Satele Shan vs.Darth Vader ANH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Q99
Hm, not sure on this one...

Stealth Moose
On one hand, he is a strong combatant and has a decent grasp of the Force to supplement his unorthodox style. On the other, she has a far greater knowledge of the Force and isn't a pushover, though she's passed her prime as of TOR.

Not sure either.

Darth Martin
I don't think Vader faced a Jedi close to Satele after he got in the suit. I'm gonna go with her.

Nephthys
Galen Marek? Not really a Jedi, but Vader did do well against him.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Galen Marek? Not really a Jedi, but Vader did do well against him. Also fought Kento Marek(not impressive I know) and old Ben by the time of ANH, this one is a little hard to call imo,(didn't he also fight some jedi in some his novels?) I'm going with Shan, she's shown herself to be highly capable against Malgus, then there's her being a Jedi Grandmaster and all, you don't get that title without being skilled in the ways of the force.

DarthAnt66
ANH Vader lost to TPM Maul.
Shan takes this.

NewGuy01
Vader won that fight, though admittedly only through cunning and taking advantage of his supreme durability.

Also, I would argue that Vader losing to TPM Maul doesn't necessarily mean hell lose to Satele. After all, he was losing to Maul due to inferior speed and mobility--But the problem is that Satele has no stellar dueling or speed feats, and even Maul only gained an advantage via dual wielding.

Satele's power lies in her Force talents, and even by ANH Vader has already reached his peak as a force user. He wins this in a good fight.

DarthAnt66
Because speedblitzing like 10 Sith Lords is a poor speed feat.

NewGuy01
It's nothing better than what Vader has done.

My point was that Satele's strong point is mainly her powerful Force Abilities, and in that contest she would lose to Vader. There is little to suggest she'd be able to overwhelm Vader in a duel as Maul did when she lost rather pathetically to Malgus in the duel-portion of their battle.

Based
She lost when she was a Jedi Knight, far form the her eventual role as battlemaster. She can take Vader.

NewGuy01
I can argue Malgus wasn't at his peak either. I can also point out that she has no feats in later material implying significant improvement as a swordsman other than her fight with Baras.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Based
She lost when she was a Jedi Knight, far form the her eventual role as battlemaster. She can take Vader.
wasn't she a padawan when she fought Malgus and Vindican?

Because speedblitzing like 10 Sith Lords is a poor speed feat.
correction: 7 Sith Lords and a droid and then Malgus.

Based
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I can argue Malgus wasn't at his peak either. I can also point out that she has no feats in later material implying significant improvement as a swordsman other than her fight with Baras.

Malgus was given the Darth title and was given command of attacking Alderaan so he was a lot closer to his peak than Satele who's not even a master.

...The fact that she hasn't been in a big duel ever since that comic is the only reason there's no "significant improvement." It would make little sense that she wouldn't improve especially considering every literally Sith she faced off gave her a compliment. Malgus, Angral, Baras, Mekhis, and Eldon Ax all tried to bag Satele.

UltimateAnomaly
Originally posted by Based

...The fact that she hasn't been in a big duel ever since that comic is the only reason there's no "significant improvement." It would make little sense that she wouldn't improve especially considering every literally Sith she faced off gave her a compliment. Malgus, Angral, Baras, Mekhis, and Eldon Ax all tried to bang Satele.

Edited for truth.

NewGuy01
She was never complimented by any of those Sith for her dueling skills other than Eldon I believe.

Darth Martin
Totally forgot Marek. Eh, it'd be a pretty close fight. Vader is likely the superior TK user but Satele showed more impressive Tutaminis. Not to mention she force pushed the shit out of Malgus.

Her saber staff, speed, and agility will give Vader problems in a swordfight. She seemed to be able to hold her own from a strength standpoint with Malgus so she definitely is no pushover.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Because speedblitzing like 10 Sith Lords is a poor speed feat. a bunch of weak mook sith that are getting there ass kicked by one republic soldier?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Totally forgot Marek. Eh, it'd be a pretty close fight. Vader is likely the superior TK user but Satele showed more impressive Tutaminis. Not to mention she force pushed the shit out of Malgus.

Her saber staff, speed, and agility will give Vader problems in a swordfight. She seemed to be able to hold her own from a strength standpoint with Malgus so she definitely is no pushover.
Not quite sure how her tutaminus grants her a definitive edge over Vader.

Nephthys
Originally posted by PTforthewin
a bunch of weak mook sith that are getting there ass kicked by one republic soldier?

If Pre Vizsla can challenge Maul in melee, the best soldier in the Republic can shoulder check some Sith Warriors.

PTforthewin
If Pre Vizsla can challenge Maul in melee, the best soldier in the Republic can shoulder check some Sith Warriors. bull. Malcolm is equal to Captain Rex

Nephthys
Malcolm banged Satele. Knocked her up too.

He's >>>>>>>>>>>> Rex. estahuh

PTforthewin

He's >>>>>>>>>>>> Rex. estahuh source?

PTforthewin

He's >>>>>>>>>>>> Rex. estahuh Bly banged Aayla Secura nuff said

Nephthys
Theron Shan.

Hell, he knocked her up right after the battle we're talking about.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Not quite sure how her tutaminus grants her a definitive edge over Vader. Didn't say it did. But it is worth noting. Absorbing a lightsaber being pushed by Malgus is a VERY impressive force feat.

PTforthewin
Satele is a dumb butch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.