Wedge Antilles?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
http://www.digitalspy.ca/movies/news/a570609/star-wars-7-wedge-antilles-actor-declines-boring-return.html#~oEicAbHOnuTkXA

Is he too proud or something? Too bad he wont show up, even though people liked him for his few small scenes in the OT....

queeq

Sith Master X
Reading that article though, it does irk me the "I'm too good for this" attitude some of these actors take.

Don't get me wrong, the guy has every right to turn it down. You just think he would be more humble about it instead "oh, this is going to bore me."

He was a part of something that turned out to be bigger than anyone ever expected. If that were me, I'd have been thankful to be a part of it honestly.

I'm actually quite surprised Harrison Ford is involved at all after he spent years trashing Han Solo's character. Guess people will do anything if the price is right.
Or maybe he turned over a new leaf about SW.

Rant of the day....check. wink

queeq
Good rant though!

JediRobin23
Yeah. It was kinda weird that they even considered to put him in for sw7 for a small cameo type role. Jj May trying to hard to bring back the OT atmosphere, when he probably shouldn't to an extent. To make sw7 a success, in my opinion, is to have some great aspects from the originals, but also needs to wow us for something never been done that is special.....

queeq
I agree, he needs to make SW move forward and not just linger on nostalgia. That is where Super 8 and ST:ID failed miserably.

JediRobin23
yeah, Might be too much to ask....no pressure....
We expected alot from the PT....if you recall

Heres a clip from Lucas after he retired

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54xWQPq0fuk

I've found that Lucas always has something strong (relevant) to say. He's got some good points, but I cant help to think that this relates to his accomplishments of star wars, and perhaps what it is now...

queeq

Sith Master X
They released a letter Abrams wrote to all the actors on Episode 7 today.

Based on reading that, it seems like his heart is really into delivering a great film.

I have a good feeling about it, but I'm still keeping my expectations in check.

At the end of the day, I will be perfectly happy with a movie that entertains. Doesn't need to change my life.

Time will tell. wink

queeq

JediRobin23
I hear you guys.

This is kinda cool with the muppet.

http://youtu.be/XfNiC9iKM0Q

He does seem to be hinting less cgi..

queeq

JediRobin23
The alien muppet looks sleepy. Can barely keep his eyes open

queeq
It's warm out there.

So we get yet another set of Tatooine scenes you think? I wonder why...

JediRobin23
Yeah really, must be something new. Luke's home got destroyed, Jabbas dead. Although, Luke's grandma shmis grave is probably still there. Not sure if uncle Owen or ante Beru got a grave.....

Maybe Luke took up pod racing if they still do it....but that would be kinda lame for an old man

Or hang out at cantina.....

Or Luke goes back to pick up a t16 and bullseyes some Wamprats using the force to be super accurate

queeq

PTforthewin
They need to make a movie about wedge Antilles and use all of the OT technology from the 70's no cgi

queeq

JediRobin23
well, I'm not going to pay money to watch a Wedge Antilles movie....That is ridiculous...
It might have been cool to have him in the new movies...but, every other character related to star wars no where near denied being a part of SW7...
Wedge can kiss my a$s for being that way.......

queeq
Wedge is hardly a crucial character. He always was a cameo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.