Galen Marek vs. Darth Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

UltimateAnomaly
Krayt.

Emperordmb
Krayt

PTforthewin
Depends, if clone wars krayt then marek wins if it legacy krayt then Galen still wins

Emperordmb
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Depends, if clone wars krayt then marek wins if it legacy krayt then Galen still wins
The name Krayt means that it's him as a Sith Lord, ie Legacy.

I don't quite see how Marek takes Krayt.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
The name Krayt means that it's him as a Sith Lord, ie Legacy.

I don't quite see how Marek takes Krayt. throws a star destroyer on his head

Emperordmb
throws a star destroyer on his head
You act like that's just something he could do on the fly, however it required intense concentration, focus, time, and energy, things he won't have to spare in a fight with Krayt.

Is there anything else, or is that your only argument.

carthage
Doubt it.
Krayt's too fast and too strong for him imo, also the skill level between the two is MASSIVE.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
You act like that's just something he could do on the fly, however it required intense concentration, focus, time, and energy, things he won't have to spare in a fight with Krayt.

Is there anything else, or is that your only argument. superior force powers the only thing krayt has is experience and some sith holocrons

carthage
He's overwhelmed the senses of four trained knights simultaneously, withstood lightning, easily bested a possessed knight, defeated Wyyrlok, and punched holes through Abeloth.

He's got more going for him than Galen, I have a hard time imagining he could even keep up with Krayt's movements.

Emperordmb
superior force powers the only thing krayt has is experience and some sith holocrons
Krayt is also the superior duelist and is physically superior.

As long as we are on the subject of force powers...

Their lightning is actually quite comparable, with both being able to kill with it.

While the raw magnitude of Marek's telekinetic displays is perhaps greater, Krayt has more success against opposing force wielders, successfully penetrating their force shields, which I have not seen Marek do very often. Marek also has a fairly lackluster telekinetic defense.

Krayt also has a power Marek lacks, Dark Transfer, granting Krayt an amazing healing power and allowing him to **** up Marek if he touches him.

Q99
The only reason Marek was able to fight well with Vader was personal knowledge of his style. He isn't on this level without that kind of advantage.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
The only reason Marek was able to fight well with Vader was personal knowledge of his style. He isn't on this level without that kind of advantage.
And the fact that Vader was significantly far away from his peak at this point.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Q99

Vader had held back a lot of his ability before their fight. Meanwhile Vader likely knew Galen's style better than Galen knew his.

Seriously, Galens skill was said to be nearly perfect, hes a Juyo master and he's got some great feats. He's at least Maul level.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vader had held back a lot of his ability before their fight. Meanwhile Vader likely knew Galen's style better than Galen knew his.

Yes on the former, but Galen'd been in a number of fights since then, got some jedi learnin', and was at a phase where he was developing rapidly. So I'd think his style likely shifted significantly since the last time they'd met.

The novel indicated Shaak Ti was at least his level in sabers, though, iirc.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Q99
Yes on the former, but Galen'd been in a number of fights since then, got some jedi learnin', and was at a phase where he was developing rapidly. So I'd think his style likely shifted significantly since the last time they'd met.

The novel indicated Shaak Ti was at least his level in sabers, though, iirc.

I wouldn't be so sure. He undoubtedly improved in skill, but I do doubt he changed his style to any great extent. He had no access to further lightsaber techniques during that time to my knowledge.

Shaak Ti would give Maul a good fight in pure sabers as of CW and this is her nearly 20 years improved unleashed version. Shes Maul level too. And as you said, Galen improved after her fight, up to when he beat Vader.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
I wouldn't be so sure. He undoubtedly improved in skill, but I do doubt he changed his style to any great extent. He had no access to further lightsaber techniques during that time to my knowledge.

Still, the fights against Kota and Shaak likely pushed his style in different directions. Learners change when they get experience.

Good argument, conceeded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.