Image retention problems (Flat Screens)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Is there a flat screen out there that does not burn an image in its screen after prolonged static imaging? I was surfing the web and viewing it on my LED monitor. It left an image on the screen. Is there a flat screen in existence that can handle me surfing the web without burning an image or retaining an image on the screen? It's gotten to the point that I'm fearful of even playing video games on it that display health bars which remain on screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

Stealth Moose
That's surprising. I've never had such issues. What brand/make is this monitor?

Time Immemorial
I know this a a big problem with plasmas as I had a few before, I made the switch to LED/LCD and its been smooth sailing ever since.

Stoic
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
That's surprising. I've never had such issues. What brand/make is this monitor?

Sharp 1080p LED screen. From what i found on the web, the issue is very common.

Bardock42
The issue used to be more common, and particularly in Plasma TVs, as TI said, but it really shouldn't be much of a problem nowadays and with LED/LCD screens (good luck finding a Plasma anyways).

Especially if you surf the web, the images should change regularly so burn in shouldn't be an issue at all.

Stealth Moose
That's what I was thinking. I've had LED/LCDs for years now, and never once had a burn in. And I don't use a screensaver either, but I do have it time out after 15 minutes to prevent energy waste.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.