Galen Marek vs. Darth Bane DOE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Nephthys
Bane imo.

carthage
I think so too.

Better dueling feats, comparable telekinesis, and Bane is undoubtedly more skilled.

Would be a decent fight though

Lord Lucien
I always read DOE as dead on e-rrival.

The_Tempest
Marek.

Nephthys
Interesting.

Emperordmb
I'm going with Bane. He's a more skilled duelist with more impressive physical feats. His lightning also impresses me more, his telekinetic defense is more impressive, and I'm not quite sure if Starkiller could defend against force drain.

NewGuy01
Shocking.

thumb up I would argue that the gap between them as duelists isn't as large as one would initially think, but it's true that Bane almost undoubtedly is the superior duelist.

thumb up Galen is far from incapable of handling Bane's physical capabilities though. He was able to hold out against Vader's even greater physical strength, and in turn he was noticeably faster than him as well.

thumb up True that, being capable of conjuring storms of lightning that can absorb blaster bolts into the storm and melt the blasters of the victims is beastly. Not to mention that his normal lightning was capable of incinerating it's targets and repelling lightsabers. Truly amongst the best in the mythos.

thumb down And I'm not sure Bane could even apply it in combat while facing someone of Galen's caliber.

DarthAnt66
"thumb down And I'm not sure Bane could even apply it in combat while facing someone of Galen's caliber."
Nihilus applied it on someone Traya's caliber.

NewGuy01
According to Bane in the Book of Sith, Drain is extremely difficult to apply in combat in the first place. Against someone as powerful as Galen I doubt he'd ever get the chance to use it.

In Nihilus's case, your point is invalid. Sion was sitting there beating the shit out of her, they weren't in pitched combat. Of course Nihilus would be able to use it.

DarthAnt66
True.
However I am shocked that made it into the final game, that shit is gruesome. Sion beats the shit out of an old lady while Nihilus drains her.

Emperordmb
Regardless I don't think Bane needs drain to win this one.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
True.
However I am shocked that made it into the final game, that shit is gruesome. Sion beats the shit out of an old lady while Nihilus drains her.
Sounds like some sort of weird gangrape.

WildBantha88
Galen could put up a nice fight for Bane but he would ultimately die. Banes just on another league

Nephthys
thumb up

PTforthewin
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Galen could put up a nice fight for Bane but he would ultimately die. Banes just on another league not really

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Marek.

Nephthys
How?

The_Tempest
Better feats, bro.

Nephthys
In what way?

Lightsabers? No.

TK? Arguable.

Lightning? No.

Bane also has numerous other Force powers under his belt.

Also you know that Mareks feats are exaggerated.

The_Tempest
Cool story, bro.

What Marek does with the Salvation in TFU2 is leagues ahead of anything Bane's ever done.

Marek stomps, honestly.

Nephthys
Bullshit.

Marek had trouble (didn't stomp) with Kota, Shaak Ti, Paratus, Proxy, a random Imperial Guardsman, a bull Rancor and Darth Vader. Bane is superior to any of them.

That Salvation feat is leagues beyond anything Sidious has done too, yet we know Marek can't stomp him. Mareks feats are exaggerated (unleashed) and not representative of his actual capabilities.

The_Tempest
laughing out loud

1. Sidious has vaporized fleets; the Salvation feat isn't remotely close to his upper tier feats.

2. Sidious, unlike Bane, is confirmed to be Marek's superior.

3. Bane got stomped by Sirak and Marek is superior to him. So therefore Marek stomps Bane? Obviously Bane dramatically improved... as did Marek.

Nephthys
1. With TK. Calm down that boner, fanboi. If we're going by any feat I could point out Bane channeling planet-killing levels of energy.

2. Banes respective place in the mythos is indicative of him being on or above Mareks level. Bane is Vaders superior, whom Galen fought to close victories in both games.

3. Marek was performing ridiculous feats from the start of TFU and he still has trouble with those guys. Force Hurricane for example. Marek still had trouble against Vader at the end of TFU II and Vader has nothing on Banes speed or lightning. Also, isn't the clone weaker than the Marek at the end of the first game, judging by their respective fights with Vader?

4. Mareks feats are still exaggerated, bro.

Nephthys
Also you can't really compare Banes growth over decades to Galens growth over months.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys

erm

But Bane's are more in line with movie level feats right?

Lucasfilm's official canon(including feats) has been ripped down to the movies and TCW. Everything else is in Legends, and there's no named distinction between what's exaggerated and what's not anymore.

Nephthys
The Force Unleashed, by its very nature, was created to be as crazy and exaggerated as possible. Its conception was to show the Force being used on a scale beyond what had previously been seen.

The Bane trilogy wasn't.

DARTH POWER
The Force Unleashed, by its very nature, was created to be as crazy and exaggerated as possible. Its conception was to show the Force being used on a scale beyond what had previously been seen.

Saying they wanted over the top force use beyond what was previously seen doesn't make it non-canon. After all that's what Lucas wanted for the PT Lightsaber fights.

The Bane trilogy wasn't.

But it's clearly gone there anyway.

Astor Ebligis
Nobody said the movies were setting the standard for power levels in Star Wars. The Bane trilogy can include much higher power levels than the movies without contradicting any internal rules of the movies. TFU on the other hand directly contradicts what the movie establishes about the power levels of the movie characters specifically, and that's the difference.

Edit - Not that I'm against using Galen Marek by his TFU feats though, just saying, if we're using the truest version of his character we have to scale down his powers.

ares834
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Saying they wanted over the top force use beyond what was previously seen doesn't make it non-canon. After all that's what Lucas wanted for the PT Lightsaber fights.

thumb up

It's "canon".

Fated Xtasy
Kinda love the boners Bane's fanboys have for him. if this is TFU Marek, He loses in a good fight, if this TFU2 Marek, well his force rage might give him an edge over Bane.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
his telekinetic defense is more impressive.
right. because starkiller using tutaminus against Sidious' lightning isn't an impressive display of defensive capabilities when compared to Bane.

Nephthys

Of course its still canon. Just like the CW mini is still canon. But as Ares put it it's "canon". We just have to bare in mind that the feats were scaled up to be as over the top as possible. In Galens actual showings against other characters he doesn't just blow them away with his crazy Force powers like he really should be able to do.

As you said its quite similar to the PT fights, except that we actually scale it up in terms of speed and the physical capabilities of the actors. If Lucas wanted it over the top, he did a bad job.

But it's clearly gone there anyway.

Nah. Bane was written by Drew to be one of the most powerful Sith in history and his feats reflect that in their similarity to other characters on the same level. He has extremely fast speed like Sidious, he's extremely strong like Vader and he can disintegrate beings with lightning and TK again like Sidious. His feats are consistent with others at the top of the tiers.

Marek was written to be completely over the top. As Astor said, we should keep that in mind and scale down his ability to match his true capabilities. Galen is a little better in lightsabers than Vader and he's a little more powerful than Vader with the Force. That's his real level as I see it.

ares834
But as Ares put it it's "canon".

I put quotes around it because technically it's no longer canon (along with the Bane books). Not because it's supposedly "exaggerated" or some other bullshit that's used to toss out feats.

WildBantha88
How I see TFU is it was just a big spectical. Flashy lightning everywhere with bodies flying all over the place. Marek is powerful, no doubt about it but many of his video game feats were neutered by the book and that's how it should be. Galen is around Vaders level, Bane is beyond Vaders level

Nephthys
Galen is actually more powerful in the books.

Originally posted by ares834
I put quotes around it because technically it's no longer canon (along with the Bane books). Not because it's supposedly "exaggerated" or some other bullshit that's used to toss out feats.

I know, I just thought it was an appropriate way of phrasing it.

The_Tempest
1. With TK. Calm down that boner, fanboi. If we're going by any feat I could point out Bane channeling planet-killing levels of energy.

2. Banes respective place in the mythos is indicative of him being on or above Mareks level. Bane is Vaders superior, whom Galen fought to close victories in both games.

3. Marek was performing ridiculous feats from the start of TFU and he still has trouble with those guys. Force Hurricane for example. Marek still had trouble against Vader at the end of TFU II and Vader has nothing on Banes speed or lightning. Also, isn't the clone weaker than the Marek at the end of the first game, judging by their respective fights with Vader?

1. You could, but it still doesn't compare to what Marek does with the Salvation

2. Your personal interpretation of Bane's placement vis a vis Marek doesn't equate to explicit confirmation

3. Like you often say for TOR characters, it might just mean that Marek's opponents are that good?

4. Cool story, bro.

Anyway, Marek still wins.

Nephthys
1. You could, but it still doesn't compare to what Marek does with the Salvation

2. Your personal interpretation of Bane's placement vis a vis Marek doesn't equate to explicit confirmation

3. Like you often say for TOR characters, it might just mean that Marek's opponents are that good?

4. Cool story, bro.

Anyway, Marek still wins.

1. Um, yeah it does? Planetary levels of energy >>> obliterating half a ship.

2. Banes one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever and his feats support that. He would defeat Vader easier than Marek did.

3. So, you think that a random Shadow Guardsman is going to give Marek a better fight than Darth Bane? You think that Kota, Shaak Ti, Paratus, Proxy and Vader are better than Bane?

Ah wait, I'm being trolled? That makes sense. You tipped your hand a little easy there though.

4. It is a cool story. He is not nearly as impressive as you think he is.

I'm still not hearing how he does. Bane would crush him in lightsabers before Marek could bring the Force to bare.

DarthAnt66
Bane is actually "one of the most powerful individuals in the universe." (alongside Revan) -Drew

The_Tempest
1. Um, yeah it does? Planetary levels of energy >>> obliterating half a ship.

2. Banes one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever and his feats support that. He would defeat Vader easier than Marek did.

3. So, you think that a random Shadow Guardsman is going to give Marek a better fight than Darth Bane? You think that Kota, Shaak Ti, Paratus, Proxy and Vader are better than Bane?

Ah wait, I'm being trolled? That makes sense. You tipped your hand a little easy there though.

4. It is a cool story. He is not nearly as impressive as you think he is.

I'm still not hearing how he does. Bane would crush him in lightsabers before Marek could bring the Force to bare.

1. And if he were generating that energy, I'd agree. But since he isn't...

2. Cool story bro. Marek's feats indicate that he's much more powerful than Bane. And round and round we go.

3. I personally think Vader is definitely Bane's superior. As for the rest, perhaps or perhaps not, but that's not really my argument.

4. lol. One could say the same thing about Bane to you.

Nah. Marek is going to curbstomp him via the Force.

WildBantha88

2. Cool story bro. Marek's feats indicate that he's much more powerful than Bane. And round and round we go.

3. I personally think Vader is definitely Bane's superior. As for the rest, perhaps or perhaps not, but that's not really my argument.

Nah. Marek is going to curbstomp him via the Force. you way underestimate Bane. He is in my top 5 sith my droogie

The_Tempest
That's cool.

Nephthys

Nah. Marek is going to curbstomp him via the Force.

1. And even if he were generating 1/12th of the energy it would still be above what Galen did. Wait, he was? Oh yeeeeeah... wink

2. Mareks feats indicate he's much more powerful than Vader as well. But we know he isn't. So lets clarify things. Do you think Marek would stomp... Dooku? Maul? Talzin? Vastor? Windu? Savage? Anakin? Plagueis? Because his feats are way above theirs too. As well as a number of top tier Jedi and Sith I could mention.

3. Your argument is that Marek can stomp Bane. I am pointing out the numerous opponents Marek fought who he did not stomp who are less powerful than Bane. Do you disagree?

4. One could, though I would of course ask that person to back it up with an argument like I do.

Nah, Bane is going to curbstomp him via lightsabers.

The_Tempest
1. And even if he were generating 1/12th of the energy it would still be above what Galen did. Wait, he was? Oh yeeeeeah... wink

2. Mareks feats indicate he's much more powerful than Vader as well. But we know he isn't. So lets clarify things. Do you think Marek would stomp... Dooku? Maul? Talzin? Vastor? Windu? Savage? Anakin? Plagueis? Because his feats are way above theirs too. As well as a number of top tier Jedi and Sith I could mention.

3. Your argument is that Marek can stomp Bane. I am pointing out the numerous opponents Marek fought who he did not stomp who are less powerful than Bane. Do you disagree.

4. One could, though I would of course ask that person to back it up with an argument like I do.

Nah, Bane is going to curbstomp him via lightsabers.

1. It was a ritual, he wasn't actually generating such potency. If he were, it would be a different story. But rituals aren't reflective of a person's power.

2. Problem is, we know Vader can hold his own against Marek because they've actually fought and Vader's actually done so. Bane hasn't.

3. Like I told you, maybe those guys are really just that good and Bane isn't as good as you think he is. erm

4. You actually haven't presented such an argument.

laughing out loud

Nephthys
1. It was a ritual, he wasn't actually generating such potency. If he were, it would be a different story. But rituals aren't reflective of a person's power.

2. Problem is, we know Vader can hold his own against Marek because they've actually fought and Vader's actually done so. Bane hasn't.

3. Like I told you, maybe those guys are really just that good and Bane isn't as good as you think he is. erm

4. You actually haven't presented such an argument.

laughing out loud

1. Really? That hasn't been your stance when it was Palpatine and Plagueis doing the ritual. Could this be... DOUBLE STANDARDS!????

2. Way to blow off my question bro. Again: Do you apply this stance of Galen Marek dominance to PT era characters too, or do you just wanna shit on Bane? Dooku through Plagueis haven't shown they can hang with Marek either. Does he stomp them?

3. Theres no indication that they're just that good. Their feats are well below his even in the same works. And yet, the ownage, it is absent. Hmmm. wink

4. Yes, I did. That you refuse to accept it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So lets hear your argument for Bane not being that great. According to the writer of the Bane books he's among the most powerful individuals in the mythos. You chose to listen to those kinds of statements, don't you? Also, dodging the question again? Tut tut.

The_Tempest
1. Really? That hasn't been your stance when it was Palpatine and Plagueis doing the ritual.

2. Way to blow off my question bro. Again: Do you apply this stance of Galen Marek dominance to PT era characters too, or do you just wanna shit on Bane? Dooku through Plagueis haven't shown they can hang with Marek either. Does he stomp them?

3. Theres no indication that they're just that good. Their feats are well below his even in the same works. And yet, the ownage, it is absent. Hmmm. wink

4. Yes, I did. That you refuse to accept it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So lets hear your argument for Bane not being that great. According to the writer of the Bane books he's among the most powerful individuals in the mythos. You chose to listen to those kinds of statements, don't you?

1. Kindly direct me to where I've said as much.

2. I think Marek would dominate quite a few PT characters, bro.

3. Yes, much like Malgus and his tussle with a random Forceless mook by the name of Jace Malcom?

4. Nah. Bane being a lot weaker than Marek doesn't mean he's a weak feeb or that he's not one of the most powerful Force users ever.

Nephthys
1. Kindly direct me to where I've said as much.

2. I think Marek would dominate quite a few PT characters, bro.

3. Yes, much like Malgus and his tussle with a random Forceless mook by the name of Jace Malcom?

4. Nah. Bane being a lot weaker than Marek doesn't mean he's a weak feeb or that he's not one of the most powerful Force users ever.

1. Hell no. But we both know you've brought it up and in versus threads to boot.

2. Such as? I'm trying to establish your position on his level.

3. You mean how Malgus Force pwned him in a direct confrontation? And how Malcom was only relevant when he shoulder checked him out of nowhere?

4. You seem to think theres a much more significant gap between levels than there actually is.

The_Tempest
1. Hell no. But we both know you've brought it up and in versus threads to boot.

2. Such as? I'm trying to establish your position on his level.

3. You mean how Malgus Force pwned him in a direct confrontation? And how Malcom was only relevant when he shoulder checked him out of nowhere?

4. You seem to think theres a much more significant gap between levels than there actually is.

1. Nowhere have I credited Plagueis or Palpatine's ritual w/ the Force as a product of their non-ritualized powers.

2. Would require some serious pondering and review of their feats/accolades.

3. Yes, Malgus sure pwned him by discharging lightning that Malcom tanked and then eating Malcom's thermal detonator.

4. Maybe.

Lord Stark
Marek takes this.
Revan, Vader, Bane, and Malgus are all around the same level. Marek has shown he is solidly above that calibre. Won't be a stomp by any means, but he does win imo.

Nephthys
Marek is hardly solidly above Vader.

And Bane is well above Vader in terms of lightsabers, surely.

1. Nowhere have I credited Plagueis or Palpatine's ritual w/ the Force as a product of their non-ritualized powers.

2. Would require some serious pondering and review of their feats/accolades.

3. Yes, Malgus sure pwned him by discharging lightning that Malcom tanked and then eating Malcom's thermal detonator.

4. Maybe.

1. You ****in' liar. Either that or you're finally going senile, lol.

2. How much pondering did you put into Bane's review? Because Bane's feats and accolades are superior to any of the ones I mentioned barring Plagueis.

3. Malcom was wearing insulated armor. And Malcoms thermal detonator barely brought him to his knees.

4. So your hierarchy is:

Sidious

Marek
Vader

Bane?

Yeah man, seems legit. thumb up

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Marek takes this.
Revan, Vader, Bane, and Malgus are all around the same level. Marek has shown he is solidly above that calibre. Won't be a stomp by any means, but he does win imo. all those characters levels are all over the place

Bane>Vader>Revan>Malgus and the gap between the lowest one and the highest one is quite large

The_Tempest
Marek is hardly solidly above Vader.

And Bane is well above Vader in terms of lightsabers, surely.

1. You ****in' liar. Either that or you're finally going senile, lol.

2. How much pondering did you put into Bane's review? Because Bane's feats and accolades are superior to any of the ones I mentioned barring Plagueis.

3. Malcom was wearing insulated armor. And Malcoms thermal detonator barely brought him to his knees.

4. So your hierarchy is:

Sidious

Marek
Vader

Bane?

Yeah man, seems legit. thumb up

1. Should be a simple matter, then, for you to locate and produce such statements. I honestly don't recall any.

2. lol

3. Proof the armor was insulated? Still doesn't sound like pwnage, bro.

4. Agreed.

Nephthys
1. Should be a simple matter, then, for you to locate and produce such statements. I honestly don't recall any.

2. lol

3. Proof the armor was insulated? Still doesn't sound like pwnage, bro.

4. Agreed.

1. Its been way too long since you actively participated in these threads. I'm not hunting down a quote from a year old thread just to prove a point.

2. Its true and you know it.

3. Theres a picture and description of the exact Havoc Squad armor Malcom was wearing in Swtore and it has an indication that it comes with an insulated body glove that also protects against extreme heat. We know from The Third Lesson that Malgus' lightning is potent enough to burn through a powerful Jedi's torso after overwhelming his lightsaber defense.

4. Agreed with sarcasm included, I win. Bee-atch.

WildBantha88
That wasn't even Malgus prime, He has displayed more powerful FL than the stuff he shot at Malcom. His lightning has been shown to kill instantly, yet a random trooper tanked it? Yea his armor was insulated

NewGuy01
I agree. Malgus, Bane, Revan, they're all really on the same caliber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.