Godzilla(2014) runs the Kaiju/Jaeger gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
1.Knifehead
2.Cherno Alpha
3Crimson Typhoon
4.Leatherback
5.Otachi
6.Slattern
7.Gipsy Danger

Fight is in New York.

quanchi112
So before the first day is even over the movie is released you make a thread already.

laughing out loud

Estacado
quan go back to watching crappy potter.....

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
quan go back to watching crappy potter..... Give people a chance to see the thing, nerd. I will see it tonight and I have high expectations.

Love me some Godzilla.

Estacado
Some people have already seen it....
Anyways dont expect to much Zilla...sad

quanchi112
Some people have already seen it....
Anyways dont expect to much Zilla...sad Very few.

I don't expect to see too much since they have been out in the open that less is better philosophy with regards to Godzilla.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by quanchi112
So before the first day is even over the movie is released you make a thread already.

laughing out loud

is that your new special quan-she rule? movies are only admissible on the day after their release?

quanchi112
Originally posted by focus4chumps
is that your new special quan-she rule? movies are only admissible on the day after their release? No, but I am saying it won't get many replies since most people don't get to see it right away. I will see it today. Then again I'm better than most people. I don't want to keep responding or else you'll accuse me of stalking you.

focus4chumps
since you have no authority then, maybe you should (in your benevolence) allow people to express their opinions on the topic.

then you can attack them in your typical fashion and feel better about your miserable existence. try it out smile

Robtard

laughing out loud

You recently made a thread with Edge of Tomorrow and Jupiter Ascending characters in it. Make an ass of yourself much?

Zack Fair
Godzilla wtf stomps the gauntlet.

Impediment
I haven't even seen Godzilla and I'm pretty confident that he stomps (literally) on all Jaegers.

Estacado
Height difference is not that much Gypsy is 260 while Zilla is 350.

quanchi112
since you have no authority then, maybe you should (in your benevolence) allow people to express their opinions on the topic.

then you can attack them in your typical fashion and feel better about your miserable existence. try it out smile Quit stalking me.

marwash22
Height difference is not that much Gypsy is 260 while Zilla is 350. a building length difference is kind of a big deal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
You recently made a thread with Edge of Tomorrow and Jupiter Ascending characters in it. Make an ass of yourself much? Originally posted by quanchi112
Live action films only. All characters from these following films/franchises

1. Star Trek
2. Star Wars
3. Riddick
4. Elysium
5. Predator
6. Aliens
7. Total Recall
8. Blade Runner
9. Oblivion (Tom Cruise film)
10. Jupiter Ascending (we'd have to wait until July)WAIT UNTIL JULY, DUMMY
11. Edge of Tomorrow (wait until June)WAIT UNTIL JUNE, IDIOT
12. Robocop
13. Terminator
14. Elysium
15. Demolition Man

I will be represent Khan from Into Darkness if anyone is interested in stepping into the arena with me to shut me up. Everyone else is fair game.

I can always count on your tiny brain to start making things up. Forget the notes about we can't debate the characters until the months they come out. Just hit those chest exercises, slopey.

laughing out loud

Robtard
I can always count on you making an ass of yourself after I make a post smile

Your "notes" are irrelevant, you both made threads with charactes in movies that haven't come out yet(which is fine, as people will comment as they see the films). Cry more. Make a bigger ass of yourself smile

Estacado
Originally posted by marwash22
a building length difference is kind of a big deal.
I was just kidding 40 m lenght is indeed a huge difference.
Also Zilla has atomic breath

Impediment
Height difference is not that much Gypsy is 260 while Zilla is 350.

True, but I'm willing to bet that G has more maneuverability and center of gravity. Also, 100+ feet and more weight/leverage plus his tail makes a lot of difference.

quanchi112
I can always count on you making an ass of yourself after I make a post smile

Your "notes" are irrelevant, you both made threads with charactes in movies that haven't come out yet(which is fine, as people will comment as they see the films). Cry more. Make a bigger ass of yourself smile I am trying to have a Sci if battlezone tourney later this summer you idiot. No one is even really debating in the thread. I listed the films as later options this summer. You didn't comprehend it was a tourney idea with options. You thought it was a hey lets debate this right now thread. You aren't smart. Remember the teachers teach. Just sit back and buy stuff for your kids. Don't go trying to think now ya hear.

Robtard
TL'DR. Do keep crying cos you tried to be an ass to Estacado for making a Godzilla thread and it backfired, Quano smile

Lestov16
Slattern is almost 600 feet tall. Can Godzilla overcome him?

quanchi112
TL'DR. Do keep crying cos you tried to be an ass to Estacado for making a Godzilla thread and it backfired, Quano smile I didn't create a thread to argue the characters I created a later battlezone tourney to see if anyone's interested. I hope I didn't use too many characters. I know your brain can't handle too much too fast.

smile

focus4chumps
I am trying to have a Sci if battlezone tourney later this summer you idiot. No one is even really debating in the thread. I listed the films as later options this summer. You didn't comprehend it was a tourney idea with options. You thought it was a hey lets debate this right now thread. You aren't smart. Remember the teachers teach. Just sit back and buy stuff for your kids. Don't go trying to think now ya hear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/wnnJdN9_zpsc0e07502.gif

Robtard
I didn't create a thread to argue the characters I created a later battlezone tourney to see if anyone's interested. I hope I didn't use too many characters. I know your brain can't handle too much too fast.

smile Stop crying already. Or at least cry on topic, if you insist on crying over Godzilla.

ares834
Originally posted by Lestov16

And weighs like only 6000 tons. Dude is pretty much made of Styrofoam.

quanchi112
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/wnnJdN9_zpsc0e07502.gif That is what I keep telling, slopey. Maybe Robbie will listen to you.

quanchi112
Stop crying already. Or at least cry on topic, if you insist on crying over Godzilla. I figured it was too many characters for you. I knew you wouldn't read it. Just go work out your chest again. All this thinking has got you acting CRAZY!!!!

Robtard
I figured it was too many characters for you. I knew you wouldn't read it. Just go work out your chest again. All this thinking has got you acting CRAZY!!!!

Stop crying already. Or at least cry on topic, if you insist on crying over Godzilla.

Estacado
Gipsy easily burned through Slattern though...

quanchi112
Stop crying already. Or at least cry on topic, if you insist on crying over Godzilla. Going to see it later. I can't debate it since I haven't seen it. Not the same as my tourney thread. At all. laughing out loud

Your brain makes me giggle.

Robtard
Continuing to derail this thread while name dropping his "tourney" thread in hopes people will go there and post, you're a shameless attention whore.

thumb up reported thumb up

playa1258
I'm seeing this tonight at 10 pacific time. Will give me report when I get back.

Lestov16
Try to take note of the yield of the nukes used

playa1258
I will try and remember. Looking forward to the film.

quanchi112
Continuing to derail this thread while name dropping his "tourney" thread in hopes people will go there and post, you're a shameless attention whore.

thumb up reported thumb up Inside your head. You brought it up.

Just got back from seeing the film.

I will have to watch Pacifim Rim again. Much closer than what people thought by the previews that is for sure.

KingD19
I'd say Godzilla wins. Some of them give him a good fight, but damn he's the King of Monsters for a reason.

Just saw it, amazing movie too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
I'd say Godzilla wins. Some of them give him a good fight, but damn he's the King of Monsters for a reason.

Just saw it, amazing movie too. He is the king of the monsters in his film not all monsters from all films. Some of his opponents aren't even monsters as well here.

I highly recommend people don't read on since I will be debating the film from the next post on.

KingD19
King.

Of.

Monsters.

Lestov is right, the yield of the nukes they used is an important factor.

Godzilla wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
King.

Of.

Monsters.

Lestov is right, the yield of the nukes they used is an important factor.

Godzilla wins. Godzilla was painstakingly slow and was overwhelmed when the two beasts he faced.

He is only king of the monsters in his own universe. This doesn't apply to other fictional universes.

Impediment
Please use spoilers, everyone. Some of us have yet to see this movie.

That goes for EVERYONE.

ares834
Godzilla burns them all with his atomic breath.

theTANTALIZER
I was wondering if 2014 Godzilla has regenerative abilities?

Zack Fair
True Godzilla had trouble when facing the 2 Kaiju, but he won't be facing a tag team. This is a gauntlet. I just found him so ridiculously massive and impressive I see him tearing apart the Jaegars. Plus dat Atomic Breath.

KingD19
Originally posted by theTANTALIZER
I was wondering if 2014 Godzilla has regenerative abilities?

He seems to, as both Papa Muto and Mama Muto stabbed him dozens of times a piece. The dad even did a belly splash with his talons pointed down. He was also bitten and mauled several times and impaled when they finally got him on the ground. Yet when he woke up and left in the end, you couldn't see any wounds, just dried blood.

Impediment
Saw it. Loved it.

Godzilla wins 8/10.

quanchi112
Godzilla wins.

TH3_V01D
Quanchi is really an idiot

quanchi112
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
Quanchi is really an idiot Based on ?

Epicurus
Stops at 6.

Epicurus
And a heck of a lot tougher. Withstood a 1.2 megaton nuke point blank to the face. A similar weapon would have ended Goji and the MUTOs.

Estacado
^
What you are saying is pretty much speculation....
Also Gipsy's thruster easily burned through Slattern...

Lestov16
But it's just as speculative that they could have tanked that blast. None of the human weaponry used on the monsters was beyond that used on the Kaiju. They even said in the film that while they absorb radiation, they probably wouldn't withstand the massive kinetic energy of the nuke. The speculation can go either way.

Estacado
That's true....still doesnt change the fact that Slattern easily got burned by Gipsy.

Lestov16
Gypsy withstood a megaton nuke blast underwater, and the thrusters overcame atmospheric reentry, so it's no slouch, and again, we don't know how it will affect the monsters. We don't know the exact nature or temperature of the atomic breath, because it was literally used only on the mutos. Gypsy's thrusters could be hotter. We don't know for certain.

Estacado
Gipsy got torn apart up by lvl 3 Kaiju in the 1st part of the movie and by the other 2 guys under the ocean.
Using the nuke as an example is kinda bad unless you say both have bigger power out put then the bomb.

ares834
Originally posted by Epicurus
And a heck of a lot tougher. Withstood a 1.2 megaton nuke point blank to the face. A similar weapon would have ended Goji and the MUTOs.

Not at all. Despite what one soldier claims, nukes with megaton yields were "tested" by America on Bikini island in 1954. And we see Godzilla see hit by one of the Bikini island nukes in 1954.

Lestov16
If they say in the film only kiloton nukes were used, then in the Godzilla verse, that is what happened. You can't bring reality into this to supersede film dialogue.

ares834
Considering it is meant to be "our" reality, I don't see why not.

Edit: Anyway, Godzilla is far more massive than Slattern. And his Atomic Breath will wreck havoc on her.

Lestov16
Pretty sure our reality doesn't have MUTOS, and please prove the atomic breath has the temperature or kinetic energy of a megaton nuke blast.

ares834
Considering how Gypsy wrecked it with a blast and with its sword, I don't see it withstanding Godzilla's nuclear fire any better.

Lestov16
Proof that the atomic breath is more powerful than the thrusters or sword?

ares834
Where did I say it was more powerful than either?

Estacado
Proof that the atomic breath is more powerful than the thrusters or sword?
Prove that it isn't.uhuh

Lestov16
You're saying that Godzilla's atomic breath can do what a megaton nuke could not. The onus is on you to prove that. And Slattern may have smaller mass, but he's taller and far more agile.

Epicurus
Originally posted by ares834
Not at all. Despite what one soldier claims, nukes with megaton yields were "tested" by America on Bikini island in 1954. And we see Godzilla see hit by one of the Bikini island nukes in 1954.
Movie explicitly mentions that kiloton weapons were used on Goji. I doubt that you can somehow change movie canon by citing real life incidents.

Epicurus
Prove that it isn't.uhuh
Negative-proof-fallacy.

Q99
We saw '14 G's fire not do all that much to the outside of fMuto. Slattern's raw size gives it some defense too, and '14 G isn't as regen-y/tough as Heisei or Final Wars G.

Slattern can likely stop him, but no-one else could.

Estacado
Originally posted by Q99
We saw '14 G's fire not do all that much to the outside of fMuto. Slattern's raw size gives it some defense too, and '14 G isn't as regen-y/tough as Heisei or Final Wars G.

Slattern can likely stop him, but no-one else could.
To be fair his atomic breath instantly grounded the female muto he just stopped attacking after that.

Also Slattern got fried by Gypsy's thrusters.

Lestov16
It still withstood a megaton nuke. The only possible inferences is that either the megaton nuke weakened it to the point that the thrusters were able to affect it, or that the thrusters are hotter than a megaton nuke, both of which are possible. Either way, it takes at least a megaton to put down Slattern, and nothing suggests that Godzilla's atomic breath is that powerful.

Q99

Also Slattern got fried by Gypsy's thrusters.

Not thrusters, sustained exposure to the atomic turbine at point blank (and that *is* designed to be used as a weapon, btw, it was used in the prequel comic. In short it's something of a desperation move weapon since it uses up so much power that if it doesn't end it, you're screwed. Well, that and pretty much requiring hugging range!).

Though speaking of it's thruster potential, it not only stopped but temporarily reversed a fall *from space*.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.