Alien invasion force vs Pacific Rim Kaiju

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
The aliens from Independence Day, Spielberg's War of the Worlds, Battle Los Angeles, Mars Attacks, Predator, Battleship, and Skyline have made a joint alliance to invade Earth. However, during the invasion, the aliens from Pacific Rim send 1,000,000,000 Class 1 kaiju to overtake Earth for themselves. The two forces battle for control over the planet. Provided they get past the first wave, the PR aliens will keep sending waves of double amount and higher class.

Bloodlusted no PIS/CIS
Who takes this?

K-Dog
A billion of those big things eh? Sheesh, that would alter the planet's gravity. The ID4 ships could hover above and blast until the Kaiju were gone couldn't they? I don't see the Kaiju being able to use energy blasts to go high enough to hit those ships. And that's not to mention the shields.
Edit: We only saw class 4 Kaiju. We don't know how high they go do we? 2 billion class 4 would take forever to kill off.
Actually, if an ID4 ship were able to sit over the entrance of the Kaiju with it's big blaster going, it could wipe them out as they came couldn't it?

Tattoos N Scars
Aliens or stalemate. Kaiju have no way of disabling ID4 shields to knock them out of sky. Who knows, Tripods may can vaporize them with those rays, lile they did humans.

Tzeentch
If each of the ID4 ships also have their fleet of fighters, they could solo.

Tattoos N Scars
The creators of the kaiju would have to design creatures capable of combat against advanced alien technology. The kaiju shown in the film are not good enough. You,'d need kaiju on par with godzilla, ghidorah, destroyah, etc..

Q99
Mainly, you'd need *fliers*. A buncha Otachis could do well, but most will just be stuck on the ground.

Onibaba, the crab in the flashback, was a cat 2, and there was cat 1s in the opening.

This video has Hardship, the second Kaiju fought by a Jaeger, about a minute in.

Kazenji
Mars Attacks force goes down quickly since they ****en gimped them for the movie.

Q99
Isn't this, effectively, mostly ID4 and Skyline in the fight? Most of the others seemed relatively weak.

Kazenji
War of the worlds might also be worthy with their heat rays.

Q99
I haven't seen that version of WotW, only clips, but I didn't get the impression that their heat rays were that strong.

The San Francisco Kaiju took days and days of bombardment (and according to the comic and screenwriter, nukes were used for the finisher). So if the heat rays just kill tanks by burning the crew and lighting them on fire and not obliterating them outright with plenty of overkill they aren't going to be very effective even on the smallest kaiju. Major, major power is needed to do the job, especially as they will be *outnumbered* by Kaiju.

(Many anti-Kaiju weapons were heat based, but purely because it reduced toxic blood spill, heat alone doesn't make 'em effective, you need a lot of power too).

Lestov16
Will Otachi's flight and EMP give an advantage? I'm pretty sure it's acid could melt Tripods and ID4 "fighter jets".

Q99
Originally posted by Lestov16
Will Otachi's flight and EMP give an advantage? I'm pretty sure it's acid could melt Tripods and ID4 "fighter jets".

Oh yes, definitely. Leatherback's EMP should kill many of the enemies, and Otachi's flight flight allows it to attack more targets than grounded Kaiju.

If things get to Cat 4s the invaders are screwed.

ares834
ID4 Aliens solo.

Q99
Yea, their fighters aren't much, but the anti-city beams...

Unless Kaiju EMP can knock down shields, they're kinda screwed.

playa1258
WOTW aliens were very powerful possessing shields and firepower enough to wreck bridges with ease. they could do some damage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.