Revan vs. Reborn Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Peak Revan vs. Peak Krayt

Force, sabers, all out

DarthAnt66
If Krayt has Essence Transfer, he can probably take this, but only to be mortally scared in his injuries and blood. Real close fight. thumb up
Anakin, Revan, Malgus, Krayt, and Vader I put in all honestly as equals.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
If Krayt has Essence Transfer, he can probably take this, but only to be mortally scared in his injuries and blood. Real close fight. thumb up
How does Krayt win with Essence Transfer? I highly doubt he can overcome Revan's will.

NewGuy01
I was thinking of this one last night, actually. Really a good fight no matter how you look at it IMHO.

I think I'm going to favor Krayt, though.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
How does Krayt win with Essence Transfer? I highly doubt he can overcome Revan's will.
*Dark Transfer
I'm not an expert on Dark Transfer, so perhaps you can explain, but I always viewed it as if Krayt touches Revan, Revan is done.

NewGuy01
Anyway, my vote is with Darth Krayt.

According to Jacen, he was Luke's dark counterpart on the Throne of Balance, and he was also a Jedi General in the Clone Wars and "has defeated thousands of opponents since then". He was even capable of making all Sith in the galaxy aware of his presence, something even Luke in the Dark Nest Crisis could only due with extreme effort.

His strength is such that he can lift Cade by the neck with a single arm, and punch holes into Abeloth. Not only that, but he was faster than Cade (Who could dodge dozens of blaster bolts, produce afterimages, and create afterglows behind his blade) and even with diminished health he speedblitzed a group of Imperial Knights. His physical traits were stated to be increased by the experimentation of the Yuuzahn Vong.

Krayt had mastery of many of the dark arts, as well. He could induce terrible visions to break his opponents, inducing illusions on even Skywalker level opponents. He even had the greatest form of Dark Healing, his Dark Transfer ability--Which he used to revive both himself and Cade from the brink of death. He could also use this technique to dismantle anything he can grip with his hands, including living beings.

His lightning has been shown to be strong enough to damage Abeloth, as well as instantly kill a squadron of Yuuzahn Vong and Tu'kata. His Telekinetic showings also include collapsing walls, sending Cade flying, rag-dolling Darth Nihl casually, etc. He was highly proficient with Drain as well, using it to suck away the life force of both Abeloth and Luke to an at least urgent level of severity. He was also skilled with Tutaminis, being able to absorb Wyyrlok's full powered lightning with one hand. (Wyyrlok's lightning was powerful enough to decimate two stone collumns.)

Darth Krayt has already established his skill in his fights as a Jedi against both Aurra Sing and Obi-Wan Kenobi, though he would accomplish greater feats as a Sith Lord. Examples of this is are him defeating Emperor Roan Fel's cousin and personal bodyguard in three strikes, and later overpowering Cade and Wyyrlok in a lightsaber duel with only one of his twin blades. This paired with his combat experience makes him a deadly foe to behold.

Krayt wears Yuuzhan Vong Vonduun Crab Armor, which is a lightsaber-repellant plate that covers a large portion of his body, making harming him in combat a difficult task. He also owns a large wealth of Sith knowledge, very similarly to Darth Bane. Also very similarly to Darth Bane, Krayt has a high pain tolerance--Being shot in the back by a canon and shrugging it off, and enduring the embrace of pain several times during his captivation at the hands of the Yuuzahn Vong.

Alright, now I'm rambling a bit so I'm going to stop it here. It's a close fight, but I think Krayt is stronger than Revan tbh.

Nephthys
Yeah, the only areas I'd say Revan has the advantage in are Tutaminis and TK. Krayt would beat Revan.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, the only areas I'd say Revan has the advantage in are Tutaminis and TK. Krayt would beat Revan.
And Intelligence and Precognition.

Nephthys
Revan Reborn is kind of a dumbass.

DarthAnt66
TOR or Novel?

Nephthys
Both.

DarthAnt66
When in the Novel? :/

Nephthys
He just runs in to attack Vitiate without the slightest hint of a real plan. Military genius of the month, that guy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarthAnt66
No, rushing Vitiate was his plan. Otherwise, Vitiate would have the time to summon a FLS, etc.

Nephthys
That's not a plan, that's common sense. A real plan would be if he crashed a capital ship into his throne room or came up with any kind of strategic advantage to help him beat the guy he knows is way more powerful than he is.

Revan acted like freaking Anakin and just ran at him with his lightsaber. Pathetic.

DarthAnt66

Revan acted like freaking Anakin and just ran at him with his lightsaber. Pathetic.
1. He's still stated to be one of the most intelligent generals ever.
2. He still beat the Mandos and crushed the Republic.
3. The charging with a lightsaber works with Anakin a lot after AOTC.

PTforthewin
Krayt, revan is a joke

Lord Stark
When in the Novel? :/

>Successfully bats Vitiate's lightning away with his lightsaber
>Puts his lightsaber away to deflect Force Storm.

NewGuy01
That's because he knew there was no chance of him being able to stop Vitiate's FLS with his saber.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's because he knew there was no chance of him being able to stop Vitiate's FLS with his saber.

Eh, I don't really believe that. Yoda had a far easier time blocking Sidious' lightning with his saber than barehanded.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Eh, I don't really believe that. Yoda had a far easier time blocking Sidious' lightning with his saber than barehanded.

Yea, there's only a few cases where saber blocking isn't superior.

And only a few force-users who can do bare-handed to begin with.

Sinious
That's not a plan, that's common sense. A real plan would be if he crashed a capital ship into his throne room or came up with any kind of strategic advantage to help him beat the guy he knows is way more powerful than he is.

Its not that stupid. What else could he do? He can't gain any advantage when Emperor remains on Dromund Kass so he had to just take his chances. He had companions too so that might have encouraged him as well.

Darth _Sadow1
I definitely think that this is a really close match. Darth Krayt is definitely powerful, but so is Revan. They also both have similar accomplishments, creating an empire that is a threat to the republic. I think that the fight would be a long one, but since this is peak Revan with his memories restored (I assume that it is what you mean by 'peak') I think that it might be enough for Revan to pull the win.

Q99
I think Krayt's peak is a bit higher, personally- or at least, he'd gone through more explicit power increases.

And btw, maps of their respective empires- Revan's, Krayt's.

Nephthys
Is there a map for the swtor era?

DarthAnt66
No, because no one likes the swtor era.

PTforthewin
That must really be sad for you ant

Nephthys
Nevermind, I found one.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100704033818/swtor/images/b/bb/800px-Treaty_of_Coruscant_borders.jpg

Q99
Going by that map, the Sith had more total inhabited space (the stuff on the far left is unexplored and uncolonized), but the Republic holds most of the core so still likely holds a population edge.

Is there a map for the swtor era?

It started after the Official Atlas was made (by 2 years), and even when the Essential Guide to Warfare's writing was finished (game release in December, EGtW came out in April, so it was too late to even have it in).

It's late-comer status means almost none of the general-overview stuff covers it, only the Reader's companion really does.

NewGuy01
Anyway, my vote is still for Darth Krayt in a good fight.

DarthAnt66
Just "good"?

Q99
An "awesome" fight?

ILS
Bump

DarthAnt66
Battle destroys the cosmos.

Marco1907
Revan dies.

Nephthys
Revan Reborn is kind of a dumbass.

I stand by this.

Arhael
1. He's still stated to be one of the most intelligent generals ever.
2. He still beat the Mandos and crushed the Republic.
3. The charging with a lightsaber works with Anakin a lot after AOTC.
1. Anakin in one of the TCW episodes outwitted the most intelligent tactition of separatists at the time in a ship battle. Being intelligent general does not translates into wise combatant.

2. Right. A single planet of Mandalorians vs entire freaking Republic, what are the odes. Revan's resources vastly outstripped Mando's and his decision making was needlessly merciless. Out of curiosity, is it actually stated anywhere that Revan is one of the most intelligent generals "ever"? As of against Republic. Got caught and mind ****ed. Having a star forge producing unlimited amount of weaponry, not a big achievement.

3. Anakin is most powerful and capable Force user to ever live, he can afford to. Revan is not, not even close.

DarthAnt66
Above me is arguably the funniest thing I ever read that was meant to be serious. Adding it to my bio once I get home.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Arhael
1. Anakin in one of the TCW episodes outwitted the most intelligent tactition of separatists at the time in a ship battle. Being intelligent general does not translates into wise combatant.

2. Right. A single planet of Mandalorians vs entire freaking Republic, what are the odes. Revan's resources vastly outstripped Mando's and his decision making was needlessly merciless. Out of curiosity, is it actually stated anywhere that Revan is one of the most intelligent generals "ever"? As of against Republic. Got caught and mind ****ed. Having a star forge producing unlimited amount of weaponry, not a big achievement.

3. Anakin is most powerful and capable Force user to ever live, he can afford to. Revan is not, not even close.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-thumbsup.gif

DarthAnt66
So much win. Anakin>Thrawn tbh.

Nephthys
Anakin > Luke, Sidious and Bandon.

Nephthys
I'm sorry, I just took that too far. sad

NewGuy01

I agree. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Stop trolling Sasukedc.

DarthAnt66
I'm sorry, I just took that too far. sad
How dare you defy Bandon, Jedi filth.

Revanchiste

The problem with anakin is that he need to be pushed to his limit to be good.... Because he truly lack of training.... (And that's sometime disapoint Obiwan)
His feat are most of the time piloting and saving everyone !

If you count the operation Knighttfall etc.. I just say that's not him that's Pre-suit vader.

Yhea because in TWC anakin and obiwan are fine ! They are... cooperative !!!
I prefer the TWC 2003 they are also cooperative but by a closest way to the moovie I think so....

And Anakin potential reside in force power, but he is train like a Jedi at light saber combat mostly. It's like train you dragofeu (charrizard) with water attack instead of fire attacks !

Anakin> Thrawn.......... WTF? I don't know how do you call that in english but did you have heard de la pince de thrawn? Is this tactic Anakin level?

Next what? SUperior to Revan in tactic?

Revan is more cold mind, and careless about his troop and civilian. He care about civilian but he focus the main victory as alway if you need to just let your fleet get crushed to size an opportunity to end the war now.. He will do it.
If needed he will let the ennemy let crush one of his city to don't inform the nnemy than he had intel on him ! ANd guess what? That's what chcurchill do in the 2nd WW !!!! When great the allies were preparing the europe invasion he let the nazi bomb London instead of military bases.
In the war against the republic... DId you know why he kept the installations intact? Because he know than he can fail and need the republic to be operation in case of true sith empire attacks against the republic !!! He only fail because he was betrayed !!!!! ANd that's malak who fail with the star forge !!!

Revan is a tactician who can see what happen in the entire war, not battle by battle !!!

Revanchiste
Anakin > Luke, Sidious and Bandon.

Pre-suit vader was infeior to sidious HE HAD the potential to surpass sidious... That's different.

Revanchiste

Revan too in this case....

Because this anakin never born, it's just an other vader who could have surpass sidious, but this vader have only the potential, because he die before being this man and be turned into a broken cyborg.

Revan is a force combate master. And a great duellist... Anakin so poor duellist compared to what he could have been.. It's young guy with an extradinary potential in use of the force trained in Light saber combat mostly. And he his too lazy to train himself at the point of beating Yoda at the light saber... SO badly trained... AotC Anakin don't even know how to protect from light saber and we don't see him doing it in Episode III only in TWC but there 40% of chance of being true.. Because there is 60% of being bullshit like ventress back story Grievous fightning kenobi etc etc etc etc etc all about Kenobi ventress analin and grievous in TWC? You wan forget it non canon. BX serie in the other hand --> canon.

Anakin is not Presuit vader.. Does I need to recall this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.