Can these 5 Characters beat Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
1. Odin
2. Surtur
3. Thanos
4. SBP
5. Mordru

They know Galactus is coming only 30 minutes before he gets here so very minimal prep time... Who wins?

MF DELPH
Is he fighting them as a team, or each character individually? If the latter, I think Mordru gives him the most problems, but I could see Galactus taking a majority against most of them 1 on 1.

Galan007
Assuming they fight as a team, Galactus loses.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah they fight as a team... To Galan and Zop... Could any three of them win.. or it takes all give of them to win... who is the most important?

zopzop
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah they fight as a team... To Galan and Zop... Could any three of them win.. or it takes all give of them to win... who is the most important?
MAYBE Mordru/Odin/Surtur. MAYBE those three could do it in a close brutal fight were some of them will die (not Mordru though, he's supposedly unkillable).

Depending on who you ask, the most important is either Odin or Mordru.

One-Punch
Depends how fed Galactus is.

h1a8
1. Odin
2. Surtur
3. Thanos
4. SBP
5. Mordru

They know Galactus is coming only 30 minutes before he gets here so very minimal prep time... Who wins? yes they can. Odin and surtur together will give G a decent fight.

Add in SBP, Thanos, and Modru will make the team win solidly

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
MAYBE Mordru/Odin/Surtur. MAYBE those three could do it in a close brutal fight were some of them will die (not Mordru though, he's supposedly unkillable).

Depending on who you ask, the most important is either Odin or Mordru.

Maybe? I think that it would be a certainty that those 3 would win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Obviously this is assuming Galactus is fed levels.... I'm not sure Galactus losses to three but some seem to think so.

Utrigita

guy222
Team

One-Punch
How fed? Like 4 planets?

abhilegend
Originally posted by One-Punch
How fed? Like 4 planets?
Only fed on Cheetos.

uhuh

Galan007
How fed? Like 4 planets? That's more than just 'fed', that's 'amped'... And substantially so.

I doubt very highly that KT intended for Galactus to be at Celestial-busting levels here, given that he's only fighting a team which consists of a few Skyfathers and Trans-levelers. /shrug

Epicurus
Team wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
That's more than just 'fed', that's 'amped'... And substantially so.

I doubt very highly that KT intended for Galactus to be at Celestial-busting levels here, given that he's only fighting a team which consists of a few Skyfathers and Trans-levelers. /shrug

Right as usual big buddy... not THAT fed but he isn't weak or starving.. and normal fed levels..

Bentley
Galactus can eat them and be done with it.

But Prime punches hunger and Galan is left to fend with his regular blasts embarrasment

MF DELPH
You do bring up a point, though. Galactus could always feed on Thanos and SBP, at the very least, and possibly Surtur and Odin, like he did to Hyperstorm, or when he punked Mephisto in his own realm to reclaim Nova and Surfer and threatened to 'eat' it. Not saying that guarantees a W, but it's a possible tactic that improves his odds.

zopzop
Originally posted by Bentley

He'd die. Mordru is unkillable. Remember what happened last time Galactus tried to devour something that was unkillable?

Galan007
Galactus certainly isn't the only being on the field who is capable of power-draining/absorbing. Mordru, for example, was able to absorb half of Infinite Man's power:
http://imgur.com/SyzMIdF
http://imgur.com/2O74Hqj
http://imgur.com/G8r2usQ
http://imgur.com/9ra5mll

And as his name implies, IM's power was, in fact, "infinite":
http://imgur.com/S7Wsk4m
http://imgur.com/0XhtHcQ

srug

One-Punch
Even at standard levels Galactus has fights that rival his Mad Celestial scuffle (e.g., Galactus Engine and Scrier/Other). This would be a tough fight for the team.

celestialdemon
It wouldn't be a cake walk, but the team would win.

Dampyre
If the team does win no more than two members are still standing after it's done.

Tony Stark
Fully fed Galan wins decisively any less than half the team wins

MF DELPH
He'd die. Mordru is unkillable. Remember what happened last time Galactus tried to devour something that was unkillable?

Mordru can't be killed but he can have his powers drained or dampened. Happened multiple times. Hell, he was trapped in rocks.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Bentley

But Prime punches hunger and Galan is left to fend with his regular blasts embarrasment

The first line-the same thing I thought when I came to this thread.
The second line... big grin

Originally posted by MF DELPH
You do bring up a point, though. Galactus could always feed on Thanos and SBP, at the very least, and possibly Surtur and Odin, like he did to Hyperstorm, or when he punked Mephisto in his own realm to reclaim Nova and Surfer and threatened to 'eat' it. Not saying that guarantees a W, but it's a possible tactic that improves his odds.
Yep, I was thinking along the same lines. Imagine their despreation when Galactus starts swalowing their blasts. Now, taht does remind me of Mister Popo eating Goku's Kamehameha in Dragonball. stick out tongue
Also, he could do to SBP what he did to Hercules, which was in Galactus' words, "turn you into protoplasmic slime." And since he is not using magic, Prime won't be immune to it. evil face

Originally posted by Tony Stark
Fully fed Galan wins decisively any less than half the team wins
No offense, but that's bloody obvious. Fully fed Galactus is Eternity level who would take less than seconds to murderstomp this team.

Epicurus
Even at standard levels Galactus has fights that rival his Mad Celestial scuffle (e.g., Galactus Engine and Scrier/Other).
The difference is that Galactus was stalemating or holding off(single-handedly) both enemies in the latter scenarios. Against the Mad Celestials, he almost got killed.

So no, standard level Galactus is certainly not on the same level as Hickman's 4 Nega Bomb no-selling Galactus.

Epicurus
Galacta believed that Wolverine's "unkillable" healing factor could create an endless supply of food for her.erm

I think that the Elders scene has less to do with them being unkillable, and more to do with the fact that said unkillability is a cosmic-scale curse from Mistress Death. One of the beings against whom Galactus provides balance in the 616-universe.

golem370
Thanos in less then a day was able to seriously diminish Galactus and there are more people this time.

Sin I AM
Galan owns. Anything less than an average celestial isn't beating him

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Epicurus
The difference is that Galactus was stalemating or holding off (single-handedly) both enemies in the latter scenarios. Against the Mad Celestials, he almost got killed.

So no, standard level Galactus is certainly not on the same level as Hickman's 4 Nega Bomb no-selling Galactus.

Actually, Galan nearly killed one of the Celestials one-to-one before all four of them decided to merge. Only after that was he was beaten easily.
Where is BigBran when you need him

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Tony Stark

Like your avatar though. Its pretty nice.

Epicurus
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Actually, Galan nearly killed one of the Celestials one-to-one before all four of them decided to merge. Only after that was he was beaten easily.
Where is BigBran when you need him
How is that supposed to disprove the point that against the Mad Celestials he was brought down? As compared to the Galactus Engine and Scrier/Other, whom he managed to hold off on his own lonesome.

The MCs were just that darn powerful. The shit they pulled off against the Council of Reeds, I doubt we've ever seen the mainstream Celestials pull off such combat feats. Taking one down and then getting one-shotted by the combined remaining 3 isn't a bad feat. Especially when those 3 were giving an adult version of Franklin Richards hefty trouble. The same Franklin Richards who was able to plow through a multiverse-rewriting wave.

And I am pretty sure Bran would more or less agree with me here.

Galan007
^ thumb up

Furthermore, that is the only time I recall Galactus amping himself before a battle. A 4-planet-amp is huge.

Utrigita
He has amped himself a couple of times beyond that (or have prepared to amp himself). But yeah 4 planets is alot, but again it also makes the current "standard" Galactus hard to gauge correctly imo.

Epicurus
^But I doubt we've ever seen him take such brutal punishment(caused by a one-hit strike no less) in other instances unless it involved uber Abstracts like Abraxas or the Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
G Anything less than an average celestial isn't beating him
That's not really saying much. I mean there's a guy from Team that invented a "simple" enchantment to one shot kill a Celestial.

This team would destroy any Celestial with the exception of Scathan.

Magnon
That's not really saying much. I mean there's a guy from Team that invented a "simple" enchantment to one shot kill a Celestial.

You mean the guy who earlier teamed up with a bunch of skyfathers against a single celestial and got roflstomped? Who then spent ages to prep for their next coming, only to get roflstomped again?

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
He has amped himself a couple of times beyond that (or have prepared to amp himself). When has Galactus amped himself moreso? I remember him attempting to absorb Taa II in Secret Wars, but Doom stopped him from doing that.

Are there other instances I missed?

zopzop
Originally posted by Magnon
You mean the guy who earlier teamed up with a bunch of skyfathers against a single celestial and got roflstomped? Who then spent ages to prep for their next coming, only to get roflstomped again?
Yeah that guy. Because he could have killed them at any time but didn't want to :
http://s29.postimg.org/6rway4j77/3137958_uncanny_avengers_007_005.jpg
One shot KO/Kill.

Galan007
Stop trolling, zop. A Celestial being killed by Jarnbjorn is no more a poor showing for the Celestial, then it is for Superman to be killed by Kryptonite.

The spell Thor cast on Jarnbjorn was a plot-device/dues ex machina designed to kill Celestials. Kang referring to it as a 'simple enchantment' changes nothing.

Magnon
Yeah that guy. Because he could have killed them at any time but didn't want to :
http://s29.postimg.org/6rway4j77/3137958_uncanny_avengers_007_005.jpg
One shot KO/Kill.

Well then, seems like Odin is psychologically incapable of using that weapon against the Celestials. After all, the Celestials did threaten to destroy the Earth, imprison the Gods in their realms and ban their access to the Earth's dimension, all while they humiliated the council of skyfathers who tried to fight back in vain. And not just once but multiple times. Odin and the other skyfathers spent decades, centuries preparing for the next arrival of the Celestials, but still couldn't beat them. They didn't use the PIS axe even though the alternative could very well have been the destruction of the Earth and the associated god-realms. Odin has proven, beyond doubt, incapable of using that weapon under any circumstance, even if it means utter defeat for him.

Sounds ridiculous? Yeah, that's what that PIS axe indeed was. But in any case it won't help the team in this fight.

zopzop
Stop trolling, zop. A Celestial being killed by Jarnbjorn is no more a poor showing for the Celestial, then it is for Superman to be killed by Kryptonite.

The spell Thor cast on Jarnbjorn was a plot-device/dues ex machina designed to kill Celestials. Kang referring to it as a 'simple enchantment' changes nothing.
No one was talking to you, so........

Well then, seems like Odin is psychologically incapable of using that weapon against the Celestials. After all, the Celestials did threaten to destroy the Earth, imprison the Gods in their realms and ban their access to the Earth's dimension, all while they humiliated the council of skyfathers who tried to fight back in vain. And not just once but multiple times. Odin and the other skyfathers spent decades, centuries preparing for the next arrival of the Celestials, but still couldn't beat them. They didn't use the PIS axe even though the alternative could very well have been the destruction of the Earth and the associated god-realms. Odin has proven, beyond doubt, incapable of using that weapon under any circumstance, even if it means utter defeat for him.

Sounds ridiculous? Yeah, that's what that PIS axe indeed was. But in any case it won't help the team in this fight.
I never sad the axe would do anything in this fight, I was merely replying to Sin's statement regarding owning Celestials (even a random gun in Reed's closet did it).

Galan007

Sounds ridiculous? Yeah, that's what that PIS axe indeed was. But in any case it won't help the team in this fight. thumb up

Odin made it clear that he would not use the 'Celestial-slaying' enchantment under any circumstances, as the long-term cons of killing a Celestial far outweighed the pros:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/18999303_Uncanny_Avengers_006-008.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/18999309_Uncanny_Avengers_006-009.jpg

But a brash/stupid/young Thor didn't think twice about activating said spell in order to take his revenge on Apoc--which pissed off Odin tremendously:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/18999310_Uncanny_Avengers_006-019.jpg

No one was talking to you, so........ That doesn't forbid me from correcting a stupid statement when I see one. thumb up

zopzop
That doesn't forbid me from correcting a stupid statement when I see one. thumb up
The axe can and has ONE SHOT KILLED a Celestial on panel. In fact, the Twins supposedly killed MANY Celestials and took their seeds.

This doesn't even include :
a) random gun in Reed's closet wtf owned a "mighty" Rogue Celestial
b) Hickman's Failbrand killing a Rogue Celestial

laughing

Owning Celestials isn't all that impressive.

Galan007

Although I suppose it is much easier to buffoonishly troll then it is to accept the facts. /shrug

zopzop
So trolling to you involves using recent examples, in context, of Celestials getting own by joke characters? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Get over yourself.

Galan007
You're ignoring the facts/context behind the spell that made Jarnbjorn a dues ex machina Celestial-slaying piece of weaponry, and acting like a Celestial being killed by the aforementioned represents a poor showing for the Celestial.

Yes, that defines trolling. thumb up

carver9
Galactus wins.

carver9
So trolling to you involves using recent examples, in context, of Celestials getting own by joke characters? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Get over yourself.

confused

Context Zop. Don't understand why you ignore it.

zopzop
You're ignoring the facts/context behind the spell that made Jarnbjorn a dues ex machina Celestial-slaying piece of weaponry, and acting like a Celestial being killed by the aforementioned represents a poor showing for the Celestial.

Yes, that defines trolling. thumb up Originally posted by carver9
confused

Context Zop. Don't understand why you ignore it.
The axe was just one example. I gave you more examples of Celestials getting owned : random Reed gun and Failbrand.

All of them were in context. The axe is a proven Celestial killer, just because Odin didn't want to use it doesn't mean jack. The Twins used it to kill AT LEAST dozens of Celestials (judging by the number of seeds they accumulated).

Destroying a Celestial isn't anything to brag about anymore.

Galan007
The axe is a proven Celestial killer, just because Odin didn't want to use it doesn't mean jack. The Twins used it to kill AT LEAST dozens of Celestials (judging by the number of seeds they accumulated). ...Which is no more a poor showing for the Celestials then it is for Superman to be killed by a Kryptonite bullet to the head.

That is the context you're trollishly ignoring. thumb up

carver9
The axe was just one example. I gave you more examples of Celestials getting owned : random Reed gun and Failbrand.

All of them were in context. The axe is a proven Celestial killer, just because Odin didn't want to use it doesn't mean jack. The Twins used it to kill AT LEAST dozens of Celestials (judging by the number of seeds they accumulated).

Destroying a Celestial isn't anything to brag about anymore.

Thanos got his heart snatched out by a weakened Drax. I guess we agree he sucks, correct?

zopzop
...Which is no more a poor showing for the Celestials then it is for Superman to be killed by a Kryptonite bullet to the head.

That is the context you're trollishly ignoring. thumb up
THE AXE WAS ONE EXAMPLE, understand?

Then you have the RANDOM gun in Reed's closet killing an "uber" Rogue Celestial with one shot, or Hickman's Failbrand killing one. Or Magneto/Sinister using and abusing Tiamut (one of the most powerful 616 Celestials) like a cheap whore. There's probably more examples I'm not recalling right now, but that should be enough.

Even if people use the "kryptonite" excuse for the axe, it doesn't take away the rest of their recent and pathetic ownings.
Originally posted by carver9
Thanos got his heart snatched out by a weakened Drax. I guess we agree he sucks, correct?
Already explained on panel that Thanos was weakened when that happened, as evidenced by the fact he never pulled anything like that before or after that incident. Try harder Carver.

Galan007
THE AXE WAS ONE EXAMPLE, understand? That is the only example I have been referencing, so yes, I do understand. Do you? smile

Glad you're halfassedly changing your tune on that scene, though. thumb up

golem370
Team wins

Bentley

They ended up locked in a standstill forever?

Galactus sends him into a timeloop and beats the sucker.

carver9

Already explained on panel that Thanos was weakened when that happened, as evidenced by the fact he never pulled anything like that before or after that incident. Try harder Carver.

You misinterpreted that scene. It wasn't that he was weakened during that scene (what weakened him Zop)...what they were saying was, Drax pulling that stunt weakened him as shown when he was resurrected.

zopzop
That is the only example I have been referencing, so yes, I do understand. Do you? smile

Glad you're halfassedly changing your tune on that scene, though. thumb up
You still don't get it do you?

Let me run this by you slowly so you understand. Odin, a guy on T1, created an enchantment capable of ONE SHOT KILLING A CELESTIAL. The axe is nothing, it's the ENCHANTMENT on the axe, CREATED BY ODIN, that gives it the power to kill a Celestial.

What's worse, ANY PERSON of Odin's bloodline is capable of turning ANY WEAPON into a Celestial killer by using this simple enchantment.

Odin didn't "just" create Celestial kryptonite, he made it possible for ANYONE OF HIS BLOODLINE (Baldur, Vidar, Thor, etc...) to create a Celestial killer by enchanting it with that spell.

Galan007
Zop, how do your trollish red herrings change anything I've said?

Just because anyone of Odin's blood can theoretically create a Celestial-slaying weapon(assuming they have access to the specific spell in which to do so, of course), doesn't mean more than one Celestial-slaying weapon exists--or will ever exist. As of now, there is just a single dues ex machina--and Jarnbjorn is to a Celestial what Kryptonite is to Superman. Thus a Celestial being killed by it is akin to Superman being killed by a Kryptonite bullet to the head. It's certainly not 'a shyt durability showing', like you're buffoonishly treating it as. Simple.

Also, calm down. No need for tantrums. thumb up

Utrigita
When has Galactus amped himself moreso? I remember him attempting to absorb Taa II in Secret Wars, but Doom stopped him from doing that.

Are there other instances I missed?

Tyrant, Tenebrous and Aegis springs to mind. And possibly I can't quite recall before venturing out to save Eternity from Magus.

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
Tyrant, Tenebrous and Aegis springs to mind. When did he amp against those guys?

Utrigita
When did he amp against those guys?

Before he engaged Depowered Tyrant he prepared by feeding on a planet, he was preparing (if you read the back on Annihilation) against Tenebrous and Aegis. Two incidents where he has (or intended to) prepared by amping himself above his current state.

Galan007
Oh see, what I'm saying is that the 4 planet amp against the Mad Celestials was his greatest confirmed on panel amp to date.

zopzop
Zop, how do your trollish red herrings change anything I've said?

Just because anyone of Odin's blood can theoretically create a Celestial-slaying weapon(assuming they have access to the specific spell in which to do so, of course), doesn't mean more than one Celestial-slaying weapon exists--or will ever exist. As of now, there is just a single dues ex machina--and Jarnbjorn is to a Celestial what Kryptonite is to Superman. Thus a Celestial being killed by it is akin to Superman being killed by a Kryptonite bullet to the head. It's certainly not 'a shyt durability showing', like you're buffoonishly treating it as. Simple.

You're still not understanding me. Odin created an enchantment, not a weapon, that can be used to create an item that can kill a Celestial. All you need to do is be related to Odin by blood and you can cast the spell. Furthermore, ANYONE can use the item once it's been created.

You don't even need to be high herald level to wreck a Celestial with it, seeing as how the Apoc Twins committed Celestial genocide with it and not one of the Celestials they came across could defend against the attack.

At least Superman doesn't collapse into a helpless cripple just because someone has a kryptonite weapon. I could have sworn there times when kryptonite was used against him and it wasn't an auto-win like Odin's enchantment vs the Celestials.

I am calm. You're the one getting upset just because someone is disagreeing with you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This thread though......

Now all we need is Odin stomping a Celetial or two in combat and I'll be satisfied.

Although I'd be more interested in Zopzops reaction. stick out tongue

The axe was a deus ex plot device clearly (Or more accurately, the enchantment Odin supposedly created) but calling it PIS when you happily reference an arc that was even more damaging and full of shit is ironic.

If the Celestials power level and very history was retconned to establish a d*ck wanking arc of Odin's superiority, then you'd have some grounds.

Utrigita
Oh see, what I'm saying is that the 4 planet amp against the Mad Celestials was his greatest confirmed on panel amp to date.

Absolutely, I was merely adding that it's not out of character for Galactus to prepare for a confrontation.

Galan007
You're still not understanding me. Odin created an enchantment, not a weapon, that can be used to create an item that can kill a Celestial. All you need to do is be related to Odin by blood and you can cast the spell. Furthermore, ANYONE can use the item once it's been created. This, again, doesn't change the fact that there is currently only one such weapon, with one such spell invoked on it. All these 'what ifs' and 'maybes' you're throwing around are utterly stupid red herrings that have more holes in them than swiss cheese. smile

Is it even possible for you to not troll these days? Not looking like it, IMO.

You don't even need to be high herald level to wreck a Celestial with it Just like you don't need to be a high herald to kill Superman with Kryptonite, amiright? smile

The spell placed on Jarnbjorn is what killed the Celestials, not the character using Jarnbjorn #HerpDerp. Exactly how deep do you plan on digging here? So far you've done nothing to help your case at all--frankly, I don't even think you know what you're arguing at this point. smile

At least Superman doesn't collapse into a helpless cripple just because someone has a kryptonite weapon. I could have sworn there times when kryptonite was used against him and it wasn't an auto-win like Odin's enchantment vs the Celestials. Lulz @ your failure to understand a simplistic analogy. I'm not surprised, though--it's evidently very difficult for you to grasp simple concepts. You've more than proven that here. smile

I am calm. You're the one getting upset just because someone is disagreeing with you. Lol, stop projecting. You are clearly getting riled up. Calm down. smile

carver9

You're still not understanding me. Odin created an enchantment, not a weapon, that can be used to create an item that can kill a Celestial. All you need to do is be related to Odin by blood and you can cast the spell. Furthermore, ANYONE can use the item once it's been created.

You don't even need to be high herald level to wreck a Celestial with it, seeing as how the Apoc Twins committed Celestial genocide with it and not one of the Celestials they came across could defend against the attack.

At least Superman doesn't collapse into a helpless cripple just because someone has a kryptonite weapon. I could have sworn there times when kryptonite was used against him and it wasn't an auto-win like Odin's enchantment vs the Celestials.

I am calm. You're the one getting upset just because someone is disagreeing with you.

SMDH

zopzop
This, again, doesn't change the fact that there is currently only one such weapon, with one such spell invoked on it. All these 'what ifs' and 'maybes' you're throwing around are utterly stupid red herrings that have more holes in them than swiss cheese. smile
The point is, according to ON PANEL evidence, if ANY of Odin's blood relatives wanted to go on a quest to annihilate Celestials they can. All they need to do is invoke the enchantment on their item of choice and the Celestials are phucked.

The point is, Superman doesn't instantly go into cripple mode when presented with kryptonite. The Celestials couldn't do ANYTHING to a two bit character wielding a weapon with that enchantment on it. The Apoc Twins took out dozens (hundreds?) of Celestials with ONE weapon. For all their supposed uberness and powers, they went down like cheap whores.

You were saying? I'm not the one going around calling someone a troll for disagreeing with me.

carver9
This, again, doesn't change the fact that there is currently only one such weapon, with one such spell invoked on it. All these 'what ifs' and 'maybes' you're throwing around are utterly stupid red herrings that have more holes in them than swiss cheese. smile

Is it even possible for you to not troll these days? Not looking like it, IMO.

Just like you don't need to be a high herald to kill Superman with Kryptonite, amiright? smile

The spell placed on Jarnbjorn is what killed the Celestials, not the character using Jarnbjorn #HerpDerp. Exactly how deep do you plan on digging here? So far you've done nothing to help your case at all--frankly, I don't even think you know what you're arguing at this point. smile

Lulz @ your failure to understand a simplistic analogy. I'm not surprised, though--it's evidently very difficult for you to grasp simple concepts. You've more than proven that here. smile

Lol, stop projecting. You are clearly getting riled up. Calm down. smile

thumb up

Galan007
The point is, according to ON PANEL evidence, if ANY of Odin's blood relatives wanted to go on a quest to annihilate Celestials they can. All they need to do is invoke the enchantment on their item of choice and the Celestials are phucked. That isn't a point at all, that is a red herring(we just went over this.)

Again: This doesn't change the fact that there is currently only one such weapon, with one such spell invoked on it. All these 'what ifs' and 'maybes' you're throwing around are utterly stupid/pointless red herrings that have more holes in them than swiss cheese. smile

The Apoc Twins took out dozens (hundreds?) of Celestials with ONE weapon. Evidently the term 'plot-device' is entirely lost on you, eh? This certainly isn't the first, nor will it be the last. Wipe the tears from your brow, and get over it. smile

You were saying? I'm not the one going around calling someone a troll for disagreeing with me. You've been trolling this entire time by preforming red herring after red herring and blatantly overlooking/ignoring the context behind said plot-device. So yeah, if the shoe fits... thumb up

Epicurus
Hickman's Failbrand killing one.
It did no such thing. Starbrand attacked the Mad Celestials, and in the very next panel got nearly killed for his troubles. I counted a total of 6 Celestials that were shown attacking the Council HQ in Fantastic Four 572, and according to one of the Reeds, 5 of them managed to survive and escape to other universes. Of which 4 remained to later on wipe out the rest of the Reeds and partake in the battle with Galactus.

Which means that the only confirmed Celestial kill in that issue was thanks to Reed's entropy gun.

Mr Master
Originally posted by bullshit

Context.
I'm noticing has become subjective round these parts.

I'm not the one going around calling someone a troll for disagreeing with me.
If you devalue/demean the poster coupled with your disagreeing reasons of the post,
it strengthens the weak/or useless points being used to correct you.

I do not support that style of debating. But I will bite back, hard!

Epicurus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If the Celestials power level and very history was retconned to establish a d*ck wanking arc of Odin's superiority, then you'd have some grounds.
Odin's history nor power-level were retconned to dickwank the Celestials, so not sure why you're going into a needless PMS here.

Epicurus
thumb up

Odin made it clear that he would not use the 'Celestial-slaying' enchantment under any circumstances, as the long-term cons of killing a Celestial far outweighed the pros:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18999303/Uncanny_Avengers_006-008.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18999309/Uncanny_Avengers_006-009.jpg.html

But a brash/stupid/young Thor didn't think twice about activating said spell in order to take his revenge on Apoc--which pissed off Odin tremendously:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/18999310/Uncanny_Avengers_006-019.jpg.html

That doesn't forbid me from correcting a stupid statement when I see one. thumb up
To be slightly more precise, that enchantment was exclusively reserved for Exitar in case he should ever pay the Earth a visit. Lokang even reads it on the parchment which describes the spell; "only to be used when the Celestial Executioner arrives".

Celestials Executioner, as shown in recent Uncanny issues, is Remender's nomenclature referring to Exitar.

Methinks that is the reason why Odin never thought to use it against the Fourth Host. Since Exitar by his lonesome is more powerful and dangerous than the 4th Host, the Jarnbjorn spell is a last resort trump card only meant to be used against him.

Though, considering that Thor didn't even attempt to repeat the enchantment(if he could do it once as a dumb kid, he can certainly do it again as a mature adult) on another object(like a modern day laser gun, or Mjolnir itself), seems to tell me that this enchantment might possibly be limited to a one-time use only.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Epicurus
How is that supposed to disprove the point that against the Mad Celestials he was brought down? As compared to the Galactus Engine and Scrier/Other, whom he managed to hold off on his own lonesome.

The MCs were just that darn powerful. The shit they pulled off against the Council of Reeds, I doubt we've ever seen the mainstream Celestials pull off such combat feats. Taking one down and then getting one-shotted by the combined remaining 3 isn't a bad feat. Especially when those 3 were giving an adult version of Franklin Richards hefty trouble. The same Franklin Richards who was able to plow through a multiverse-rewriting wave.

And I am pretty sure Bran would more or less agree with me here.

^ thumb up

Furthermore, that is the only time I recall Galactus amping himself before a battle. A 4-planet-amp is huge.

That's exactly what I was saying. They were pretty powerful, and I wouldn't blame Galactus for the amp, I would. And he wasn't just taken down the the leftover 3 after Big G took down one, all 4 of them fused together to take him down. I was just slaying that Galactus posed such a threat to them that they felt the need to up their game by several factors. So, it doesn't make the standard Galactus so low as you think

HulkIsHulk
As for the topic, Galactus wins

TheLordofMurder
1. Odin
2. Surtur
3. Thanos
4. SBP
5. Mordru

They know Galactus is coming only 30 minutes before he gets here so very minimal prep time... Who wins?

Depends on how badly Big G wants to win...

If he's hellbent on winning, Big G 10/10 (Ultimate Nullifier), otherwise team wins 9/10...

TheLordofMurder
You still don't get it do you?

Let me run this by you slowly so you understand. Odin, a guy on T1, created an enchantment capable of ONE SHOT KILLING A CELESTIAL. The axe is nothing, it's the ENCHANTMENT on the axe, CREATED BY ODIN, that gives it the power to kill a Celestial.

What's worse, ANY PERSON of Odin's bloodline is capable of turning ANY WEAPON into a Celestial killer by using this simple enchantment.

Odin didn't "just" create Celestial kryptonite, he made it possible for ANYONE OF HIS BLOODLINE (Baldur, Vidar, Thor, etc...) to create a Celestial killer by enchanting it with that spell.

I despise the writter that has made this possible, but you are 100% correct zopzop...

The Celestials are weaksauce compared to their classic selves nowadays...

I dont like it as it doesnt gel with Thor 300 at all (IMHO) but its now true; any of Odins blood relatives can enchant a weapon with Celestial slaying properties...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.