How REALLY excited are you for.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Star Wars episode 7? It seems to me that when it comes to the Star Wars fanbase they're not as optimistic as the average movie audience. I too share a similar opinion with the rest of the fanbase, I think the mainstream audience puts way too much hope on Abhrams and Kasdan.

Tzeentch
I have zero excitement whatsoever. That's not say that I think it'll be shit. There just isn't nearly enough info known about the film for me to have any real opinion one way or another.

Regarding Abrams, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, he is at the very least a competent director, and as well he has a massive amount of love for the franchise, which means it's safe to assume that he's not going to shove irritating characters and CGI-cheese down our throat for the sake of selling toys, or what have you.

On the other hand, he's not exactly a "fantastic" director either, and his fanboyism for the franchise could backfire. I think Star Wars really needs a breath of fresh air in the franchise, with new ideas and new concepts beyond the generic "Rawr jedi vs. bad jedi" nonsense we've had to endure since the prequels. I'm not confident Abrams can deliver on that. Fanboys tend to emulate their objects of obsession, not improve upon.

Lord Stark
Eh not that excited. Then again I wasn't exactly excited for the new Trek Movie (I don't even like or follow Star Trek) but was pleasantly surpised.

NewGuy01
As I said on Star Wars Forums, I don't really care. I'm sure when it comes out I will like it. I will show more enthusiasm when we have trailers. As for now just talking about it bores me.

NTJack0
I'm a bit excited, I mean it's Star Wars, but since there is all of zero info on the plot or characters, it's hard to have that child like excitement again like for Episode 3.

Nalaniel
I'm not really excited, because there's not much info about the movie. I hope there won't be as much CGI as in the Prequel Trilogy.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nalaniel
I'm not really excited, because there's not much info about the movie. I hope there won't be as much CGI as in the Prequel Trilogy.

Are you insane? I hope there is Moar CGI.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I have zero excitement whatsoever. That's not say that I think it'll be shit. There just isn't nearly enough info known about the film for me to have any real opinion one way or another.

Regarding Abrams, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, he is at the very least a competent director, and as well he has a massive amount of love for the franchise, which means it's safe to assume that he's not going to shove irritating characters and CGI-cheese down our throat for the sake of selling toys, or what have you.

On the other hand, he's not exactly a "fantastic" director either, and his fanboyism for the franchise could backfire. I think Star Wars really needs a breath of fresh air in the franchise, with new ideas and new concepts beyond the generic "Rawr jedi vs. bad jedi" nonsense we've had to endure since the prequels. I'm not confident Abrams can deliver on that. Fanboys tend to emulate their objects of obsession, not improve upon. thumb up

Abrams choked the Trek reboots with references and fan-service because he felt obliged, I'd say. Perhaps because he didn't know what else to do. I'm worried he'll do the same thing with Star Wars out of his enthusiasm. And I think I'm in more favour of passive lifts from the originals than in enthusiastic lifts. Those could stand out more egregiously.

I've been inundated one way or another with this franchise for almost a decade. The new films just feel like more additions to a mythos I wish had been laid to rest years ago.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Are you insane? I hope there is Moar CGI.

Sarcasm?

Darth Abonis
I'm excited to see the big three on screen again, but I am nervous about the movie itself. I want it to be good.

Fated Xtasy
I'm sort of excited, I mean star trek was actually pretty good(the sequel as well) Abram's not a 'great' director but he's a hell of lot better than Michael Bays and his obsession with 'bewbs and bombs". let's just be thankful it's not Bays or worse Uwe Boll
*shudders

chilled monkey
To be honest I'm not excited at all. I like the Star Wars EU just fine and am still somewhat annoyed at the Sequel Trilogy being made at all. I still consider the EU to be as canon as ever, but even so it still bugs me.

I'm also concerned that the new films may be too heavily influenced by the PT. As I've said before, Luke is not a PT-era Jedi and so he shouldn't act like one. I'm concerned that it'll be like what happened with KOTOR, i.e. they'll ape the PT because they think that's what people expect to see and it doesn't occur to them that people have enough brains to realise that things do change over time, even in fictional settings.

That being said I will most likely watch the new movies when they come out. Perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nalaniel
Sarcasm?

Yes and no. I do really want to see a Battle of Endor esq space battle but in CGI. I do not however care for shit like CGI Jar Jar and Dex though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.