Darth Zannah vs. Darth Malak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

UltimateAnomaly
I'd give it to Zannah in both. Especially if Malak isn't being buffed by the Star Forge.

Force: Zannah has her sorcery, and I'm pretty sure Malak has no counter to that.

Sabers: This is a meh one but I'd still give it to Zannah. Her application of Soresu is remarkable, considering she was able to hold off against Bane in a prolonged fight without getting completely smashed.

Emperordmb
I'm going with Zannah. Nothing suggests that Malak has the willpower to overcome her illusions.

carthage
Gonna go with Zannah too.

Any str feats for Malak though?

Nephthys
Other than being tall as ****, nope.

carthage
thumb up

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Other than being tall as ****, nope.
sad I'm disappointing in you Neph.

-non Star Forge amped Malak-
1. Malak's lightsaber skills in the Mandalorian Wars are sometimes said to be just important as Revan's military genius.
2. Malak has been stated to "extraordinary dark side Force powers out of proportion..."
3. Malak has been compared to Exar Kun on several occasions, including power.
4. Malak has telekentically force whirlwinded Revan.
5. Malak has put Revan in Force Stun, as well as Bastila/Carth.
6. He defeated Bastila quite easily and has demonstrated the ability to create blurs in comics.
7. His pain threshold is probably the best out of all the humans in the mythos.

www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-malak-respect-thread/97104/

Nephthys
I'd assumed Carthage meant strength feats, of which Malak has none.

Also lol at Malak having the best pain threshold ever.

DarthAnt66
Bro, he survived his god damn jaw being cut off.
I'll find some strength feats for you, give me a minute.

Nephthys
Thats not a feat of pain threshold, its not the pain that would have killed him. For all we know he was rendered quite unconscious from the agony. Revan still being capable of fighting after getting his mask half-melted onto his face is a good showing of pain tolerance.

DarthAnt66
You forget that despite being possible knocked out, he still survived it, which is incredible.

STRENGTH FEATS:

"An imposing figure with ghostly pale features, prominent Sith tattoos, a gleaming red lightsaber, and devastating Dark Side power, Malak struck terror into the hearts of his former allies. He also wore a vocal mask that may have concealed a form of cybernetic life-support. Did it provide him with powers far greater than even Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd, or was cybernetic enhancement too simple an explanation?"

Malak beats the shit out of a Mandalorian.
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/malak_10.jpg

It requires two Jedi to hold back an enraged Malak.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3729307-hold+back.png

He was highly proficient at Force Rage, which gives one greater speed, strength, and ferocity. He also fights with Juyo single-handily, a very physically demanding thing to do.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3733443-3728135404-_YMvV.gif

He is ****ing ripped:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130307212440/starwars/images/8/85/Malak_by_Nielsen.jpg

"Malak gained a reputation as a headstrong warrior who would recklessly charge into danger.
That quote is very similar to Marka Ragnos's quote: charging into enemies with heavy armor and pure rage." who "beat his pet nightly."

Nephthys
So as I said, nothing other than being swole as hell.

Emperordmb
Bane and Sion have better pain thresholds IMO

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane and Sion have better pain thresholds IMO Sion yes the best pain threshold, but call me when bane lose his jaw or gets hit by Mandalore's giant axe and survives.

UltimateAnomaly
He got fried with a f*ck ton of lightning and kept going. And that's going to hurt from top to bottom.

A saber through the jaw is going to hurt, but it cauterizes the wound as it cuts. Therefore it's not as deadly as it might seem.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane and Sion have better pain thresholds IMO
Ha yes, I forgot about Sion.
Bane does not, however.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Oh, Bane definitely does. The *****'s been epically fried by his own lightning, got his arm severed by a dark side tendril (which Bane stated was way worse than the lightning fry), and lived through the immense orbalisk pain for 10 years.

Nephthys
thumb up

Every waking hour was immense pain and Bane plowed through that shit like a baws. He was constantly having almost every inch of his body gnawed on.

DarthAnt66
I'm aware, but that is not on the same level as Sion, which I thought dmb was implying.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
He got fried with a f*ck ton of lightning and kept going. And that's going to hurt from top to bottom.

A saber through the jaw is going to hurt, but it cauterizes the wound as it cuts. Therefore it's not as deadly as it might seem. that's not all that impressive considering maul can actually get shocked and brush it off like nothing, then there's Satale Shan who as a padawan was shocked by a Sith Lord and survived, she was barely scathed. Malak Got his jaw cut off, I think that while lightning is painful, a sawed off jaw hurts like a mother.

Nephthys
From the description in the TFU novel, force lightning seems to actually be unbelievably excruciating. Galen described it like his every cell was being torn apart. Of course, this is Sidious' lightning so it might just be specced for maximum pain.

UltimateAnomaly
http://i.imgur.com/cJlBUVL.gif

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
From the description in the TFU novel, force lightning seems to actually be unbelievably excruciating. Galen described it like his every cell was being torn apart. Of course, this is Sidious' lightning so it might just be specced for maximum pain.
You can't compare Sidious's lightning to anyone elses. Let's be serious now.

Eminence
Someone please explain how experiencing a great deal of pain and doing (as far as we know) absolutely nothing in the immediate aftermath is indicative of any sort of "threshold." Bane can obviously cope with a tremendous amount of pain because he spends years in agony and operates through it; Cay Qel-Droma, by comparison, has his arm lopped off and falls to his knees crying for his brother. But since Cay got hurt real bad he has a high pain threshold, right?

Emperordmb
Bane was covered in Orbalisks for decades, in constant agonizing pain, until they got removed. Bane was trapped in a sphere of his own lightning, which was potent enough to reduce people to ash, as the orbalisks burrowed deeper and deeper into his body, going down to bone level, while expanding, before exploding inside of his body and releasing a corrosive poison capable of breaking his body down on a molecular level.

In DOE, he describes slight contact with a tendril to be far more painful than anything he has ever experienced by a huge margin, while explicitly citing the aforementioned experience. After having his entire arm severed by a tendril, which is far more than the brief contact I just mentioned, he maintains the mental composure to evoke the ritual of essence transfer.

From this, Bane's pain threshold impresses me more than anyone else's, with the exception of perhaps Sion, who is referred to as "the lord of pain."

A Terrible Rod
Vader did get dismembered and immolated, then got robofied while still conscious. Gotta be worth a point or two.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by A Terrible Rod
Vader did get dismembered and immolated, then got robofied while still conscious. Gotta be worth a point or two.
And Grievous

nfactor1995
Malak

godemperortrump
Malak wins, barely

godemperortrump
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You can't compare Sidious's lightning to anyone elses. Let's be serious now.
Valk's is a lot better lmao

DarthAnt66
Are you really responding to a post from 2014 about a character who hasn't been created yet?

godemperortrump
Are you really responding to a post from 2014 about a character who hasn't been created yet?
I didn't see it was from 2014 sad

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by godemperortrump
Valk's is a lot better lmao

https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/aOBjnOr_460s.jpg

Fated Xtasy

Im dead lmao.

Dispray
Zannah solidly.

carthage
Malak pretty easily

MythLord
Zannah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.