Luminara Unduli and Obi-Wan Kenobi Vs Starkiller(TFU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Two masters of Form:III Soresu Vs The sith apprentice in a purely lightsaber duel. Who wins?
the battle takes place on Mustafar.

DarthAnt66
Is this a joke? Kenobi easily solos.
Starkiller can't handle Shaak Ti with his lightsaber skills. He's the joke of the mythos.

carthage
Obi wan is the strongest of the three, he wins.

Q99
Pure sabers, yea, Starkiller's in major trouble, he'd likely lose to either (definitely to Obi-wan, and Luminara is certainly a challenge on her own), let alone both.

He needs the force to take on foes of this level.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Is this a joke? Kenobi easily solos.
Agreed

NewGuy01
Kenobi can't easily solo Ventress, likewise he can't easily solo Starkiller either.

That being said, he can probably win this alone, with help this is spite.

PTforthewin
Starkiller uses force rage and fries Kenobi and Luminira with lightning (not joking) plus his lightsaber skills bested vader and he almost killed palpatine

PTforthewin
Originally posted by carthage
Obi wan is the strongest of the three, he wins. lightsabers possibly but he had like 30 years training, starkiller only trained in sabers for like 10 years and was still able to defeat shaak ti and vader. It took a long time for obi wan to master a simple force push and his greatest force feats are him collapsing a small pillar on magnaguards and force pushing grievous, Galen redirects and navigates star destroyers and force repulses stormtroopers so hard that they disintegrate.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Starkiller uses force rage and fries Kenobi and Luminira with lightning (not joking) plus his lightsaber skills bested vader and he almost killed palpatine

lightsabers possibly but he had like 30 years training, starkiller only trained in sabers for like 10 years and was still able to defeat shaak ti and vader. It took a long time for obi wan to master a simple force push and his greatest force feats are him collapsing a small pillar on magnaguards and force pushing grievous, Galen redirects and navigates star destroyers and force repulses stormtroopers so hard that they disintegrate.
1. The amount of training Starkiller and Kenobi had relevant to their skill levels still does not change their actual skill levels.

2. Palpatine is above Starkiller by a very considerable margin. Even Starkiller admits that his "defeat" of the emperor was just a trick.

3. You are listing feats for both TFU I and TFU II Starkiller here, which doesn't work as they are two different characters, and even if they weren't, this is the TFU I version.

4. This is a sabers only match, so I don't know why the hell you are basing almost your entire argument on the magnitude of his force powers and saying he wins with lightning.

WildBantha88
Starkiller does not impress me as a duelist. he looses very badly

Fated Xtasy
Wow, no love for Starkiller, not what I expected. Okay I'll play the role of a TFU fan.(before we continue, two things, #1 I actually like Starkiller and consider him a great Jedi. #2 I ALSO like Luminara and Obi-Wan-so I'm not biased) okay, while I don't think holographic projections are as powerful as their 'real' counter parts, Starkiller did defeat Proxy's Obi-Wan and Maul modules and used said modules effectively against Starkiller-but, obviously a hologram doesn't compare to the real thing, but I thought I should point that out. Rahm is not really all that impressive as a duelist, same goes for Kazdran and Maris. The only Truly impressive opponents he has fought are Shaak Ti and Vader. With Shaak Ti being the only one who fought him earnestly(Rahm didn't consider him a threat, Kazdran was literally insane and not much of a fighter IMO, and Maris was a fallen padawan and Vader held back) Shaak Ti was the only one who pushed the young apprentice back and 'almost' beat him. Overall TFU1 Starkiller's lightsaber skills are high mid tier, maybe low-high tier. His Force powers obviously surpass nearly all of the council, but this a duel of the blades.

After rewatching some of the TCW episode I actually believe that in terms of lightsaber skills Ventress>Starkiller not only has defeated Jedi masters, but also held her own against the Maul brother and defeated Grievous on her own, that being said, Both Luminara and Kenobi have defeated Ventress(Luminara did so with her eye sight damaged) Kenobi has also survived various encounters with both Ventress and Grievous, Both master are exceptional, formidable duelist who specialize in Form:III Soresu. So I think that this duel Luminara and Obi-Wan win with mild difficulty, if this were TFU2 Starkiller and the battle was an everything goes fight perhaps Starkiller might win, but for now, I think team Jedi wins. :-)

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
1. The amount of training Starkiller and Kenobi had relevant to their skill levels still does not change their actual skill levels.

2. Palpatine is above Starkiller by a very considerable margin. Even Starkiller admits that his "defeat" of the emperor was just a trick.

3. You are listing feats for both TFU I and TFU II Starkiller here, which doesn't work as they are two different characters, and even if they weren't, this is the TFU I version.

4. This is a sabers only match, so I don't know why the hell you are basing almost your entire argument on the magnitude of his force powers and saying he wins with lightning. starkiller had the potential to become more powerful or on the same level as the emporer

Emperordmb
starkiller had the potential to become more powerful or on the same level as the emporer
But his potential was never actualized to the point of being near that. Even by the end of TFU II, he beats Vader in a very close fight, and keep in mind this is before Vader's prime, at which he is 80% of Sidious's power. Starkiller very clearly did not reach his potential.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
But his potential was never actualized to the point of being near that. Even by the end of TFU II, he beats Vader in a very close fight, and keep in mind this is before Vader's prime, at which he is 80% of Sidious's power. Starkiller very clearly did not reach his potential.
I actually think Vader let Starkiller beat him, He was trying to convert to the dark-side in TFU2

WildBantha88
starkiller had the potential to become more powerful or on the same level as the emporer potential does not = achievement. Potential means nothing unless they achieve that potential

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by WildBantha88
potential does not = achievement. Potential means nothing unless they achieve that potential

Thank you! Also doesn't it say he has the potential to become a great sith lord IF he falls to the dark-side and joins the sith?

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Thank you! Also doesn't it say he has the potential to become a great sith lord IF he falls to the dark-side and joins the sith? im not sure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.