The final canon continuity problems?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
With the announcement of EU being non-canon, all continuity problems have been solved. Yet their are 3 problems in conflicting "canon" canon.

1. Dooku's dialogue- In Episode III, Anakin said "My powers have doubled since the last time we met Count". Dooku responds "Good, twice the pride, double the fall." This infers that their Geonosis duel was their last duel, when TCW has had them duel multiple times. What's the retcon?

2. Grievous's dialogue- This one is a little more nitpicky, but when Grievous fights Anakin in Episode III, he says "You fool, I've been trained in your Jedi arts, by Count Dooku." Why would he say that. Because of TCW, he's crossed blades with him multiple times.

3. Lack of droid models- TCW introduces us to Battle Droid Commandos, Tactical droids, and even Super Tactical Droids. These droid models do not show up in Episode III, so my question is, where were they.

OBVIOUSLY, these problems were created because TCW first aired 3 years after ROTS premiered. However, I'm looking for an in-universe explanation to these problems.

DARTH POWER

Originally posted by Darth Abonis
1. Dooku's dialogue- In Episode III, Anakin said "My powers have doubled since the last time we met Count". Dooku responds "Good, twice the pride, double the fall." This infers that their Geonosis duel was their last duel, when TCW has had them duel multiple times. What's the retcon?

This one is a tough one to swallow, because it's obvious that dialogue was initally meant to be referring to their last encounter on Geonosis. But for your in universe explanation:

Anakin's just being an arrogant s*** saying he's twice as powerful as he was last time they fought.

Although I'm glad their last fight in TCW had Dooku looking superior to both Anakin and Obi-Wan, making sense out of Dooku's confidence at least (after all those close fights he had with Anakin alone).

2. Grievous's dialogue- This one is a little more nitpicky, but when Grievous fights Anakin in Episode III, he says "You fool, I've been trained in your Jedi arts, by Count Dooku." Why would he say that. Because of TCW, he's crossed blades with him multiple times.

He's letting Kenobi know he's even better trained now than the last time they met. Grievous was being trained by Dooku throughout the Clone Wars, so it makes sense that ROTS Grievous would be at his peak.

3. Lack of droid models- TCW introduces us to Battle Droid Commandos, Tactical droids, and even Super Tactical Droids. These droid models do not show up in Episode III, so my question is, where were they.

Ah you don't see everything in every film. Yoda and The Emperor were alive in Episode 4 but we never saw them. Yoda wasn't even mentioned.

But honestly there are even more contradictions between the Prequels and the OT. Shit just happens. But hey on the bright side none of these contradictions are even close to the mess the Movie X-Men Universe has given us. I still laugh at Sabertooth being Wolverine's brother! LOL

Moral of the story- Don't make prequels if you want to avoid contradictions.

Darth Abonis
Such as?

Lord Lucien
Such as? ...such as all the ones you listed?

DARTH POWER
Such as?

Such as..

Luke says to Leia in ROTJ "tell me about your Mother, your real Mother,"

and she replies that she just remembers images because she died when Leia was very young.

I mean wtf? She died giving birth. But then you go make a prequel and realize you can't leave Padme alive after the twins are born.

Based
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
...such as all the ones you listed?

None of those conflict with the OT, all of these issues stem from the TCW cartoon.

Lord Lucien
We're talking about the OT?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Based
None of those conflict with the OT, all of these issues stem from the TCW cartoon.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Such as..

Luke says to Leia in ROTJ "tell me about your Mother, your real Mother,"

and she replies that she just remembers images because she died when Leia was very young.

I mean wtf? She died giving birth. But then you go make a prequel and realize you can't leave Padme alive after the twins are born.

Based
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
...such as all the ones YOU listed?

YOU are not Abonis.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Based
YOU are not Abonis. I'm not?!

GenomeFrozener
EU is, NOT canon!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.