Ulic Qel Droma vs. TPM Maul (sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
SABERS ONLY

Battle takes place on the Mongolian steppe

NewGuy01
Maul with some difficulty.

DarthAnt66
Droma wins an all out fight.
However in terms of just sabers, I'm inclinded to give it to Maul.

NewGuy01
What? How are Droma's force feats even remotely better than Maul's???

DarthAnt66
Dude, he makes a Force Barrier that tanks Basilisk war droid canon fire. Also stated to be among the most powerful Sith Lords in history.

NewGuy01
Dude, he produces a Force Scream strong enough to collapse a building around him.

Nephthys
No, he didn't. wink

NewGuy01
He did, though. Your denial is amusing.

Nephthys
And your lying is baffling. You know that what actually happened is that Maul held in a scream that purportedly could bring down the building.

The_Tempest
Qel-Droma's minimal feats notwithstanding, this would probably be a good fight.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
And your lying is baffling. You know that what actually happened is that Maul held in a scream that purportedly could bring down the building.

Yes my post said he produced a scream strong enough to collapse the building around him, not that he collapsed the building around him.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yes my post said he produced a scream strong enough to collapse the building around him, not that he collapsed the building around him.

He didn't produce it though. He never screamed. It never happened. It's isn't a feat anymore than Marek thinking he could push over the junk Jedi temple is.

NewGuy01
He produced the scream, but restrained it, not letting the shockwave out, lest the barracks collapse around him.

Tzeentch
Ulic stalemated a featless Jedi without having access to the force himself.

Not sure what Maul can do here other than flail helplessly and die.

Nephthys
If thats such a great feat (and I think it is) what do people think about Darth Nox beating a Sith Lord without having access to the Force?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Ulic stalemated a featless Jedi without having access to the force himself.

Not sure what Maul can do here other than flail helplessly and die.

Featless, lol.

U mad bro?

If thats such a great feat (and I think it is) what do people think about Darth Nox beating a Sith Lord without having access to the Force?

Impressive to say the leastAPPLYING KMC LOGIC

Nah, said Sith Lord was clearly featless; therefore, we must assume he is the lowest common denominator and therefore by conflation associate Darth Nox with like, maybe early Ventress, if not TPM Obi-Wan.

Tzeentch
Depends. Did the Sith Lord do something other than beat up some bugs before getting beaten by Nox? If so, then that's pretty kewl I guess.
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Featless, lol.

U mad bro?

Yeah, I forgot that she killed the bugs most skillfully. She's probably like... Kit Fisto level? I know, that's low-balling her but what can I say.

Stealth Moose
Depends. Did the Sith Lord do something other than beat up some bugs before getting beaten by Nox? If so, then that's pretty kewl I guess.

Yeah, I forgot that she killed the bugs most skillfully. She's probably like... Kit Fisto level? I know, that's low-balling her but what can I say.

Considering Kit Fisto was at or above AotC Obi-Wan, that's not bad. In any case, muggles outfighting pissed off Force users is impressive.

Astor Ebligis
She tore through around three Massassi Warriors (stated to be strong in the darkside, and trained warriors) without a lightsaber in seconds, was presented as being one of the stand out Jedi Knights of her time, hid her presence from Oss Wilum (another standout Jedi Knight), snuck up on him and knocked him out with the hilt of her lightsaber, but apparently she's featless and someone stalemating her in a lightsaber duel without the Force is anything other than an exceptional feat.

Astor Ebligis

Does seem pretty damn impressive, but how high up a Sith Lord are we talking about exactly, and what manner did he do it in? Ulic stalemated Sylvar in a straight up lightsaber duel, and while physically frail and not having seriously trained with a lightsaber in years.

NewGuy01

Nox had access to the Force, his powers were just surpressed. This is a Bane vs Cognus situation, not an Ulic vs Sylvar situation.

Nephthys
The guy had a large cult on Nar Shaddaa and had killed many of Sith who had tried to steal his cult from him. Nox was still an apprentice at the time, not too long off of Korriban.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nox had access to the Force, his powers were just surpressed. This is a Bane vs Cognus situation, not an Ulic vs Sylvar situation.

Nox couldn't summon lightning nor defend against the guys TK, the effects were much more severe than Cognus' ability.

Astor Ebligis
Still a huge difference Neph. Ulic not only receives no benefits of Force sensitivity whatsoever (not merely supressed), but has the extra disadvantage of having to live without a sense he had lived with and relied heavily on, more so than any other to the point he had become dependant on it, his entire life.

And Sylvar was certainly a pretty high level Jedi regardless, easily master level, and for a close combat oriented and ferocious Jedi.

Astor Ebligis
Think of someone who suddenly became blind later on in life. Years later, he would be at a massive disadvantage to someone who was born blind, simply because he was dependent on his vision and hadn't spent as long honing his other senses. Furthermore, someone who suddenly experiences blurry vision has a much bigger advantage than the guy born blind. The situation for the first and the last guy is not remotely comparable.

Nephthys
It was suppressed to the point where Nox couldn't use the Force or defend against it. He was severing her connection to it and said that shortly she would have no connection at all. Ulic had spent decades getting used to not having the Force and was still a fully trained Jedi Knight/Sith Lord. Nox was still only a Sith Apprentice.

And the guy Nox beat was a Sith Lord, a master level Sith.

Zampanó
n. stomps

NewGuy01
N?

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
She tore through around three Massassi Warriors (stated to be strong in the darkside, and trained warriors) without a lightsaber in seconds, was presented as being one of the stand out Jedi Knights of her time, hid her presence from Oss Wilum (another standout Jedi Knight), snuck up on him and knocked him out with the hilt of her lightsaber, but apparently she's featless and someone stalemating her in a lightsaber duel without the Force is anything other than an exceptional feat. Sounds like pretty standard fare for Jedi with names in this mythos.

Meanwhile, Jango Fett destroyed multiple lightsaber-wielding Jedi simultaneously using just his fists and Pre Vizsla dueled both Maul and Obi-Wan to a standstill. I guess either one could solo Sideous, Exar Kun and Luke in a lightsaber duel. thumb up

NewGuy01
She dueled Exar Kun and was able to claw up his face.

Tzeentch
She's pretty much God-Tier imo.

Stealth Moose
She's pretty much God-Tier imo.

So mad. Why do you hate women?

Tzeentch
Because Neph. 313

Stealth Moose
Because Neph. 313

Touche.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.