Spiderman (Garfield) vs. Spiderman (Tobey)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Like the title says, this is Garfield's Spiderman vs. Tobey's Spiderman. Battleground is NY city.

Scenario 1: Random encounter
Scenario 2: 3 days prep

Standard costume and equipment for both. Can use anything in their surroundings to their advantage. Win can be made via knockout, submission or kill.

Mindship
1. Definitely Garfield.
2. Probably Garfield.

DARTH POWER
Garfield's Hyperspeed now LOL. And not even sure if Maguire is stronger. So yeah Garfield wins.

Firefly218
Garfield rapes

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Firefly218
Garfield rapes http://www.sccl.org/sites/default/files/uploads/locations/cupertino/garfield.jpg

Firefly218
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
http://www.sccl.org/sites/default/files/uploads/locations/cupertino/garfield.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2012/09/tobey-cry.jpg

DARTH POWER
laughing out loud

WildBantha88
Tobey starts doubting himself halfway into the fight and looses his powers, then Garfield rips him in half

playa1258
Tobey is to busy whining about how Mary Jane's snaggle tooth keeps getting stuck on his cock.

jinXed by JaNx
Tobey is stronger and has unlimited webbing.

KingD19
Stronger is debatable as Garfield's feats in AS2 put him easily in Toby's strength class and probably beyond considering the ease at which he performed them.

jinXed by JaNx
Debatable at best.

Tzeentch
What strength feats are those?

Tobey Peter seems stronger to me and more durable, but slower.

FrothByte
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

I used to think this as well, but then I saw how Garfield easily caught and held aloft a car... keyword is "easily", and I don't recall Tobey displaying that kind of flippant strength. He had bigger strength feats but he also struggled a lot more.

KingD19
Originally posted by Tzeentch
What strength feats are those?

Tobey Peter seems stronger to me and more durable, but slower.

Catching a falling police cruiser with ease, and stopping an 18 wheeler at full speed pushing a bus in only a few feet after digging his feet into the concrete.

theTANTALIZER
What he says. Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Tzeentch
Originally posted by KingD19
Catching a falling police cruiser with ease, and stopping an 18 wheeler at full speed pushing a bus in only a few feet after digging his feet into the concrete. How is that superior to stopping a train moving at full speed?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Tzeentch
How is that superior to stopping a train moving at full speed?

Well that wasn't exactly a pure strength feat. He tried stopping it with strength alone, but couldn't even slow it down. He then stopped it holding onto his webs attached to buildings on either side. But yeah holding onto his webs clearly demanded immense strength there, but it's a bit difficult to quantify it.

BruceSkywalker
tobey wins because he is an american lol

Dr Will Hatch
Tobey wins because it took three movies for him to jump the shark, which only took Andy two.

TH3_V01D
Tobey because his movies are actual critical hits. and have a actual masterpiece of the superhero genre.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
Tobey because his movies are actual critical hits. and have a actual masterpiece of the superhero genre.

Who gives a f*** about being critical hits?

These the same critics who say Superman Returns was a great movie? Please.

Spider-Man (the first one) had many memorable moments, but there was also many problems with it. Spider-Man 2 was great and probably still the best Spider-Man movie to date. Spider-Man 3 was utter garbage.

Spider-Man 2 really saved that series Imho. On the other hand if Spider-Man 3 was great I would probably be praising the whole series, but it wasn't (not even according to critics).

Anyway I prefer Webb's series so far. Just has better character development, the plot is miles better, as are the action sequences, and I just prefer the direction this series is going. That being said Spider-Man 2 is still my favorite (but not by much). But given there's 2 more in this series, Webb still has the opportunity to make one better than S2.

steverules_2
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
the plot is miles better, as are the action sequences

I disagree about the action sequences bit, mainly due to the fact that the Spider-man 2 fight between Spider-Man and Ock on the train was truly amazing and whilst the Amazing spider-man fight scenes are pretty good nothing beats that fight on the train for me

z00fTwhmYX0

Spider-man gets hit by a f*cking train and practically shrugs it off and carries on fighting

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by steverules_2
I disagree about the action sequences bit, mainly due to the fact that the Spider-man 2 fight between Spider-Man and Ock on the train was truly amazing and whilst the Amazing spider-man fight scenes are pretty good nothing beats that fight on the train for me

Yeah I've already admitted Spider-Man 2 is the best Spider-Man movie to date.

KingD19
3 actually had the potential to be good. But they basically shoved Venom down Raimi's throat and forced him to put him into the movie, so he intentionally made it suck balls.

steverules_2
Yeah I've already admitted Spider-Man 2 is the best Spider-Man movie to date.

Yeah but you said the action sequences of Webbs are miles better, hence why I quoted that bit when I posted and replied to what you said

DARTH POWER
Yeah but you said the action sequences of Webbs are miles better, hence why I quoted that bit when I posted and replied to what you said

I get what your pointing out thumb up

My point was comparing Ramai's series to Webb's series so far. But yeah S2 is still the best and a lot of that is down to the action sequences.

Martian_mind
The action in the new movies is ridiculously dull IMO.

0mega Spawn
Tobey spider held half of that. Does asm do anything similar?

Or took a bomb to the face?

maxivitopowe
Spider-man gets hit by a f*cking train and practically shrugs it off and carries on fighting

Get back to me when Tobie can tank a full power point blanc blast from electro

DrDeadpool
Garfield Spiderman wins and without trouble honestly !!!

Tzeentch
Just has better character development,

Better character development? Are you ****ing kidding me?

steverules_2
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Get back to me when Tobie can tank a full power point blanc blast from electro

Get back to me when Garfield stops a full speed train with his webbing and holding onto said webbing to stop it, that took a lot of strength

golem370
Toby-Man wins more damage soak and comparable to Garfield-Man in everything else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.