Kyle Katarn vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Fight takes place in the throne room of mandalore

who wins who dies?

carthage
TCW Maul would take him in a good fight.

NewGuy01
Maul definitively.

WildBantha88
no Kyle should win this

NewGuy01
Maul weaving webbing tapestries behind his blade, moving imperceptibly fast to advanced security cameras, and appearing to be in multiple places at once is better than Kyle's lone speed feat of moving invisibly fast.

Maul having busted durasteel binders, smashed skulls and shattered spines with punches, and matching Vader's strength is better than Kyle's *no* strength feats.

Both are high level masters of multiple forms, but Maul's list of victories against powerful opponents including Qui-Gon Jinn, Anoon Bondara, and Obi-Wan Kenobi really outshine Kyle having defeated Jerec's Dark Jedi, Desaan, and a few random elites. (Though to his credit, Mara Jade considered him an equal)

I'm not even going to discuss their respective Force Showings, because in that area Maul completely blows Kyle out of the water too.

Also, while this is something of a lame argument, Maul did fare better against Palpatine than Kyle did against Caedus.

Q99
Among Kyle's victories include fighting against well-above-humanly strong Dark jedi. Gorg was a Gamorran to begin with, modified to be a sithspawn with increased strength, and used the force to further enhance the size of his muscles. Desann was seven plus feet tall and from a species a lot stronger than humans, and Katarn outpowered him.

Kyle knows force lightning, force absorb, he's used telekinesis in combat in methods such as simply holding a dark jedi in the air to make them surrender (used against Axmis, a dark jedi of some ability herself). Using the darkside, he even formed a solid, invisible weapon purely out of darkside power.

Kyle is not inconsiderable in the force by any means!

Maul had a powerful partner, Kyle had weaker partners he had to defend, once it was one on one Sidious dealt with Maul *fast*, Caedus used an outside advantage to win faster than he would in a direct fight.

The circumstances are different enough that it's not that easy to compare.

Nephthys
Kyle did beat Jerec after he got all juiced up.

PTforthewin
And jerec was stronger then maul

NewGuy01
In the novelization of Jedi Outcast they don't fight at all. Jerec is getting himself juiced up and is taken by surprise by Kyle's wall of light that renders him powerless.

WildBantha88
in all honesty I think Kyle Katarn is way above maul, I just saw that he doesn't get much love on these forums and gave him a lesser opponent

PTforthewin
Jedi outcast the game is more canon then the novel

DarthAnt66
nope

Stealth Moose
Kyle Katarn solos. He has a more righteous beard, for one.

carthage
Originally posted by WildBantha88
in all honesty I think Kyle Katarn is way above maul, I just saw that he doesn't get much love on these forums and gave him a lesser opponent

thumb up

ILS
Lmfao

NewGuy01
WildBantha is clearly a prophet of the truth.

A really, really bad prophet.

NTJack0
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Kyle Katarn solos. He has a more righteous beard, for one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.