Darth Malak vs Darth Malgus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Darth Malak: Star Forge
Darth Malgus: Deceived

I made this thread to advertise my highly expanded Darth Malak Respect Thread that I have been working on the last couple days (it is not completed though):
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/blog/darth-malak-respect-thread/97104/

Within it you will see lots of new feats, some you probably never seen before, and my new prized accolade:
"Many of the most powerful, terrifying, and notorious Sith Lords through history have been Human or near-Human, including Exar Kun, Darth Malak, Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, and Darth Krayt."
―Behind the Threat: The Sith

Emperordmb
I'm going with Malgus here. I have him as Revan's equal.

DarthAnt66
This is not TOR Malgus.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Darth Malak: Star Forge
Darth Malgus: Deceived

I made this thread to advertise my highly expanded Darth Malak Respect Thread that I have been working on the last couple days (it is not completed though):
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/blog/darth-malak-respect-thread/97104/

Within it you will see lots of new feats, some you probably never seen before, and my new prized accolade:
"Many of the most powerful, terrifying, and notorious Sith Lords through history have been Human or near-Human, including Exar Kun, Darth Malak, Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, and Darth Krayt."
―Behind the Threat: The Sith

Link is 404'd

I dunno, I'm pretty sure the Malak clone defeats the original.

DarthAnt66
Are my links in my signature also 404'd?

Try this one: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-malak-respect-thread/97104/

Emperordmb
This is not TOR Malgus.
My bad. I'll have to think about this one then.

Lord Stark
Is this start of Decieved Malgus or post him killing his waifu?

DarthAnt66
A chapter before he kills his waifu, so he doesn't have his power increase.

Nephthys
Are my links in my signature also 404'd?

Try this one: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-malak-respect-thread/97104/

They all work for me.

DarthAnt66
Okay good.
Tell me what you think of the Malak thread.
Also FWI I updated my Nihilus one too.

Nephthys
Malak only kills one Jedi with lightning. The other one he kills with a saber throw. Its actually more impressive imo because it would mean he was using 3 Force powers at once: choke, lightning and throw.

Also, personally I'm not sure how much stock I would put in the list of his known force powers in the campaign guide. Seems like gameplay mechanics to me.

Otherwise its good. thumb up

You should put links to all of your respect threads in your profile, like I do. You can't fit them all in your signature, but you should have the on hand and accessible.

DarthAnt66
Ah okay, I'll add that. Thanks. smile

All the powers I listed are actual force powers.

Okay, thanks for the suggestion.

Fated Xtasy
hmm, this battle really does depend on one question. are Van Zellow, Kao Cen Dorach and Satale Shan all equal to Revan?

DarthAnt66
No.

Not even close.

No, but this one is more debatable then the others.

Nephthys
Aryn Leneer is close-ish.

And we shouldn't forget that Malak fought Revan after he'd purposefully sent an army after him to wear him down. And Revan beat him multiple times in a row. And this was merely Kotor Revan.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
Aryn Leneer is close-ish.

And we shouldn't forget that Malak fought Revan after he'd purposefully sent an army after him to wear him down. And Revan beat him multiple times in a row.
And Revan was not at his prime.

DarthAnt66
People don't fully appreciate the difference between KotOR Revan and TOR Revan.

KotOR Revan had no knowledge of what Darth Revan knew.
TOR Revan is literally KotOR Revan and Darth Revan combined.
KotOR Revan didn't have the knowledge on any of Revan's Sith Lore knowledge, which was massive. I also doubt he had the same skills at precognition as Darth Revan.

NewGuy01
That Force Push Malak performes in the comics is a pretty good TK feat.

Nephthys
People don't fully appreciate the difference between KotOR Revan and TOR Revan.

KotOR Revan had no knowledge of what Darth Revan knew.
TOR Revan is literally KotOR Revan and Darth Revan combined.
KotOR Revan didn't have the knowledge on any of Revan's Sith Lore knowledge, which was massive. I also doubt he had the same skills at precognition as Darth Revan.

Exactly our point.

Fated Xtasy
No.

Not even close.

No, but this one is more debatable then the others.

Then there's our answer, Look there's no denying Malgus' strength and overall power, But this is SF Malak who's higly amped, so he's obviously got a definitive edge over Malgus, He dueled Revan multiple times(the seven times on the star forge, on the Leviathan and when he was 'rebelling' against Revan) granted it wasn't Revan at his peak, obviously if this was TOR Malgus my answer would be very different, still Malak in no way 'stomps' or 'destroys' Malgus he takes him down In a good fight.

NewGuy01
The problem is that the fact that a significantly weaker version of Revan defeated a heavily amped Malak makes it hard to believe Malak on his own could truly stand up to the likes of Exar Kun or Darth Bane.

DarthAnt66
Or Revan is just that good?

Nephthys
I knew you'd say that.

NewGuy01

Lol, his peak showings simply don't live up to that though.

carthage
Malak gets torn apart.

NewGuy01
Btw, I'm diggin' Alek's red Jedi Robes.

Fated Xtasy

wink

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The problem is that the fact that a significantly weaker version of Revan defeated a heavily amped Malak makes it hard to believe Malak on his own could truly stand up to the likes of Exar Kun or Darth Bane.
Well, this isn't completely true.
Despite TOR Revan now knowing everything Darth Revan did, that doesn't mean he necessary used it all in the fight. He was a Jedi, and didn't use all his unorthodox Force Drain, etc etc Sith attacks, with the exception of FLS in TOR. He was more powerful, just didn't use that extra power. They are still close imo, with the only but notable difference be Revan spent his time mastering the Dark Side again so he can use it alongside the Light Side, which would help his telekinesis and resistance a lot.

NewGuy01
I've said this time and time again, according to Bane--Who learned directly under Darth Revan's own teachings, Force Drain is almost impossible to effectively apply in combat. That is the more likely reason we didn't see Revan using it.

DarthAnt66
Yes, but in the KOTOR era, we see that is not true.
KOTOR is infamous for using Force Drain in combat.

However, that's not the point, and I only used Force Drain as an example.

NewGuy01
Also--I'll restate that a theory I have had in mind is that Revan was also fighting above normal caliber against Malak, as he would be invigorated by Bastila's battle meditation that was effecting the entire battle.

NewGuy01
You mean Darth Nihilus. erm

Kay.

DarthAnt66
No. Bastila specified she would not be aiding Revan in the battle any way possible.

NewGuy01
Nah, she didn't. She said she would help the battle with BM because she believed her assistance wasn't needed with Malak.

Considering her BM was affecting the entire Republic Fleet and Sith Armadda, I don't see the practicality in simply excluding Revan for the lulz.

DarthAnt66
Her BM would also require her to track and focus on predominately Revan while the Star Forge nexus would be clouding her. Her screen she is focusing on is the space battle, not the interior and Revan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.