Did palpatine really have the power "to save ones love"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
Or was he just deceiving anakin to join the darkside.

WildBantha88
Plageuis could save people from the brink of death, it was one of the earliest developments in his midichlorian manipulation, and Palpatine has atleast some understanding of midichloian manipulation so it is very likely that he could.

Q99
No, note one of the things he wanted Anakin for was he thought the two combined could do so.

Darth Krayt can, and Plageuis can to an extent, but just those two. Even Dark Empire Palpatine didn't have that level of technique in healing, else he wouldn't have had to transfer between clone bodies like he did.

Nephthys
No, duh. erm

Arhael
Sidious is capable of doing essence transfer on others. He demonstrated it on designer of death star for its design flaw. No proof he already could do it during RotS though.

deathslash
I don't think that Sidious had the power to save his loved ones from death. Even if he did, there's no way in hell that he would have shown Anakin that sort of technique. To Sidious, Padme served him and Vader better in death than she ever could in life (the anger and rage of losing her fed Vader's darkside abilities really well).

WildBantha88
I don't think Sidious had loved ones to begin with

red8
While frying himself:
I have the power to save the one's you love!

A moment later:
To cheat death, is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we will find the secret.

In the novel Plagueis, Palpatine seems more interested in the Grand Plan than force manipulation, so I'd say no, he doesn't have that power (at least not yet).

Q99
Btw, this is part of why I respect Krayt (and Plagueis') power.

The first half of the Rule of Two sith, large numbers of successors of that order, spent tons of time trying to learn essence transfer and other methods of immortality. It was later noted that when knowledge of the technique was lost (due to one of the Sith going lightside and trying to smash up all the records before his apprentice killed him), the Rule of Two sith became far more productive at actually working on the plan.

So there's a couple centuries of Rule of Two masters spending a ton of time trying to achieve such mastery and failing. Plageuis and Krayt are above all of them.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
Btw, this is part of why I respect Krayt (and Plagueis') power.

The first half of the Rule of Two sith, large numbers of successors of that order, spent tons of time trying to learn essence transfer and other methods of immortality. It was later noted that when knowledge of the technique was lost (due to one of the Sith going lightside and trying to smash up all the records before his apprentice killed him), the Rule of Two sith became far more productive at actually working on the plan.

So there's a couple centuries of Rule of Two masters spending a ton of time trying to achieve such mastery and failing. Plageuis and Krayt are above all of them.
Do you have any proof for the first centuries of Banite Sith wasting all of their time seeking Immortality?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.