The Battlezone! Round 1 Match 5: Satele Shan vs. Galen Marek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, I'm continuing the Battlezone, starting with this. I've decided to stop doing bios because **** it and we all know the characters.

Satele Shan

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121119194220/starwars/images/b/b8/SateleShanLightsaber-Hope.png

Galen Marek

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110904022716/fanon/images/7/75/Galen_Marek_FFA.jpg

Terrain

http://relivearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/forest.jpg

Nephthys
Satele Shan + trees = win.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Galen + any movable object = win

Emperordmb
I'm going with Satele. Marek can probably press her at first, but his lackluster telekinetic defense would have him ****ed after she absorbs energy with tutaminus.

Fated Xtasy
Im going with Marek, his TK abilities are superior to hers(taking down an entire Star Destroyer with the force>a Mountain Top on malgus, his lightsaber skill are not superior to Shan, but we know a lot of Marek's opponents were well known Jedi so in my opinion, Shaak Ti and Vader> Darth Malgus, Marek's mastery of tutaminis also blows shan out of the water, so, Withstanding the emperor's Lightning with tutaminus> withstanding Malgus' lightsaber with tutaminus.
This not at all a stomp by Marek, it's a very close battle considering both are somewhat on each other's levels and are formidable lightsaber duelist, but Galen Marek impresses me a little more than Shan, so Galen takes the win with high difficulty imo.

DarthAnt66
He didn't take down a Star Destroyer, lol. He moved it ever so slightly, and gravity did the rest.

Nephthys
True. Even moving it is a great feat though. The novel mentions that the hull was bucking under the force too.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
He didn't take down a Star Destroyer, lol. He moved it ever so slightly, and gravity did the rest.

Two things, number 1. If by 'ever so slightly' you mean he forced it to face his direction, then yes he did move it 'ever so slightly'
number 2. Wasn't the ship resisting his pull, wasn't that why it took a while to bring it down.

carthage
Satele with mid-high difficulty. Marek had problems with Ti, and only beat her because she committed suicide lol. Satele would have problems with him for a minute, but her TK seems better suited for force sensitives than Starkiller disintegration storm troopers. Satele takes this.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
True. Even moving it is a great feat though. The novel mentions that the hull was bucking under the force too.
Nihilus would laugh at him.

Fated Xtasy
Nihilus would laugh at him. pulling down a ship that's resisting you is more impressive than pull down a battered ship imo, not hating on Nihilus, just stating my opinion.

DarthAnt66
Lol. You mean pulling up a fleet into space that is being resisted from the most intense gravity vertex ever created in the mythos? The gravity was so intense it killed all life on planet, and nearby in space, yet Nihilus pulled up the ships. This feat is not even comparable to Marek's. Secondly, how was the ship resisting his fall? It was coming down anyway, all he did was tug on it. Gravity was actually in his favor.

Nephthys
Nihilus would laugh at him.

Well a Star Destroyer is like twice the size of the Ravager....

But yeah, Nihilus >>>

Fated Xtasy
Lol. You mean pulling up a fleet into space that is being resisted from the most intense god damn gravity vertex ever created in the mythos? The gravity was so intense it killed all life on planet, and nearby in space, yet Nihilus pulled up the ships. This feat is not even comparable to Marek's. Secondly, how was the ship resisting his fall? It was coming down anyway, all he did was tug on it. Gravity was actually in his favor.
yeah, I forgot about Malachor's intense gravity sorry, and was it coming down? I haven't played the game or read the novel since they first came out.

Tzeentch
Am I the only one who thinks Satele Shan looks kind of... weird?

Dunno. Something about her face is off-putting.

NTJack0
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Am I the only one who thinks Satele Shan looks kind of... weird?

Dunno. Something about her face is off-putting. That was my first thought when I saw the trailer, can't place it though.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well a Star Destroyer is like twice the size of the Ravager....

But yeah, Nihilus >>>
No, a Star Destroyer is 1,600 meters while the Ravager is 1,200.

"It was aiming for him.

"Juno can't fly the ship at the moment," said Kota firmly, "and neither can PROXY. We have to find another solution." "What's wrong with Juno?"

"Concentrate on what's important, boy. That Star Destroyer is coming down fast. You'll never get clear in time. You need to pull it into the cannon."

The apprentice was temporarily lost for words when he realized what Kota was suggesting.

Kota wanted him to move the Star Destroyer using nothing but the Force.

"You're insane," he gasped. "It's massive!" "What is mass?" Kota said. "It's all in your mind, boy. You're a Jedi! Size means nothing to you!"

Kota's voice had changed. The surly, drunken slur was completely absent; in its place was the durasteel bark of the seasoned combat veteran the apprentice had first met.

"Can you hear me, boy? Reach out and grab that ship, or you'll die on this trash heap!"

The Star Destroyer was growing visibly larger and hung like a burning, triangular moon low in the sky of Raxus Prime.

You're a Jedi! Size means nothing to you!

He wasn't a Jedi but the message was the same. The Force didn't recognize big or small, heavy or light, hard or easy. The living flows of the galaxy encompassed all scales, from the very small to the extremely large. The Star Destroyer was part of it, and so was he. The Force bound them as surely as gravity. He could make its invisible muscles flex, if he dared.

Had his Master ever done anything like this} Had the Emperor? Had any Sith or Jedi in the history of the galaxy?

He doubted anyone would ever know about his success or failure in the next few minutes. "Be quick about it, boy!"

Fast or slow were also irrelevant to the Force, but the apprentice took Kota's point. The sooner he started, the sooner it would be done.

Deactivating his lightsaber and attaching the hilt to his belt, he adopted the opening stance of the Soresu form, with his right arm and fingers outstretched, pointing at the Star Destroyer. His empty left hand he tucked in next to his heart. With his legs braced firmly in the trash, he reached as deep as he had ever reached into the Force, and then went farther still, feeling as though a mighty chasm had opened up under him and his mind and will plunged down into it. The chasm filled. His mind opened. The physical existence of the Star Destroyer slid painlessly inside.

Nearly sixteen hundred meters long and capable of carrying a crew in excess of thirty-seven thousand, the ship was a familiar design. Its engines and armament weren't fully installed, but its Class One hyperdrive would have taken it anywhere in the Empire at speed, there to deploy walkers, fighters, barges, and shuttle Armed with a host of turbolaser and ion cannons, plus no less than ten tractor beams, it could have blockaded an entire system on its own. The reinforced durasteel hull was solid enough to rip a gouge in Raxus Prime that might take centuries to fill. Scavenger droids would have a field day when it came down. Wherever it went down . . .

There is no wherever, he told himself. There is only where I tell it to.

Focus.

The tip of his right index finger and the Star Destroyer became as one in his mind. Every nut and bolt and plate and wire of the massive machine was contained within that tiny space. It wasn't hard to move an arm, a finger, a single human cell. He could direct one barely without thinking, so why not the other, too? Instinct was clearer on that point than the workings of his mind. Ignoring perspective, the two were about the same size in his field of vision.

Except the Star Destroyer was growing larger with each passing second, and waves of TIE fighters and TIE bombers were pouring forth from its brand-new hangar decks. Laserfire cut huge super-hot channels through the atmosphere ahead of them.

The apprentice ignored it all. While the illusion held, he moved his hand a very slight distance to his right. The sensation of containing a vast, million-ton machine in the tip of one finger was deeply disorienting. He felt as though every muscle fiber, nerve, and bone groaned along with the metal seams and joints of the ship. What it felt, he felt, too, and even a small acceleration had a profound effect on such a large scale. It resisted with all the momentum it possessed. Hatches swang open; rivets popped; bulk heads twisted; pipes burst.

The Star Destroyer didn't appear to have moved much in the sky. It was still coming in low on the horizon, aiming to pass over him and strafe him from above. He shifted his hand a second time, but instead of changing its course he mistakenly gave it a slight tumble. He needed to apply the Force the right way for this to work, taking the growing forces of friction and the shifting of its center of gravity into account. A spinning Star Destroyer would do more damage than one burying itself nose-first into the cannon and its superstructure. Damage was good, when it came to destroying the Emperor's handiwork, but too much damage could destroy him and perhaps the Rogue Shadow as well under a deadly rain of molten shrapnel.

Bring it down in one piece, he told himself. Bring it down hard.

The ship growled and squealed in metal torment. He was getting the hang of it; he could see how its course was slowly shifting. As wide across as his outstretched hand now, it was hitting the atmosphere at a steeper angle than he had intended, burning bright red and already gouting a trail of black smoke and sparkling debris. He became aware of a sound communicated through his feet: a rumbling much deeper and more sustained than the pounding of the cannon, which had fallen silent after the firing of the third projectile. The Star Destroyer's incomplete frame was acting like a giant tube, and the atmosphere was resonating inside. His whole body sang with it.

More. The Star Destroyer was really picking up speed now. The thickening atmosphere had a slight braking effect, but nothing could prevent the inevitable. It was going to hit soon. A wild exodus of droids ran past him, fleeing the crash site. The TIE fighters it had launched raced ahead of the chaotic atmospheric waves it generated. He ignored them and concentrated on shifting ground zero as close to the cannon as he could.

Sparks danced in front of his eyes. The edges of his vision faded to black. Light and dark swirls spun around him, wraithlike. He felt momentarily faint and wondered if it was possible to dissolve into the Force. He was a speck caught in the updraft over a forest fire-yet somehow he had the audacity to try to command the fire to do his will.

Who did he think he was?

A sudden panic almost made him lose control. The Star Destroyer, now a burning, shrieking meteor, filled his entire forward vision. The hull was peeling away in fiery, golden strips, each one weighing hundreds of tons, exposing the darker skeleton beneath. It looked like a death's-head, a ghastly mask not dissimilar to hi Master's, but one molten like lava. This could well be the end of everything, he thought distantly. Of him, of his plans, of his feelings for Juno, and of the boy called Galen who had lost a father a long time ago and whose grief had already been effectively erased

But his name had survived, and names had power. The apprentice clutched at it with desperation, needing to regain control of the Star Destroyer lest it tear itself apart and disperse the impact. He needed to find his focus again, to ignore the feeling of dissolution eating at the edges of his self, and to tip the balance of power back toward him.

Galen had stood up to Darth Vader as little more than a child Galen had wrested the lightsaber from a Dark Lord of the Sith and stood bravely in the face of death. Galen may have been ground down by years of training and darkness since, but was he truly gone-or had he just gone into hiding until the opportunity came to emerge back into the light?

Are you there, Galen? I need your help!

No answer came.

The Star Destroyer's catastrophic reentry made the world shake. There was no time to try again. For Juno, then.

He gritted his teeth and snarled at the sky. The dead weight ol the Star Destroyer shifted one last time, changing its angle of de scent just enough to hang together those last few hundred meters, but not enough to risk bouncing. Only seconds remained before it hit and it was still getting bigger. It was impossible that the sky could contain so much metal!

Abandoning his control over the ship, knowing there was nothing now that he could do to alter its course, the apprentice staggered backward, dazed. The Force fled from him, leaving him wrung out and drained. With a sound like the world ending, the Star Destroyer completed its first and final journey. It hit the cannon, exactly as it was supposed to, and the sky turned white. The ground buckled beneath the apprentice's feet. He pinwheeled, unable to find his balance, as a tsunami of junk and waste rose up ahead of him and blotted out the sun."

Q99
I go with Shan. He doesn't know her style, she's almost certainly a better duelist, and while he's powerful, any gap isn't big enough to flat-out overpower her. So she'll win on skill.

ares834
Marek takes this. Far better displays of raw power etc...

No, a Star Destroyer is 1,600 meters while the Ravager is 1,200.

So like twice the size... no expression

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
his lightsaber skill are not superior to Shan, but we know a lot of Marek's opponents were well known Jedi so in my opinion, Shaak Ti and Vader> Darth Malgus

I think Malgus was above pre ANH Vader, and was certainly above the likes of Shaak Ti.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Marek's mastery of tutaminis also blows shan out of the water, so, Withstanding the emperor's Lightning with tutaminus> withstanding Malgus' lightsaber with tutaminus
Marek didn't exactly "withstand" Sidious's lightning.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
Marek takes this. Far better displays of raw power etc...

So like twice the size... no expression
No, it's only 1.34 times bigger.

Based
Satele got this.

ares834
No, it's only 1.34 times bigger.

Nope. It's about 34% longer.

DarthAnt66
Which isn't 2 times.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Longer and Bigger are 2 different things bro.

DarthAnt66
I know, it was a typo.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So in regards to the Wrath vs. Dooku thread, (since i dont feel like necro'ing it,) i've decided to advance dooku into the next round.

Anyways, for this battle, expect an analysis on my part within the next few days.

DarthAnt66
How about the Thanaton one?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I already placed the verdict on that one. Thanaton's advancing.

DarthAnt66
Link.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=594102&pagenumber=12#post14688435

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Thanaton's advancing.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-R1ZlzoDViYM/UVgh86Z5iYI/AAAAAAAALKo/9XwSw2gMqng/s1600/i-quit.gif
This is the damn worst choice that has ever happened since Lucas deciding to create Jar-Jar. Majority of the vote went to Wyyrlok, it was honestly only yourself and LeGenD who was in favor for Thanaton. There is no reason at all for him to continue in this tournament. This is not a dictatorship.
/tournament (until Revan or Malak show up)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I actually chose quantity over quality in dooku vs wrath (the only person who actually argued in dooku's favor was Stark), and the arguments presented in the thanaton vs. wyyrlok thread (except Q99's, and Stark's arguments came after the match was already decided) were fairly shitty.

DarthAnt66
"after the match was already decided"
You mean after you wanted to close the thread because it was in favor of Thanaton, and you wanted to keep it that way? The next round has not yet started, you can easily look at there arguments still. Then again, you plan to make this a dictatorship. Might as well put Porkins in this tournament, and if you like him, I guess he beats Palpatine and is the winner.

A Terrible Rod
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Wyyrlok or Thanaton, neither were ever making it to the end. It's not like a potentially poor decision has resulted in someone of note losing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The BattleZone goes match by match, not round by round. Unless you feel like juggling around with 32 different threads. And I decided the winner of that battle a day after no one bothered to post. And your pathetic dictatorship accusations and consistent bitchiness don't help your argument's merit. And, as inattentive as you are, you must've missed the part where I said that dooku proceeds to the next round, despite myself vouching for the wrath.

DarthAnt66
@A Terrible Rod If you are simply looking at who is going to make it in the end, might as well just put Luke prime and Sidious as a versus battle, and call it a day. The point is to see how characters rise and fall throughout various battles, and where characters like Wyyrlok are not even given a chance because of awful decisions.

DarthAnt66
No, you just made that up now. We won't see either until the next round, so for them it goes round by round. You have tons of matches to go before we seem them again.

What arguments? You mean the arguments you chose to ignore because you wanted to?

Spoken like a true politician.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No, you just made that up now. We won't see either until the next round, so for them it goes round by round. You have tons of matches to go before we seem them again.

Really? I made that up just now? ok thumb up

What arguments? You mean the arguments you chose to ignore because you wanted to?

lol. Neph and I responded to all of your arguments.

Spoken like a true politician.

Yup. i'm a corrupt politician rigging the tournament. roll eyes (sarcastic)
What would I have to gain?

DarthAnt66
Yep.

I was referring to Q99 and Stark.

The satisfaction of your savior Thanasson winning.

A Terrible Rod
The point is to see how characters rise and fall throughout various battles, and where characters like Wyyrlok are not even given a chance because of awful decisions.Just tryin' to look on the bright side. Thanaton can rot for all I care.

Besides, we're dealing with TOR characters here. Bigger is better seems to be the prevailing approach to writing them. (I think Satele is okay, though.)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Would you like me to make the last 27 matches right now then?

2. Neph and I didn't ignore those either

3. Yes, because I just love Thanaton. thumb up

yeah, no. Most hated dark councillor sans ravage in my books.

DarthAnt66
1. Sure.

2. There were posts u have yet to respond too.

3. Yep.

I swear, if Revan comes, and you kick him off, because I know you will, I will personally make it my week's goal to destroy you in every way possible, because that is the kind of guy I am. Call me the new Pierce Hawthorne.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
2. You mean the very last one stark posted?

No, quite honestly I rate Revan as highly as you do. But I'll just pit him against yoda, kill him off, and stay off the internet for a month.

DarthAnt66
1. I'm waiting.

2. idk

You put him Anakin level, a tad below Tython, yet a tad above Dooku?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. I'm not actually going to do that.

yup, just about. though perhaps slightly above anakin due to his superior mastery? That one is particularly close.

DarthAnt66
1. Damn.

Okay, I like you again. thumb up
http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/Emotions/Friendship/friendship-31a.jpg

Though moving Thanaton is still bull.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. smile

Yeah actually I do place Revan above anakin now that i've been thinking on it

meh. I'll probably be hated no matter who i choose to advance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.