Kun/Malgus v. Vader/Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
Takes place on a Dark side nexus. Legends versions of each. In lieu of live-action movies, novelisations will be substituted instead.

Who wins?

carthage
Lots of factors to consider. Kun's amulet blasts utterly disintegrated other beings, but Vader's TK is immense and with a nexus could match Kun.

I don't have any idea.

Nephthys
Team 1.

Malgus > Vader

Kun > Maul

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Nephthys
Team 1.

Malgus > Vader

Kun > Maul lol @ Malgus> Vader

Nephthys
True things aren't funny.

Malgus is a better duelist and he has superior Force powers. His lightning would **** Vader up, his TK is probably better than Vaders, his Force Scream is cool too and he has his special Force Maelstrom attack as well.

WildBantha88
Better duelist...no
Vader has been subjected to more powerful force lightning that Malgus's plus he can absorb it with his lightsaber.
Better TK...no
Force scream is cool
And yes he has Force Maelstrom

You just got a 40% on your quiz.

Nephthys
Yep. Vader is too slow and has that glaring chest weakness.

Vader died to more powerful lightning than Malgus' you mean. Vader hasn't demonstrated the ability to block lightning as powerful as Malgus' with a lightsaber.

Yes. He ragdolled 3 members of the Strike Team while fighting the 4th.

Emperordmb
I consider Vader and Malgus quite close actually.

Vader I would give the edge to as a duelist due to greater technical mastery.

Both are comparable physically.

Both are beasts with TK.

Malgus does have lightning in his favor.

All in all it's closer than most people seem to think.

NewGuy01
Both are beasts with TK, but Vader's showings with it are still significantly greater.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Both are beasts with TK, but Vader's showings with it are still significantly greater.
I do have Vader as the superior of the two, I'm merely pointing out that there's not a huge disparity between the two.

NewGuy01
Who's denying that?

WildBantha88
Yep. Vader is too slow and has that glaring chest weakness.

Vader died to more powerful lightning than Malgus' you mean. Vader hasn't demonstrated the ability to block lightning as powerful as Malgus' with a lightsaber.

that one is close but I consider Vader to be better. He isn't very slow as you seam to believe and when has that chest piece ever been actually hit? my point... he protects that thing very well

Died to Sidious's lightning yes but I was referring to Starkiller subduing him via lightning.

Okay? Vader could do the same

NewGuy01
Uh, Galen got two slashes on Vader's chest and nothing happened.

Nephthys
Originally posted by WildBantha88
that one is close but I consider Vader to be better. He isn't very slow as you seam to believe and when has that chest piece ever been actually hit? my point... he protects that thing very well

Died to Sidious's lightning yes but I was referring to Starkiller subduing him via lightning.

Okay? Vader could do the same

I know he isn't slow, he's just not very fast. Malgus' speed should be faster than his. Vaders whole style is built around protecting that box. Its a weakness.

Either way he lost. And Malgus' lightning is better than Starkillers. He pwned a Jedi powerful to collapse two buildings with it, killed 3 Jedi at once with it, pwned Aryn Leneer with it and could bring Darth Nox and the Emperors Wrath to their knees with it.

No, he couldn't. Not with the caliber of opponents he was fighting. The weakest that feat could be is him ragdolling the Wrath while fighting Nox. Which is still better than anything Vader has done.

Based

A dark council member ragdolled all four members of the party. Same thing as Malgus, you're force choked for a certain amount of time but this time it's everyone. Lord Tagriss working for the Dread Masters did the same thing but he may have had a nexus.

Regardless if we're counting these as feats it's getting less impressive by the day.

Nephthys
Soverus was on Korriban too. Plus I'm not sure he was using the Force instead of the machines in the room. That attack is... odd.

DarthAnt66
Game mechanics or cutscene?

Nephthys
In the fight, same as Malgus. Except its not a choke.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Game mechanics or cutscene?

Nephthys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKg8RbYcX_c

As I said its a weird attack. Whats up with the lights? What the hell is he doing? What is even going on?

Plus I'm not sure about the continuity of the quest. Either way it would be pretty dumb for one of the Republic characters to solo 3 Dark Council members in a row on Corellia and then have all 4 of them ragdolled by this one guy.

DarthAnt66
So game mechanics.

PTforthewin
True things aren't funny.

Malgus is a better duelist and he has superior Force powers. His lightning would **** Vader up, his TK is probably better than Vaders, his Force Scream is cool too and he has his special Force Maelstrom attack as well. Galen marek had maelstrom as well

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
So game mechanics.

Is this double standards I hear?

The Merchant
Team 2. I think Maul has better showings than Kun does actually, Kun only really has his energy blasts that I believe Maul's fast enough to dodge. Vader can just overpower Malgus via TK, dude is powerful enough to blast through blast doors, material that was capable of resisting tank firepower, and destroy a cathedral. He also can survive bombs and was fast enough to reacto to TIE fighters firepower as well.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Is this double standards I hear?
I never said I wouldn't count it. wink

Nephthys
Originally posted by The Merchant
Vader can just overpower Malgus via TK, dude is powerful enough to blast through blast doors, material that was capable of resisting tank firepower, and destroy a cathedral. He also can survive bombs and was fast enough to reacto to TIE fighters firepower as well.

Satele Shan could also blast through blast doors and Malgus beat her. And Malgus pwned a Jedi who could destroy two large buildings with the Force.

WildBantha88
Satele Shan could also blast through blast doors and Malgus beat her. And Malgus pwned a Jedi who could destroy two large buildings with the Force. Malgus didn't beat Satele via TK. When she TK blasted him all he could do is stand there and yell

NewGuy01
She was only capable of that after absorbing the energies of a lightsaber blade.

Nephthys
Before that Malgus tossed her into a tree with TK too. Perhaps not proof that he's > her in TK, but in the end he did better with it than her in the fight. But my point was that smashing a blast door isn't going to be enough to beat Malgus. Especially since Malgus dramatically improved after his fight with Satele.

WildBantha88
Before that Malgus tossed her into a tree with TK too. Perhaps not proof that he's > her in TK, but in the end he did better with it than her in the fight. But my point was that smashing a blast door isn't going to be enough to beat Malgus. Especially since Malgus dramatically improved after his fight with Satele. So did satele

WildBantha88
Also catching someone off gurad with a force push does not make you there better in terms of TK. Her breaking of the tree is more impressive than his little push

Stealth Moose
Kun solos.

Darth Martin
Malgus is the better duelist. Vader has the superior TK.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.