Cyclops vs. Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkRaiden
Starting Distance: 20 Meters
Standard Gear
In Character
Morals On
Pre-52 Deathstroke

Argument for Cyclops:
http://www.warwithwords.com/?p=396

Argument for Deathstroke:
http://www.warwithwords.com/?p=399

The Leader of the X-Men vs. The #1 Assassin in DC. Who wins?

cdtm
Standard gear for Slade stiill includes projectile weapons, right?

Morals on....? Scotts not above killing, I don't believe..

pym-ftw
Nope, Scott kills him.

God Cloth Seiya
Morals on.

cdtm
Gotta have morals. If the past decade of X writing didn't prove Scott doesn't have any, AvsX sure did.

DarkRaiden
Originally posted by cdtm
Standard gear for Slade stiill includes projectile weapons, right?

Morals on....? Scotts not above killing, I don't believe..

Yeah, guns and even some throwing weapons IIRC.

Vanguard
Slade.

Armor would protect him.

pym-ftw
From a prolonged blast?

ZebusKing
War with Words makes some of the most stupid arguments I've ever seen.

That said, I'd wager Slade shooting Scott in the head before he could do anything.

pym-ftw
Before opening his eyes?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Before opening his eyes? Put in the same body Cyke's pew pews would happen a lot quicker than firing a gun. What with the lightspeed beams and the aiming with the eyes. Not to mention how wide they are and there is currently an anaconda surrounding any beam.

With that being said, Bendis and Greg Land have completely ruined my opinion on Biclops. Deathstroke blows his face off.

ZebusKing
Exactly

Vanguard
New 52 Slade takes this

namorsubby
Slade

pym-ftw
How does slade get around the beam?

namorsubby
Evasion.

pym-ftw
In a featureless environment? Lol.

namorsubby
He's already dodged laser beams, Starfires beams, etc. He doesn't need to take cover to evade cyke.

Silent Master
In a featureless environment? Lol.

He ignores the fact that Scott can fire wide angle blasts.

namorsubby
You ignore the fact that he regularly doesn't.

Silent Master
Originally posted by namorsubby
You ignore the fact that he regularly doesn't.

So your argument is that Slade can evade Scott's blasts, just so long as Scott isn't trying to actually hit him.

pym-ftw
Are you talking about Current Scott, he's pretty cold.

Silent Master
Are you talking about Current Scott, he's pretty cold.

He's talking about his version of Scott.

JabberWaki
Are they in a populated area? Morals on I doubt Scott is going to open wide and risk killing everyone in vicinity, unless Cyke is a bad guy now. I haven't been able to keep up with All New Xmen because Marvel Digital is 4-6 months behind the shelf.

If they're in a deserted area though..

pym-ftw
Un-specified locations are assumed to be featureless environments.

Just think the hyperbolic time chamber from DBZ.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Silent Master
So your argument is that Slade can evade Scott's blasts, just so long as Scott isn't trying to actually hit him. no. Just as long as he doesn't shoot goml type blasts that cover large areas(which rarely happens) and fights like he usually does.

Existere
Well, current Scott is all about the huge range, little control blasts. He also has more control of the angle and intensity of the blasts than Starfire or random laser fire, and with greater accuracy.

Cyclops wins.

eaebiakuya
Cyclop wins.

"Cyclops only lose if fight dumb" thread...

namorsubby
Slade could still evade any beam cyke normally shoots.

-Pr-
Cyclops has no problem using wide blasts (not GOML ones), or scatter shots when he needs to. If he thought he wasn't going to hit Slade with a normal blast, and he was still alive, I really don't see why he wouldn't use them.

It's certainly in character to use them.

Silent Master
no. Just as long as he doesn't shoot goml type blasts that cover large areas(which rarely happens) and fights like he usually does.

IOW, Slade wins as long as Cyke doesn't use his abilities like he's been shown to in the comics?

namorsubby
Cyke using an all area encompassing wide angle blast to hit Slade seems highly unlikely except as a last ditch effort. 9/10 he'll be incapacitated before he realizes he's not going to hit him with anything else IMO.

long pig
Before opening his eyes?
Yes. Shade could kill him Before the electrical impulse from his brain makes it to cyclops eyes . Just likely he did beastboy.

Silent Master
Lol!!!

namorsubby
It's hilarious because we all know Slade doesn't have vastly superior reflexes and reaction time in comparison to human levels......no wait..... he does.

Silent Master
Last I checked the starting distance was .5 kilometers and Slade doesn't start the fight with his finger on the trigger and weapon pointed at Scott.

namorsubby
I've seen Slade move across an area disabling multiple superhumans of varying levels of superhuman reflexes before that could react.....on several occasions. I'm not sure why it's hard to believe they he could evade Cyclops long enough to put him down more often than not. Scott may have great control of the width and precision of his beam, but imo Slade reacts about twelve steps ahead of him at his most swift.

pym-ftw
You have feats of Current Slade moving .5km in the open without being seen, and that person is not a fodder goon?

Existere
I've seen Slade move across an area disabling multiple superhumans of varying levels of superhuman reflexes before that could react.....on several occasions. I'm not sure why it's hard to believe they he could evade Cyclops long enough to put him down more often than not. Scott may have great control of the width and precision of his beam, but imo Slade reacts about twelve steps ahead of him at his most swift. lol k

namorsubby
You guys are very funny.

Slade moves much faster than cyclops, who has human reflexes. He can anticipate and move before cyke aims and shoots. Accept this as fact or deny it. I do not care.

DarkSaint85
Wait, Cyclops doesn't just open his eyes to fire his blasts, his hand has to open the visor etc, right? Or at least, he still has to control them somehow.

So this comparison is moot, as they are starting on a level playing field. Cyclops isn't standing there, hand on visor, ready to GOML as soon as the bell goes, and Deathstroke isn't standing there with his finger on the trigger.

Not to mention, Cyclops might not even hit DS.

pym-ftw
Scott doesn't need to push a button anymore he can just will it open the new costume doesn't seen to have buttons at all, though I could be wrong on the latter.

Also Scott post AvX doesn't shoot straight beams anymore they are far more erratic sprays wrapped loosely around the central beam like a combination of Scott's & Havok's.

DarkSaint85
Scott doesn't need to push a button anymore he can just will it open the new costume doesn't seen to have buttons at all, though I could be wrong on the latter.

Also Scott post AvX doesn't shoot straight beams anymore they are far more erratic sprays wrapped loosely around the central beam like a combination of Scott's & Havok's.

God, do you know how difficult it is to actually find in Google a pic of MArvel NOW Cyclops firing his beams??

I seem to recall Cyclops NOW! no longer has his control over his blasts, and gets tired quickly. And also holds back because of his lack of control.

Sure, an argument could be made that he wouldn't EVENTUALLY hold back against DS, but by then he'd be shot.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wait, Cyclops doesn't just open his eyes to fire his blasts, his hand has to open the visor etc, right? Or at least, he still has to control them somehow.

So this comparison is moot, as they are starting on a level playing field. Cyclops isn't standing there, hand on visor, ready to GOML as soon as the bell goes, and Deathstroke isn't standing there with his finger on the trigger.

Not to mention, Cyclops might not even hit DS.

Cyclops can't do a GOML blast with his visor on. Though Pym is right, the visor reacts to his mind somehow. He doesn't have to press it.

DarkSaint85
@Pym:

This is what I was referring to. He's lost control, no longer will he be bouncing beams about or even able to shoot straight.

http://s2.postimg.org/vba0hxstl/image.jpg

Originally posted by -Pr-
Cyclops can't do a GOML blast with his visor on. Though Pym is right, the visor reacts to his mind somehow. He doesn't have to press it.

You're a mod, what do you know about comics??

-Pr-
@Pym:

This is what I was referring to. He's lost control, no longer will he be bouncing beams about or even able to shoot straight.

http://s2.postimg.org/vba0hxstl/image.jpg

You're a mod, what do you know about comics??

That's some awful art.

laughing out loud

pym-ftw
@Pym:

http://s2.postimg.org/vba0hxstl/image.jpg Tbf it seems to work bot ways with Cyclops also shooting near goml blasts when trying to hold back.

Idk, I see it edge Scott but if you wanna say DS based on the chance Scott gets a crap blast I can't blame you.

DarkSaint85
Tbf it seems to work bot ways with Cyclops also shooting near goml blasts when trying to hold back.

Idk, I see it edge Scott but if you wanna say DS based on the chance Scott gets a crap blast I can't blame you.

thumb up I can live with that. Although I still reckon his new found reticence with the blasts would give DS the first shot.

StiltmanFTW
@Pym:

Sometimes he's not able to fire at all, like in the team-up with Cap vs. Doombots.

Existere
You guys are very funny.

Slade moves much faster than cyclops, who has human reflexes. He can anticipate and move before cyke aims and shoots. Accept this as fact or deny it. I do not care. Liar.

You care.

DarkSaint85
You have feats of Current Slade moving .5km in the open without being seen, and that person is not a fodder goon?

Also, just to point out, this is pre 52 Slade.

carver9
Wait a minute...I thought Cyclops was healed from that issue he had going on with his optic blast shooting out of control? I thought Jean healed him?

namorsubby
Originally posted by Existere
Liar.

You care. Maybe a little. cry

MARVEListheBEST
Originally posted by Vanguard
Slade.

Armor would protect him.

from a laser to the face? i think not sir!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.