What is the best thing you've ever done?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meep-meep
What's the best the best thing you've done?

If it was helping you, and you knew it.

If it was altruistic, or legitimately helping another without ANY regard for yourself.

Begin.

Bardock42
I once answered a thread that was dying, to spare the original poster shame.

Clovie
I didn't kill a few people.

Dramatic Gecko
I tuuchet mesuf n da AREA en fult lik a prunecess.

jaden101
I didn't send anyone Candy Crush Saga requests on Facebook.

jaden101
I didn't piss all over the floor of my friend's bathroom when I was drunk at his house.

Lord Lucien
I convinced Facebook to go public.

Stealth Moose
You're all here.

Lord Lucien
Umbrella had us by the nutsacks. Thanks man.

dadudemon
I don't like to talk about these things because it cheapens the point of doing it if you tell people about it (which is basically bragging about doing a good deed...which is pretty dang lame).

But the most altruistic thing I have ever done?

Probably let my wife win an argument in which she was definitely wrong. She wanted to redo the roof on her parent's home to be nice and I agreed we should help her parents. The cost was $10,000. I told her to pay off her 3 credit cards, first, and then pay for her parent's new roof. It would take 6 months more than her plans but it would end up saving her some stupid amount in interest: $1,800. She was not having it. Her parents were not in a hurry to get a new roof and it worked just fine (they want to move and need to do a few repairs, first, before moving). So it was practical to be a tad more patient but end up saving quite a bit of money. No matter how many ways I tried to explain it to her, she would not budge.

So I gave up the argument. I let her give away $10,000 that she should have used to get herself out of debt. It was very tough...because dat money we could have saved!!!

There is a slight good ending to this story: when she went to buy a car recently, she had to have me cosign for her because her credit was not good enough (said her income to debt ratio was too high or something). I don't treat my wife like I do KMC's forum trolls so I did not say, "I told you so." That was also tough to resist because I'm an arrogant shithead.

The end.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm an arrogant shithead. F*ckin' told ya so

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
F*ckin' told ya so I cannot help it the everyone is wrong all the time. smile

Omega Vision
One time I helped this one old couple redo their roof for the low, low price of $10,000.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Omega Vision
One time I helped this one old couple redo their roof for the low, low price of $10,000.

Check out this calculator:

http://www.homewyse.com/services/cost_to_install_shingle_roof.html

We actually got a massive discount with the roofing company we used because the owner is a relative.

Roofs are ****ing expensive.

Lord Lucien
That's why I don't bother with them. Just use the sky, nature's roof.

Shakyamunison
I saved a woman's life. I was in a restaurant and she started chocking so I used the Heimlich Maneuver. It was a very good thing that I had just finished a paramedic class, because the woman was obese, and I had to use a modified version of the Heimlich to save her. That was like 25 years ago.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Umbrella had us by the nutsacks. Thanks man.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqwlry1vYL1qlqe4x.gif

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I saved a woman's life. I was in a restaurant and she started chocking so I used the Heimlich Maneuver. It was a very good thing that I had just finished a paramedic class, because the woman was obese, and I had to use a modified version of the Heimlich to save her. That was like 25 years ago.

Astner's mom? OH SNAP SON!

Omega Vision
Originally posted by dadudemon
Check out this calculator:

http://www.homewyse.com/services/cost_to_install_shingle_roof.html

We actually got a massive discount with the roofing company we used because the owner is a relative.

Roofs are ****ing expensive. You're telling me this as if I don't know already...cuz.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Bardock42
I once answered a thread that was dying, to spare the original poster shame.

thumb up

WildBantha88
Originally posted by meep-meep
What's the best the best thing you've done?

Cocaine big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
... Astner's mom? OH SNAP SON!

Astner has a mom?!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You're telling me this as if I don't know already...cuz.

The "low low price" seemed like sarcasm as though I was ripped off. That's all. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.