Jedi Hunt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Will the Jedi Hunt be a Significant part of EPIII?

Julie
THough I voted yes....I am currently just wishfully thinking

Ushgarak
Hard to call... but previous GL statements over time, and the estimations of the timelines given in things like the Insider's Guide, make me think no.

Member.
sidious takes over republic near the beginning and teh rest is jedi feeing for their lives.

master harmax
I would like it to be a significant part of ep.2, but I know it wont be ....
George Lucas, for the prequels, likes to write really interesting stories, with interesting characters and subplots, and then in the movies, for some reason, likes to ignore or focus the least on, the most interesting characters and subplots ... which is why the prequel movies are weaker than the originals, inspite of the fact that the effects, graphics and sound etc.etc. with cutting edge ILM technology make them visual and aural treats. I feel they should have constructed the whole movement of the story such that Anakin should by now have already been showing MUCH more darkness by the end of Ep.2 - not remaining the essentially good guy he still is : so that his complete turning to the darkside should already happen before the middle of ep.3 - leaving ample time to focus on the jedi purge - showing Vader in encounters with say Dooku and Windu for starters - for a possible battle between Sidious and Yoda.

All these things are gonna get left out, and they are the most interesting part of the whole story -

Upto now they havent even shown Anakin to be a uniquely gifted pilot, the best in the galaxy - for that matter Anakin didnt even come off as anything particularly special inspite of the fact that he's the chosen one ... just as a precocious young jedi with a bad attitude problem - and Anakin is much more than that.

I'm telling u guys : the makers of the PT and that means basically Lucas really needs to focus on issues of story and character development much more for the final Star Wars movie ever.

finti
i think wont be

Dexx
i think it will...gl can make up a good deal of the movie on this jedi being hunted atmosphere.

Tevesh
well...GL did think out the entire story line back in the 70s or so, but left out the detail until he started on the new trilogy. i think we will either get caught in the middle of it, or it will start in ep3. either way, it'll be hella cool

PS. the entire star wars saga is the focus on the life of anakin. sure in the old trilogy, it focused more on luke, han and leia, but it still had much to do with vader/anakin. give it time, anakin will turn evil and bioncial in ep3

GordonSkywalker
I agree with master harmax about the way the stories are being realised in the new films.

yerssot
I'm afraid it is not

Member.
hm...

GordonSkywalker
That is my point gentlemen. So far we have seen very little of the background information revealed in the original films. Episode 3 is the last chance for Lucas to tell a story that better resembles the feel and atmosphere of the original trilogy. I think he has failed to do this with the first two prequel entries.

Julie
who knows. ... for sure, but I do stand by that it'll mostly be a EU thing.....could work for the movie I suppose

cookies2006
either way it will still be a great movie.

GordonSkywalker
Oh yes absolutely. I do not believe however that the so-called 'jedi purge' will be shown in great detail in the next film.

master harmax
Welcome back Yerrss ... how was your trip to the andromeda galaxy ?

:-)

yerssot
quite confusing, my hyperdrive got fried, took me some time to get back

cookies2006
what is at this galaxy place your talking about.

yerssot
lots of evil people there

master harmax
They are the ones that broke your printer huh ?

yerssot
amongst other things yes sad

GordonSkywalker
Thankfully you made it back and were not another victim of..the jedi purge! Oh and Cookies they are sharing a private joke of sorts!

Mujaffa
i really hope so....that would be really cool!

GordonSkywalker
So how do you think the Purge will begin? How will Palpatine convince the clone trropers to go up against the jedi Knights?

Mujaffa
they'll follow vader...hehe..G.S go to msn now!

Tevesh
i think there will be some sort of huge disaster towards the end of the clone wars that of course palpatine had known and probably instigated as well. he'll blame the jedi knights, and that's when the hunt begins.

this is pretty logical as it is happening in the world today. PM me if your curious as to what i'm talking about

GordonSkywalker
Sorry boys I had to go to town and I just got back to this conversation. What did I miss? Oh yes the purge of the Jedi. I think Palpatine will somehow get the clone troops to turn against the Jedi(except for Anakin who will be a sith by this time) and think they are doing what is good for the Republic.

Captain REX
I think it will be in Ep. 3.

GordonSkywalker
Be cool to see realised on the big screen. After all the talk about it in the original film.

yerssot
doubt it

Ushgarak
A significant part? I entirely doubt it as well.

yerssot
it was GL saying no that makes people doubt

Captain REX
Do you believe everything that GL says. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
he did create the story yes stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
Interesting....I thought whatever George Lucas said was regarded as the gosepl truth.

LaurenE147
GL also said that Darth Vader killed Anakin SKywalker. Anything he says can be called into question.

Ushgarak
Obi-Wan said that, not George. BIG difference.

LaurenE147
I don't remember that.

Ushgarak
You don't remember Obi-Wan saying that Vader killed Luke's father?

Captain REX
It was one of his riddle things that Ob1 told Luke while they were at his house in ANH.

yerssot
technically, GL did, by writing it of course

LaurenE147
Whoa, what are y'all talking about? I'm talking about GL saying that the Jedi Hunt won't be a part of Episod III. I missed something.

Ushgarak
Right, look, George Lucas said it would not be in episode III personally, which is pretty certain.

The only way George Lucas said that Vader killed Anakin was through one of his characters. Characters CAN be fallible.

Member.
darth vader did "kill" anakin. his spirit died. GL's cool.

GordonSkywalker
I agree with the Ushman's interpretation. George Lucas is a storytelling mastermind for getting us to debate these finer points of his films. cool big grin

cookies2006
I will once again agree with master Gordon.

GordonSkywalker
{Being agreeable is the beginning of wisdom my friend}

cookies2006
Than wisdom here i come.

GordonSkywalker
{Let me know if they are still talking about me once you get there.}

cookies2006
Right away master.

GordonSkywalker
I don't think the actual hunt will be in the film itself but only hinted at while everything else is happening to our main players.

LaurenE147
Maybe it won't be a major part, but I thinkwe will see Anakin killing a few jedi.

Ushgarak
That is far more likely.

GordonSkywalker
I agree with my esteemed fellow diplomats. Anakin(Or more correctly Vader) will take out a couple of them(Mace Windu?) before the film's end.

LaurenE147
I really hope it's a really cool battle. The cool characters have had crappy deaths so far.

cookies2006
Like who, Jango?

GordonSkywalker
What about the death of Qui Gon?

LaurenE147
Boba and Jango had crappy deaths.

yerssot
and Corde wink

Julie
poor corde...though she's not a key character.....yet in EU or cannon Sw

GordonSkywalker
Was she Padme's decoy at the start of Episode II?

yerssot
yes

LaurenE147
Hey, she at least had a noble death. She died saving someone else's life.

GordonSkywalker
The Purge will not be a major aspect of the final installment.

yerssot
definitly

GordonSkywalker
The plight of Anakin Skywalker will.

cookies2006
Just like Luke through all the original trilogies.?

Rogue Jedi
heres a question. if the jedi purge is not a part of ep.3, which jedi will live in order to be hunted?

finti
those who are left alive.

To be serious about your question, have no idea

grifta
I think that the purge will be the end of EP3, like the wedding the end of EP2.

grifta
Well from EU we know that there were more Jedi alive then expected smile

Ushgarak
Never mind the EU...

Rogue Jedi
here, at least, in this section.....

GABRIEL05
I think the only jedi who survive ep.III besides Yoda and Kenobi, are just random assorted jedi who Vader, and the Emp hunt later.

Rogue Jedi
agreed.

Julie
hmmm I believe the general consensus is that the jedi hunt will be big in EpIII.....cool poor poor jedi

Rogue Jedi
probably some will be killed, but not all. not enough time in the movie.

Morph
People, people. The purge won't be the end of the movie. The end of the movie takes place on Tatooine. Obi-Wan walks up to the edge of a cliff, overlooking the dune sea. All the Jawas and Sandpeople and banthas and what not gather around...oh yeah, you know what's coming..Obi-Wan opens up his robe and holds up the glorious baby Luke for all to see..IN THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIFE!........I AM ABOVE THE LAW!

finti
hmmm more like Obi deliver baby Luke to the Larses at their homestead

Rogue Jedi
correct.

Ushgarak
That's not the FINAL scene. Well, probably not.

Rogue Jedi
the final scene is gonna be very dark. something with vader and the emperor.

Morph
Nah, I'm pretty sure Lucas will pay homage to his Lion King peeps. wink

Rogue Jedi
????? confused blink huh

Lyn
I think showing the Jedi Hunt would help to link the trilogies together better and would explain why Yoda and Obi-Wan are the only Jedi left. It would also help to show the complete transformation of Anakin.
Although I dont mind reading the EU stuff I'd rather they showed the Jedi Hunt on screen.

finti
I wanna see it cause I sure aint gonna read about it

Rogue Jedi
i wanna see it and read it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.