Darth Sidious vs Shaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
To the Death

Darth Martin
Shaw.

A much more powerful TK user needed massive help to beat him. Shaw would probably tank and feed off of the lightning and the lightsaber.

Placidity
Although Magneto could not use TK directly on Shaw.

Sidious can.

Still Shaw should end this with one energy burst.

DTM
Weve never seen how bladed/cutting attacks would affect Shaw, I believe in the comics he could absorb blunt and blasting, not so much cutting. If Shaw cant absorb slashing attacks, Sidious has him solidly. Even without, not sure what Shaw could do to beat Sidious in return, its a virtual stalemate if so.

Time Immemorial
Shaw wipes the floor with him.

The Spleen
Originally posted by DTM
Weve never seen how bladed/cutting attacks would affect Shaw, I believe in the comics he could absorb blunt and blasting, not so much cutting. If Shaw cant absorb slashing attacks, Sidious has him solidly. Even without, not sure what Shaw could do to beat Sidious in return, its a virtual stalemate if so. This.

Time Immemorial
Negative, Shaw absorbs the energy and throws it back at Sidous.

The Spleen
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Negative, Shaw absorbs the energy and throws it back at Sidous. Based on what Shaw feat?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by The Spleen
Based on what Shaw feat?

Go watch the movie troll.

DTM
We have no way of knowing how Shaws powers would work against cutting attacks, he absorbs kinetic energy, which I think cutting weapons may bypass.

Does anyone know how comics Shaw dealt with Wolverines claws, did Wolverine ever hit Shaw, particularly at a stage when Shaw hadnt absorbed anything else?

The Spleen
Go watch the movie troll. Lol, who is dodging now?

The Spleen
Originally posted by DTM
We have no way of knowing how Shaws powers would work against cutting attacks, he absorbs kinetic energy, which I think cutting weapons may bypass.

This.

Time Immemorial
Lol, who is dodging now?

You never saw the movie, thats the biggest dodge there is.

The Spleen
You never saw the movie, thats the biggest dodge there is. I have, and Shaw has zero feats that prove he can withstand a lightsaber blow.

Time Immemorial
I have, and Shaw has zero feats that prove he can withstand a lightsaber blow.

Yes cause lightsabers exist in marvel.

The Spleen
Yes cause lightsabers exist in marvel. Seriously? K, mutants do not exist in SWverse, therefore this fight can never happen.

You're an idiot.

Time Immemorial
Seriously? K, mutants do not exist in SWverse, therefore this fight can never happen.

You're an idiot.

How could there be screen feats of Shaw being cut with a lightsaber you retard.

A lightsaber would do nothing to him since he can absorb the energy. Your a fool.

The Spleen
A lightsaber would do nothing to him since he can absorb the energy. Your a fool. Quote a scene where Shaw absorbed a stabbing attack.

Time Immemorial
Quote a scene where Shaw absorbed a stabbing attack.

He got hit with a cutting attack that he absorbed.

The Spleen
He got hit with a cutting attack that he absorbed. From who? Quote the scene.

Time Immemorial
From who? Quote the scene.

Goes into the CIA headquarters, one of the mutants that had just cut a statues head off with his attack threw the exact at him and he absorbed it.

The Spleen
Goes into the CIA headquarters, one of the mutants that had just cut a statues head off with his attack threw the exact at him and he absorbed it. That was an energy attack.

Time Immemorial
That was an energy attack.

Lightsaber is a energy based cutting weapon.

The Spleen
Lightsaber is a energy based cutting weapon.

So you are saying the two attacks in questions are identical in nature?

Time Immemorial
So you are saying the two attacks in questions are identical in nature?

Its a similar feat showing he can absorb a cutting attack. Its valid.

The Spleen
Its a similar feat showing he can absorb a cutting attack. Its valid. OK, so dude's energy attacks are identical to a plasma weapon that is designed to pierce.

Cool.

God Cloth Seiya
Shaw nukes his face

The Spleen
Lol no. Dooku force chokes and pwns. Shaw has zero resistance to TK attacks. The helmet does not cover his throat.

God Cloth Seiya
Is that before or after he gets nuked?

The Spleen
Force choke is instant.

How exactly does Shaw nuke him?

God Cloth Seiya
By using his powers

The Spleen
That's not an answer.

I'll ask again. When in the movies did Shaw resist TK powers without his helmet? Who was TKing him?

God Cloth Seiya
He resisted Charles. Charles > Sidious

Firefly218
Sidious chokes him to death. As long as Sidious doesn't fight stupid by charging Shaw, Sidious wins

Time Immemorial
OK, so dude's energy attacks are identical to a plasma weapon that is designed to pierce.

Cool.

Its an energy/kinetic based attack, are you now saying that shaw can't block this even though you know your wrong?

Lestov16
Shaw can absorb impacts, but I doubt he can absorb his windpipe being sealed shut.

Robtard
Lightsabre wouldn't do shit to Shaw, since he's shown to absorb energy/heat based attacks.

The Force though, not sure he has a defense against something like that. Sidious might also be able to **** with his mind:

http://bg0lden.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/sidious-laughing.jpg

"Swallow your own fist, Mr. Shaw."

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard

http://bg0lden.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/sidious-laughing.jpg

"Swallow your own fist, Mr. Shaw."

laughing

Rob I guess you found the answer on how Superman would be Shaw, strangulation.

Robtard
laughing

Rob I guess you found the answer on how Superman would be Shaw, strangulation.

No, as Shaw would absorb the force/pressure of Superman's hands trying to strangle him. Having Shaw do it to himself/swallow his own fist, is something entirely different.

Time Immemorial
No, as Shaw would absorb the force/pressure of Superman's hands trying to strangle him. Having Shaw do it to himself/swallow his own fist, is something entirely different.

Those powers worked only on the weak willed though. Xavier could barely hold him down with his power.

Robtard
As I said "might".

Time Immemorial
As I said "might".

Fair enough big grin

The Spleen
Originally posted by Firefly218
Sidious chokes him to death. As long as Sidious doesn't fight stupid by charging Shaw, Sidious wins This.

Time Immemorial
This.

If Superman cant choke out Shaw, a jedi lousy choke can't.

Robtard
If Superman cant choke out Shaw, a jedi lousy choke can't.

Physical choke vs choke via unseen force. There is a difference.

Time Immemorial
Physical choke vs choke via unseen force. There is a difference.

Applied force is applied force, its a presence of force without a physical one.

Robtard
Applied force is applied force, its a presence of force without a physical one.

Except we know that Shaw can absorb the energy behind physical attacks. We do not know if he can absorb the force behind The Force.

Time Immemorial
Except we know that Shaw can absorb the energy behind physical attacks. We do not know if he can absorb the force behind The Force.

Ok but its still applied pressure. Lets be real, the force choke only worked on helpless people.

DrDeadpool

If we go by science, I must say there is no difference between forces behind physical attacks and forces behind non physical attacks (like wind for example)

The Spleen
Except we know that Shaw can absorb the energy behind physical attacks. We do not know if he can absorb the force behind The Force. He can't. He gets choked out.

Time Immemorial
He can't. He gets choked out.

Proof he can't?

The Spleen
Proof he can't? No feats. Now, someone said earlier that Shaw did early on in XMFC, but I can't remember. I have been meaning to watch the movie again anyway, so tomorrow when I get home I'll see for myself and post then.

Time Immemorial
No feats. Now, someone said earlier that Shaw did early on in XMFC, but I can't remember. I have been meaning to watch the movie again anyway, so tomorrow when I get home I'll see for myself and post then.

Originally posted by DrDeadpool
If we go by science, I must say there is no difference between forces behind physical attacks and forces behind non physical attacks (like wind for example)

Boom your future argument. You can't hide from the truth.

The Spleen
Boom your future argument. You can't hide from the truth. Lol, K. So Jean Grey can do just as much damage with a punch as she can with TK?

Time Immemorial
Lol, K. So Jean Grey can do just as much damage with a punch as she can with TK?

Jean Grey is not in this fight, sorry. laughing

The Spleen
Jean Grey is not in this fight, sorry. laughing Indeed she is not, but she has TK, yes?

The Spleen
Well, just watched XMFC again. Shaw was hit once by Xavier's mind powers and he was frozen like a popsicle.

Time Immemorial
Well, just watched XMFC again. Shaw was hit once by Xavier's mind powers and he was frozen like a popsicle.

Sidious has no mind powers like Xavier. laughing

Lestov16

Wind is physical. We may not see it, but the atoms are there of course. The force is not consisted of the same particles as the wind. Matter of fact, it isn't composed of any composite particles at all. The way the force is described can only be taken to mean some kind of Higgs-like quantum field.

quanchi112
Except we know that Shaw can absorb the energy behind physical attacks. We do not know if he can absorb the force behind The Force. laughing out loud

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by Lestov16
Wind is physical. We may not see it, but the atoms are there of course. The force is not consisted of the same particles as the wind. Matter of fact, it isn't composed of any composite particles at all. The way the force is described can only be taken to mean some kind of Higgs-like quantum field.

Still they are the same force but the source is different the wind one was an example that one of my professors used to say at my first year of university (in holiday physics) before i get into details i want to list all the possible forces then you choose one of them for this force since i haven't seen the star wars.

First force and the most famous is Newtonian force ( F=ma ) which comes from a solid or liquid object and SOMETIMES from gases and is the base force (that's why their nature is same) , the reason i said wind like my professor is that sometimes for gases we can use Newtonian force and sometimes we can't , we poor students had a great issue for solving problems with these kind of force big grin since atoms in gases have a very complicated way of moving ! anyway i don't think its any of those so we get to other forces :

Electrical force : F=Kq1q2/d^2

Electromagnetic : F=qvbsin(x) Do you think its this ?

Weak force and strong force which are VERY complicated but still its the same force (if you want i can explain more) as those above but with a VERY VERY different source if you think its one of these forces so you must describe the force in star wars for me because these two can be very powerful ( one of them is the reason for nuclear explosions) theoretically its almost impossible to control these forces completely but we are still able to manipulate them but anyway which one of above those do you think it is ? stick out tongue

The Spleen
Sidious has no mind powers like Xavier. laughing We were discussing whether or not Shaw was frozen by Xavier, remember?

Time Immemorial
We were discussing whether or not Shaw was frozen by Xavier, remember?

No you where saying the force was a force but not physical. When in fact its a invisible physical/kinetic force.

Lying again as usual.

WildBantha88
No you where saying the force was a force but not physical. When in fact its a invisible physical/kinetic force.

Lying again as usual. The force can be used to project telekenisis yes. But the force doesn't = telekenisis. The force can be used to project lightning from the finger tips but the force doesn't = lightning. See where this is going?

You cant pin down what kind of force the force is, because it can be projected as nearly any kind of force

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by WildBantha88
The force can be used to project telekenisis yes. But the force doesn't = telekenisis. The force can be used to project lightning from the finger tips but the force doesn't = lightning. See where this is going?

You cant pin down what kind of force the force is, because it can be projected as nearly any kind of force

As I explained upper , which nobody will read it since its long and full of mambo jamboes big grin if you tell me a little more about the force I might be able to help , tell me about it's affects smile

WildBantha88
As I explained upper , which nobody will read it since its long and full of mambo jamboes big grin if you tell me a little more about the force I might be able to help , tell me about it's affects smile do you want the force as explained in the EU? The living force and the cosmic force and all that jazz?

DrDeadpool
do you want the force as explained in the EU? The living force and the cosmic force and all that jazz?
If its the same force which will result in TK , Yes please stick out tongue

WildBantha88
The Living Force is composed of all living things. It is the energy that bines all living things. A force wielder can feel its energy tingling around them. When things die the energy is lost. This is where most force powers are derived from. Telekinesis, Telepathy, Force lightning ect.

The Cosmic Force is made up of stars and Galaxies. It is the rippling surface of space and time. Through the Cosmic Force ,force wielders can see through time. It is also how force wielders transcend death. "Becoming one with the force" is becoming a part of the Cosmic Force. Like Obi-Wans and yodas ghosts were a part of the Cosmic Force.

DTM
Funny, I didnt think of the force choking. OK, supporting Sidious to win here. Even IF Shaw gets the Magneto helmet, Sidious TKs it off him and then chokes him out. Shaw NEEDS to be charged to explode anything, if Sidious doesnt charge him up, Shaw is virtually useless on offense.

The Spleen
Originally posted by DTM
Funny, I didnt think of the force choking. OK, supporting Sidious to win here. Even IF Shaw gets the Magneto helmet, Sidious TKs it off him and then chokes him out. Shaw NEEDS to be charged to explode anything, if Sidious doesnt charge him up, Shaw is virtually useless on offense. Exactly. What I have been saying all along, sans TKing off the helmet. Nice touch there.

DTM
Thanks man, though now that I think about it, the helmet wouldnt prevent force choking anyway, as its a TK physical attack, not a TP mental one.

DrDeadpool
The Living Force is composed of all living things. It is the energy that bines all living things. A force wielder can feel its energy tingling around them. When things die the energy is lost. This is where most force powers are derived from. Telekinesis, Telepathy, Force lightning ect.

The Cosmic Force is made up of stars and Galaxies. It is the rippling surface of space and time. Through the Cosmic Force ,force wielders can see through time. It is also how force wielders transcend death. "Becoming one with the force" is becoming a part of the Cosmic Force. Like Obi-Wans and yodas ghosts were a part of the Cosmic Force.

That reminds me more of strings big grin anyway if that's the case sidious wins.

Time Immemorial
Exactly. What I have been saying all along, sans TKing off the helmet. Nice touch there.

Since when did anyone in Star Wars TK off anyones helmet? laughing out loud

How does him losing the helmet help Sidious win?

Lestov16
Still they are the same force but the source is different the wind one was an example that one of my professors used to say at my first year of university (in holiday physics) before i get into details i want to list all the possible forces then you choose one of them for this force since i haven't seen the star wars.

First force and the most famous is Newtonian force ( F=ma ) which comes from a solid or liquid object and SOMETIMES from gases and is the base force (that's why their nature is same) , the reason i said wind like my professor is that sometimes for gases we can use Newtonian force and sometimes we can't , we poor students had a great issue for solving problems with these kind of force big grin since atoms in gases have a very complicated way of moving ! anyway i don't think its any of those so we get to other forces :

Electrical force : F=Kq1q2/d^2

Electromagnetic : F=qvbsin(x) Do you think its this ?

Weak force and strong force which are VERY complicated but still its the same force (if you want i can explain more) as those above but with a VERY VERY different source if you think its one of these forces so you must describe the force in star wars for me because these two can be very powerful ( one of them is the reason for nuclear explosions) theoretically its almost impossible to control these forces completely but we are still able to manipulate them but anyway which one of above those do you think it is ? stick out tongue

Pretty sure the Force of Star Wars is not any of the 4 fundamental forces of our universe. None of the 4 interactions allows people to see into the future as far as I know. If it is so, my decision not to call Miss Cleo was a misguided one.

WildBantha88
That reminds me more of strings big grin anyway if that's the case sidious wins.

what do you mean by strings?

maxivitopowe
String Theory I guess?

Any way even if it isn't an energy, it will still be exerting a force on Shaw

The Spleen
Since when did anyone in Star Wars TK off anyones helmet? laughing out loud

How does him losing the helmet help Sidious win? Ahahahaha, so I guess since we never saw a Jedi TK a can of soup they can't then?

Time Immemorial
Ahahahaha, so I guess since we never saw a Jedi TK a can of soup they can't then?

How would taking his helmet help? Sidious has nothing that can attack his mind. Taking his helmet off would do nothing to him.

How many times did Jedi "force Tk" heads off droids, or pull helmets off clone troopers?

Literally it makes no difference as his helmet in this fight makes no difference.

Lets take the helmet away. Boom, nothing changed.

The Spleen
How would taking his helmet help? Sidious has nothing that can attack his mind. Taking his helmet off would do nothing to him.

How many times did Jedi "force Tk" heads off droids, or pull helmets off clone troopers?

Literally it makes no difference as his helmet in this fight makes no difference.

Lets take the helmet away. Boom, nothing changed.

Force choke, dude. Shaw has to breathe.

I swear, you're such a simpleton sometimes.

Time Immemorial
Force choke, dude. Shaw has to breathe.

I swear, you're such a simpleton sometimes.

Sorry, he can absorb it.

I swear you worship demon and practice moving paper clips at home.

DTM
Shaw cannot absorb being TK choked, there is NOT evidence in the least to prove that he could do so. Shaw absorbs kinetic attacks, having your throat closed by TK should certainly bypass that.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by DTM
Shaw cannot absorb being TK choked, there is NOT evidence in the least to prove that he could do so. Shaw absorbs kinetic attacks, having your throat closed by TK should certainly bypass that.

It's incoming force causing damage right? He absorbs all damage. Now you are saying the force does not cause damage? By all means nerf it more.

Having your throat choked by a hand or a invisible force changes nothing.

DTM
Actuallty the attack is no damage at all, its the closing of his throat, which stops him from breathing, and killed. That form of attack has no kinetic there for Shaw to absorb.

And I think Im going to call you Q2 from now on, as clearly you are as utterly blind and foolishly stubborn as Quanchi.

The Spleen
Originally posted by DTM
Actuallty the attack is no damage at all, its the closing of his throat, which stops him from breathing, and killed. That form of attack has no kinetic there for Shaw to absorb.

And I think Im going to call you Q2 from now on, as clearly you are as utterly blind and foolishly stubborn as Quanchi. TE is mentally challenged, dude, go easy on him.

Seriously, no joke, someone who knows him told me. I kinda feel sorry for being so harsh with him now. embarrasment

maxivitopowe
Any force exerted on his body is fair game

Time Immemorial
TE is mentally challenged, dude, go easy on him.

Seriously, no joke, someone who knows him told me. I kinda feel sorry for being so harsh with him now. embarrasment

Lol someone who knows me? Lol, unlike you I don't date KMC posters and get to know them , then be dumped by them.

The Spleen
Lol someone who knows me? Lol, unlike you I don't date KMC posters and get to know them , then be dumped by them.

You need to calm down. So angry.

Time Immemorial
You need to calm down. So angry.

You hurl insults in other threads, then tell me to calm down. Go get dumped again bro, lmao.

The Spleen
You hurl insults in other threads, then tell me to calm down. Go get dumped again bro, lmao. Everyone hurls insults, it's all in good fun. Hell, Rob and I insult each other like you wouldn't believe.

Why are you obsessed with my past relationship/s? I have been dumped a few times since, and I dumped a few times since. People get dumped, why are you trying to attack me on a personal level?

Time Immemorial
Everyone hurls insults, it's all in good fun. Hell, Rob and I insult each other like you wouldn't believe.

Why are you obsessed with my past relationship/s? I have been dumped a few times since, and I dumped a few times since. People get dumped, why are you trying to attack me on a personal level?

Its best served cold when you tried attacking mine in off topic, reap what you sow. Ever heard that term?

The Spleen
Its best served cold when you tried attacking mine in off topic, reap what you sow. Ever heard that term? So this is your "revenge" for taking a good natured jab at you?

Time Immemorial
So this is your "revenge" for taking a good natured jab at you?

More like you can't keep your cool off a MVF debate and have to try and enact revenge on me in other ways. If you don't like it, don't do it in the first place.

The Spleen
More like you can't keep your cool off a MVF debate and have to try and enact revenge on me in other ways. If you don't like it, don't do it in the first place. laughing This is what you think? Wow, man.

Time Immemorial
laughing This is what you think? Wow, man.

Hmm why else would you find a dead thread from the past and then throw insults?

The Spleen
Hmm why else would you find a dead thread from the past and then throw insults? For reasons that I have stated, over and over again.

Time Immemorial
For reasons that I have stated, over and over again.

So you in fact did dig up past thread to throw insults?

The Spleen
So you in fact did dig up past thread to throw insults? OK what thread and what was the insult?

Time Immemorial
OK what thread and what was the insult?

You already know the thread in the off topic forum. Why lie?

The Spleen
You already know the thread in the off topic forum. Why lie? Ah, that thread. I already told you it wasn't meant to be a harmful insult, just good natured ribbing.

Not my fault you took it personally.

Time Immemorial
Ah, that thread. I already told you it wasn't meant to be a harmful insult, just good natured ribbing.

Not my fault you took it personally.

Nah, you went back in a thread you never were involved in and found stuff to flame about.

The Spleen
Nah, you went back in a thread you never were involved in and found stuff to flame about. OK then.

In the meantime, Sidious force chokes Shaw to death.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.