X-Men: Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH POWER
Might as well start this.

So apart from just being about Apocalypse it seems this film will show us the real first class. Consisting of a young Cyclops, Jean Grey and probably Storm too:

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/classic-x-men-return-x-men-apocalypse-091500928.html

I'm guessing Beast will still be in it, so it will be close to the actual First Class from the comics. Just missing Angel and Iceman.

Will Cyclops finally get the cred that he deserves on the big screen? Doesn't help that he will be a teenager though. There will also be continuity problems with the Cyclops meeting Xavier scene in Origins: Wolverine, and the Xavier meeting Jean Grey scene in X3.

Not sure how they are going to age Charles, Eric and Beast either. Because this movie will have to skip another decade.

Kazenji
I hope they don't kill him off in the movie, Would like to see another couple X-Men movies involving Apoc.

pym-ftw
I really just hope that horrible rumor that Magneto will be Apoc isn't true.

Kazenji
Never heard that one....

one i heard was Apoc will be an alien but eventually ended up being false.

roughrider
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Might as well start this.

So apart from just being about Apocalypse it seems this film will show us the real first class. Consisting of a young Cyclops, Jean Grey and probably Storm too:

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/classic-x-men-return-x-men-apocalypse-091500928.html

I'm guessing Beast will still be in it, so it will be close to the actual First Class from the comics. Just missing Angel and Iceman.

Will Cyclops finally get the cred that he deserves on the big screen? Doesn't help that he will be a teenager though. There will also be continuity problems with the Cyclops meeting Xavier scene in Origins: Wolverine, and the Xavier meeting Jean Grey scene in X3.

Not sure how they are going to age Charles, Eric and Beast either. Because this movie will have to skip another decade.

I'm betting the events of Days Of Future Past will be the reason for a new continuity, from 1973 onward anyway.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by roughrider
I'm betting the events of Days Of Future Past will be the reason for a new continuity, from 1973 onward anyway.

Oh yeah, they can change a lot that way. But not sure how it would change Cyclops and Jean's ages, and which decade McAvoy transforms into Stewart LOL

On another note I've not heard anything about Wolverine being involved in Apoc yet. But I'm guessing he will, and it will be his last X-Men movie.

BruceSkywalker
i wanna see this film be rated r so jennifer lawrence can be nude hahaha

this takes places in 1980's i believe but i hope the script will be good..

Inhuman
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I really just hope that horrible rumor that Magneto will be Apoc isn't true.

what in da fuq sad

pym-ftw
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

this takes places in 1980's i believe but i hope the script will be good.. I think I heard 76' but I can't remember where.

Femi32
I thought the whole point of Days of Future Past was supposed to change the present so we can actually get a decent X-Men sequel with all of the essential characters alive? I thought wrong. At some point, they have to make a true sequel.

BruceSkywalker
I think I heard 76' but I can't remember where.

it might be, im sure they will say again as more information about X-Men"Apocalypse starts to come out

Kazenji

Silly...

she already is naked.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Femi32
I thought the whole point of Days of Future Past was supposed to change the present so we can actually get a decent X-Men sequel with all of the essential characters alive? I thought wrong. At some point, they have to make a true sequel.

I personally think getting a young Cyclops and Jean Grey in the next one is a really good way to go as that would be much closer to the TRUE First Class from the comics. That would give us Xavier, Cyclops, Jean and Beast. It would only be Angel and Ice-Man missing (they obviously can't show up unless they go back in time Lol). Instead we would get a young Storm - That's Ok.

And I just prefer everything about FC, from the actors, character development- Everything. So really wouldn't like them to jump back to the future/present timeline anyway.

I'm just happy Fox is finally going in the right direction with this (14 years later) by giving us other classic X-Men Villains apart form Magneto, and bringing other X-Men who are not Wolverine into the spotlight.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Silly...

she already is naked.

but she has to take off the blue.. lol

Golgo13
I just hope this latest one is good. The trailers don't look that good to me.

Kazenji
You on crack?

pym-ftw
At the risk of agreeing with Golgo I'm also disappointed with a lot of the decisions made like skinny Destroyer armors as sentinels & why Dinkledge? Not to say anything of his acting talent but I like my actors to look like who they are portraying.

I mean I assume Fox has the rights to Alpha flight, make him puck and give us the Wolverine movie everyone wants and fix that $hit pile Origins movie.

Also the fact X3 is now not canon, but Scott & Jean are still dead is an embarrassing oversight that a ten year old fan fiction writer would make.

Kazenji
Yeah i don't get why Dinkledge is playing Trask isn't that character taller?

and which Sentinels are you talking about, There's like two versions the ones which you'll see in the future and then the ones which will appear in the past.

roughrider

Also the fact X3 is now not canon, but Scott & Jean are still dead is an embarrassing oversight that a ten year old fan fiction writer would make.

What oversight? X-Men: Apocalypse will be set in the 1980's, when Scott & Jean were still alive. And who ever said X3 is not canon?

pym-ftw
Yeah i don't get why Dinkledge is playing Trask isn't that character taller?

and which Sentinels are you talking about, There's like two versions the ones which you'll see in the future and then the ones which will appear in the past. I always saw Trask as a generic suit, I guess its to make him stand out, I guess the comics could always retcon his appearance.Originally posted by roughrider
What oversight? X-Men: Apocalypse will be set in the 1980's, when Scott & Jean were still alive. And who ever said X3 is not canon? first class... it contradicts X3 & Origins and Dofp is setting it up as the real prequel to X1.

DARTH POWER
first class... it contradicts X3 & Origins and Dofp is setting it up as the real prequel to X1.

Contradicts it in what way? Xavier walking? They're going to explain that as seen in the trailers where Xavier is walking in DOFP.

X3 is canon, as shown in the end credit scene of the Wolverine, where Wolverine is shocked to see Xavier alive.

DOFP will change the timeline though, but it's unclear what it's going to change about previous films.

Originally posted by Golgo13
I just hope this latest one is good. The trailers don't look that good to me.

I'm sorry, but as much as I've bitched in the past about the way Fox has done X-Men, this looks damn good. Not to mention it's a sequel to First Class which is one of my all time favorite comic book movies.

pym-ftw
How about Prof X DYING lol

DARTH POWER

X3 is canon, as shown in the end credit scene of the Wolverine, where Wolverine is shocked to see Xavier alive.

He gives some explanation that mutants are capable of all Sorts of remarkable things Lol

pym-ftw
If its canon its not much better.

DARTH POWER
No one involved with the film are sure anymore if Bryan Singer will be directing the next one:

http://variety.com/2014/scene/news/x-men-bryan-singer-premiere-new-york-1201177554/

Golgo13
Contradicts it in what way? Xavier walking? They're going to explain that as seen in the trailers where Xavier is walking in DOFP.

DOFP will change the timeline though, but it's unclear what it's going to change about previous films.

I'm sorry, but as much as I've bitched in the past about the way Fox has done X-Men, this looks damn good. Not to mention it's a sequel to First Class which is one of my all time favorite comic book movies.

First Class was one of my fav super hero films to date, but I don't have a good feeling about this one. Bryan Singer is hit or miss with me.

DARTH POWER
First Class was one of my fav super hero films to date, but I don't have a good feeling about this one. Bryan Singer is hit or miss with me.

Oh yeah I agree, I'm not a fan of Bryan Singer at all. Think he did not do a great job with initially bringing X-Men to the big screen, and Superman Returns was a horrible reintroduction to Superman on the big screen.

On the positive side X2 was a really great action flick Imo (although as an X-Men fan I have quite a few problems with it). And First Class was created by talks between Singer and Mathew Vaughn.

But the reasons I'm optimistic about this one is because: 10 Singer showed he can make a great action sequel with X2, and because 2) the story and script were done by Simon Kingerg and Mathew Vaughn. Vaughn was also supposed to direct DOFP initially, but at some point Singer stepped in to take over (probably realizing how huge this could be, and seeing it as an opportunity to redeem himself after Superman Returns). And 3) The initial reviews now seem very very positive.

pym-ftw
Tbf X3 had solid reviews from the press, I've never understood why though.

Kazenji
Not so much with that Rotten Tomatoes site.

DARTH POWER
Ah damn, looks like Wolverine will be in this, so I doubt they will let Cyclops stand out:

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/05/hugh-jackman-filming-x-men-apocalypse-wolverine-3-back-to-back/

pym-ftw
Not so much with that Rotten Tomatoes site. I meant pre-official release. I really hope Wolverine doesn't ruin this movie.

Kazenji
I actually don't mind the third X-men

its okay if your not after much character development.

Golgo13
Oh yeah I agree, I'm not a fan of Bryan Singer at all. Think he did not do a great job with initially bringing X-Men to the big screen, and Superman Returns was a horrible reintroduction to Superman on the big screen.

On the positive side X2 was a really great action flick Imo (although as an X-Men fan I have quite a few problems with it). And First Class was created by talks between Singer and Mathew Vaughn.

But the reasons I'm optimistic about this one is because: 10 Singer showed he can make a great action sequel with X2, and because 2) the story and script were done by Simon Kingerg and Mathew Vaughn. Vaughn was also supposed to direct DOFP initially, but at some point Singer stepped in to take over (probably realizing how huge this could be, and seeing it as an opportunity to redeem himself after Superman Returns). And 3) The initial reviews now seem very very positive.

You don't like Apt. Pupil or Usual Suspects? Both near perfect films, IMO. His first X-Men was decent, too. And X2 was very good. His other films like Valkyrie, Superman, and Jack were awful/boring. So, he's hit or miss.

Kazenji
With Superman it doesn't help when its trying to channel the Christopher Reeve's movies.

DARTH POWER
I actually don't mind the third X-men

its okay if your not after much character development.

And it's awful if your a fan of the comics, given the treatment Juggernaut, Cyclops and Xavier got. (Although they've fixed the Xavier thing now).

Kazenji
If you say so....

at least i enjoyed it even if it may not be a perfect movie.

pym-ftw
Well I dislike comic Wolverine and Huge Jackedmans version is everything I dislike amped to the tenth degree.

Kazenji

Might want rethink about X3 being canon

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Edwardo2K14/news/?a=99976

roughrider

Yeah, well they had their chance with X-Men: First Class to say they were rebooting, but they decided they wanted it both ways and made The Wolverine and Days Of Future Past with the old continuity in mind.

DOFP is the true opportunity going forward to see Cyclops not going out like a punk. If it erases the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, that's fine with me too! big grin

DARTH POWER

Interesting. But I meant it's canon going into the beginning of the movie which it is. We always knew they wanted to change a few of the future films (mainly X3) by the end of DOFP by tweaking with the timeline.

Golgo13
X2 is still fans #1 X-Film.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=233&view=results&msg=voted

DARTH POWER
First Class is still my favorite. DOFP is good though. Just not Epic like it could have been Imho.

BruceSkywalker
methinks the post credit scene for this will be the birth of Cable, or perhaps Cable as an adult

cherry cola
just saw the movie thought it was good. Not my favorite X-men movie. How do I create spoiler alerts?

Firefly218
This is definitely my favorite Xmen movie, on par with First Class and X2

ares834
X2 is still fans #1 X-Film.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=233&view=results&msg=voted

I'm expecting DoFP to take that title. Easily the best of the X-films IMO.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by cherry cola
just saw the movie thought it was good. Not my favorite X-men movie. How do I create spoiler alerts? and then and then and you just don't add spaces.

I personally really enjoyed that movie & the end at the mansion was very nicely kept hidden.

stormlover
I do believe that X-Men: DotFP is my absolute favorite X-Men film, and that's a lot coming from me, being a huge Storm fan and all and her not having my desired amount of screen time (I hope that doesn't count as a spoiler o.o), but not even that deterred me from loving this movie! I'm a huge fan of X2, but this movie I believe tops it! If you haven't seen it yet, goooo!

DARTH POWER
How could anyone want more Halle Berry as Storm? Her acting is so bad and her character has been portrayed as so uninteresting..

BruceSkywalker
How could anyone want more Halle Berry as Storm? Her acting is so bad and her character has been portrayed as so uninteresting..

as far as i know she won't be in X-Men: Apocalypse

pym-ftw
No it been said that age of Apoc is set ten years after Dofp (past or 40 years before the future) Scott, Jean & Ororo are confirmed to be in it though so... Yeah apparently they are 40+ in the standard timeline... Idk how they fit in unless they are babies

DARTH POWER
No it been said that age of Apoc is set ten years after Dofp (past or 40 years before the future) Scott, Jean & Ororo are confirmed to be in it though so... Yeah apparently they are 40+ in the standard timeline... Idk how they fit in unless they are babies

For the sake of the story they would have to be teenagers at least. So that would put them close to 60 in the DOFP future. LOL Don't know how that would work. But if they say the 50 years was rounding off and it was actually like 46-47 years, and if they are 17/18 years old in Apocalypse, then they could pass for 55 in the DOFP Future. Still a bit ridiculous, but at least they're attempting to fix things and show us the Actual First Class. Pretty close to the comics FC. Just replacing Ice-Man and Angel with Storm.

Btw Scott was a teenager in the early 80's according to Origins: Wolverine as well. But looking at Striker in DOFP it's pretty clear they're not taking Origins Wolverine as canon.

BruceSkywalker

X-Men: Apocalypse will take place in the very early 1980's and it will feature a young scott, jean and storm as well as channing tatum as gambit

also rumored but not confirmed yet is that members from previous X films will be in it

pym-ftw
I'm guessing first class beast, & Havok as Scott's father.

pym-ftw
why was Prof X still alive in the future?

JayDaDon
^Watch the after credit scene of X3

pym-ftw
Okay, why is he still Patrick Stewart then?

BruceSkywalker
Okay, why is he still Patrick Stewart then?

ask the casting department big grin

Femi32
Days of Future Past was awesome! Apocalypse definitely has me hyped!

Golgo13
Originally posted by ares834
I'm expecting DoFP to take that title. Easily the best of the X-films IMO.

So, did it take the title?

ares834
Hiuh? I certainly think it did as evidenced by my last post and I feel most fans will think so as well. As for that poll, it came out before DoFP and thus wasn't included. If the poll was redone, I'd expect DoFP to "win".

roughrider
why was Prof X still alive in the future?

We had this discussion (and explanation) with you one page earlier in the thread. Is your memory faulty?

BTW, I thought DOFP was excellent. Undecided for the moment how high it ranks in the X-Men films, but it's in the top three along with X2 & First Class.

And the post-credits sequence...stay for it. thumb up

pym-ftw
Okay, why is he still Patrick Stewart then? can you not read?

roughrider
can you not read?

...Are you asking yourself a question?

pym-ftw
I guess you answered it.

IzekForce
I'm really hoping to see Magneto with his Brotherhood in X-men: Apocalypse.

He can have Quicksilver, Toad, and even Sabertooth. Then they can team up with the X-men to defeat Apocalypse.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by IzekForce
I'm really hoping to see Magneto with his Brotherhood in X-men: Apocalypse.

He can have Quicksilver, Toad, and even Sabertooth. Then they can team up with the X-men to defeat Apocalypse.

Sounds good. They could also explore the relationship between Eric and Pietro, and how that changes when they find out about their bloodship. Gambit could start with the brotherhood but end with the X-Men as well.

Not sure where Mystique and Wolverine will fit in now though. But I'm sure they have something interesting planned for them.

IzekForce
Sounds good. They could also explore the relationship between Eric and Pietro, and how that changes when they find out about their bloodship. Gambit could start with the brotherhood but end with the X-Men as well.

Not sure where Mystique and Wolverine will fit in now though. But I'm sure they have something interesting planned for them.

Mystique could be recruiting for Apocalypse. That could also be how Wolverine gets his adamantium in the new timeline. It would be awesome to see Gambit on the brotherhood or even as one of the horsemen. Same for Nightcrawler.

BruceSkywalker
Singer returns, but of course i knew that already..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/316109-bryan-singer-confirmed-to-direct-x-men-apocalypse

let the butthurt commence

Konton
Don't get the Singer hate, he's done very well with the X-Men franchise.
X1 and X2 still hold up in my mind as some of the best super hero movies ever made. I'd put them above Avengers any day.

BruceSkywalker
Let the butthurt, hate commence Tatum has been officially confirmed

http://deadline.com/2014/10/channing-tatum-gambit-marvel-comics-x-men-josh-zetumer-1201268949/

DARTH POWER
Let the butthurt, hate commence Tatum has been officially confirmed

http://deadline.com/2014/10/channing-tatum-gambit-marvel-comics-x-men-josh-zetumer-1201268949/

I'm cool with that.

Golgo13
Tatum is a good actor. No problem here.

krisblaze
yeah I mean, did people not see save the last dance or whatever that shit movie he was in?

Ace acting.

Golgo13
Originally posted by krisblaze
yeah I mean, did people not see save the last dance or whatever that shit movie he was in?

Ace acting.

He wasn't in Save the Last Dance. Tatum is getting great buzz in Foxcatcher, which will be nominated for several awards.

krisblaze
He wasn't in Save the Last Dance. Tatum is getting great buzz in Foxcatcher, which will be nominated for several awards.

I was talking about Step up, which basically was Save the last dance.

Golgo13
And? Tatum has been in some good movies too. Every actor has done something bad, for the exception of Daniel Day Lewis.

krisblaze
And? Tatum has been in some good movies too. Every actor has done something bad, for the exception of Daniel Day Lewis.

No, no he has not.

Golgo13
Yes, yes he has. smile

krisblaze
Yes, yes he has. smile
Name one.

Golgo13
Side Effects and Foxcatcher (Which supposedly he's been getting Oscar buzz). 21 and 22 Jumpstreet is also a good movie as well. He can do both comedy and drama.

WhiteWitchKing
If Tatum bombs his role in Apocalypse, they might just replace him with someone can play Gambit.

JayDaDon
I like tatum but he just wont be able to make me forget its Tatum not Gambit.

krisblaze
Side Effects and Foxcatcher (Which supposedly he's been getting Oscar buzz). 21 and 22 Jumpstreet is also a good movie as well. He can do both comedy and drama.

Have actually watched Foxcatcher or Side Effects?...

Golgo13
What? Yes, I have seen Side Effects. Foxcatcher isn't out yet, but getting great Oscar buzz like Gone Girl and Channing, Steve Carell, & Mark Ruffalo are getting some Oscar buzz right now. Especially Carell for his performance.

Firefly218
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/heres-who-might-be-playing-jean-grey-cyclops-in-x-men-apocalypse

DARTH POWER
They seem to be taking the Jean Grey casting a lot more seriously than Cyclops. Also seems like Cyclops will be a kid whilst Jean Grey approaching 20.

Sorry Cyk, but you'll get no respect in Live Action whilst Fox owns you.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Firefly218
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/heres-who-might-be-playing-jean-grey-cyclops-in-x-men-apocalypse

some petty good choices, I could see chloe moretz in the role

BruceSkywalker
Apoc has been found...

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/oscar-isaac-x-men-apocalypse-casting-1201342774/

Firefly218
Apoc has been found...

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/oscar-isaac-x-men-apocalypse-casting-1201342774/
Great choice

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Firefly218
Great choice

yes he is

-Pr-
They seem to be taking the Jean Grey casting a lot more seriously than Cyclops. Also seems like Cyclops will be a kid whilst Jean Grey approaching 20.

Sorry Cyk, but you'll get no respect in Live Action whilst Fox owns you.

Seems that way.

roughrider
Sophie Turner from Game Of Thrones has won the role of young Jean Grey. thumb up

http://www.people.com/article/x-men-apocalypse-sophie-turner-jean-grey-alexandra-shipp-tye-sheridan

Firefly218
Sophie Turner from Game Of Thrones has won the role of young Jean Grey. thumb up

http://www.people.com/article/x-men-apocalypse-sophie-turner-jean-grey-alexandra-shipp-tye-sheridan
Meh, I'm not sure sansa is right for the role

roughrider
^Well, Sansa from the first few seasons is wimpy and naive, yes. But that's the character, and she's on the verge of developing backbone now. I'm just glad they didn't go with Chloe Grace Moretz; she's done too many of these roles.

Firefly218
^Well, Sansa from the first few seasons is wimpy and naive, yes. But that's the character, and she's on the verge of developing backbone now. I'm just glad they didn't go with Chloe Grace Moretz; she's done too many of these roles.
They should've gone with Saoirse Ronan, Sophie Turner doesn't seem to fit the character. Also, that chick they got to play young Storm sucks bad.

JayDaDon
Who knows, we may be singing a new tune come the next season of Thrones.

Creshosk

Sorry Cyk, but you'll get no respect in Live Action whilst Fox owns you. Wouldn't be the first time these movies have totally botched it on character ages and lining them up.

Look at Emma in first class and Wolverine Origins. In one she's a young adult when Charles is as well, the other she's a teenager when Charles is a fully grown man.

Also of note, apparently Jubilee will be in the movie as well.

Shadow_King
So i assume Wolverine will be one of the horsemen of the apocalypse since mystique got to him and I assume Apocalypse will be the one to give him adamantium...I am also hoping Gambit and Quicksilver will be the other two, I doubt they would bring in angel

BruceSkywalker
http://www.superherohype.com/news/336367-bryan-singer-reveals-angel-concept-art-for-x-men-apocalypse#/slide/1

roughrider
Seeing Olivia Munn in full costume as Psylocke, is making me think this is one of the most perfect castings of all time.droolio

We've come a long way since the first X-Men in 2000. They really feel secure in going for the colours in costume design now.

http://thumbnails105.imagebam.com/42494/40fd58424938212.jpg

JayDaDon
I like her look a lot. And magneto's new suit if certified fresh.

StiltmanFTW
The trailer sucked, but I still hope the movie will be at least as good as DOFP.

Kazenji
What trailer, Has it been officially released?

Darth Luminous
The comic-con trailer leaked.

Jury
The LAST of the Trilogy.

roughrider
Originally posted by Jury
The LAST of the Trilogy.

The last of this prequel trilogy, it would make sense. All future films should be in the present day.

Jury
And with Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Kazenji
Hope they don't kill off Apoc for this movie, Stupid move on Fox's part

StiltmanFTW
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11426653_872293296178744_1144922014_n.jpg

Darth Thor
Apoc does look terrible tbh.

StiltmanFTW
Honestly, I thought it'd be much worse. But yes, we deserve much better than that, obviously.

If MCU Thanos can look like his comic counterpart, there's no reason for FOX Apoc to look like a Power Rangers villain.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Honestly, I thought it'd be much worse.

Don't know why, but I was expecting him to look just like his comic counterpart.

I guess Marvel Studios have kinds spoiled me like that.

Kazenji
I'm gonna wait until the movie is out to judge this movie version more.

Shadow_King
Has anyone seen the trailer that came out last week, looks good

Kazenji
Wonder if people have backflipped over Apoc, Changing their decision.

Darth Thor
Wonder if people have backflipped over Apoc, Changing their decision.

But he looks the same doesn't he?

-Pr-
I still don't like him, but that's me.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But he looks the same doesn't he?

Could be better....but otherwise looks okay.

Shadow_King
If the apocalypse character ends up a huge failure and comes off as a saturday morning villain from power rangers who should shoulder the blame, bryan singer or fox??

CPT Space Bomb
Well, it would suit the character as Apocalypse is a known Jobber.....so, honestly it'd be spot on.

Personally, I just don't like his looks, as well as the looks of many other characters in the movie. Singer just can't stand letting super heroes look like super heroes.

Kazenji
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb

Singer just can't stand letting super heroes look like super heroes.

That and he doesn't even bother to use the comics 100%, Hell he even banned the X-men Comics from the set in the past.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Shadow_King
If the apocalypse character ends up a huge failure and comes off as a saturday morning villain from power rangers who should shoulder the blame, bryan singer or fox??

Singer. Because he needs to leave the franchise. And I'm saying that as someone who really enjoyed DOFP.

Zack M
Singer. Because he needs to leave the franchise. And I'm saying that as someone who really enjoyed DOFP.

Why does he need to leave?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack M

Because then we might finally get a faithful adaptation of X-Men, is why.

Though, as much as I've given Singer grief in the past, it isn't just him. It's his writers too imo.

Shadow_King
Originally posted by -Pr-
Because then we might finally get a faithful adaptation of X-Men, is why.

Though, as much as I've given Singer grief in the past, it isn't just him. It's his writers too imo.

If you never read the comics would you still think his x-men movies were bad or good??

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zack M

Firstly as you know, I'm not a big fan of any 1 Director staying on the same franchise for too long. That's one point where I 100% agree with that tool John Campea.

Second his first 2 X-Men movies didn't get that X-Men were a team, and he was the reason that Trilogy became a Wolverine trilogy instead of an X-Men trilogy.

Third, I do think Singer did a great job with DOFP, but people forget that was all set up by Mathew Vaughn before Singer took over. So I personally feel (after also taking First Class into account) the majority of credit should go to Mathew Vaughn for getting the X-Men movie franchise back on track.

In terms of writers I'm Iffy on Kinberg also. He wrote DOFP (with a lot of Vaughn's input though). But he also wrote X-Men Last Stand, and the new Fantastic Four movie.

So now with Singer and Kinberg doing Apocalypse, I am really worried about it. If they knock it out of the park, then that's great, but I still feel they should leave the franchise while things are good, and pass the torch on to some new people. Instead of sticking around until they royally screw up (again).

If you never read the comics would you still think his x-men movies were bad or good??

I think I still wouldn't appreciate that he made Team movies which were not Team movies and instead all boiled down to 1 hero. But that's just me.

-Pr-

I honestly have no idea.

BruceSkywalker
seeing the superbowl spot makes me all that much more excited to see this

Darth Thor
The thing that's taken all the excitement out of this for me is Apoc's look.

I really hope they surprise us at the end by having him mutate/transform into his comic book look (which isn't difficult and looks so much better than this rubbish). Otherwise I will walk out of this disappointed tbh.

roughrider
The thing that's taken all the excitement out of this for me is Apoc's look.

I really hope they surprise us at the end by having him mutate/transform into his comic book look (which isn't difficult and looks so much better than this rubbish). Otherwise I will walk out of this disappointed tbh.

It's not like he looks perfect in the comics, with that cheesy A on his belt. I'm okay with his look, and I love that he can increase his mass hugely in the movie.

ares834
I'm liking Apoc here as well.

The big problem I see (for me at least) is Jennifer Lawrence. I'm so damn sick of her and it seems she is going to once more have a large role...

Darth Thor
It's not like he looks perfect in the comics, with that cheesy A on his belt. I'm okay with his look, and I love that he can increase his mass hugely in the movie.

Well obviously they should get rid of the "A" on his belt. But the face and costume/armour isn't right. Should have been CGI Imo.

BruceSkywalker

thumb up

StiltmanFTW
I thought they fixed his look quite a bit. Since first trailer at least.

I like A on his belt sad

Darth Thor
I thought they fixed his look quite a bit. Since first trailer at least.

Oh it's definitely improved. Looked outright awful before.

Still ain't Apoc though.

steverules_2
Not until he has a giant A belt sly

StiltmanFTW
Oh it's definitely improved. Looked outright awful before.

Still ain't Apoc though.

You can say that about pretty much every FOX-Men character, to be fair.

Darth Thor
I know, but for some reason when they announced Apocalypse, I was just expecting comic book Apoc.

StiltmanFTW
Should we list all those villains that got messed up over the years by Fox, Sony and even MCU...?

Actually, I was afraid Apoc would be just a boy with telekinesis powers and immortality. I'm relieved.

StiltmanFTW
100% comicbook Apoc on the big screen would've been awesome, but only Disney could get it right, with TONS of good CGI and luck.

Insane Titan
100% comicbook Apoc on the big screen would've been awesome, but only Disney could get it right, with TONS of good CGI and luck. and a very good voice actor too

Kazenji
Its singer who doesn't give shit about actually reading the comics, Just flips through a book and moves on.

SamZED
Not sure I'll go. Been slowly losing interest since the first class. The amount of inconsistencies in these movies. If you're going to replace 90% of the original cast just reboot the whole thing already instead of keeping this messed up continuity. Time travel retcon has never been a good plot. Also the last three movies were centered around Mystique which i'd be fine with if she had some sort of connection to the comicbook character. But its like they've created a completely new character that happens to have a similar name and powers to a certain comicbook character. If I had to make a comparison with another franchise it feels like watching a 2 hour long Star Ward Christmas Special to me. Same universe but completely different characters I can't get myself to care about.

StiltmanFTW
Valid reasons to dislike those movies, sure...

... but your credibility died when you admitted you liked TASM 2.

SamZED
Valid reasons to dislike those movies, sure...

... but your credibility died when you admitted you liked TASM 2. It's the excitement of seeing Spider-man portrayed accurately. I still say that this is the best Spider-man portrayal on the big screen to this today. It just wasn't a very good movie for an average (non-Spider fan) viewer. On the other hand X-men movies might as well be a fanfic at this point.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
It's the excitement of seeing Spider-man portrayed accurately.

erm

So Parker uses his super-science to create an automatic lock in his room so he can masturbate to some photos of an average blond girl from his class?

I still say that this is the best Spider-man portrayal on the big screen to this today. It just wasn't a very good movie for an average (non-Spider fan) viewer. On the other hand X-men movies might as well be a fanfic at this point.

Continuity gets messed with all the time, in comics themselves, too. DOFP was a fantastic movie, guess you're just not a fan of Xavier/Mags bromance/conflict. There are entire megathreads about them - more than 50 years of comics. Very interesting read, I may link you later.

Kazenji
The way i see the movies is that they're another universe

like with the comics you have the 616, Ultimate universe (Which now is with the 616) and all the various other ones.

SamZED
erm

So Parker uses his super-science to create an automatic lock in his room so he can masturbate to some photos of an average blond girl from his class? No, that would be an accurate portrayal of any male teenager's life. I'm talking about heroics mixed with humor. Character in general like that scene with a kid who was bullied in an alley etc.

Actually Magneto/Xavier bromance is the part I like about the movies. It's all the other stuff. Like how the fck did X-men became a story about a love triangle (square?) between Magneto/Charles/Mystique/Beast. Also when they started Xavier was a wrinkly old man in a wheel chair, while Jean, Storm etc. we're in their late 20s early 30s. Now they are all roughly the same age. Because screw it, time travel. Just dress them all up in jumpsuits and helmets and call the movie "power ranges". These movies have about as much incommon with them as they do with the X-men comics.

roughrider

Actually Magneto/Xavier bromance is the part I like about the movies. It's all the other stuff. Like how the fck did X-men became a story about a love triangle (square?) between Magneto/Charles/Mystique/Beast. Also when they started Xavier was a wrinkly old man in a wheel chair, while Jean, Storm etc. we're in their late 20s early 30s. Now they are all roughly the same age. Because screw it, time travel. Just dress them all up in jumpsuits and helmets and call the movie "power ranges". These movies have about as much incommon with them as they do with the X-men comics.

What? They are not all the same age. The new Jean, Scott and Storm all look to be in their late teens in this, while Xavier has entered his early 40's (And both he and Alex Summers are rocking that early 80's Duran Duran hair, as this is set in 1983, right?) Mystique ages at a much slower rate due to her powers.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>