Revan Reborn (TOR) vs Darth Maul (TPM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers
2. Force
3. H2H
4. Blasters
5. All-Out

Who wins?

(Honestly, I think Revan takes H2H and Force)

carthage
Maul
Revan
Maul
???
Maul with difficulty.

PTforthewin
Maul, Revan just isn't that good

deathslash
1. Revan (wasn't Revan one of the best lightsaber duelists in the entire order during his time?)
2. Revan
3. Maul
4. Revan (I can't even recall Maul having any blaster feats at all)
5. Revan with a good amount of difficulty.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by deathslash
1. Revan (wasn't Revan one of the best lightsaber duelists in the entire order during his time?)
2. Revan
3. Maul
4. Revan (I can't even recall Maul having any blaster feats at all)
5. Revan with a good amount of difficulty.

At his time, there wasn't that many great duelists in terms of Lightsaber Combat :/ Unless TOR plays a factor here, in which case, he single-handedly took on the Sith Strike Team and escaped, and they are the ones who killed Malgus o-o

Emperordmb
Sabers: Maul-focuses more on his saber skills and is around Kenobi's level as a duelist.

Force: Revan- his force abilities are more developed than Maul's, he has more of them, and he uses them more frequently.

Hand To Hand: Maul- Maul is physically superior and has trained in Teras Kasi.

Blasters: Maul- both have experience with blasters, however Maul demonstrated great accuracy wielding one during his raid on the Black Sun. Maul also mastered the use of a lanvarok, which is another ranged weapon.

All-out: Revan- despite me giving most of the edges to Maul, Revan's force superiority more than makes up for their disparity in physical combat, and blasters have absolutely no relevance here.

NewGuy01
1.) Maul, he's faster and stronger, a high level master of multiple forms, has defeated one of the best duelists in the Order's history, and consistently stalemates Obi-Wan Kenobi to boot.

2.) Revan, while their TK is pretty close, Revan has far more combat applicable powers at his disposal from both spectrum's of the Force. Maul can do some cool stuff like gravity manipulation though.

3.) Maul, without a doubt. Revan has displayed some skill in unarmed combat, but Maul is a master of Teras-Kasi and it's a primary focus in his overall fighting style, there are few better than he.

4.) I think Revan could pull through, though if he does it's in a very close fight.

DarthAnt66
Malak vs Maul is a good fight.
Revan vs Maul? Ha. Let's be serious now. It wont' be a crush though.

deathslash
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Sabers: Maul-focuses more on his saber skills and is around Kenobi's level as a duelist.

Force: Revan- his force abilities are more developed than Maul's, he has more of them, and he uses them more frequently.

Hand To Hand: Maul- Maul is physically superior and has trained in Teras Kasi.

Blasters: Maul- both have experience with blasters, however Maul demonstrated great accuracy wielding one during his raid on the Black Sun. Maul also mastered the use of a lanvarok, which is another ranged weapon.

All-out: Revan- despite me giving most of the edges to Maul, Revan's force superiority more than makes up for their disparity in physical combat, and blasters have absolutely no relevance here. wait, I thought we were just using Maul's feats from The Phantom Menace and not his feats from The Clone Wars. Was I wrong in my assumption?

DarthAnt66
Nah, he just doesn't read the description.

NewGuy01
Heh, you've grown rather cocky as of late, Ant.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by deathslash
wait, I thought we were just using Maul's feats from The Phantom Menace and not his feats from The Clone Wars. Was I wrong in my assumption?
which one are you referring to?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah, he just doesn't read the description.

I didn't see Emperor using Clone Wars feats? Regardless the difference between TPM Maul and CW Maul are already practically irrelevant after Restraint.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Heh, you've grown rather cocky as of late, Ant.
Nah, just tired of your "PT is the best" bull lately.
Revan can probably take Maul in sabers alone. His Star Forge feat eclipses anything Maul has ever done.

NewGuy01
That's not it, you were always tired of that. The real reason is because Jack isn't on your tail. laughing

Lol, Shado Vao did the same thing on Korriban.

DarthAnt66
laughing laughing laughing laughing
He did not slaughter 100+ Sith alone. Don't make a joke out of yourself.
To late.

Nephthys
laughing laughing laughing laughing
He did not slaughter 100+ Sith alone.

Alone?

Neither did Revan. wink

DarthAnt66
Never said Revan did.

Though many sources imply it. wink

NewGuy01
And neither did Revan, the description said dozens. rolling on floor laughing

And don't try to make a fool of someone else when you can't even spell the word "too". Seriously, I don't know how you are still messing that up after all this time I've known you.

DarthAnt66
Anyway, I'm looking at the battle.
There was not that much more then a dozen Sith on Korriban.

Nephthys
Never said Revan did.

Though many sources imply it. wink

You implied it.

NewGuy01
You think there were only a dozen Sith in a Sith Temple on Korriban?

Even counting the Sith on-panel there are still over a dozen.

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
You think there were only a dozen Sith in a Sith Temple on Korriban?

Even counting the Sith on-panel there are still over a dozen.
I'll find the scans and check it out.

NewGuy01
I thought you *just* said you were looking at it.

Also though, if you want to talk killing hundreds of Sith at once, check out "Extremes". Cade and Sazen literally take on hundreds on-panel. It's actually somewhat comical, they're on a huge bridge and all you can see from a distance are red lightsabers everywhere.

DarthAnt66
I was looking at the Wookiee description.

What comic? I have them all. piratebay ftw.

NewGuy01
You thug, you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarthAnt66
Okay, found it. Here is the battle from far away on a bridge:
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/cade11.png
And here are additional Sith Forces:
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/cade110.png

On the first scan, four of the fighters are not Sith. That's Antares Draco, Ganner Krieg, Shado Vao, and Marasiah Fel. So theres 9 Sith there. And an additional 5 Sith coming from the second scan.
In total, it's 14 Sith. One of them survives. Revan laughs at them.

NewGuy01
They had already been fighting for a period of time before that bridge panel, they fought their way *to* that bridge. (In fact, they fought to the princess, rescued her, and back to that bridge)

In any case, they killed no less Sith than Revan and his companions did at any single time. Killing hordes of fodder does not equate to outmatching a highly skilled enemy.

DarthAnt66
Okay fine. I will count every Sith they face.
Cover: None
Page 1: None
Page 2: Antares Draco kills 2
-Hypothetically, rest of team defeats the remaining 4 Sith
Page 3: Hot girl. I'll add a Sith since shes smoking like zayummm.
Page 4: None
Page 5: None
Page 6: None
Page 7: None
Page 8: None
Page 9: None
Page 10+: The pictures above

Total Count: The 3 kill 20 Sith.
Revan's total count: The 3 kill 100+ Sith.
I win. Concede Sas.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I agree with NewGuy's point that killing a bunch of fodder<matching legendary lightsaber duelists. Of course there's exceptions, like Tulak Hord.

DarthAnt66
For the final time, the Sith Revan killed are not fodder.
1. It is stated only "highly skilled duelists" can simply duel *a* Dark Jedi.
2. This is not even mentioning the massive amp they are on.
3. Your average Dark Jedi>your average powerful Jedi Knight.

Nephthys
Most Jedi are highly skilled duelists.

DarthAnt66
No. It is "highly skilled duelists" in comparison to other Jedi, not the average fighter.

NewGuy01
They're still fodder compared to prominent characters.

DarthAnt66
They would not be fodder against someone like Jinn or Sing. So I disagree.

NewGuy01
I disagree, Jinn is one of the most skilled swordsmen in the history of the Jedi Order and Sing has quite a few feats of her own.

Nephthys
Didn't Sing almost kill Darth Caedus?

DarthAnt66
Lol wut.
Aurra Sing almost killed Jinn.

Emperordmb
Lol wut.
Aurra Sing almost killed Jinn.
She and Jacen/Caedus (I don't remember if he was a sith yet) fought at one point when she was trying to assassinate his daughter.

Nephthys
I remember it because theres a bit where she has the upper hand and then Jacen's daughter stabs her with a huge needle of sedatives.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Is Sing>Vitiate now as well?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
I remember it because theres a bit where she has the upper hand and then Jacen's daughter stabs her with a huge needle of sedatives.
I demand the exact fight.

Nephthys
You can find a description of it here.

B*tch. no expression

DarthAnt66
Jacen spoke the word with his mind instead of his mouth. At the same time, he was expanding his Force presence into Sing's mind, opening himself fully to the Force and using its power to push himself deeper into her mind, to crush her own presence and force it deep down into the bottom of her being.

"Wait," he repeated.

Sing fought back, trying to push him from her mind, but Jacen had taken her by surprise. He had the power of his anger and his fear and his hatred behind him, and she simply was not strong enough.

Jacen started forward again, then dropped his blaster pistol and retrieved his comlink.

"Double-Ex, open..."

The doors to his stateroom slid open, grating loudly as the damaged area scraped past the jambs. Jacen stepped into the foyer of his suite, where beads of molten dura-steel were still popping and hissing on the stone decking.

To his right, the walls above the galley and dining area were pocked with scorch marks. Allana's Defender Droid lay to his left, a heap of severed limbs and smoking circuits scattered along the edge of a sunken conversation area.

Sing stood with her back to Jacen, about five paces beyond the droid, on the other side of a smoldering couch. In one hand, she held her still-ignited fightsaber. In the other was a class-C thermal detonator with a disintegration radius large enough to kill herself, Jacen, Allana, and probably half the personnel on the decks directly above and below.

As Jacen started toward her, she looked over her shoulder with an expression in her pale eyes that seemed equal parts hatred and awe.

"Don't ever touch me like that again."

Jacen did not reply. Sing was still struggling to free herself of his domination, and all his concentration was focused on keeping the pressure on until he drew close enough to strike.

Sing flashed him a cold smile. "But then, I don't think you'll have the chance."

Her thumb twitched.

The activation light on the thermal detonator began to blink, and that was enough to shatter Jacen's concentration. He felt Sing slip free, and suddenly he was completely outside her mind, watching in horror as she pitched the detonator toward the refresher where Allana was hid-ing.

Jacen's heart dropped through the bottom of his stom-ach. His arm shot out without conscious thought, and the detonator floated into his hand almost before he realized he had summoned it.

Sing was already whirling, leaping toward him with her crimson blade coming around at neck height. Jacen brought his lightsaber up automatically and blocked, then pulled the detonator's thumb slide back.

He never saw whether the activation light darkened. Suddenly Sing's knee was sinking into his stomach, driving the breath from his lungs and sending him tumbling over a couch. The detonator clattered to the floor somewhere in the galley. He came down on a beverage table, smashing it apart, then Sing was over him, her crimson blade arcing down.

Jacen whipped his lightsaber around to block, catching her blade about halfway up the shaft and filling the air with a sizzling shower of sparks. Sing grabbed her hilt with both hands and began to push, slowly driving the tip of her lightsaber down toward his eye.

The glow was as blinding as the heat was searing, and Jacen's vision blossomed into a fiery red blur. He brought his free hand up to brace his weapon arm and tried not to worry about whether his eyeball would melt, not daring to turn his head or even look away for fear that he would slip.

Sing kicked him in the side. The tip of a small, wedge-shaped blade scraped against his ribs and sent a blazing bolt of pain shooting into his body.

"Never..." She kicked him again, sending another bolt of pain deep into his stomach. "... violate..."

She kicked again.

"... my..." Another kick, more pain. "... mind!"

Sing kicked again, this time catching him near a kidney A wave of fiery anguish rolled through his body, stealinig his breath, so hot he could not even scream. The pain would have paralyzed anyone else, left him on the floor praying to die before he drew his next breath.

But pain was an old friend of Jacen's. He had learned to embrace it during his imprisonment among the Yuuzhan Vong, and now it no longer troubled him. Now it served him.

He turned the palm of his bracing hand toward Sing and pushed with the Force.

The move did not surprise her as much as he had hoped. As she flew away, Sing rolled the tip of her blade over his, and his Hghtsaber went flying. He held his Force shove until he heard her thud into the wall opposite, then sprang to his feet.

A fiery blur continued to blind one eye, and his sight in the other was still splashed with crimson blotches. But he could see clearly enough to be worried. Sing had landed near the refresher where Allana was hiding-close enough to fulfill her contract, if she was willing to risk Jacen attacking her from behind.

Jacen did not give her that chance. He opened himself fully to his fear and anger, using the power of his emotions to bring the Force flooding into him, and his body began to crackle and burn with dark energy. He raised his arms in Sing's direction, hands held level and fingers splayed wide.

That was when the door to the refresher hissed open, and a pair of small gray eyes peered out. They were wide open and locked on Jacen with an expression that might have been awe or fear or both.

"No, Allana!" Jacen could not bring himself to release the Force lightning while she was watching; even if Tenet Ka had not yet taught her that the dark side was evil, his own childhood training remained strongly enough ingrained that he did not want his daughter to see him using it. "Close the ..."

Jacen had to let the order trail off when Sing took advantage of his hesitation to leap at him. Allana screamed from inside the refresher; then Sing was three paces away, lightsaber coming in for a midbody strike. Jacen lifted one foot as though to pivot away, and Sing took the bait and stopped, dropping one leg back as she continued her swing.

Instead of spinning past as he feinted, Jacen cartwheeled over her blade and came down on the other side. Sing reversed her attack so fast he barely had time to grab her wrist, much less turn her own weapon against her as he had intended.

So Jacen kicked her in the knee as hard as he could.

The joint dislocated with a sickening pop, and Sing collapsed to the floor shrieking. But she did not release her lightsaber. She did not even stop fighting, rolling into him in an effort to break his grasp and slash him open. Jacen started to pivot out of the way, intending to bring her arm around for a clean break behind her back.

DarthAnt66
But Allana suddenly appeared on the other side of Sing, charging forward with her dark brows lowered and what looked like a small recording rod clutched in her hands.

"Allana, no!"

Allana kept coming.

Determined to keep Sing from striking out at his daughter with any of her weapons, Jacen Force-leapt backward, dragging the assassin away from his daughter. Allana took two more steps and raised the silver rod over her head . . . then dived.

Sing raised her uninjured leg, cocking her foot to kick Allana with the stubby knife in the toe of her boot.

Jacen screamed and whipped Sing's arm around, twisting her away from his daughter. Her lightsaber flashed by so close he nearly lost an ear, but the assassin's legs spun around with her body, and the kick-knife flashed past half a meter above Allana's head.

Allana landed on Sing's other leg and jammed the silver rod into her injured knee. The hiss of an autoinjector sounded from its tip, and Sing cried out in astonishment.

"You little shrew!"

Sing drew her leg back again to kick . . . then let it drop to the floor. Her eyes widened in anger-or perhaps it was fear. She craned her neck around, staring at Allana, and began to convulse. Jacen quickly pulled Sing's lightsaber from her unresisting hand, then held the still-ignited tip to the assassin's neck.

"Allana, what..."

"She'll be awright, Jacen." Allana sat up and straddled the assassin's leg, no longer afraid-if she ever had been. "It was just my safety stick."

"Okay." Jacen was too numb and relieved to ask more- or to chastise Allana for not staying in the refresher. He simply waved her off Sing's legs. "Get off. She could still be dangerous."

"That's not what Doctor Meala says." Despite her protest, Allana climbed off Sing's legs. "She says the bad person won't be dangerous again until someone gives her the antidope."

Allana came to Jacen's side, then squatted and looked into Sing's hate-maddened eyes.

"But don't be scared," she said. "Yedi never kill helpless people-even bad ones like you."

"That's right." Jacen took Allana's hand and, surprised by how right her words felt, pulled her up to stand at his side. "We just put them in a confinement facility for a very, very long time."

DarthAnt66
So, Sing gave Caedus a fight because he was focused on the grenade, and once that issue was finished, he couldn't use his Sith Powers in front of his daughter.

NewGuy01
Aurra Sing was alone in Jacen's stateroom-and with her Force abilities, it would take her only a second to find his daughter. He stopped a few paces from the door and reached out to the assassin in the Force.

Wait.

Jacen spoke the word with his mind instead of his mouth. At the same time, he was expanding his Force presence into Sing's mind, opening himself fully to the Force and using its power to push himself deeper into her mind, to crush her own presence and force it deep down into the bottom of her being.

"Wait," he repeated.

Sing fought back, trying to push him from her mind, but Jacen had taken her by surprise. He had the power of his anger and his fear and his hatred behind him, and she simply was not strong enough.

Jacen started forward again, then dropped his blaster pistol and retrieved his comlink.

"Double-Ex, open..."

The doors to his stateroom slid open, grating loudly as the damaged area scraped past the jambs. Jacen stepped into the foyer of his suite, where beads of molten dura-steel were still popping and hissing on the stone decking.

To his right, the walls above the galley and dining area were pocked with scorch marks. Allana's Defender Droid lay to his left, a heap of severed limbs and smoking circuits scattered along the edge of a sunken conversation area.

Sing stood with her back to Jacen, about five paces beyond the droid, on the other side of a smoldering couch. In one hand, she held her still-ignited fightsaber. In the other was a class-C thermal detonator with a disintegration radius large enough to kill herself, Jacen, Allana, and probably half the personnel on the decks directly above and below.

As Jacen started toward her, she looked over her shoulder with an expression in her pale eyes that seemed equal parts hatred and awe.

"Don't ever touch me like that again."

Jacen did not reply. Sing was still struggling to free herself of his domination, and all his concentration was focused on keeping the pressure on until he drew close enough to strike.

Sing flashed him a cold smile. "But then, I don't think you'll have the chance."

Her thumb twitched.

The activation light on the thermal detonator began to blink, and that was enough to shatter Jacen's concentration. He felt Sing slip free, and suddenly he was completely outside her mind, watching in horror as she pitched the detonator toward the refresher where Allana was hid-ing.

Jacen's heart dropped through the bottom of his stom-ach. His arm shot out without conscious thought, and the detonator floated into his hand almost before he realized he had summoned it.

Sing was already whirling, leaping toward him with her crimson blade coming around at neck height. Jacen brought his lightsaber up automatically and blocked, then pulled the detonator's thumb slide back.

He never saw whether the activation light darkened. Suddenly Sing's knee was sinking into his stomach, driving the breath from his lungs and sending him tumbling over a couch. The detonator clattered to the floor somewhere in the galley. He came down on a beverage table, smashing it apart, then Sing was over him, her crimson blade arcing down.

Jacen whipped his lightsaber around to block, catching her blade about halfway up the shaft and filling the air with a sizzling shower of sparks. Sing grabbed her hilt with both hands and began to push, slowly driving the tip of her lightsaber down toward his eye.

The glow was as blinding as the heat was searing, and Jacen's vision blossomed into a fiery red blur. He brought his free hand up to brace his weapon arm and tried not to worry about whether his eyeball would melt, not daring to turn his head or even look away for fear that he would slip.

Sing kicked him in the side. The tip of a small, wedge-shaped blade scraped against his ribs and sent a blazing bolt of pain shooting into his body.

"Never..." She kicked him again, sending another bolt of pain deep into his stomach. "... violate..."

She kicked again.

"... my..." Another kick, more pain. "... mind!"

Sing kicked again, this time catching him near a kidney A wave of fiery anguish rolled through his body, stealinig his breath, so hot he could not even scream. The pain would have paralyzed anyone else, left him on the floor praying to die before he drew his next breath.

But pain was an old friend of Jacen's. He had learned to embrace it during his imprisonment among the Yuuzhan Vong, and now it no longer troubled him. Now it served him.

He turned the palm of his bracing hand toward Sing and pushed with the Force.

The move did not surprise her as much as he had hoped. As she flew away, Sing rolled the tip of her blade over his, and his Hghtsaber went flying. He held his Force shove until he heard her thud into the wall opposite, then sprang to his feet.

A fiery blur continued to blind one eye, and his sight in the other was still splashed with crimson blotches. But he could see clearly enough to be worried. Sing had landed near the refresher where Allana was hiding-close enough to fulfill her contract, if she was willing to risk Jacen attacking her from behind.

Jacen did not give her that chance. He opened himself fully to his fear and anger, using the power of his emotions to bring the Force flooding into him, and his body began to crackle and burn with dark energy. He raised his arms in Sing's direction, hands held level and fingers splayed wide.

That was when the door to the refresher hissed open, and a pair of small gray eyes peered out. They were wide open and locked on Jacen with an expression that might have been awe or fear or both.

"No, Allana!" Jacen could not bring himself to release the Force lightning while she was watching; even if Tenet Ka had not yet taught her that the dark side was evil, his own childhood training remained strongly enough ingrained that he did not want his daughter to see him using it. "Close the ..."

Jacen had to let the order trail off when Sing took advantage of his hesitation to leap at him. Allana screamed from inside the refresher; then Sing was three paces away, lightsaber coming in for a midbody strike. Jacen lifted one foot as though to pivot away, and Sing took the bait and stopped, dropping one leg back as she continued her swing.

Instead of spinning past as he feinted, Jacen cartwheeled over her blade and came down on the other side. Sing reversed her attack so fast he barely had time to grab her wrist, much less turn her own weapon against her as he had intended.

So Jacen kicked her in the knee as hard as he could.

The joint dislocated with a sickening pop, and Sing collapsed to the floor shrieking. But she did not release her lightsaber. She did not even stop fighting, rolling into him in an effort to break his grasp and slash him open. Jacen started to pivot out of the way, intending to bring her arm around for a clean break behind her back.

But Allana suddenly appeared on the other side of Sing, charging forward with her dark brows lowered and what looked like a small recording rod clutched in her hands.

"Allana, no!"

Allana kept coming.

Determined to keep Sing from striking out at his daughter with any of her weapons, Jacen Force-leapt backward, dragging the assassin away from his daughter. Allana took two more steps and raised the silver rod over her head . . . then dived.

Sing raised her uninjured leg, cocking her foot to kick Allana with the stubby knife in the toe of her boot.

Jacen screamed and whipped Sing's arm around, twisting her away from his daughter. Her lightsaber flashed by so close he nearly lost an ear, but the assassin's legs spun around with her body, and the kick-knife flashed past half a meter above Allana's head.

Allana landed on Sing's other leg and jammed the silver rod into her injured knee. The hiss of an autoinjector sounded from its tip, and Sing cried out in astonishment.

"You little shrew!"

Sing drew her leg back again to kick . . . then let it drop to the floor. Her eyes widened in anger-or perhaps it was fear. She craned her neck around, staring at Allana, and began to convulse. Jacen quickly pulled Sing's lightsaber from her unresisting hand, then held the still-ignited tip to the assassin's neck.

"Allana, what..."

"She'll be awright, Jacen." Allana sat up and straddled the assassin's leg, no longer afraid-if she ever had been. "It was just my safety stick."

"Okay." Jacen was too numb and relieved to ask more- or to chastise Allana for not staying in the refresher. He simply waved her off Sing's legs. "Get off. She could still be dangerous."

"That's not what Doctor Meala says." Despite her protest, Allana climbed off Sing's legs. "She says the bad person won't be dangerous again until someone gives her the antidote."

Allana came to Jacen's side, then squatted and looked into Sing's hate-maddened eyes.

"But don't be scared," she said. "Jedi never kill helpless people-even bad ones like you."

NewGuy01
Ah, you beat me to it.

DarthAnt66
Did you really type up the whole thing?

NewGuy01
embarrasment

DarthAnt66
Awh, sorry bae.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.