Anakin ROTS vs. Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

UltimateAnomaly
Anakin
Mace
Mace

Anakin just doesn't have enough control over his rage and anger to match Mace when it comes to lightsaber skill, and even then, Vaapad will probably work to Mace's advantage. Which is why I'd give it to Mace in the All-Out.

Fated Xtasy
also we've done this thread before

DARTH POWER
Mace all 3. But he works for it. In fact he might well have to work VERY Hard for it.

carthage
@Newguy

An analysis would probably be good!

NTJack0
Mace takes this, but yeah, Anakin will not be going down quickly by any means.

Unless Zonakin suddenly appears.

NewGuy01
The concept of Zonakin bewilders me, it is nothing more than Anakin calling on his fury in battle.

That being said, when fighting at his best, Anakin is significantly more powerful than Mace--He's faster, stronger, more relentless, and a more dominating Force presence. On the other hand, just as Dooku is, Mace is a more skilled and experienced fighter overall. That said, he lacks the ability to defeat Anakin by his own merit.

However, considering Anakin's power flows from his fury, Mace would be able to draw on those negative energies, increasing his inner darkness, and channel it to amplify his own power. Perhaps he would not be quite at the caliber we saw him as against Palpatine, but his speed, strength, and endurance would be heightened enough that he will be able to defeat Anakin through merit of his superior skill and experience. Y'know, unless Anakin topples the entire building on Mace via TK in a Bane-esque fashion.

So Mace will take a majority, here. That being said, without the Vaaoad mechanic, I think Anakin would take the majority based on his performance against Dooku.

DARTH POWER
But remember Anakin does well against Dooku but only ever beats him in ROTS which was a context specific win. I think Dooku takes a majority as does Mace. But Anakin gives either one of them hell first.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
But remember Anakin does well against Dooku but only ever beats him in ROTS which was a context specific win. I think Dooku takes a majority as does Mace. But Anakin gives either one of them hell first.

Anakin was improving during this time, though. It can be seen rather plainly that Anakin was winning their fight in Season 4, and Anakin quite explicitly (and arrogantly) states that his powers have grown since their last encounter.

We see clearly in Laybrinth of Evil that Dooku has started to become fearful of Anakin's rising power.

Nephthys
Their last encounter was in LoE, which was shortly before RotS. No way did Anakins power increase between then.

NewGuy01
They didn't fight in LoE though, Anakin merely screamed and the entire center caved in. I would assume Anakin was referring to the last time they had *fought*.

Nephthys
He says 'the last time we met'.

NewGuy01
He misspoke.

Nephthys
Or it was just trash talk.

DarthAnt66
Vitiate sucks.

Nephthys
Indeed, and he sucked on Revan for 300 years when Revan was his b*tch.

Based
Well if Vitiate wasn't a ***** and killed Revan he would have invaded during KOTOR 2 for an omgwtfbbq holy shit blitz stomp of the Republic.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Indeed, and he sucked on Revan for 300 years when Revan was his b*tch.
Revan used Vitiate as much as Vitiate used him.

Emperordmb
To be fair he had help from Meetra.

Nephthys
Revan only survived because the Exile helped him. He was Vitiates gimp.

DarthAnt66
You mean while Vitiate was in isolation drawing Dromaund Kaas's nexus the entire time? wink

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Vitiate sucks.

Nephthys
Vitiate wasn't on Dromund Kaas.

DarthAnt66
Yes he was.

Nephthys
No, after Revans attack he hid on his Fortress or at a location in Deep Space and started operating through proxies, the Emperor's Voice.

DarthAnt66
His fortress was in Dromaund Kaas though, right?

Nephthys
Its in orbit. Or somewhere in the Dromund system.

DarthAnt66
Knowing Vitiate, he would be still drawing on the nexus.

Nephthys
Prove you can draw on a nexus from space.

Also you don't know Vitiate. And this idea that he loves dem nexus' is an entirely fabricated argument from certain posters here.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

DarthAnt66
If Luke can feel Dromaund Kaas's nexus from space, he can draw on it.

Nah, it's from Drew.

Nephthys
Nihilus and Visas could feel the Exile from half the galaxy away. Yoda could feel the death of every Jedi in the galaxy. Obi-Wan felt the destruction of Alderaan from ages away. Jedi being able to sense things from far away proves nothing.

DarthAnt66
There is a quote for a certain favorite character of mine drawing on a nexus from space in a battle.
But I refuse to post it, since it might lower the standards of his abilities. Just know that it exists, and it is possible.

Nephthys
PM me.

NewGuy01
There is a quote for a certain favorite character of mine drawing on a nexus from space in a battle.
But I refuse to post it, since it might lower the standards of his abilities. Just know that it exists, and it is possible.

Ho?

Nephthys
Don't get excited. It's unconvincing.

NewGuy01
I'm more amused at Ant's admittance of how much he lies and covers things up when making his arguments.

Nephthys
I've never been prouder of him.

Also its really unimportant.

DarthAnt66
Lies?
No.
Leaves out irrelevant information?
Yes.

NewGuy01
Don't care, still curious.

DarthAnt66
Your not getting the quote.

NewGuy01
But now your arguments are flat because in the context that you posted, the only scenario possible that is relevant is the Star Forge feat, so I can easily apply this without even having need of your quote.

Nephthys
Nope.

NewGuy01
But since he isn't telling me I am free to make an educated assumption based on the evidence given.

As long as a singular party is witholding key information, there is no point in a debate at all.

DarthAnt66
It would be a wrong assumption however.
And majority of all the wars Revan been in, he been on a ship somewhere. Malak is normally the guy on the frontlines.
Neph already showed me the quote is meaningless regardless, so I will just keep it from you for the luz.

NewGuy01
But if that was the case then it would be irrelevant, and you wouldn't be so reluctant to share it. What this means is that it must have relevance against the arguments you have been making in favor of Revan, and that makes it important to a debate.

DarthAnt66
I'm reluctant to share if Revan tripped over a rock. My goal on this forum is to preach his power.
Like I said above:

NewGuy01
It's better for me that way regardless. Your argument no longer has any meaning if the quote you are withholding actually were of any importance, thus until it is proven to be irrelevant it will be relevant in any Revan debate thusforth.

Nephthys
That's nice. Just ignore him, Ant.

DarthAnt66
"The Dark Lord drew on the powers of Hoth to amplify the hatred of the Dark Jedi from his flagship."
-This is a real source encylopedia

NewGuy01
Thank you. You now have credibility again. Not sure why you were worried about it in the first place though, that's actually a feat on Revan's part. Y'should add it to your Respect Thread.

Didn't know Hoth was a Nexus, either. That's wierd. Was it still potent by the time of the saga?

Nephthys
lol

I told you its unconvincing.

NewGuy01
That's fine, the quote was never what was concerning. The idea was that if he was witholding information that may be contradictory to his argument be it of importance or not, then that is lying. If he were simply resorting to lying in his arguments, he would longer have any credibility. That is a problem.

In actuality, though, the quote is helpful to Revan. Even if he were drawing on a Nexus, he still was able to use that power to achieve an effect similar to battle meditation.

Not only that, but it also is striking evidence against Vitiate, way to go Ant. thumb up

Nephthys
http://24.media.tumblr.com/4675cf3eb360829f049303318afac263/tumblr_mx5bu7P8rO1sf37jwo2_500.gif

I'm gonna tell him.

NewGuy01
Edit: Nevermind

Nephthys
Look at the source.

What were you saying about lying?

NewGuy01
Yeah, I suspected it at first but accepted it as it would have been helpful. Too bad.

Thanks for proving my point though. thumb up

Nephthys
For the record, theres no point in asking for the quote since its source is extremely unreliable and I wouldn't accept it anyway. And I instantly came up with several reasons to doubt it. Because I'm a badass.

DarthAnt66
I have never lied in a Revan argument, Sas. I have more quotes for Revan then honestly any other person on this Earth, and I would like to see Someone who would challenge the claim by showing me more then my respect thread plus about 7 additional pages worth of quotes that don't fitr in the respect thread but work in debates.

Nephthys
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

NewGuy01
I've already said this. Regardless of how you interpret the quote's importance, lying about it and trying to cover it up still makes Ant's credibility moot.

DarthAnt66
I plan on replaying KOTOR again this summer to do an in depth analysis on te Star forge battle. big grin somuch fun! #gorevan #iphonescantype

NewGuy01
I have never lied in a Revan argument, Sas.

You have not been very convincing of that.

NewGuy01
I plan on replaying KOTOR again this summer to do an in depth analysis on te Star forge battle. big grin somuch fun! #gorevan #iphonescantype

Why not just reload a game save?

carthage
This is what I want to see when I get back from work, the topics I make filled with tons of replies. I love this place!!

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
This is what I want to see when I get back from work, the topics I make filled with tons of replies. I love this place!!
To be honest you make more topics than you do replies.

NewGuy01
Terribly off topic replies though.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
To be honest you make more topics than you do replies.

And what does it matter? I've argued with you on the subject of Bane before and it goes nowhere. Because you are incapable of seeing how much nonsense and overlooking his faults by making fallacious nonsense like you did with the nexus thread, and not responding to criticism by Sasuke and myself in past threads on the issue. Its just fun to push your buttons at this point.

Emperordmb
And what does it matter?
I didn't say anything about it, I just noted it as interesting.

I've argued with you on the subject of Bane before and it goes nowhere.
I mentioned nothing about Bane here...

Because you are incapable of seeing how much nonsense and overlooking his faults by making fallacious nonsense like you did with the nexus thread, and not responding to criticism by Sasuke and myself in past threads on the issue.
Not nearly as ridiculous as claiming he sucks despite numerous accolades in his favor. Arguing things like "Bane sux," or "Qui-gon is an extremely shitty Jedi," or "Yoda's technique is shit" are far more fallacious and nonsensical than anything I have said.

Its just fun to push your buttons at this point.
Troll Confirmed

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Anakin was improving during this time, though. It can be seen rather plainly that Anakin was winning their fight in Season 4, and Anakin quite explicitly (and arrogantly) states that his powers have grown since their last encounter.

We see clearly in Laybrinth of Evil that Dooku has started to become fearful of Anakin's rising power.

Anakin was not plainly winning their fight in season 4. Dooku had the clear advantage with his superior force powers. Dooku was also the clear superior in season 6 which is even closer to ROTS.

LOE isn't canon btw.

DarthAnt66
Why not just reload a game save?
I got a new computer.

You can google search everything I have said and they should all show up. If they don't, you can always ask and I'll provide you with the source.

Darth Martin
Mace takes all 3 with considerable difficulty. Force-fight less so.

NTJack0
This topic get out of hand.

NewGuy01
Yeah, I'm not sure why Vitiate fen came up as a discussion point.

Either way, though, I still hold my initial standpoint on the outcome of this battle.

DARTH POWER

Either way, though, I still hold my initial standpoint on the outcome of this battle.

It holds well providing Vapaad is still canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.