Should the Inquisitor use Force Lightning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Rebels is coming and we are treated to a glimpse of our new bad guy which should take the role that Dooku had in Clone Wars, the Inquisitor. My question, is should Force Lightning be in his attack repertoire? One of the EU's biggest problems, is that every Sith and his grandmother could throw it, destroying the unique appeal of that power. Yet with the new canon, only 4 beings have been observed to use it. Palpatine, Count Dooku, Mother Talzin and The Son. Should the Inquisitor join the ranks?

Stealth Moose
He wouldn't be a good replacement if he is gimped.

NTJack0
Meh, well he's basically the reincarnation of the Son anyway.

Darth Abonis
I don't think so.

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Rebels is coming and we are treated to a glimpse of our new bad guy which should take the role that Dooku had in Clone Wars, the Inquisitor. My question, is should Force Lightning be in his attack repertoire? One of the EU's biggest problems, is that every Sith and his grandmother could throw it, destroying the unique appeal of that power. Yet with the new canon, only 4 beings have been observed to use it. Palpatine, Count Dooku, Mother Talzin and The Son. Should the Inquisitor join the ranks? Nah, Vader is still Palpatine's direct apprentice, thus Vader=Dooku in terms of 'rank' or w/e--the Inquisitor would be more akin to Asajj in that regard(ie. the apprentice's apprentice or somesuch.) With that in mind, the Inquisitor will almost certainly be a good margin less powerful than Vader, and as such, *shouldn't* be able to whip up Vader-Kryptonite lightning.

Imo, they need to keep FL as an extremely rare Sith power that only the upper-echelon elitists can effectively wield. It shouldn't be cheapened by over-usage.

Darth Abonis
I feel the exact same way.

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007

Imo, they need to keep FL as an extremely rare Sith power that only the upper-echelon elitists can effectively wield. It shouldn't be cheapened by over-usage.

Agreed.

Rookie darkside adepts used it in some EU stuff. Shadow Academy students, Dark Empire 'Dark Side Elites,' etc.. Weak squirtgun force lightning that was easy to defend against, but there shouldn't be weak squirtgun force lightning.

I'd much rather it be a real sign of power.

DarthAnt66
I feel the Inquisitor will be Darth Vader's Mara Jade.

PTforthewin
I hate the inquisitor! WE WANT JEREC

Q99
The guy hasn't even show up yet, give him a chance!

Plus, we know how Jerec dies. We don't know how this guy does.

NTJack0
I wonder if he'll get the Grievous treatment.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by NTJack0
I wonder if he'll get the Grievous treatment. no the inquisitor would kill kanan and then Ezra kills him in the end

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Yet with the new canon, only 4 beings have been observed to use it. Palpatine, Count Dooku, Mother Talzin and The Son. Should the Inquisitor join the ranks?

Mother Talzin wields Magic. I don't think she uses Force Lightning. And the Son was a being on another level.

So amongst Jedi and Sith it would only be Sidious and Dooku who wield it, and only Yoda and Mace who deflect it. That works fine for me.

So yes they should keep it rare.

Originally posted by NTJack0
I wonder if he'll get the Grievous treatment.

He'll be more like Ventress than Grievous.

Galan007
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
So amongst Jedi and Sith it would only be Sidious and Dooku who wield it, and only Yoda and Mace who deflect it. Mace deflected it with a saber, though. So if we're counting that, then add AotC Kenobi to the list as well.

The_Tempest
No.

Hell, Dooku shouldn't have wielded it.

DARTH POWER
Mace deflected it with a saber, though. So if we're counting that, then add AotC Kenobi to the list as well.

Kenobi blocked it. He never deflected it. Anakin and Ventress have also blocked it in TCW but never deflected it. IIRC Only Mace has done that with his Saber.

Galan007
Originally posted by The_Tempest
No.

Hell, Dooku shouldn't have wielded it. See, I don't really have a problem with Dooku using FL, given that he was one of the most powerful/esteemed force-users throughout the mythos. It was the random no-namers pulling it out of their asses like it was the first trick they learned at Sith School, that I had a problem with.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Kenobi blocked it. He never deflected it. Anakin and Ventress have also blocked it in TCW but never deflected it. IIRC Only Mace has done that with his Saber. Gotcha.

ares834
No.

thumb up

The_Tempest
See, I don't really have a problem with Dooku using FL, given that he was one of the most powerful/esteemed force-users throughout the mythos. It was the random no-namers pulling it out of their asses like it was the first trick they learned at Sith School, that I had a problem with.

Use of the power by a Sith of Dooku's caliber is more acceptable than the EU's approach wherein every Tom, Sith, and Harry can spam that shit.

But the Emperor's use of it in ROTJ was very eldritch and esoteric. It would be cool if it were preserved as an exceptionally rare power.

Galan007
thumb up

My point exactly.

Darth Abonis
I like it to be a little more reserved on who uses it, but not make it that rare. I figured it'd be a power used by only the best, not just Palpatine.

DARTH POWER
^ Agreed with Dooku it's not just how powerful he is, but the sheer number of decades he's been mastering the ways of the Force.. After ROTJ I always saw it as a power only the Older Sith would have learned over time. So yeah rare, but not a complete one off for Palpatine only.

Stealth Moose
If only Palps had Sith Lightning, Tempest would black out from the perpetual erection.

Nephthys
No.

Use of the power by a Sith of Dooku's caliber is more acceptable than the EU's approach wherein every Tom, Sith, and Harry can spam that shit.

But the Emperor's use of it in ROTJ was very eldritch and esoteric. It would be cool if it were preserved as an exceptionally rare power.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.