TCW Maul vs. Reborn Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

UltimateAnomaly
Krayt
Krayt

Moar Krayt.

Emperordmb
I'm going with Krayt on this one. Maul can put up a fight though.

NewGuy01
Krayt, but it's a good fight.

Q99
Krayt quite solidly.

Nephthys
Yep.

WildBantha88
no no no Darth Krayt is a puss, Maul takes this

NewGuy01
I could make a solid argument for Maul>Krayt, but the more experienced Lord has my vote.

Nephthys
Originally posted by WildBantha88
no no no Darth Krayt is a puss, Maul takes this

How so?

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Nephthys
How so? Twas a joke my friend. Krayt is atleast 2 tiers higher than maul. Not really any way I see Krayt loosing

NewGuy01
Lol, Krayt and Maul are at most a singular tier apart.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Lol, Krayt and Maul are at most a singular tier apart.

Krayts in Vaders tier and Maul is in the tier below Dooku.

Krayts tier
Dookus tier
Mauls tier

Maul can put up a fight in a lightsaber duel but gets completely blown out of the water in force abilities. Maul gets stomped hard

Nephthys
Twas a joke my friend. Krayt is atleast 2 tiers higher than maul. Not really any way I see Krayt loosing

thumb up

NewGuy01
Krayts in Vaders tier and Maul is in the tier below Dooku.

Krayts tier
Dookus tier
Mauls tier

Maul can put up a fight in a lightsaber duel but gets completely blown out of the water in force abilities. Maul gets stomped hard

The flaw in your argument is your belief that Maul, Vader, and Dooku are all in separate tiers.

WildBantha88
The flaw in your argument is your belief that Maul, Vader, and Dooku are all in separate tiers. They most defiantly are. As far as swordsmanship goes they are all very close but force powers, Maul is sub par, Dooku is a master, And Vader is well, hes Darth Vader

NewGuy01
They most defiantly are. As far as swordsmanship goes they are all very close but force powers, Maul is sub par, Dooku is a master, And Vader is well, hes Darth Vader

Because that's how Maul's TK feats are better than Bane's, or Krayt's or Zannah's, because he is a sub-par Force User.

WildBantha88
Because that's how Maul's TK feats are better than Bane's, or Krayt's or Zannah's, because he is a sub-par Force User. He has some good TK feats and good speed feat and limited resistance to FL. That's it. His speed feats are what get him the most. TK feats are pretty good but he is living in a galaxy of TK users and his TK while impressive isn't the best. He can generate good amounts of raw power but he is FAR from the strongest. His moving the ship feat was pulling it along the ground about ten feat and then letting gravity do the rest. He force choked Kenobi but then again Kenobi gets force choked every other Tuesday and Wednesday. Other than that some fairly powerful force blasts. Yea he is sub par

DarthAnt66
His speed can handle Sidious for like half a minute seconds. That's far superior then Fisto, Kolar, and Tiin combined.

NewGuy01
He has some good TK feats and good speed feat and limited resistance to FL. That's it. His speed feats are what get him the most. TK feats are pretty good but he is living in a galaxy of TK users and his TK while impressive isn't the best. He can generate good amounts of raw power but he is FAR from the strongest. His moving the ship feat was pulling it along the ground about ten feat and then letting gravity do the rest. He force choked Kenobi but then again Kenobi gets force choked every other Tuesday and Wednesday. Other than that some fairly powerful force blasts. Yea he is sub par

Vader has good TK feats and telepathic feats. That's it. See the parallels I'm drawing here?

During his time, in terms of TK I'd say he's above Mace and just a bit below Dooku. Hell, in the original Lawless scene they had Maul pinning Palpatine to a wall with TK, but it was cut out due to lack of time. You can still view the deleted scene on YT though.

He's done more than just pull down a shuttle though, dude. He's collapsed tunnels, broken Obi-Wan's force shields, Force Repulsed a couple dozen droids, sent several dozen soldiers flying with Savage, and his screams were powerful enough to collapse barracks.

Again, what does Krayt have that would allow him to stomp Maul? His saber and speed feats are arguably inferior. His TK feats are inferior by a lot, actually. He has Dark Transfer and Lightning over him, but I don't see how that equates to him stomping Maul. Please show me your analysis.

WildBantha88
Deleted scenes aren't canon. Pretty much you just told me that in a fanfic Maul was strong enough to pin sidious against a wall.

Breaking Obi wans force shield isn't impressive as I already stated. He needs to get in line with a bunch of other characters to get props for that one. His TK is good but he exists in a galaxy of powerful TK users. In the end he just falls into the common rabble

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Maul is certainly not common rabble when it comes to TK

Lord Stark
Deleted scenes aren't canon. Pretty much you just told me that in a fanfic Maul was strong enough to pin sidious against a wall.

Breaking Obi wans force shield isn't impressive as I already stated. He needs to get in line with a bunch of other characters to get props for that one. His TK is good but he exists in a galaxy of powerful TK users. In the end he just falls into the common rabble

Actually Deleted scenes in the movies are G-canon unless they directly contradict the movie (i.e. Shaak Ti dying)...I'd assume the same applies for T-canon.

NewGuy01
Really? Because the only person in that line is Dooku.

It's funny how you so easily dismiss Maul's feats in support of Krayt without even realizing that Krayt's best feats are crumbling a portion of a wall and pushing Cade a couple meters back.

carthage
And Ventress, Savage, and Maul

WildBantha88
Really? Because the only person in that line is Dooku.

It's funny how you so easily dismiss Maul's feats in support of Krayt without even realizing that Krayt's best feats are crumbling a portion of a wall and pushing Cade a couple meters back.
1. Actually mauls third in line, behind Dooku and Ventress.

2. I said his TK is good but its not the best, and its the only thing he has. He has good TK, he doesn't have advanced powers like lightning or tutaminus, Two of the most advantageous powers that are both within his capability and one of which is almost standard for darksiders. All he has is TK and its not even the best TK. So what makes him above sub par?

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
His speed can handle Sidious for like half a minute seconds. That's far superior then Fisto, Kolar, and Tiin combined.

Sidious was holding back. When he ramped up the speed, Maul couldn't compete.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Actually Deleted scenes in the movies are G-canon unless they directly contradict the movie (i.e. Shaak Ti dying)...I'd assume the same applies for T-canon.

No. Deleted scenes are G-canon because Lucas did them. TCW doesn't have that level of privilege.

WildBantha88

No. Deleted scenes are G-canon because Lucas did them. TCW doesn't have that level of privilege.

Nephthys I want your body....

Emperordmb
Maul has a chance at taking him. He can compete with Krayt in a duel, wouldn't get stomped in TK, and can block lightning with his lightsaber. If there's one thing that ****s Krayt, it's being caught off guard. Obi-wan caught him off guard and disarmed him. Wyyrlok caught him off guard and electrocuted him to death. What is the best example in my opinion is when Krayt has his lightsaber activated and Cade catches him off guard and stabs him through the chest. With Maul's mastery of Juyo, and a great offensive versatility stemming from Juyo, Niman, Jar'kai, and Teras Kasi, Maul can be a quite unpredictable opponent, and thus has a shot at catching Krayt off guard.

That being said, I would still grant the majority of the wins in this contest to Krayt due to superior force abilities (namely dark transfer).

Nephthys
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Wyyrlok caught him off guard and electrocuted him to death.

I think having been stabbed through the neck and generally being severely f*cked up was more of a factor than him being off-guard, lol.

Emperordmb
I think having been stabbed through the neck and generally being severely f*cked up was more of a factor than him being off-guard, lol.
I did note that my last example was my best one.

Lord Stark

Actually with the new Canon sense TCWs is on par with the movies on canonicity. TCWs and the Movies are both not Legends.

Emperordmb
I prefer to think of it as two different continuities. The Legends Continuity and the Disney Continuity.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I prefer to think of it as two different continuities. The Legends Continuity and the Disney Continuity.

You can prefer whatever you like, that's the official stance and the stance these boards should take.

Nephthys
No, it isn't. This is the EU forum. We should put the EU in good standing compared to the movie stuff.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Actually with the new Canon sense TCWs is on par with the movies on canonicity. TCWs and the Movies are both not Legends.

A) How do you know that the deleted scenes are still canon in the new continuity rules? If Lucas' work is no longer considered above everything else to the point of being sacrament, then the deleted scenes shouldn't be considered canon at all.

B) That scene contradicts Sidious pinning Maul and Savage at the same time with no apparent strain while they tried to break his hold.

Lord Stark
No, it isn't. This is the EU forum. We should put the EU in good standing compared to the movie stuff.

The EU's standing is in the same place its always been. The only difference is that C-canon= Legacy and G-canon= Everything else.

By what logic? Deleted Scenes have always been canon unless contradicted by the movies, why would that change simply because more things fall under the highest canon?

Easy explanations for this, and hardly a contradiction.
1. Sidious was caught off guard because he was underestimating them.
2. Sidious caught the duo off guard (which is kinda true)
3. Sidious intentionally got pinned to give Maul a false sense of hope...which is why he was mystically saved by the chandelier being perfectly placed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.