Yoda vs Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Arena Fight

Blood Lusted

quanchi112
Sidious wins. Yoda is an epic failure. Even he himself admits it.

Lestov16
I doubt this thread has ever been made before. TI is definitely not a lazy bastard for not doing a simple site search wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
I doubt this thread has ever been made before. TI is definitely not a lazy bastard for not doing a simple site search wink Quit crying and answer the thread.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
I doubt this thread has ever been made before. TI is definitely not a lazy bastard for not doing a simple site search wink

Actually it never has in this forum. I did a site search and google search for it, nothing came up.

The Spleen
MVF rules that fights that have already happened onscreen cannot be made into a thread.

Yoda wins saber duel, Sidious wins force duel.

Dramatic Gecko
Actually the force dual they both rebounded equally but Yoda was on the wrong side.

The Spleen
Yeah.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Spleen
MVF rules that fights that have already happened onscreen cannot be made into a thread.

Yoda wins saber duel, Sidious wins force duel. Sidious wins. Despite his cowardice he prevailed over the overhyped Yoda.

The Spleen
Nah, Yoda was winning the saber duel.

quanchi112
Nah, Yoda was winning the saber duel. This isn't just a saber duel. Yoda lost. He went down and left in shame.

The Spleen
No lightsabers? Boring.

quanchi112
No lightsabers? Boring. They have them but if they lose them the fight still goes on. Palpatine ko'd him as well at the start if the fight.

Placidity
Yoda.

Without being able to stay at range, Sidious will lose in a saber fight eventually.

And if it is a re-match from Ep III, then Yoda even more so since he knows what to expect.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Placidity
Yoda.

Without being able to stay at range, Sidious will lose in a saber fight eventually.

And if it is a re-match from Ep III, then Yoda even more so since he knows what to expect. He didn't need to stay out of range when he ko'd Yoda with a lightning blast.

Time Immemorial
Nah, Yoda was winning the saber duel.

Yoda had enough trouble with Dooku..and serious trouble with Sidious.
I seem to remember Sidious taking on 3 Masters at once with Windu in the mix.

And Windu doing a better job at taking him down then Yoda.

So Windu>Yoda in a saber fight.

Windu would have pwned Dooku.

The Spleen
Originally posted by Placidity
Yoda.

And if it is a re-match from Ep III, then Yoda even more so since he knows what to expect. This.

Darth Martin
Yoda wins. Better swordsman and can counter Sidious' force powers.

ares834
Toss up. The two are equal and opposites.

Zack Fair
Split with a slight edge to Yoda.

Tattoos N Scars
Sidious had the high ground, which helped him a lot

Zack Fair
Not to mention Yoda wasn't the one crapping his pants in their force lightning duel.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Not to mention Yoda wasn't the one crapping his pants in their force lightning duel.

He was too busy grimacing in pain.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tempest you know better buddy... I expect better out of the resident Star Wars vs forum guys... Yoda stopped grimacing when he buckled down and started to overpower Sids and his lighting. At which point, Sidious had a bowel movement as seen by his expression.

For the thread... yoda wins... He disarmed Sidious i.e. better with sabers... Sidious tried to RUN from Yoda instead of fight him... Yoda stared to overpower Sidious in the force duel = Yoda is sidious slight.. slight superior but they are relatively equal.

The_Tempest
Cool story...

Doesn't... change the... fact that.. Yoda... was in pain... thumb up

Zack Fair
In pain, but still the man. Sidious on the other hand looked like a *****.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Tempest you know better buddy... I expect better out of the resident Star Wars vs forum guys... Yoda stopped grimacing when he buckled down and started to overpower Sids and his lighting. At which point, Sidious had a bowel movement as seen by his expression.

For the thread... yoda wins... He disarmed Sidious i.e. better with sabers... Sidious tried to RUN from Yoda instead of fight him... Yoda stared to overpower Sidious in the force duel = Yoda is sidious slight.. slight superior but they are relatively equal. Sidious tried running due to cowardice and not risking everything but they fought. Sidious prevailed. Sidious while disarmed off screen still managed to gain the higher ground and managed to stay on the pod while Yoda took a nosedive. Sidious disarmed Yoda due to his powers and on screen.

Sidious wins. Force lightning proved to be a proven a big problem for Yoda. It briefly ko'd him initially and disarmed him later on thereby knocking him from the pod for the slight win.

Dramatic Gecko
Awww but be reasonable Quan. The fight was pretty equal, and Yoda countered the throwing senate pods and made Sidious shit himself. Yoda lost because he was on the wrong side of the pod. had sidious fallen on that side Yoda would have won. If they were on equal footing with no thirty foot drop on one side they would have both gotten up and fought for another 50 minutes.

The_Tempest
In pain, but still the man. Sidious on the other hand looked like a *****.

Cool story.

Bottom line is that you were being overtly disingenuous. Sidious was alarmed, Yoda was in agony. Hell, Yoda looks like he's about to shit his robe in the beginning of the fight, a split second before Sidious nails him with lightning and KO's him. Who was the ***** then?

See what I'm getting at here?

Time Immemorial
Wasn't Sidious tossing pods like toys at yoda?

Darth Martin
All luck-based that fall was. More times than not Yoda will kill Sidious.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Cool story.

Bottom line is that you were being overtly disingenuous. Sidious was alarmed, Yoda was in agony. Hell, Yoda looks like he's about to shit his robe in the beginning of the fight, a split second before Sidious nails him with lightning and KO's him. Who was the ***** then?

See what I'm getting at here? Me thinks you're butthurt about Sidious looking and sounding MOcSZlPrzOs

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sidious tried running due to cowardice and not risking everything but they fought. Sidious prevailed. Sidious while disarmed off screen still managed to gain the higher ground and managed to stay on the pod while Yoda took a nosedive. Sidious disarmed Yoda due to his powers and on screen.

Sidious wins. Force lightning proved to be a proven a big problem for Yoda. It briefly ko'd him initially and disarmed him later on thereby knocking him from the pod for the slight win.

You said it EXACTLY he tried to run from Yoda.. He was scared of facing him down. We can see why... Yoda DISARMED him in saber combat.. proving to be the better duelist. Sids tried the lighting again.. and AGAIN Yoda overpowered said lighting and Sids look like he saw a ghoat as yoda started to pour it on. Just because Yoda weighs less and was on the edge of the pod.. while Sids was IN the pod and thus yoda was sent flying further.. doesn't mean Sids won. Not even close to true. I view them as relatively equal with the slight edge to Yoda.

Dramatic Gecko
Me thinks you're butthurt about Sidious looking and sounding like a MOcSZlPrzOs

I love you.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Martin
All luck-based that fall was. More times than not Yoda will kill Sidious. It wasn't luck based it was about better positioning.

The_Tempest
Me thinks you're butthurt about Sidious looking and sounding like a *****.

Absolutely devastated, really.

Speaking of looking and sounding like a *****, I'll take your lack of rebuttal as a tacit concession that I've made my point and bask in your impotent rage.

http://i.imgur.com/fU9jYP0.png

quanchi112
You said it EXACTLY he tried to run from Yoda.. He was scared of facing him down. We can see why... Yoda DISARMED him in saber combat.. proving to be the better duelist. Sids tried the lighting again.. and AGAIN Yoda overpowered said lighting and Sids look like he saw a ghoat as yoda started to pour it on. Just because Yoda weighs less and was on the edge of the pod.. while Sids was IN the pod and thus yoda was sent flying further.. doesn't mean Sids won. Not even close to true. I view them as relatively equal with the slight edge to Yoda. Due to cowardice but he stayed and fought. We see what happened. He disarmed him and failed to best him. This further proves disarming Sidious doesn't necessarily beat him unless you're Windu.

Yoda says he failed. He did. Sidious won. You pretending Yoda came there to leave with his tail in between his legs with the emperor alive is contradictory to the film.

Gaining the higher ground is quite important to Jedi and Sith.

Dramatic Gecko

Speaking of looking and sounding like a *****, I'll take your lack of rebuttal as a tacit concession that I've made my point and bask in your impotent rage.

http://i.imgur.com/fU9jYP0.png

Oh god that is priceless.

Dramatic Gecko
Due to cowardice but he stayed and fought. We see what happened. He disarmed him and failed to best him. This further proves disarming Sidious doesn't necessarily beat him unless you're Windu.

Yoda says he failed. He did. Sidious won. You pretending Yoda came there to leave with his tail in between his legs with the emperor alive is contradictory to the film.

I guess Sidious is the better strategist. I mean he did take over the galaxy. Yoda seemed more powerful and had the edge in combat. But I have to a *has aneurism* agree with Quan. Sidious was a bit smarter and kept a better defensive position.

Zack Fair

http://i.imgur.com/fU9jYP0.png I rather feed on your tears.

http://i.imgur.com/QywS5z7.gif

But if you insist; they were equal. Yoda bested him in lightsaber combat, and was overpowering Sidious's lightning. Situational awareness went to Palpatine though and this makes him a winner all right. Yoda ran because backup was on the way.

Nothing else to talk about really. If you put them in a desert/blank arena and just have them fight you might as well flip a coin on the winner.

Dramatic Gecko
I think Yoda would eventually win in a small arena with no where to go.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
I think Yoda would eventually win in a small arena with no where to go. Probably. Which is why I said he has a slight edge based on how he managed to outperform, however sightly, Sidious in lightsabers and force might.

Time Immemorial
Problem is Yoda never bested Dooku or Sidious and Sidious never bested Windu.

However Sidious did take on a 3 masters at the same time including Wimdu, no one else had done that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Due to cowardice but he stayed and fought. We see what happened. He disarmed him and failed to best him. This further proves disarming Sidious doesn't necessarily beat him unless you're Windu.

Ummm No... Yoda falling further DOESN'T MEAN SIDIOUS WON. We've gone over this before... yoda GOAL was to kill sidious.. he didn't accomplish said goal... doesn't mean he lost. Do you know the difference between a goal and winning or losing a fight? They aren't mutually inclusive. For example....

Whitaker could claim he plans on KOing chavez and being the first to do so. That is his goal. Yet, he is unable to do so but still wins a clear unanimous decision as he looked superior none the less. See how that works... he didn't do what he said he goal was.. but he still looked superior. how about another sport.... The Ravens could say hteir goal is to give Ray Rice at least 25 touches and run the ball 65% of the time.... They don't do either... and yet still win. They stated their goal and their game plan... they didn't do either but still won. Failing at a task you set out for.. doesn't mean you don't look superior. Same thing with yoda and sidious. Yoda looked superior and is slightly superior.

Difference between Windu and Yoda was the terrain.. if Yoda had disarmed Sids the same way Mace did on LEVEL GROUND... Yoda would've easily killed him. Just like Windu could've. Try coming up with a decent argument quan. Please. This whole... ohhh he fell further thus he lost isn't one

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Problem is Yoda never bested Dooku or Sidious and Sidious never bested Windu.

However Sidious did take on a 3 masters at the same time including Wimdu, no one else had done that. Yoda never bested Dooku? He was basically showing him who's the alpha male. Dooku had to use Obi-Wan and Anakin as a get out of jail free card.

The 3 masters were pretty much useless TBH. If you don't know anything about EU and just take them for what they did in movies they were featless wonders and pretty much cannon fodder. Did they serve their point to prove Sidious was a big bad boss? Sure. Is it anywhere as impressive as watching Yoda put Dooku in his place after this Dooku owned our titular heroes? Nope. Not in my book anyway.

Time Immemorial
Yoda never bested Dooku? He was basically showing him who's the alpha male. Dooku had to use Obi-Wan and Anakin as a get out of jail free card.

The 3 masters were pretty much useless TBH. If you don't know anything about EU and just take them for what they did in movies they were featless wonders.

Fair enough

Dramatic Gecko
I cried the first time I saw Kit Fisto die. But he lasted longer than the other two.

Zack Fair
Yeah. About .5 seconds longer and he got to block two swings.

Man. FKN Lucas. That fight should have been much more epic.

Zack Fair
I'd say Sidious won fair and square. To quote Ras Al Ghul "Always mind your surroundings."

quanchi112
Ummm No... Yoda falling further DOESN'T MEAN SIDIOUS WON. We've gone over this before... yoda GOAL was to kill sidious.. he didn't accomplish said goal... doesn't mean he lost. Do you know the difference between a goal and winning or losing a fight? They aren't mutually inclusive. For example....

Whitaker could claim he plans on KOing chavez and being the first to do so. That is his goal. Yet, he is unable to do so but still wins a clear unanimous decision as he looked superior none the less. See how that works... he didn't do what he said he goal was.. but he still looked superior. how about another sport.... The Ravens could say hteir goal is to give Ray Rice at least 25 touches and run the ball 65% of the time.... They don't do either... and yet still win. They stated their goal and their game plan... they didn't do either but still won. Failing at a task you set out for.. doesn't mean you don't look superior. Same thing with yoda and sidious. Yoda looked superior and is slightly superior.

Difference between Windu and Yoda was the terrain.. if Yoda had disarmed Sids the same way Mace did on LEVEL GROUND... Yoda would've easily killed him. Just like Windu could've. Try coming up with a decent argument quan. Please. This whole... ohhh he fell further thus he lost isn't one Being disarmed and fleeing the scene means he lost. Yoda hid and made his evacuation of said place.

The boxer doesn't leave the ring with his tail in between his legs. Yoda failed and lost. Palpatine gained the higher ground and made Yoda pay for it. All on film.

Your points rest on speculation mine are built on facts. Thats the difference between you and I on this topic. Palpatine wins, again.

Facts win debates not coulda, wouldas, shouldas.

The_Tempest
I rather feed on your tears.

http://i.imgur.com/QywS5z7.gif

Those aren't tears you be eagerly lapping up, bro.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1571472/creepy-smile-o.gif

But if you insist; they were equal. Yoda bested him in lightsaber combat, and was overpowering Sidious's lightning. Situational awareness went to Palpatine though and this makes him a winner all right. Yoda ran because backup was on the way.

Nothing else to talk about really. If you put them in a desert/blank arena and just have them fight you might as well flip a coin on the winner.

Maybe.

Zack Fair
Those aren't tears you be eagerly lapping up, bro.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1571472/creepy-smile-o.gif

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2014/05/JULES/Cute_baby_GIFs/adorable-baby-gifs-blog-muchmusic-com.gif

KuRuPT Thanosi
Being disarmed and fleeing the scene means he lost. Yoda hid and made his evacuation of said place.

The boxer doesn't leave the ring with his tail in between his legs. Yoda failed and lost. Palpatine gained the higher ground and made Yoda pay for it. All on film.

Your points rest on speculation mine are built on facts. Thats the difference between you and I on this topic. Palpatine wins, again.

Facts win debates not coulda, wouldas, shouldas.

Of course they do.. happens all the time... Joe Louis tried to leave the ring before the verdict was read when he fought Walcott.. Louis was still awarded the victory. Rampage tried to leave the ring and said he lost against Ninja... He was awarded the victory anyways. This happens all the time. They don't fight as well as they would like or didn't do what they set out to do or follow the game plan but still looked superior enough. You still didn't answer my question...

When Whitaker STATES HIS GOAL IS TO KO CHAVEZ and be the first to do so. That is his stated goal... Can he still looked superior without accomplishing his goal?

There is no would've should've or could've in my argument at all. Mace DID beat Sidious on LEVEL GROUND... Saying yoda would've done the same on Level ground isn't speculation... that's how it would go. You even said so yourself when you went on and on about Sidious even while being disarmed got the higher ground and was thus about to survive. You said this multiple times... proving exactly what Im' saying true.

It comes down to this... There are two aspects to a fight... Sabers and force powers... yoda won the saber dual.. check in yoda's column. So Sids NEEDS to win the force powers in order for it to even be a tie.. Well let's see.... Sids lands lighting before Yoda braces... sends him flying.. point for sids... Yoda counters and does a force push and sends Sids flying... Having felt Yoda's power.. Sids TRIES TO FLEE.. Point for Yoda. Then we see sids fire lighting at yoda at which point... Yoda engages him in a force battle.... Sids initially gains the upper hand.. but Yoda buckles down and starts to overpower Sids as seen in the movie... Sids looks to be finished (Lucas' own script says exactly that.. sids looks doomed) Thus Yoda gained the force advantage for the fight. Yoda won both columns of the fight thus he looked superior. Which column do you give Sids again?

quanchi112
Of course they do.. happens all the time... Joe Louis tried to leave the ring before the verdict was read when he fought Walcott.. Louis was still awarded the victory. Rampage tried to leave the ring and said he lost against Ninja... He was awarded the victory anyways. This happens all the time. They don't fight as well as they would like or didn't do what they set out to do or follow the game plan but still looked superior enough. You still didn't answer my question...

When Whitaker STATES HIS GOAL IS TO KO CHAVEZ and be the first to do so. That is his stated goal... Can he still looked superior without accomplishing his goal?

There is no would've should've or could've in my argument at all. Mace DID beat Sidious on LEVEL GROUND... Saying yoda would've done the same on Level ground isn't speculation... that's how it would go. You even said so yourself when you went on and on about Sidious even while being disarmed got the higher ground and was thus about to survive. You said this multiple times... proving exactly what Im' saying true.

It comes down to this... There are two aspects to a fight... Sabers and force powers... yoda won the saber dual.. check in yoda's column. So Sids NEEDS to win the force powers in order for it to even be a tie.. Well let's see.... Sids lands lighting before Yoda braces... sends him flying.. point for sids... Yoda counters and does a force push and sends Sids flying... Having felt Yoda's power.. Sids TRIES TO FLEE.. Point for Yoda. Then we see sids fire lighting at yoda at which point... Yoda engages him in a force battle.... Sids initially gains the upper hand.. but Yoda buckles down and starts to overpower Sids as seen in the movie... Sids looks to be finished (Lucas' own script says exactly that.. sids looks doomed) Thus Yoda gained the force advantage for the fight. Yoda won both columns of the fight thus he looked superior. Which column do you give Sids again? Leaving in the middle of the fight is different than leaving after the matchup and before the decision.

Yoda failed. He admitted it and blatantly lost. Your question is stupid.

Since it didn't occur it is speculation. Windu doesn't use the same fighting style at all. Yoda fought Dooku on level ground and didn't beat him either. Facts. That just shows Palpatine knew what he needed to do to gain the upper hand even after losing his saber.

No, Yoda didn't win the force battle since he was in a worse position and disarmed by the lightning himself. Yoda failing is when he lost the fight but escaped with his life. Facts and Yoda's statements comply with my argument. Yours is jackass theories and horrible paragraphing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.