Darth Zannah vs Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Darth Zannah from DoE
Mace windu from RtoS

Fight takes place on a dark side nexus

who wins who dies?

NewGuy01
Mace, even without the Vaapad effect.

Nephthys
Zannah tentacle rapes.

King Joker
Windu.

Nephthys
How does Windu deal with the darkside tentacles?

BlackZero30x
Im finishing up The Rule of Two. I'll be back after Dynasty of Evil! lol

Emperordmb
If Zannah has access to tendrils, I think she could take him.

carthage
Of course you think so lol.

Nephthys
Of course, he has a brain.

NewGuy01
Simple. The Tendrils, by definition, are pure manifestations of the Dark Side. Mace turns them against her like he did Palpatine's lightning. wink

/uberpaad

Nephthys
Yeah, bullshit.

NewGuy01
"he had time only to slip back into Vaapad and catch the forking arcs of pure, dazzling hatred that clawed toward him. Because Vaapad is more than a fighting style. It is a state of mind: a channel for darkness. Power passed into him and out again without touching him. And the circuit completed itself: the lightning reflected back to its source. Palpatine staggered, snarling, but the blistering energy that loured from his hands only intensified. He fed the power with his pain."

-Revenge of the Sith

"Somehow Zannah had given substance and corporeality to the dark side, transforming it into half a dozen shadowy, serpent-like minions rising up from the ground."

-Dynasty of Evil

Vaapad can channel darkness and redirect it at it's source. The Dark Side Tendrils are the purest manifestations of the darkness.

Nephthys
I am well aware of those quotes, just as I am aware that thats not how Vaapad works. There actually needs to be a connection, an actual technique used to send it back. Mace simply used tutaminis to redirect Palps lightning back at him, with Vaapads help. He has absolutely no clue how to to.... what? Absorb and send back the tentacles? That's not possible at all.

If it was that simple Mace wouldn't need his lightsaber. He'd just use Vaapad to send the lightning back. Except that's not how it works. That quote is almost entirely metaphysical.

WildBantha88
Tendrils dissolve anything they touch. If mace gets touched, he ends up like bane did

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
Of course you think so lol.
There is no known defense against them, they evidently move very fast, cause almost unbearable pain, and dissolve anything they touch.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Of course, he has a brain.
Indeed

NewGuy01
Absorb and send back the tentacles? That's not possible at all.

Uh, why not? They're pure dark energy, dude. Why couldn't they be absorbed with Tutaminis?

And regardless, the novel never described Mace using Tutaminis, it said he used Vaapad to channel and reverb the lightning.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Uh, why not? They're pure dark energy, dude. Why couldn't they be absorbed with Tutaminis?

And regardless, the novel never described Mace using Tutaminis, it said he used Vaapad to channel and reverb the lightning.
True, but he had his lightsaber to block it with before returning it back.

WildBantha88
Tutaminus absorbs and redirects ENERGY based attacks. Tendrils was described as shadowy minions. Doesn't sound like an energy based attack to me

NewGuy01
Shadowy wisps compromised from pure dark side energy = energy. erm

Emperordmb
It's worth noting that he caught the lightning on his saber before redirecting it.

Nephthys

It's not possible because Windu can't do that level of tutaminis. Plus if he tries to touch it it'll just melt him.

By tutaminis I mean reflecting with a lightsaber. I just refer to it like that because its basically the same thing. Either way, Mace isn't purely using Vaapad, hence why he needed the lightsaber. As I said, that description was mostly metaphysical. I mean, the lightning didn't actually pass through him, did it?

The tentacles were unaffected by the Force and a lightsaber straight up phased through it. Mace wouldn't affect it at all.

WildBantha88
"Somehow Zannah had given substance and corporeality to the dark side, transforming it into half a dozen shadowy, serpent-like minions rising up from the ground."

They were made out of the dark side itself, not simply dark side energy

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
It's worth noting that he caught the lightning on his saber before redirecting it.

Yes, you've said that twice in a row now.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by WildBantha88

They were made out of the dark side itself, not simply dark side energy

Explain to me what the difference is. Force Lightning has been described as a physical manifestation of the dark side as well.

Emperordmb
Yes, you've said that twice in a row now.
Because it is considerably important and despite this, the argument is still being made that he could block the Tendrils solely with Vaapad.

Nephthys
Explain to me what the difference is. Force Lightning has been described as a physical manifestation of the dark side as well.

But its still lightning, hence why Galen Marek could power machines with it.

WildBantha88
Explain to me what the difference is. Force Lightning has been described as a physical manifestation of the dark side as well. Well it doesn't matter. The level of skill to actually absorb or deflect pure dark side energy is above the level of skill any starwars character has with tutaminus.

FL is the darkside projected into lightning. This is pure dark side energy, far more dangerous than lightning, Mace Windus only hope is to out maneuver these shadow minions

NewGuy01
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Well it doesn't matter. The level of skill to actually absorb or deflect pure dark side energy is above the level of skill any starwars character has with tutaminus.

Pfft, I'd wager Yoda or Revan could do it.

WildBantha88
Pfft, I'd wager Yoda or Revan could do it. Yoda had a hard time with Sidious's lightning which is not even close to pure dark side energy.

Based
I'm sure the huge gap between Sidious and Zannah makes up for it.

Nephthys
There is no huge gap.

DarthAnt66
Ultra huge gap?

NewGuy01
thumb up

Nephthys
No, Zannah isn't that much more powerful than him. I personally put them rather close.

NewGuy01
laughing

WildBantha88
No, Zannah isn't that much more powerful than him. I personally put them rather close. You mean RToS Sidious?

King Joker
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.