeze' would work (and Goku could blow away any attack simply by powering up more). *Just* the time stop.

BloodRain
Lol in all honesty a tree sharpened to a point should shatter on their faces. Still Krillin, Gohan, the Ginyu force and Vegeta were all thought otherwise.

For the thread, yes his time power would work on Goku and yes, Goku would still defeat him.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
I'd like to see that scene, because if memory serves Butta did it with speed alone and came back saying "I'm the fastest in the universe" or something to that extent. Guildo stopped Krillin from smashing one of the balls though.

That's what I remember happening. I need to review that scene again.

juggerman
You're misremembering. Vegeta tried to throw one and Butta caught it. Time was slowed down to show us the speed difference between them but time wasn't actually stopped. Then the fat guy stopped time but that was only after Butta did his thing

carver9
You're kind of right. Burta was moving through it like it wasn't there but I wouldn't call it time stop...it's more like "slowing down time". Still shows that speed>>>time.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bkQynVy9L6A

Damborgson
started watching, as soon as I heard vegeta's voice, x'd out. Sorry lol. Can't stand that dub.

juggerman
You're kind of right. Burta was moving through it like it wasn't there but I wouldn't call it time stop...it's more like "slowing down time". Still shows that speed>>>time.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bkQynVy9L6A

Time wasn't actually being stopped or slowed down at all there. It was just an image effect to show Burter's speed compared to the others. He was fast enough to react before Gohan and Krillen even knew what was happening and fast enough to catch it before Vegeta even followed thru with his toss fully

carver9
Originally posted by juggerman
Time wasn't actually being stopped or slowed down at all there. It was just an image effect to show Burter's speed compared to the others. He was fast enough to react before Gohan and Krillen even knew what was happening and fast enough to catch it before Vegeta even followed thru with his toss fully

Aaaahhhh...so Burta was moving so fast that the world appeared in slowmo to him. Makes sense. I still think Goku would power through Guildo move.

BloodRain
Based on what?

juggerman
Aaaahhhh...so Burta was moving so fast that the world appeared in slowmo to him. Makes sense. I still think Goku would power through Guildo move.

Exactly, you've explained it much better than I did. But no Goku has shown no resistance to the time freeze to my knowledge. He would easily beat him tho

Dramatic Gecko
I just did the math and everything! I explained everything and I'm so mad because my page timed out because I was taking too long. So i'll just end in my rage with sayinf SSJ Goku wins!

BloodRain
Math for what? Goku has no resistance to time powers even though he would win a fight. No maths needed.

Dramatic Gecko
Its not time powers. Its just telekinesis. He paralysed them just like Chiautzu can. But Chiutzu couldn't paralyse Nappa or even effect.

Chiautzu = 18% of Nappa's power.

Guldo equals = > 0.1% of Super Saiyan.

So how would he even be able to effect Goku?

Dramatic Gecko
Also when he steals the dragon ball. Vegeta says Guldo can only momentarily stop time.

Dramatic Gecko
Just read through the book again. While he stops time, he can't attack. He says so himself.

Dramatic Gecko
Also! he can barely stop time quick enough to stop Gohan and Krillin reaching him. What hope in hell has he got to stop Goku from reaching him.

Q99
He has both time-freeze *and* telekinesis. He held them with the latter when he attacked with the tree, similar to Chaotzu as Dramatic Gecko notes, and should be easy to break free of.

The former, he cannot attack during.

BloodRain
As said Gecko, the time power would work on Goku but it would be useless in a fight against him. Is there a scan of telekinesis failing against Nappa?

Btw the not attack thing.. wonder if that means ki and physical.

juggerman
As said Gecko, the time power would work on Goku but it would be useless in a fight against him. Is there a scan of telekinesis failing against Nappa?

Btw the not attack thing.. wonder if that means ki and physical.

I think he can physically attack since he is able to move freely(running away) and he can alter things(stealing the ball from Krillin

SSJGGogeta
He did which is the reason he had the dragonball during the end.

Nope.

Burter simply caught it by himself. Guldo didn't do anything until Krillin came into the picture.

When Krillin was about to smash the dragon ball, Guldo stopped time and stole it from him.

SSJGGogeta
It doesn't matter if Guldo could freeze him though. Anything that Guldo could throw at base form Buu saga Goku would be tanked while disappointedly shaking his head, before Guldo evaporated.

BloodRain
But as per the OP question, it works.

SSJGGogeta
But as per the OP question, it works.

Yeah, but in a fight, like the thread title suggests, that would be completely, hilariously useless.

BloodRain
Yeah, but as per the purpose of this thread, as said in the intro post, Goku would fail to resist.

Dramatic Gecko
http://view.mangamonger.com/gallery/Dragon%20Ball/Volume%2015/db_v15hq_105.JPG

Q99
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Yeah, but in a fight, like the thread title suggests, that would be completely, hilariously useless.

Yeah, but as per the purpose of this thread, as said in the intro post, Goku would fail to resist.

Are you two even disagreeing? I think you're agreeing, and I agree with both of you- Goku would fail to resist and it'd be hilariously useless.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Q99
Are you two even disagreeing? I think you're agreeing, and I agree with both of you- Goku would fail to resist and it'd be hilariously useless.

Exactly.

For some reason, he fails to realize that he's copying exactly what I just said.

Dramatic Gecko
Super Saiyan GOku wins... You do get that right?

BloodRain
Exactly.

For some reason, he fails to realize that he's copying exactly what I just said.
Copying what? I'm just reaffirming the fact that he loses to the OP.

SSJGGogeta
Copying what? I'm just reaffirming the fact that he loses to the OP.

Lose what? There's nothing to lose, unless you're referring to the thread title, in which case even Ginyu shit-stomps. The same point I've been making.

Time-stop will work on Goku, or anyone, based on the vague feats it has, but it wouldn't help Guldo at all since he was physically weaker than even Kid Gohan.

thumb up

Lek Kuen
The thread's purpose was about the time stop vs goku not if Guildo could kill him. So Blood Rain is poking fun at you guys not wanting to say Goku loses the thread

Dramatic Gecko
Time Stop would work on Goku... but Guldo barely had enough time to time stop Krillin and Gohan reaching him... SSJ Goku would kill Guldo before he can trigger it... That's my point...

SSJGGogeta
If the thread isn't a fight or a contest, then there is nothing to lose. No one here is saying that Goku can resist time stop, unless he managed to use instant transmission in the timeless instant that Guldo used time stop(which isn't impossible for Goku, as we've seen Kamehameha waves go faster than Goku while using IT).

If the thread was some kind of contest where it was being determined if Goku could resist it or not, then he most likely couldn't. Unless it works like IT, there's no way for him to, since the attack hasn't been demonstrated enough. I could argue that people and attacks in DBZ have moved faster than instant before, but it's still kind of pointless since we don't even know just how the time stop works.

Time Immemorial
The point of the thread is carver asks a stupid question and gets a smart answer.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
The point of the thread is carver asks a stupid question and gets a smart answer.

Exactly. -_-

BloodRain
Lose what? There's nothing to lose, unless you're referring to the thread title, in which case even Ginyu shit-stomps. The same point I've been making.

Time-stop will work on Goku, or anyone, based on the vague feats it has, but it wouldn't help Guldo at all since he was physically weaker than even Kid Gohan.

thumb up
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Blood Rain is poking fun at you guys not wanting to say Goku loses the thread

Basically. Lol Gogeta, was only reaffirming as people were saying Goku would win a fight while barely saying anything or nothing on the OP.

Btw what was the consensus of the tree thing? Treated as a write-off?

SSJGGogeta
Basically. Lol Gogeta, was only reaffirming as people were saying Goku would win a fight while barely saying anything or nothing on the OP.

Btw what was the consensus of the tree thing? Treated as a write-off?

Whatever.

What tree thing? When Guldo nearly skewered Krillin with telekinesis? What about it? That's not a demonstration of physical strength, that was his mind power.

Dramatic Gecko
And his telekinesis would be broken by Goku big time.

BloodRain
Whatever.

What tree thing? When Guldo nearly skewered Krillin with telekinesis? What about it? That's not a demonstration of physical strength, that was his mind power. That everyone was convinced that a thrown pointed tree would be dangerous to the pair.

juggerman
The pair seemed to believe so

SSJGGogeta
Well it's obvious that they were unable to protect themselves while under his telekinesis. He probably disrupted their ki or something. A normal, sharp flying tree wouldn't hurt them normally no matter how fast it was going.

psycho gundam
I just thought about it. Vegeta threw the dragonball away from the Ginyu force and Guildo stopped time. Burter was still able to move through time stop to retrieve the Dragonball due to speed alone. Since Goku is much faster than Burta, wouldn't he be able to achieve the same results? no, burter was fast enough to catch the dragon ball mid flight.

as for the thread it's very simple: goku would get stopped but with a power level of just 5000 guldo wouldn't be able to do anything to goku during his time stop. guldo has to hold his breath so he eats up time getting to goku during this time as well as trying his best to harm goku would maybe take some effort, shortening his endurance. in a featureless environment guldo doesn't even have trees to use that would even entertain the thought of "can goku be impaled by X?", he only has his power level of 5000 to work with and that's not enough.

goku would survive the 1st one and then after that guldo wouldn't be allowed to get off another one without getting his guy punched and his mouth palmed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.