Anakin Skywalker vs. Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Convolution
Sabers
Force
All-out

So, Anakin and Mace have finally been pushed to the brink of their tolerance for one another. Assuming Anakin doesn't immediately cut his hand off before he can kill Sidious, Mace and Anakin instead let it break out into a fight in the Chancellor's Office and possibly the outside environment portrayed by the ROTS video game.

My friend and I were debating who would win in an ultimate battle to the death. I suggested that the result would be the same way their fight played out in the ROTS video game.

And then we had an argument. After the debate, I came up with a reason for why I think Anakin would win.

Windu's best ability is Vaapad. It draws upon another's hate and darkness for strength, but that doesn't mean that it can use those traits the exact same way the opposing individual can--well, at least Anakin, for example.

Anakin can only win if he finds the center between the light and dark. Relying on the Light side of the Force, he is too restricted. If he delves too much into the darkness, he is doomed to be undone by his own hot rage--such is the reason he was defeated by Obi-Wan in ROTS. But in the middle, he can rely on a different kind of rage--cold, contemplative, using it to strengthen resolve and ripple at just the right moment. At the same time, he's still holding to his beliefs and he's betraying no emotion, nor any will to hold back when necessary. He can't be too good or too evil--he can only win by being human.

Mace can draw upon his dark energies for strength, but he cannot harness it the same way. Just as well, he manages to enjoy the fight when using Vaapad. This leaves open the possibility of becoming overly cocky and unsuspecting of what Anakin can unleash.

As time passes by, I think Windu would be fighting a pointless battle because though powerful he is, he cannot focus Anakin's energies the same way Anakin himself can. He would grow exhausted and weary to a considerable degree at some point while Anakin's rage still remained ready inside--it gives him a willpower that Mace just might not have.

In the end, I believe Anakin would win. Your thoughts?

Fated Xtasy
Mace Windu takes this, I mean the only reason Anakin killed Mace was because he had the element of surprise on his side, In a duel mace wins, not only is he a master of ALL seven forms he also has his own style Vaapad, is considered second only to Yoda, was the only jedi that survived palpatine's ferocious Juyo. honestly Anakin's annoying cocky/arrogant trait will be the end of him, Master Windu is a cautious Jedi, he wouldn't let arrogance overcome him, especially when he knows what is at stake. in the end Mace's cautiousness and ferocity with a saber will gain him victory over Anakin. that my opinion anyway

DarthAnt66
Mace says himself Anakin is his superior, not even mentioning Anakin's greater dueling and telekinesis feats. The bottom line is: Anakin can defeat Dooku; Mace cannot.

Nephthys
Lawl.

Convolution
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Mace Windu takes this, I mean the only reason Anakin killed Mace was because he had the element of surprise on his side, In a duel mace wins, not only is he a master of ALL seven forms he also has his own style Vaapad, is considered second only to Yoda, was the only jedi that survived palpatine's ferocious Juyo. honestly Anakin's annoying cocky/arrogant trait will be the end of him, Master Windu is a cautious Jedi, he wouldn't let arrogance overcome him, especially when he knows what is at stake. in the end Mace's cautiousness and ferocity with a saber will gain him victory over Anakin. that my opinion anyway

I would also like to say we're talking about TCW Anakin's persona--the more mature version. Besides, my description of how he uses his rage should've cleared that up.

As for Mace, he thinks he is wholly committed to the Jedi ways. However, he has cut off so many natural feelings that it oftentimes results with indifferent disappointment and mild lack of satisfaction just over a talk with Palpatine. You might say he has little to no tolerance for certain things but his Jedi Code restrains him--which he seems to over-emphasize on occasion to the point of possibly doing or feeling something unwittingly that it wouldn't encourage.

One might say he has a bare hint, if not any morale to go on--hence the reason why he draws upon another's darkness and emotions for strength. But there's still the rub, where he can't harness such energies the same way as Anakin or possibly another can, and why hot rage would be his undoing.

Anakin, on the other hand, simply can't function without feelings. It's all over his makeup, but I'd say he uses them maturely--and I'm talking about his TCW persona and disregarding his more Lord Vader side from RotS. And he uses them right, in the classified cold rage that I mentioned before.

NewGuy01
Anakin is the more powerful, but he draws much of his strength from his fury, which could serve as a fuel for Vaapad.

Not to mention thatmAnakin isn't necessarily as skilled as Mace, despite being mire powerful. He stands a strong chance if Vaapad closes the descripqncy in power.

DARTH POWER
Mace takes the majority. Just like Dooku does.

red8
Sorry, but we are talking about Anakin here. None of that is going to happen.

Mace wins.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Anakin is the more powerful, but he draws much of his strength from his fury, which could serve as a fuel for Vaapad.

Not to mention thatmAnakin isn't necessarily as skilled as Mace, despite being mire powerful. He stands a strong chance if Vaapad closes the descripqncy in power. More raw power perhaps. Mace's Force mastery and powers would likely be more advanced as well as his bladework.

Mace takes all 3 with considerable difficulty.

DARTH POWER
The Saber fight is where Anakin will be the biggest threat. But Mace should still take it.

Convolution
Are you guys really saying that Zoneakin, the ****ing Chosen One, would lose to a powerful, however exhaustible middle-aged Jedi?

I think I'm going a little crazy here.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Convolution
Are you guys really saying that Zoneakin, the ****ing Chosen One, would lose to a powerful, however exhaustible middle-aged Jedi?

I think I'm going a little crazy here.

Calm yourself my boy! Mace windu is superior to Anakin in terms of battle, Experience and overall mastery, the simple fact of the master is, Anakin is not able to 'channel' his emotions much less control them, in fact his emotions(which you are calling his power) are what lead to his downfall on Mustafar, in a fair duel with no bullshit surprises, no "DEW IT" moments, Mace has the upper hand look at his feats on dantooine(destroying a great number of droids, force wave, his martial arts) he is a powerful Jedi master(also if you take LoE into account he duels grevious I think?) he can use dark-sided powers like Force crush and as stated in my original post he is a MASTER of all forms secondly only to Yoda, in a straight up duel Anakin would be defeated by Mace.

Lord Lucien
Remember that non-canon fight in the RotS video-game between Anakin and Mace? It'll be exactly like that except Mace wins.

WildBantha88
Windu gives Anakin one royal ass woopin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.