The Rakatan Empire vs. The Sith Empire TOR.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Who wins? Rakatan ships were shown blasting a planet and it being calculated at 1 Teraton as a High end, a 65 Gigatons as a low end.

Q99
The Sith Empire.

I mean, the Rakatans, for all their spread-outness, had only a few hundred worlds and hyperdrives that had trouble targeting any place that wasn't force rich.

The Sith Empire has at least hundreds of thousands to millions of worlds (a lot of them puny, but still).

The Rakatans have good production for an empire their size, but they lack the armies, ship crews, and so on needed.

The Merchant
Are there any calcs for a Harrower class? I remember seeing a ship from the Sith empire blasting a planet and it only took out a city.

Q99
Originally posted by The Merchant
Are there any calcs for a Harrower class? I remember seeing a ship from the Sith empire blasting a planet and it only took out a city.

Here's the thing: Calcs for... well, anything in SW, jump all around the place.

Rakatans tried bombardment during the Force Wars with Tython. It sure as heck was no Teratons, and Tython was able to fight their ships with it's pre-republic tech vessels.

Harrowers were the strongest vessels ever built when they came online (baring perhaps one-off super flagships), surpassing the vessels Revan made with the Rakatan Star Forge.

The Merchant
But the Rakatan ships designs were most likely lost, and the here's the scan I'm talking about:

http://i.imgur.com/U90WvjC.jpg

Q99
That's a big light effect and all, but there's also the matter we saw shots hit the ground. The Je'daii temples are intact, the forests are still there, etc.. That's certainly an artistic license thing, just like the orbital ring around Dac in the comics being visible and looking sizable next to the planet (and the artists even admitted it, noting it'd be really boring to draw a tiny barely-visible line. Same artist even!).

And there is still the matter that the Je'daii craft could fight them off, and they didn't have fancy force tech, they were just the ships of the time.

The Merchant
Huh, interesting. That planet was Tython?

DarthAnt66
Rakatan slaughterhouse. Malgus even said there technology makes his look primitive. They have the Foundry, the Star Forge, the Terraforming space station, and another one.

It would be like the United States vs a small ancient Germanic Tribe.

Nephthys
Rakatan tech is indeed >>> TOR era tech. Notably, the Rakatans did defeat the World Razor and imprison it, while a Republic general wasn't sure the entire Republic fleet could beat it. Despite how much larger the Republic is to the Infinite Empire.

DarthAnt66
Proof they were larger?

Nephthys
The Republic is millions or billions of worlds. The Infinite Empire was a few thousand at best.

DarthAnt66
They were in control of the entire galaxy, but yes according to Wookiee they only had 500 worlds, but all the ones they had were the major ones.

Nephthys
And at the time the "whole galaxy" was a pretty small amount of planets.

DarthAnt66
I edited my post.

Nephthys
I read your edited post.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Rakatan slaughterhouse. Malgus even said there technology makes his look primitive. They have the Foundry, the Star Forge, the Terraforming space station, and another one.

It would be like the United States vs a small ancient Germanic Tribe. By that comparison you're saying the larger, more recent, more numerous, more far-reaching civilization is... lesser than the smaller, more ancient, more consolidated, less civilized people?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.