Wikileaks Julian Assange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Is this guy stuck for life in a Ecuadorian Embassy in London?

Lord Lucien
Unless he tunnels out.

Time Immemorial
I'd be all for him if he had not raped and molested young girls. Dude really screwed himself with that stunt.

Omega Vision
There are several ways it could go.

1) Something could cause the diplomatic impasse to escalate (a new leak that the UK or USA considers unacceptable, 'forcing' their hand). While it's very unlikely that the British would invade the embassy, they and the Americans might be able to put enough pressure on Ecuador to convince them that it's just not worth it.
2) Assange could die of a drug overdose while in the embassy
3) Assange could be assassinated in the embassy
4) The US and UK forget about him and stop pressing for his extradition. (probably the most unlikely of all scenarios)
5) There's a change of government in Ecuador, and the new government decides that Assange just isn't worth it and turns him over to the UK. (This is probably what the British and Americans are waiting/hoping for, and probably the most likely too after the 'Assange remains in the embassy in perpetuity' possibility)
6) Assange is somehow smuggled out of the embassy to the safety of Ecuador. With the amount of surveillance that's probably going on, this is almost as unlikely as the US and UK giving up, but it isn't impossible.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Omega Vision
There are several ways it could go.

2) Assange could die of a drug overdose while in the embassy

lol. Is this really a possibility? He kind of looks like the type of dude who's knee-deep in cocaine at any given point in time, but I've never heard that he has a drug problem.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I'd be all for him if he had not raped and molested young girls. Dude really screwed himself with that stunt.

Lol. Do some research bro.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Lol. Do some research bro.

Falsified claims of the sexual mis conduct I'm guessing?

Omega Vision
I don't hate Assange because he's a whistleblower or because he's been accused of rape. I hate him because he'll jump in bed with anyone who doesn't like America simply because they dislike America, without any regard for what kind of despots they are. He basically excused repression in Iran by saying that "they need to be repressive, otherwise the Iranian government would get toppled by its neighbors."

Which is really the exact same ****ing argument the US government makes to justify the sorts of abuses that Assange takes them to task for.

Basically, the guy's full of shit.
Originally posted by Tzeentch
lol. Is this really a possibility? He kind of looks like the type of dude who's knee-deep in cocaine at any given point in time, but I've never heard that he has a drug problem.
I'll admit I have no idea if Assange has a drug problem. But it does sound plausible, doesn't it? Especially since he's in the embassy of one of the cocaine capitals of the world.

I just feel like if that guy dies suddenly, drug overdose is more likely than something than an aneurysm or stroke. You can substitute any kind of sudden death for drug overdose and it will be the same more or less.

Oneness
OT (Question to Omega Vision)

OV, do you recall the thread in which I accurately deduced that you hunt deer based on a picture of you and two brothers?

Omega Vision
Who cares? What does this have to do with the thread?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Falsified claims of the sexual mis conduct I'm guessing?

More like exaggerated. One I recall was an accusation of having sex with a girl of legal age while she was asleep after they had had sex earlier in the night, and the other claimed he didn't use protection.

Both girls IIRC weren't heavily invested in persecuting him but the local government applied pressure. Basically, the charges seem like well poisoning.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Oneness
OT (Question to Omega Vision)

OV, do you recall the thread in which I accurately deduced that you hunt deer based on a picture of you and two brothers?

'Accurately deduced' I assume means "made an accurate guess?' Dem semantics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.