Rematch: King Slayer vs Stark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Jamie Lannister vs Rob Stark sword fight.

NemeBro
Jaime would kill Robb in a duel.

I assume you meant Ned?

KingD19
We never got to see Rob go up against any big names with established wins under their belts did we? We know Jamie's a badass based on his past exploits, but all we see Rob kill are just randoms.

Now with them being opposing generals or something like that, Rob definitely wins. He was a tactical genius.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by NemeBro
Jaime would kill Robb in a duel.

I assume you meant Ned?

Yea, Ned, my bad.

NemeBro
George RR Martin has explicitly stated that show Ned would have beaten Jaime if the duel continued.

KingD19
I had a feeling that's how that fight would have went. That's why that soldier stabbed him, he had the good sense to know Jamie was gonna die.

quanchi112
George RR Martin has explicitly stated that show Ned would have beaten Jaime if the duel continued. Tv series isn't the same as the books.

KingD19
Originally posted by quanchi112
Tv series isn't the same as the books.

But this is the tv version of the characters. So your point is moot.

NemeBro
Is there a point you're trying to make?

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
But this is the tv version of the characters. So your point is moot. So the writers opinion isn't ironclad on these HBO characters.

quanchi112
Is there a point you're trying to make? I always have a point.

KingD19
Originally posted by quanchi112
So the writers opinion isn't ironclad on these HBO characters.

Except in this case it is, as the writers go directly to R.R. Martin with the scripts and stuff to see if it's okay with him or if he'd change anything. He's pretty much got executive control. So if he says Ned would have won, Ned would have won.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
Except in this case it is, as the writers go directly to R.R. Martin with the scripts and stuff to see if it's okay with him or if he'd change anything. He's pretty much got executive control. So if he says Ned would have won, Ned would have won. Going to him for his opinion is one thing but they have the final say. Sorry, he doesn't own the tv series characters so his opinion isn't ironclad for the show.

marwash22
Ned would have won, but GRRM is a dick and doesn't let good things happen to good people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.