Yoda and Satale Shan Vs Emperor Palpatine(RoTs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
The two jedi grandmasters versus the dark lord of the sith himself
Lightsabers
Force Powers
All-out
on the planet corousant(in the same way yoda faced palpatine)

carthage
Sidious still quite easily.

DarthAnt66
lol wut
Yoda is stated to be Palpatine's equal. Team 1 takes this.

PTforthewin
Satele sucks she loses first

carthage
Nowhere is there any proof that they are equal.

I don't buy your retarded quotes. Sidious sent Yoda running like a *****, and was blocking all of Yoda's attacks on the senate pod. Apart from the stupid ROTS novelization, Yoda can barely handle Dooku yet alone Palpatine

Even in the dream sequence Yoda never got the upper hand.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by carthage

I don't buy your retarded quotes. Sidious sent Yoda running like a *****, and was blocking all of Yoda's attacks on the senate pod. Apart from the stupid ROTS novelization, Yoda can barely handle Dooku yet alone Palpatine

Even in the dream sequence Yoda never got the upper hand. yoda was winning in the dream sequence and the senate, if it was on a flat area yoda would have won on the senate

Darth Martin
Yoda alone has a solid chance of winning. Stop giving h help against ROTS Palpatine. He can take him on his own. Adding Satele surely gives him the victory.

King Joker
Jedi take this.

carthage
Satele would never even see the Emperor. She'd get blitzed and Yoda will fight and die in the end.

Nephthys
Satele is pretty fast. I doubt she'd get straight up blitzed.

Based

Clearly you haven't watched Episode III.

carthage
You mean the scene where Palpatine blocks all of Yoda's attacks while standing still on a senate pod? And then sends Yoda running like a ***** when he uses his TK?

Yoda lost that fight, I don't get why its so hard for people to accept that. Only in incredibly stupid quotes that don't take into account his loss, do people consider them equals.

Yoda ran from the fight, he fought evenly with Dooku in AOTC, he isn't on par with Palpatine.

Lord Stark
You mean the scene where Palpatine blocks all of Yoda's attacks while standing still on a senate pod? And then sends Yoda running like a ***** when he uses his TK?

Yoda lost that fight, I don't get why its so hard for people to accept that. Only in incredibly stupid quotes that don't take into account his loss, do people consider them equals.

Yoda ran from the fight, he fought evenly with Dooku in AOTC, he isn't on par with Palpatine.

Sorry but no. Let's take a look at the G-canon screenplay.

YODA unleashes a ferocious assault on PALPATINE, causing him to almost go over the edge. The Dark Lord drops his lightsaber but recovers with a BLAST OF ENERGY from his hands that surrounds YODA. YODA is deflecting the Sith Lord's lightning bolts.

The energy bolts begin to arc back on the Emperor. It looks as if the Dark Lord is doomed.

Yoda was pushing Palpatine's shit in in the Saber duel. If he hadn't been caught at an awkward position at the end of the duel he
A. Would never have struggled to deflect the Emperor's lightning
B. Would have sliced and diced as he no longer had a saber.

Also don't kid yourself, Yoda retreated because there was a battalion of troops on their way to help Palps. Also the Satele downplaying in this thread makes me sick. She isn't going to get blitzed.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Also don't kid yourself, Yoda retreated because there was a battalion of troops on their way to help Palps.

No, he retreated because he didn't like his odds against Palpatine. Nowhere are troops listed as a reason for Yoda's departure.

Nephthys
Yoda expends energy fast. My opinion is that Sidious would have outpaced him eventually.

The_Tempest
You expend energy fast.

DarthAnt66

"Yoda's knowledge of the Force makes him just as powerful as Darth Sidious."
-Mysterious of the Jedi

"Sidious battles with passion and fury, only to be matched every blow by Yoda's calm, measured skill."
-Beware of the Sith

"Yoda is an immensely powerful Jedi who can control blue crackling Force lightning."
-Mysterious of the Jedi

I accept your concession.
/thread

NewGuy01
I don't see how Satele would be overly helpful against Sidious, though.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by The_Tempest
No, he retreated because he didn't like his odds against Palpatine. Nowhere are troops listed as a reason for Yoda's departure.

So you don't think the entire Senate Guard shooting at him was a reason for his departure? Regardless they are equals. I concede that it wasn't the reason, but it certainly was likely a reason.

Based

Yeah, anyone's odds without a lightsaber would be cut dramatically.

carthage
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
"Yoda's knowledge of the Force makes him just as powerful as Darth Sidious."
-Mysterious of the Jedi

"Sidious battles with passion and fury, only to be matched every blow by Yoda's calm, measured skill."
-Beware of the Sith

"Yoda is an immensely powerful Jedi who can control blue crackling Force lightning."
-Mysterious of the Jedi

I accept your concession.
/thread

None of which matters because the one crucial showing where Yoda could've proved he was on his tier, Palpatine sent him running like a little *****. Cute posts though Ant.

DarthAnt66
lol. ignoring canon again. thumb up
Once again, I will accept your concession.

Lord Stark
None of which matters because the one crucial showing where Yoda could've proved he was on his tier, Palpatine sent him running like a little *****. Cute posts though Ant.

How can you say he's not on his tier when he disarmed him, reflected lightning back in his face, successfully TKed him, and reflected his lightning bare handed.

carthage
That's cute. He still lost the fight. Its irrelevant how he fared, Sidious overwhelmed him toward the end with his superior force abilities. Any offense he managed to muster before the tide of battle turned is irrelevant. Also any half-witted quotes calling them equal when Sidious defeated the most powerful Jedi in combat is hilarious.

carthage
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
lol. ignoring canon again. thumb up
Once again, I will accept your concession.

Common sense observation for the fact Yoda lost > Ant's trillions of idiotic quotes from secondary sources.

Nephthys
That's cute. He still lost the fight. Its irrelevant how he fared, Sidious overwhelmed him toward the end with his superior force abilities.

No, he didn't?

The_Tempest
That's cute. He still lost the fight. Its irrelevant how he fared, Sidious overwhelmed him toward the end with his superior force abilities. Any offense he managed to muster before the tide of battle turned is irrelevant. Also any half-witted quotes calling them equal when Sidious defeated the most powerful Jedi in combat is hilarious.

They're not on the same tier?

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
No, he didn't?

Lol ok. Sidious lightning was too much for him when he absorbed it, the best he did was knock him back. Sidious sent him flying with it and had him running for the duration of the duel. In sabers, he blocked everything Yoda hurled at him while basically standing still.

For being a saber master Yoda expended tons of energy in pointless flips and shit. Sidious sent him packing

carthage
They're not on the same tier?

I never said they weren't on the same tier. Sidious is just his superior.

carthage
That being said if this were a sabers only match Palpatine would probably lose.

Based
Sidious ran away like a ***** first. Yoda actually stopped him from running which Sidious couldn't do when Yoda wanted to leave.

carthage
Which is completely irrelevant because Yoda still lost the fightthumb up . There is another problem with that too, Sidious said he waited a "long time for this". Any problem with that is due to Lucas.

Galan007
The difference between them is marginal at best. However, I believe Yoda came out of that battle looking better than Palps overall--especially when we take the script's narrative into consideration. /shrug

Lord Stark

False. Yoda reflected palpatine's lightning then there was an explosion. The only reason Yoda fell and Palpatine didn't (barely he still almost fell) was because of positioning.

"and as the little green freak fell, finally, above, the victorious
shadow became once again only Palpatine: a very old, very tired
man, gasping for air as he leaned on the pod's rail."

Palpatine was clearly exhausted at this point. The two of them are equals.

carthage
They stalemated in sabers, but Palps looked better because Yoda's technique is shit. All of his flipping accounted for nothing, he didn't pressure Palpatine in the least minus a few expressions of exertion. Palpatine stood still the entire time they fought, while Yoda went 110% and still was sent flying.

carthage
Originally posted by Lord Stark
False. Yoda reflected palpatine's lightning then there was an explosion. The only reason Yoda fell and Palpatine didn't (barely he still almost fell) was because of positioning.

"and as the little green freak fell, finally, above, the victorious
shadow became once again only Palpatine: a very old, very tired
man, gasping for air as he leaned on the pod's rail."

Palpatine was clearly exhausted at this point. The two of them are equals.

You can keep repeating that until your blue in the face. Yoda lost, barely stalemated Palps in sabers, and was sent flying because he couldn't fully absorb his lightning. I am not interested in the ROTS novelization, as its contradicted by the film.

Based
Which is completely irrelevant because Yoda still lost the fightthumb up . There is another problem with that too, Sidious said he waited a "long time for this". Any problem with that is due to Lucas.

Sidious' goal was to kill Yoda. He didn't. No one won that fight.

Galan007
Yoda BEAT Palpatine in sabers and reflected ALL of his force-attacks back at him. srsly

As I said above: The difference between them was marginal at best, but Yoda came out looking better than Palps overall. Keep trolling, though. thumb up

carthage
How is it trolling? You're restating something that never even occurred. I also didn't claim the power differential between them is substantial, I only stated that Yoda lost which seems to get all of you flustered for some reason.

Yoda lost this isn't up for debate. Your concession is accepted though

Galan007
Your concession is accepted though Over the years I've found that it takes a special type of idiot to seriously type such a childish response in a debate. You seem to fit the bill nicely, though. Keep up the hard work. thumb up

Also, everything I've stated occurred in either the film or official script(the highest forms of canonicity in existence.) Yoda disarmed/beat Palps in sabers, and proceeded to reflect all of his force-attacks back at him. ie. Yoda came out of that battle looking better than Palps overall. Be mad. thumb up

carthage
Except that the script i,e novelization handily contradicts the movie on multiple fronts. Its useless to use it as its contradicted actively by what eyes can see.

If Yoda did so well then why did he not budge Palpatine anymore with sabers? All he did was flip around like a ***** and was sent running. He lost the fight, lol. You're arguing on nothing.

Galan007
Lol, you're a legit moron. Not wasting any more of my time picking you apart.

You may have the last word that you so desperately crave... I wash my hands of this idiocy. Stay mad. thumb up

carthage
Nothing to pick apart because you have no case.

Like I said your concession is accepted

Take your own advice, dismissed.

Based
Originally posted by Galan007
Lol, you're a legit moron. Not wasting any more of my time picking you apart.

You may have the last word that you so desperately crave... I wash my hands of this idiocy. Stay mad. thumb up

DARTH POWER
Except that the script i,e novelization handily contradicts the movie on multiple fronts. Its useless to use it as its contradicted actively by what eyes can see.

If Yoda did so well then why did he not budge Palpatine anymore with sabers? All he did was flip around like a ***** and was sent running. He lost the fight, lol. You're arguing on nothing.

The script is not the novelization dumb ass. The script was written by Lucas and is pretty much exactly the same as the film but more in depth. Ever wonder where Sidious' s saber disappeared to? He got disarmed by Yoda in the Sword fight. That's where it went.

Emperordmb
That's cute.
This is what pisses me off about debating with you. You write off everything a character you don't like does in the most mocking way possible to belittle them.

NewGuy01

Lord Stark

^Sorry bro. The Script is G-canon, just as canon as the movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.