Ozymandias vs Cap America h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meep-meep
This is a strictly h2h encounter in Ozzies artic base where he embarrased Rorsach and Nite Owl.

No weapons for either. Who walks away?

Lestov16
There was already a giant thread for this in which, based on his Winter Soldier feats, it was concluded that Cap would absolutely manhandle Ozymandias.

meep-meep
Oh damn. Sorry. Mods please delete this when you get a chance.

The Spleen
Ozy wins. He's too fast for Cap.

DTM
Personally I think this is a very close match, one Id probably give Cap the slight nod to in the end.

NemeBro
Cap beats Ozy to death.

Robtard
Originally posted by meep-meep
This is a strictly h2h encounter in Ozzies artic base where he embarrased Rorsach and Nite Owl.

No weapons for either. Who walks away?

These two gays make love; not war.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Robtard
These two gays make love; not war.

So they both end up on their back and stomach and both have a difficult time walking afterward.

No homo.

meep-meep
Originally posted by DTM
Personally I think this is a very close match, one Id probably give Cap the slight nod to in the end.

Where would you put Nite Owl and Rorsach in comparison to Black Widow And Hawkeye?

DTM
Ah, probably about even overall, if youre talking strictly HTH, and I think Cap could handle Widow and Hawkeye as Ozy did Nite Owl and Rorshach.

KingD19
Owl and Rorschach are both physically above the assassins. But the marvel's are better fighters.

meep-meep
Originally posted by KingD19
Owl and Rorschach are both physically above the assassins. But the marvel's are better fighters.

I'm not so sure about the latter. Or rather the Watchmen folk were holy-hand-grenade more brutal. Okay, I'm going to see Winter Soldier next week so I'll be able to give my take some time after that. But, Where would you place Batroc in comparison to Rorschach, Nite Owl, Widow and Hawkeye? You too DTM

DTM
Id place Batroc a little bit below those 4, and noticeably below Cap and Ozy.

KingD19
Batroc imo is slightly above Widow and Hawkeye in melee. But under the Watchmen in strength.

As for what I said earlier, you can see the Marvel people rely more on skill while Watchmen basically manhandle everyone they fight buy Ozy. They have skill, but not as much as they clearly don't need it as much.

DrDeadpool
Steve kills Ozymandias.

Darth Martin
Batroc isn't even on Dan, Laurie, or Rorschach' level and Veidt let Dan punch him repeatedly and it looked like it did little more than annoy him.

Veidt and Rogers are pretty even overall. They're probably even in strength. Rogers is more durable. Veidt is faster.

With that said, only reason I'm going out on a limb with Rogers being tougher is because Veidt never really got hit besides him letting Dan beat him up.

I was more impressed with Veidt from a martial arts perspective. Rogers is straight-forward. Veidt toyed with his opponents and obviously has no qualms with killing.

BruceSkywalker
decent match, I think Cap 8/10 ftw

dadudemon
Here is the list of who is what by stats:

Strength:
Ozy is significantly stronger than Rogers. I have not seen Winter Soldier so I reserve the right to change my opinion without whining.

But, by feats, Rogers is significantly weaker. Rogers never punched or kicked a full-grown man 15 meters. If he has, then we need evidence of that person also causing marble, after having flown in the air 15 meters, to pulverize from the impact of the body that rogers punched or kicked.

Speed:
Ozy is much much faster than Rogers. This is easily the largest difference between the two. Don't forget the slow-mo bullet-scenes where Ozy seems to be "comfortable." As I've stated before, Ozy is as close to being the epitome of aim dodging before you start delving into the territory of bullet dodging. My general rule is if a character is better than Ozy at dodging gunfire, then that character is a bullet-dodger.

Durability:
Hard to say. With his shield, easily Rogers. Without it, they are fairly even. The Watchmen characters seem to have absurd durability. Forget Rorschach surviving being kicked into a marble wall (which was pulverized by the force of the impact). To be able to have limbs strong enough to launch a fully grown male human would require some extremely superhuman bones, muscles, and skin to prevent them from turning into meat puree upon impact. But let's not forget that Rogers has some amazing durability feats, as well. Punching threw aluminium is probably his best. I'll have to give it to Rogers, here, but only by a smidgen.

Intelligence:
lol

Cunning (not the same thing as intelligence...low-cunning but high-intelligence example: Bruce Banner. High-cunning can turn a one-sided fight into a victory for the underdog: just ask John McClane):
This is probably Ozy's, too, but Rogers has very high cunning. I'll give this to Ozy but only by a smidgen.

Endurance:
Fairly even. Ozy didn't seem to be strained at all during his 2v1 fight with Ror and Owl. But Rogers never seems to be tired when fighting. I wanna give this to Rogers.

H2H:
Ozy, by a huge margin.

Based on these ratings, Ozymandias defeats Rogers 10 out of 10 times. This is a lopsided fight. I think things get a little more even when you give Steve Rogers his shield but I would still give Ozy the win 8 out of 10 times even if Rogers has his shield.

But, I may change my opinion on some of these after watching Winter Soldier.

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by dadudemon

Strength:
Ozy is significantly stronger than Rogers. I have not seen Winter Soldier so I reserve the right to change my opinion without whining.

But, by feats, Rogers is significantly weaker. Rogers never punched or kicked a full-grown man 15 meters. If he has, then we need evidence of that person also causing marble, after having flown in the air 15 meters, to pulverize from the impact of the body that rogers punched or kicked.

Speed:
Ozy is much much faster than Rogers. This is easily the largest difference between the two. Don't forget the slow-mo bullet-scenes where Ozy seems to be "comfortable." As I've stated before, Ozy is as close to being the epitome of aim dodging before you start delving into the territory of bullet dodging. My general rule is if a character is better than Ozy at dodging gunfire, then that character is a bullet-dodger.

Durability:
Hard to say. With his shield, easily Rogers. Without it, they are fairly even. The Watchmen characters seem to have absurd durability. Forget Rorschach surviving being kicked into a marble wall (which was pulverized by the force of the impact). To be able to have limbs strong enough to launch a fully grown male human would require some extremely superhuman bones, muscles, and skin to prevent them from turning into meat puree upon impact. But let's not forget that Rogers has some amazing durability feats, as well. Punching threw aluminium is probably his best. I'll have to give it to Rogers, here, but only by a smidgen.

Intelligence:
lol

Cunning (not the same thing as intelligence...low-cunning but high-intelligence example: Bruce Banner. High-cunning can turn a one-sided fight into a victory for the underdog: just ask John McClane):
This is probably Ozy's, too, but Rogers has very high cunning. I'll give this to Ozy but only by a smidgen.

Endurance:
Fairly even. Ozy didn't seem to be strained at all during his 2v1 fight with Ror and Owl. But Rogers never seems to be tired when fighting. I wanna give this to Rogers.

H2H:
Ozy, by a huge margin.

Based on these ratings, Ozymandias defeats Rogers 10 out of 10 times. This is a lopsided fight. I think things get a little more even when you give Steve Rogers his shield but I would still give Ozy the win 8 out of 10 times even if Rogers has his shield.

But, I may change my opinion on some of these after watching Winter Soldier.

You will change your opinion on all of that after watching Winter soldier cool

Darth Martin
If you haven't seen The Winter Soldier then...... Yeah.

jinXed by JaNx
I have to give it to Ozy. If Cap had his shield it would be a no question win for him

meep-meep
No doubt. But no shield to have a somewhat equal footing.

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by meep-meep
No doubt. But no shield to have a somewhat equal footing.

With or without shield cap wins, he is physically above him and Ozy hasn't shown anything to be considered on cap level.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by The Spleen
Ozy wins. He's too fast for Cap. This. Ozy blitzes.

Originally posted by dadudemon

Strength:

Speed:

Durability:

Intelligence:
lol

Endurance:

H2H:
Ozy, by a huge margin.

But, I may change my opinion on some of these after watching Winter Soldier. Agreed with everything except strength. Winter Soldier gives Cap a few new feats that give him the advantage there. Not enough to win here though.

Noodles71
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This. Ozy blitzes.

Agreed with everything except strength. Winter Soldier gives Cap a few new feats that give him the advantage there. Not enough to win here though.

Disagree with durability, which I think is Cap's biggest advantage over Ozy. Cap's durability in WS was ridiculous. He fell ten stories onto concrete and shrugged it off seconds later. He was electrocuted for a sustained period of time by stun batons that knocked out a full grown man with a slight tap. He was blown off of an overpass by an RPG and crashed headfirst through a bus that was then hit by a truck. He got up moments later literally without a scratch on him. He was stabbed and then shot four times and was still able to lift a one ton weight.

Even in Avengers, he tanked a Chitauri blast to the gut and took hits from freaking Loki without being injured. He fell three stories onto a car stomach first and was only winded for a moment.

I honestly don't know whether Ozy has the damage output or strength feats to significantly hurt, let alone knock out or kill Cap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.