Who was the best Mand'alor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
I think boba fett or darth maul was

Nephthys
Canderous.

Fated Xtasy
Boba Fett, Canderous and Mandalore the ultimate come to mind

Nephthys
Mandalore the Ultimate got the Mandalorians shattered and broken in a pointless war he was manipulated into fighting.

Canderous got my vote purely because he managed to clean up his mess.

Emperordmb
Maul is my favorite Mandalore.

He probably would've been more successful than anyone else if he didn't have to deal with Sidious. He already had control over 2,000 other systems and the criminal underworld. Had Sidious not been there to ruin his plans he could've done so much.

NewGuy01
Forgot about Maul, he's definitely good.

Tzeentch
Maul is the worst Mandalore because he's not a Mandalorian.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Maul is the worst Mandalore because he's not a Mandalorian.
He won the title fair and square in a challenge to single combat keeping with Mandalorian traditions that Vizsla knowingly agreed to and submitted to Maul and his death with honor when beaten.

Also if it weren't for Maul the warrior ways of Mandalore wouldn't have been restored.

Nephthys
Its retarded that a non-mandalorian can be mandalore. Any decent Sith could waltz up and take the title.

Tzeentch
thumb up

Also, I'm not impressed with him defeating Pre Viszla "fair and square". He didn't. Maul's a ****ing force user with superhuman reflexes and durability, and has precognitive powers that allow him to see an enemies' attacks before they do. Viszla on the other hand is just some ******* with a sword. Not exactly a "fair fight".

DarthAnt66
Sha'a Gi.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He won the title fair and square in a challenge to single combat keeping with Mandalorian traditions that Vizsla knowingly agreed to and submitted to Maul and his death with honor when beaten.

Also if it weren't for Maul the warrior ways of Mandalore wouldn't have been restored. A fully trained Force-sensitive won the title. That's some f*ckin bullshit right there. Just one more thing that made TCW suck.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
A fully trained Force-sensitive won the title. That's some f*ckin bullshit right there. Just one more thing that made TCW suck. Do you hate Star Wars or something?

Lord Lucien
I hate about half of it, yes.

Tzeentch
And here I thought Lucien was more cynical than I regarding Star Wars. Half is generous.

PTforthewin
I hate about half of it, yes. if the PT was so bad why did they make 2 shows out of it instead of the crappy ass old republic

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by PTforthewin
if the PT was so bad why did they make 2 shows out of it instead of the crappy ass old republic Because the crappy ass MMO doesn't have the popularity, ease of access, and culturally identifiable characters in it that the films do. Every person who would even slightly give a damn has heard of Darth Maul and Sidious and Anakin and Obi-Wan and Yoda. Make a show about the parts of the mythos that have long been spoken of (since the very first--and extremely popular, cross-cultural--movie) but never seen, stock it with extremely familiar characters, market it to every age group, and bam! Ratings.

No one's going to greenlight a fully-fledged and fleshed out television show of one specific era, from one specific video-game, that appeals to one specific niche of one specific market. That's just bad business. Half the masses who never bothered with TOR or the EU in general will get confused and either tune out or never tune in. The show would be another niche venue, but lose a shit ton money. Again, bad business. And Star Wars is first and foremost, a business.

Unfortunately.

PTforthewin
Because the crappy ass MMO doesn't have the popularity, ease of access, and culturally identifiable characters in it that the films do. Every person who would even slightly give a damn has heard of Darth Maul and Sidious and Anakin and Obi-Wan and Yoda. Make a show about the parts of the mythos that have long been spoken of (since the very first--and extremely popular, cross-cultural--movie) but never seen, stock it with extremely familiar characters, market it to every age group, and bam! Ratings.

No one's going to greenlight a fully-fledged and fleshed out television show of one specific era, from one specific video-game, that appeals to one specific niche of one specific market. That's just bad business. Half the masses who never bothered with TOR or the EU in general will get confused and either tune out or never tune in. The show would be another niche venue, but lose a shit ton money. Again, bad business. And Star Wars is first and foremost, a business.

Unfortunately. the old republic was a great game, I just couldn't stand playing kotor 1 and 2, the story was so slow and boring for each game.

Lord Lucien
Again, 13.

PTforthewin
Again, 13. I'm not 13

rmjronnie
Originally posted by Tzeentch
thumb up

Also, I'm not impressed with him defeating Pre Viszla "fair and square". He didn't. Maul's a ****ing force user with superhuman reflexes and durability, and has precognitive powers that allow him to see an enemies' attacks before they do. Viszla on the other hand is just some ******* with a sword. Not exactly a "fair fight".

Using grenades,guns and and a friggin rocketpack is fair but using force skills learnt through years of training isn't???!!!!....thats some class A Bull**** right there.

NewGuy01
Maul.

FreshestSlice
I doubt most Mandalores would lose to Kanan, NewGuy.

ILS
Maul, Boba and Jango, Vizsla, Ultimate, then whoever

S_W_LeGenD
Mandalore the Ultimate

He united all Mandalorian clans, gave them hope and purpose when they had none, transformed the Mandalorians into one of the greatest powers in the galaxy and showed the Republic whose the boss for a while. Moreover, he himself was a role-model warrior.

The Mandalorians would never reach such heights again.

Nephthys
The Mandalorians have also never been brought to such lows either because he led them into a war that decimated them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.