Godzilla (2014) vs The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Godzilla (2014)

vs

Iron Man
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawk Eye
Hulk
Thor

All as they appeared in the Avengers film.

Fight takes place in New York

ares834
Godzilla probably takes this. Thor and Hulk are the only ones who can do anything, but they can't do enough.

WildBantha88
Iron man also, remember him killing that thing from the inside?

Time Immemorial
That would not hurt Godzilla. A leviathan is a joke compared to Godzilla.

WildBantha88
A leviathan might be a joke to Godzilla but a bunch of explosives going off inside of him wouldn't be....

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by WildBantha88
A leviathan might be a joke to Godzilla but a bunch of explosives going off inside of him wouldn't be....

You don't know much about Godzilla then. Considering he brews atomic energy from his inside, what is some explosives going to do?

ares834
Godzilla survived a nuke. Stark's explosives are going to be pretty much inconsequential. Plus going down the throat of a radioactive dinosaur that breathes nuclear fire is a terrible idea, even if you are wearing Iron man armor.

Epicurus
Gojira wins.

quanchi112
Avengers, easily.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ares834
Godzilla survived a nuke. Stark's explosives are going to be pretty much inconsequential. Plus going down the throat of a radioactive dinosaur that breathes nuclear fire is a terrible idea, even if you are wearing Iron man armor. Surviving a nuke is inconsequential to this argument. That was a small nuke that went off out side of him and he has a tough outer hide. Inside he is flashy organs just like you and me, only bigger. His outside would be fine but his organs would be all jumbled up and shredded if an explosive went off inside him. Although I do agree getting flying down his throat would be nearly impossible, but there is more than one way inside Godzilla and considering how big he is one small human could fly into any of those holes.

Time Immemorial
Surviving a nuke is inconsequential to this argument. That was a small nuke that went off out side of him and he has a tough outer hide. Inside he is flashy organs just like you and me, only bigger. His outside would be fine but his organs would be all jumbled up and shredded if an explosive went off inside him. Although I do agree getting flying down his throat would be nearly impossible, but there is more than one way inside Godzilla and considering how big he is one small human could fly into any of those holes.

Insides capable of withstanding nuclear fire and generating nuclear energy as well as feeding on nuclear energy? And explosives are going to hurt him? Please..

Epicurus
Surviving a nuke is inconsequential to this argument. That was a small nuke that went off out side of him and he has a tough outer hide. Inside he is flashy organs just like you and me, only bigger. His outside would be fine but his organs would be all jumbled up and shredded if an explosive went off inside him. Although I do agree getting flying down his throat would be nearly impossible, but there is more than one way inside Godzilla and considering how big he is one small human could fly into any of those holes.
If you watched the scene clearly, you would know that it exploded right on top of him, just as he was about to dive back to the bottom of the ocean. Basically speaking, Goji survived a point-blank detonation of a multi-kiloton weapon. Stark has virtually nothing comparable to that in his arsenal, unless he were to somehow find a way to turn his arc reactor into a suicide bomber type weapon.

So what? Goji has a healing factor, as the movie perfectly portrayed. Kept on getting beat, stabbed and pierced on, and still got up to eventually end the MUTOs. Even after they thought he was dead, he revived and all the wounds were closed.

Stark isn't doing sh1t to Goji, and you know it.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Insides capable of withstanding nuclear fire and generating nuclear energy as well as feeding on nuclear energy? And explosives are going to hurt him? Please.. Generating nuclear radiation has nothing to do with an explosion. An explosion sends out a powerful concussive wave of force, that force is what does damage. No amount of radiation resistance is going to stop his organs from being effected by that. Although he could survive the radiation after the blast smile

Time Immemorial
Generating nuclear radiation has nothing to do with an explosion. An explosion sends out a powerful concussive wave of force, that force is what does damage. No amount of radiation resistance is going to stop his organs from being effected by that. Although he could survive the radiation after the blast smile

Godzilla burps, Tony Dies inside.

WildBantha88
Godzilla burps, Tony Dies inside. Who said tony is in his stomach? He could fly in Godzillas nostril and **** up his brain. He could fly in his ear and do the same. He could fly in his nose and instead of going down is throat he could just throw a grenade down his throat and collapse his airway.

Estacado
Godzilla.

Time Immemorial
Who said tony is in his stomach? He could fly in Godzillas nostril and **** up his brain. He could fly in his ear and do the same. He could fly in his nose and instead of going down is throat he could just throw a grenade down his throat and collapse his airway.

Please be real. laughing

WildBantha88
Tony flying in a giant creatures ear isn't being real? im sorry super intelligent people are just going to keep shooting at his super thick hide with literally no effect what so ever and not try anything like that at all? You need to be real.

WildBantha88
Please be real. laughing Rememebr Tony flying a nuke into a giant wormhole in space? and yet he wouldn't fly into a big creatures ear... *sigh* my words are wasted on you

Time Immemorial
Tony flying in a giant creatures ear isn't being real? im sorry super intelligent people are just going to keep shooting at his super thick hide with literally no effect what so ever and not try anything like that at all? You need to be real.

You said he would barely make it down his throat, now your thinking he can fly into his ear which isn't even shown to have.

Although I do agree getting flying down his throat would be nearly impossible

Get lost.

WildBantha88
like I said wasted words

Time Immemorial
Although I do agree getting flying down his throat would be nearly impossible

If its nearly impossible for him to get down his throat according to you, how is he getting in his ear which we didn't even see?

Time Immemorial
like I said wasted words

You ate your own words kiddo. Literally.

WildBantha88
You ate your own words kiddo. Literally. its like I said in the other thread, Debating politics with a toddler. The adult with always win but the toddler just doesn't have enough understanding to comprehend that they lost.

Time Immemorial
Lets go over it again step by step since you don't remember you're own writing..

Although I do agree getting flying down his throat would be nearly impossible, but there is more than one way inside Godzilla and considering how big he is one small human could fly into any of those holes.

Here you say its impossible for him to get down the largest part of his shown body, but think Iron Man can get down smaller holes?

Who is the undeveloped child? At least I can understand what I write and tell it back to you.

danielgamer
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t595456.html

I opened a topic on the same subject two days ago.

God Cloth Seiya
Godzilla stomps

DrDeadpool
Godzilla probably takes this. Thor and Hulk are the only ones who can do anything, but they can't do enough.

How Thor or Hulk can be more useful than Tony here is a mystery for me! seriously every member brings something to table that the others don't!

quanchi112
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Godzilla stomps Like you know anything about Godzilla.

Werewolf582
TBH Avengers have no way to put Godzilla down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Werewolf582
TBH Avengers have no way to put Godzilla down. Are you serious ?

Lestov16
Yes he is. And he's correct too, unless you have a screenfeat of an Avenger who can generate kilotons of energy. You don't though, so just stop.

Werewolf582
Hawkeye, cap, and widow are useless in this fight. Godzilla is stronger than hulk which is what hulk relies on. Thor is the biggest threat here but I don't see him doing much.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
Yes he is. And he's correct too, unless you have a screenfeat of an Avenger who can generate kilotons of energy. You don't though, so just stop. Far less power had ko'd Godzilla and had him on the ropes. I mean watch the film before you debate like a schmuck. Far less speed had him at a loss to combat it as well.

smile

Werewolf582
Oh god your one of those lowballers aren't you?

BruceSkywalker
Oh my, what a lovely spite thread... someone must hate the avengers

anyway Zilla stomps..

nothing the Avengers can do except die

quanchi112
Oh god your one of those lowballers aren't you? I recite facts. There is no such thing as low balling it is called providing canon evidence.

Golgo13
Godzilla.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Godzilla. Based on ?

DrDeadpool
Godzilla survived a nuke. Stark's explosives are going to be pretty much inconsequential. Plus going down the throat of a radioactive dinosaur that breathes nuclear fire is a terrible idea, even if you are wearing Iron man armor.

Actually he has a suit named Gamma which can withstand radiations. (Yes in movieverse)

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Oh my, what a lovely spite thread... someone must hate the avengers

anyway Zilla stomps..

nothing the Avengers can do except die Based on what ?

Werewolf582
Avengers can't put out the power necessary to win.

quanchi112
Avengers can't put out the power necessary to win. Are you serious ?

Werewolf582
Yes

quanchi112
Yes Did you see Godzilla ?

Lestov16
Yeah. He tanks nukes. The avengers don't. They die

/story

Werewolf582
I don't think you did Quan Cci.

quanchi112
Yeah. He tanks nukes. The avengers don't. They die

/story He feeds off the energy. Buildings ko him.

smile

Mutos with far less power than nukes can hurt him and ko him.

Hulk himself would beat him.

quanchi112
I don't think you did Quan Cci. I caught him at two mutos mercy. I also saw a building fall on him and briefly ko iirc. He passed out after he killed the final muto as well.

Werewolf582
Quit lowballing, that takes the fun out of debating.

playa1258
Thor ducks from 20mm cannon fire, Hulk gets pinned down by Chitauri blaster fire that barely messed up a rooftop. Godzilla tanked all the pacific nuke tests, a entire fleet shooting at him like it was nothing and according to the Godzilla:Awakening prequel comic(which is canon to the movie) a meteor strike that caused an extinction level event.

Avengers gets stomped.

quanchi112
Quit lowballing, that takes the fun out of debating. I am citing what hurt him not something that has energy he feeds on. The debating here is atrocious.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Thor ducks from 20mm cannon fire, Hulk gets pinned down by Chitauri blaster fire that barely messed up a rooftop. Godzilla tanked all the pacific nuke tests, a entire fleet shooting at him like it was nothing and according to the Godzilla:Awakening prequel comic(which is canon to the movie) a meteor strike that caused an extinction level event.

Avengers gets stomped. Why wouldn't he duck from it ? Godzilla was grimacing in pain when being attacked. Nukes power him up. A building ko'd him and the Mutos had him beaten when both coming at him at once. They both lack the speed and strength of Hulk IMO.

Hulk solos.

Werewolf582
Wow Quan chi just.........wow.

quanchi112
Wow Quan chi just.........wow. I am reacting facts not falsely comparing apples to oranges. Debate me if you can. Saying wow isn't a counter FYI.

Werewolf582
I really hope your just kidding. Cause you really seem to have a boner for the avengers and a hatred for Godzilla and Supes.

quanchi112
I really hope your just kidding. Cause you really seem to have a boner for the avengers and a hatred for Godzilla and Supes. Just because Godzilla loses doesn't mean I hate him. I do freely admit my disdain for the man of steel.

Werewolf582
There have been several threads that you said Godzilla would lose even though he would win.

You just proved your hatred for MOS.

WildBantha88
I still stand by Iron Man or Thor tearing Godzilla apart from the inside

Time Immemorial
I still stand by Iron Man or Thor tearing Godzilla apart from the inside

Although I do agree getting flying down his throat would be nearly impossible, but there is more than one way inside Godzilla and considering how big he is one small human could fly into any of those holes.

So it's nearly impossible to get down the largest part of his body according to you, but easier to get into the smallest parts of his body? laughing

Lestov16
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why wouldn't he duck from it ? Godzilla was grimacing in pain when being attacked. Nukes power him up. A building ko'd him and the Mutos had him beaten when both coming at him at once. They both lack the speed and strength of Hulk IMO.

Hulk solos.

A creature who broke the Golden Gate Bridge just strolling through is weaker than the Hulk, whose strongest feat to date was KOing a leviathan that Thor and IM were also able to take down? Seriously?

Also, let's not forget the female MUTO tore a gigantic hole through Yucca Mountain. Never seen Hulk do damage like that.

quanchi112
A creature who broke the Golden Gate Bridge just strolling through is weaker than the Hulk, whose strongest feat to date was KOing a leviathan that Thor and IM were also able to take down? Seriously?

Also, let's not forget the female MUTO tore a gigantic hole through Yucca Mountain. Never seen Hulk do damage like that. Yes, due to being stronger and far faster.

Hulk did so effortlessly and the means Thor did was entirely different.

A building ko'd Godzilla. Two mutos showed they had the strength and power to hurt and ko the beast.

Hulk palmed a leviathan effortlessly. Acting like he doesn't have the strength to hurt Godzila is ignoring him passing out multiple times in the film and how slow the other Mutos were.

Tattoos N Scars
Yes, due to being stronger and far faster.

A building ko'd Godzilla. Two mutos showed they had the strength and power to hurt and ko the beast.

Hulk palmed a leviathan effortlessly. Acting like he doesn't have the strength to hurt Godzila is ignoring him passing out multiple times in the film and how slow the other Mutos were.

Keep trolling, kenny boy!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Keep trolling, kenny boy!! I am reciting evidence, fisherman.

Robtard
edit DP

Robtard
Godzilla (2014)

vs

Iron Man
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawk Eye
Hulk
Thor

All as they appeared in the Avengers film.

Fight takes place in New York

Thor could likely just flying hammer his way through Godzilla's skull as he did to the ice-beast, if Mjolnir is supposed to be as unstoppable as the package read. Probably take a lot of passes though.

Hulk could likely jump up her ass and pound out her colon.

ares834
Thor's hammer isn't "unstoppable" as seen in TDW when Kurse bats it away.

Robtard
Special Factors. Kurse also didn't stop it, he redirected it in that scene. So ha.

ares834
"Special factors" my ass. If Kurse has sufficient strength to bat it aside, it's doing absolutely nothing to a guy who survived a nuke point blank.

Robtard
Nope. As far as the "point blank", we don't know that for sure. iirc, We see Godzilla swimming by the island and then the nuke goes off sometime after. We have no idea how far away and how deep Godzilla was when the atom bomb detonated.

Recall the part on the GGB where heavy caliber rounds and tank shells were causing Godzilla pain? This indicates that Mjolnir would indeed harm Godzilla.

ares834
Originally posted by Robtard
Nope. As far as the "point blank", we don't know that for sure. iirc, We see Godzilla swimming by the island and then the nuke goes off sometime after. We have no idea how far away and how deep Godzilla was when the atom bomb detonated.

We see him rise out of the ocean right next to it and then it goes off. It's even in the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc

He pretty much point blank. Thor is going to be little more than an irritant.

Originally posted by Robtard
Recall the part on the GGB where heavy caliber rounds and tank shells were causing Godzilla pain? This indicates that Mjolnir would indeed harm Godzilla.

You mean where the Destroyers were shooting missiles at him as well... And where they did absolutely no visible damage.

Lestov16
Dafuq you talking bout Rob? The bomb goes off directly next to Godzilla's dorsal spines. He was definitely at point blank range.

Robtard

We see him rise out of the ocean right next to it and then it goes off. It's even in the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc

He pretty much point blank. Thor is going to be little more than an irritant.

You mean where the Destroyers were shooting missiles at him as well... And where they did absolutely no visible damage.

Hmm. I recall it differently, but okay.

Were the missiles the most powerful weapon used in that scene? Cos I'm willing to bet a weapon that was "forged in the heart of a dying star" and one that "power has no equal" is more powerful than some SAM. They caused her pain, along with the other ordinance.

The Silent Hero
Yes, due to being stronger and far faster.

Hulk palmed a leviathan effortlessly. Acting like he doesn't have the strength to hurt Godzila is ignoring him passing out multiple times in the film and how slow the other Mutos were. No he didn't. Hulk punched the leviathan, causing it to trip and fall and reveal its fleshy underside. Like a kid tripping a grown man over. Doesn't mean they're equals. Iron Man actually ko'd it with a simple missile. That says enough about how much of a feat it is.

You say Godzilla getting beaten by MUTOs like it's a sign of weakness, the MUTOs are 1000 times stronger and tougher than anything the Avengers have. And he won that fight anyway.

The Abomination gave Hulk the fight of his life, you're not honestly saying Godzilla is weaker than either of them are you. He just has to use nuclear breath, and blow the avengers away.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
No he didn't. Hulk punched the leviathan, causing it to trip and fall and reveal its fleshy underside. Like a kid tripping a grown man over. Doesn't mean they're equals. Iron Man actually ko'd it with a simple missile. That says enough about how much of a feat it is.

You say Godzilla getting beaten by MUTOs like it's a sign of weakness, the MUTOs are 1000 times stronger and tougher than anything the Avengers have. And he won that fight anyway.

The Abomination gave Hulk the fight of his life, you're not honestly saying Godzilla is weaker than either of them are you. He just has to use nuclear breath, and blow the avengers away. Despite the momentum and weight advantage Hulk's punch stopped the thing cold. Tripping someone is sidestepping and tripping their feet not directly punching them and stopping them cold and with relative ease.

Hulk didn't attack the underside thus proving what he did was by no means due to weakness exploitation.

No, they aren't. The mutos are slow and nowhere near as impressive as Thor or the Hulk.

Based off what does that slow attack him them ?

smile

ScreamPaste
The nuke Godzilla tanked was the Castle Bravo detonation, confirmed in the tie in comic, 15 megaton. Godzilla takes this.

DTM
I would go with Godzilla, who was much larger than a Leviathan, and should be too much for even Hulk or Thor to overly damage.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
I would go with Godzilla, who was much larger than a Leviathan, and should be too much for even Hulk or Thor to overly damage. Hulk easily overpowered it with less momentum and with relative ease. Hulk and Thor can easily do so. Far less hurt him.

ScreamPaste
No one in the Avengers has the necessary output. Godzilla stands in 15 MT explosions like he doesn't give a ****.

He was the solution to the M.U.T.O.s that were going to **** up humanity if they reproduced.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
The nuke Godzilla tanked was the Castle Bravo detonation, confirmed in the tie in comic, 15 megaton. Godzilla takes this. Theres also Hiroshima and Nagasaki which were attempts to kill Godzilla. Hiroshima was 15 megatons.

Nagasaki was 22.

This is such a brutal rape for Godzilla. Stark cant hurt him, Thors lightning cant hurt him, Hulk would be dead after one atomic blast since he was obviously being worn down by the aliens laser guns, and anyone else is out of their league. There just isnt any weaponry in those movies capable of hurting godzilla

ScreamPaste
Actually, Godzilla was discovered in 1954 and those detonations occured before then, but he still stood in CB.

Epicurus
The nuke Godzilla tanked was the Castle Bravo detonation, confirmed in the tie in comic, 15 megaton. Godzilla takes this.
Nah, in the movie canon it was a kiloton device. You could call it literary liberties at making historical f*ck-ups on the writers part, but canon is canon.
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Theres also Hiroshima and Nagasaki which were attempts to kill Godzilla. Hiroshima was 15 megatons.

Nagasaki was 22.
Wrong on all 3 counts. The first being the Godzilla/Hiroshima/Nagasaki connections, the second being the output of the Hiroshima bomb, and the 3rd being about the output of the Nagasaki bomb.

I do agree that Godzilla stomps here though. Thor is the only one with the necessary firepower imo to actually hurt Godzilla, but the rest are easy sushi.

Lestov16
I doubt the avengers could even muster a single kiloton.

Epicurus
I doubt the avengers could even muster a single kiloton.
The Avengers greatest opposition so far, the Chitauri fleet, were destroyed by a single tactical nuke.

Lestov16
LOL

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Epicurus
Nah, in the movie canon it was a kiloton device. You could call it literary liberties at making historical f*ck-ups on the writers part, but canon is canon.

Wrong on all 3 counts. The first being the Godzilla/Hiroshima/Nagasaki connections, the second being the output of the Hiroshima bomb, and the 3rd being about the output of the Nagasaki bomb.

I do agree that Godzilla stomps here though. Thor is the only one with the necessary firepower imo to actually hurt Godzilla, but the rest are easy sushi. The only point in the movie that supports that idea is a no name soldier comparing the megaton level nuke to the ones dropped on Japan in WW2, not the Castle Bravo detonation. He says "it makes look like a fire cracker"

The movie also shows us footage specifically of the Castle Bravo detonation, with a crossed out godzilla drawn on the bomb, and the comic tie in even calls the event by name.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/15aa8642-3115-473b-bf9c-8a202dc7135c_zps24eae4e9.png~original

Godzilla just kind of stands in it.

Epicurus
The only point in the movie that supports that idea is a no name soldier comparing the megaton level nuke to the ones dropped on Japan in WW2, not the Castle Bravo detonation. He says "it makes look like a fire cracker"

The movie also shows us footage specifically of the Castle Bravo detonation, with a crossed out godzilla drawn on the bomb, and the comic tie in even calls the event by name.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/15aa8642-3115-473b-bf9c-8a202dc7135c_zps24eae4e9.png~original

Godzilla just kind of stands in it.
Nah, that wasn't some no-name soldier. The black dude was actually a pretty high-ranking commander(probably a Navy Admiral or something), and he specifically said , "Megatons, not kilotons. Makes the bomb we used to try and kill it with in '54 look like a firecracker.".

Well, it wasn't specified in the movie itself that it was the Castle Bravo explosion. Even if it was, I think that the script writers took literary freedom to retcon the yield of the explosion from MT to KT.

Is the comic canon to the movie though? Based on forum rules at least?

Edit- On a side note, I stumbled upon an interesting theory on how Godzilla's natural evolution to adapt to his sheer size along with his radiotrophic nature heavily contributes to his virtual invulnerability to conventional weaponry:
http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/32195
What do you think?

ScreamPaste
Nah, that wasn't some no-name soldier. The black dude was actually a pretty high-ranking commander(probably a Navy Admiral or something), and he specifically said , "Megatons, not kilotons. Makes the bomb we used to try and kill it with in '54 look like a firecracker.".

Well, it wasn't specified in the movie itself that it was the Castle Bravo explosion. Even if it was, I think that the script writers took literary freedom to retcon the yield of the explosion from MT to KT.

Is the comic canon to the movie though? Based on forum rules at least?

Edit- On a side note, I stumbled upon an interesting theory on how Godzilla's natural evolution to adapt to his sheer size along with his radiotrophic nature heavily contributes to his virtual invulnerability to conventional weaponry:
http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/32195
What do you think? I'll have to wait until the movie gets released on disc to be able to confirm that but I distinctly remember him comparing this bomb to the ones dropped on Japan. Meh. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Besides: Fallible character is fallible. estahuh

I'll check that link out soon.

quanchi112
Hulk solos.

Arachnid1

I do agree that Godzilla stomps here though. Thor is the only one with the necessary firepower imo to actually hurt Godzilla, but the rest are easy sushi. Why are those wrong? From my understanding of the intro and their explanations, Godzilla was nuked a few times. The last time was 1954. Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened in 1945. I assumed those were the first few times. Otherwise, why did Serizawa bring up Hiroshima right before they attempted to nuke Godzilla again? He even pleaded with them after bringing that up to call that off. That seems like he was using Hiroshima to reason with them.

I also looked up the yeild of both bombs before posting. Are you sure that's wrong?
http://www.warbirdforum.com/hiroshim.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon_yield

ares834
He brought up Hiroshima because tons of people died... Godzilla was still sleeping at the time of the bomb, they mention that he was woken in 1946 (Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed in '45).

TheGrat1
The only point in the movie that supports that idea is a no name soldier comparing the megaton level nuke to the ones dropped on Japan in WW2, not the Castle Bravo detonation. He says "it makes look like a fire cracker"

Actually, he did have a name. It was Captain Hampton. And from what I remember he says: "..makes the one we tried to kill it with in '54 look like a firecracker."
I think it was a script mistake, or an attempt to play up the power of the new nukes.

@ Arachnid1.

I think he brought up his father/grandfather dying in Hiroshima as a reason for his aversion to nuclear force.

Epicurus
Why are those wrong? From my understanding of the intro and their explanations, Godzilla was nuked a few times. The last time was 1954. Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened in 1945. I assumed those were the first few times. Otherwise, why did Serizawa bring up Hiroshima right before they attempted to nuke Godzilla again? He even pleaded with them after bringing that up to call that off. That seems like he was using Hiroshima to reason with them.

I also looked up the yeild of both bombs before posting. Are you sure that's wrong?
http://www.warbirdforum.com/hiroshim.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon_yield
Nope, Godzilla was discovered after the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings, when the first deep sea submarine ventured into the depths of the Pacific Ocean. He was nuked during 1954.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki yields were in kilotons. Is it so hard for you to wiki Fat Man and Little Man? The 2 bombs which destroyed those 2 Japanese cities. Especially when you provide those meaningless links, the first of which outright contradicts your megaton claim?

Epicurus
I'll have to wait until the movie gets released on disc to be able to confirm that but I distinctly remember him comparing this bomb to the ones dropped on Japan. Meh. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Besides: Fallible character is fallible. estahuh

I'll check that link out soon.
You don't have to wait for that. My memory is spot-on regarding almost every single scene in the movie. This is how that scene unfolds:

Dr Serizawa approaches the senior Admiral and begs him not to go ahead with the nuking plan. The Admiral dismisses his concerns, and asks him to verify whether this method will work. Serizawa attempts to dissuade him from carrying out the plan by pointing out that they tried that before, which is where the black Admiral jumps in and points out that they are talking about a "dial-a-yield" bomb which operates in megatons, not kilotons which would make the bomb they tried to kill it with in 54 seem like a firecracker.

Arachnid1
Nope, Godzilla was discovered after the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings, when the first deep sea submarine ventured into the depths of the Pacific Ocean. He was nuked during 1954.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki yields were in kilotons. Is it so hard for you to wiki Fat Man and Little Man? The 2 bombs which destroyed those 2 Japanese cities. Especially when you provide those meaningless links, the first of which outright contradicts your megaton claim? Oh, don't be such a tool about it. Both those 'meaningless links' are fat/little man. Both links also name them. I asked you to correct my memory on the movie, which I wasn't sure about, and made a mistake on the prefix (which i probably should have payed more attention to). Way to completely blow that out of proportion.

Epicurus
Oh, don't be such a tool about it. Both those 'meaningless links' are fat/little man. Both links also name them. I asked you to correct my memory on the movie, which I wasn't sure about, and made a mistake on the prefix (which i probably should have payed more attention to). Way to completely blow that out of proportion.
Excuses. Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings weren't 15 and 22 megatons.

Fat Man(which destroyed Nagasaki): 21 KT.
Little Boy(which destroyed Hiroshima): 16 KT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Boy

When you wikipediaed the term "Nuclear Yield", why did it feel too hard to search hiroshiman nagasaki atomic bombings on it as well?

FrothByte
This would probably end up in a stalemate, with either side having an equal chance for a victory.

The Avengers don't look like they have the firepower to take down Godzilla. On the other hand, this Godzilla's fat ass is slow as hell and I don't think it's fast enough to catch the more mobile Avengers.

Actually, only Thor and IM would be relevant here. The humans are useless and as strong as Hulk is, his melee attacks won't do much as considering Godzilla was tanking hits from those giant bats.

So either IM comes up with a plan or Thor keeps zapping Godzilla with his strongest lightning and see if that can take it out or at least make it run away from the fight. In the end, it will be a fight of endurance. Can Godzilla tank Thor's and IM's firepower long enough for him to eventually tag them with a lucky strike? Or can Thor and IM continue assaulting Godzilla while dodging out of the way long enough till Godzilla gets worn down.

Epicurus
Originally posted by FrothByte
This would probably end up in a stalemate, with either side having an equal chance for a victory.

The Avengers don't look like they have the firepower to take down Godzilla. On the other hand, this Godzilla's fat ass is slow as hell and I don't think it's fast enough to catch the more mobile Avengers.

Actually, only Thor and IM would be relevant here. The humans are useless and as strong as Hulk is, his melee attacks won't do much as considering Godzilla was tanking hits from those giant bats.

So either IM comes up with a plan or Thor keeps zapping Godzilla with his strongest lightning and see if that can take it out or at least make it run away from the fight. In the end, it will be a fight of endurance. Can Godzilla tank Thor's and IM's firepower long enough for him to eventually tag them with a lucky strike? Or can Thor and IM continue assaulting Godzilla while dodging out of the way long enough till Godzilla gets worn down.
He was fast enough to intercept the male MUTO with his tail as the latter was flying towards him in another sucker-shot.

IM lacks the firepower to put a dent on Goji.

FrothByte
He was fast enough to intercept the male MUTO with his tail as the latter was flying towards him in another sucker-shot.

IM lacks the firepower to put a dent on Goji.

And those Muto's were every bit as slow as he was. And yes, IM lacks the firepower to dent Godzilla, though it would be interesting to see what he can do if he gets inside like he did the leviathan. Best bet the Avengers have is get Thor to keep spamming lightning while Tony thinks of a solution. It still seems more plausible than thinking that Godzilla can actually hit either IM or Thor.

Epicurus
And those Muto's were every bit as slow as he was. And yes, IM lacks the firepower to dent Godzilla, though it would be interesting to see what he can do if he gets inside like he did the leviathan. Best bet the Avengers have is get Thor to keep spamming lightning while Tony thinks of a solution. It still seems more plausible than thinking that Godzilla can actually hit either IM or Thor.
Nope they weren't. The male MUTO was definitely fast for its size.

So you mean to tell me that IM can just wade inside Goji's radioactive insides without even the slightest bit of repercussions? What feats are you basing this on?

I guess he could come up with a way to bfr the beast. Given Goji's size, strength, hf and overall raw power, I see the chances of the Avengers beating him in a direct fight as nill.

Arachnid1
Excuses. Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings weren't 15 and 22 megatons.

Fat Man(which destroyed Nagasaki): 21 KT.
Little Boy(which destroyed Hiroshima): 16 KT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Boy

When you wikipediaed the term "Nuclear Yield", why did it feel too hard to search hiroshiman nagasaki atomic bombings on it as well? Because I like it when you talk dirty to me, you whore.

FrothByte
Nope they weren't. The male MUTO was definitely fast for its size.

So you mean to tell me that IM can just wade inside Goji's radioactive insides without even the slightest bit of repercussions? What feats are you basing this on?

I guess he could come up with a way to bfr the beast. Given Goji's size, strength, hf and overall raw power, I see the chances of the Avengers beating him in a direct fight as nill.

You're right, the male MUTO as slightly faster than Godzilla... still was slow as hell though and no where near comparable to how nimble IM or Thor are.

IM can survive outerspace in his suit. Can survive underwater. Can survive Thor's lightning blasts. Sure it may not survive Godzillas innards, but there's really no poof that Godzilla's insides are really all that lethal. It's not like he's breathing his atomic breath all the time.

Like I said in my original post, there's a good chance that this ends in a stalemate. Avengers can't take down Godzilla and Godzilla can't hit Avengers. We'll see who drops from exhaustion first.

Epicurus
You're right, the male MUTO as slightly faster than Godzilla... still was slow as hell though and no where near comparable to how nimble IM or Thor are.

IM can survive outerspace in his suit. Can survive underwater. Can survive Thor's lightning blasts. Sure it may not survive Godzillas innards, but there's really no poof that Godzilla's insides are really all that lethal. It's not like he's breathing his atomic breath all the time.

Like I said in my original post, there's a good chance that this ends in a stalemate. Avengers can't take down Godzilla and Godzilla can't hit Avengers. We'll see who drops from exhaustion first.
Goji is fast enough to traverse halfway around the world in a matter of a single day.

When did he show the ability to survive in outer space? IIRC, the only time he went in outer space, his suit lost power and he almost died(Chitauri portal). Surviving underwater isn't a big deal.

I doubt it's Goji, due to his healing factor and all. Hulk also got taken out by the Chitauri blasts. He's not tanking Goji's atomic beam.

Epicurus
Because I like it when you talk dirty to me, you whore.
I want you to kneel down. Do what you're supposed to do as an apology.

TH3_V01D
FrothByte is a hardcore marvel fanboy.

He keeps throwing excuses in favor of the weak as shit marvel movie verse characters, just like he did in the MOS versus Avengers thread, they friggin die agaist the Big G.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TH3_V01D

He keeps throwing excuses in favor of the weak as shit marvel movie verse characters, just like he did in the MOS versus Avengers thread, they friggin die agaist the Big G. You're still salty at Marvel's success.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TH3_V01D

He keeps throwing excuses in favor of the weak as shit marvel movie verse characters, just like he did in the MOS versus Avengers thread, they friggin die agaist the Big G.

Sure they die, if he's able to hit them. And I'm pretty sure I said MOS can take out the Avengers, or at least majority of them. Just that it won't be as easy as some people think it would be. There have been lots of threads I went against the Avengers, and to be honest I'm not saying they win here either. Thus why I said it's a stalemate.

FrothByte
Goji is fast enough to traverse halfway around the world in a matter of a single day.

When did he show the ability to survive in outer space? IIRC, the only time he went in outer space, his suit lost power and he almost died(Chitauri portal). Surviving underwater isn't a big deal.

I doubt it's Goji, due to his healing factor and all. Hulk also got taken out by the Chitauri blasts. He's not tanking Goji's atomic beam.

Are you equating his swimming speed with his fighting speed?

Besides, I never said the Avengers can tank his attacks. They can't. I just have a hard time imagining how something that slow and lumbering can hit IM or Thor when they're in flight.

quanchi112
Hulk was never taken out by Chitauri blasts either.

TheGrat1

Besides, I never said the Avengers can tank his attacks. They can't. I just have a hard time imagining how something that slow and lumbering can hit IM or Thor when they're in flight.
Thor is easily Goji's biggest priority here. However Thor has never shown much evasiveness in flight. He pretty much flies in a straight line. It would be tough, but Goji got the flying MUTO's timing down after it had made a couple of passes, and I could see him doing the same to Thor.

IM can't hurt him so his mobility means little.

Also, Zilla's speed is underrated. He looks slow but even small movements are covering dozens if not hundreds of feet.

Epicurus

He was fast enough to cross several hundred meters within a few seconds when he first faced off against the female MUTO. He uses body thrust to swim, so I don't see why this lessens his speed simply because he swam.

laughing out loud That slow and lumbering thing caught the male MUTO midair. You know, the very same MUTO who destroyed an attack helicopter with little more than a shrug, and took out multiple F-22s from the sky.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.