Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Plot Synopsis:
A veteran secret agent takes a young upstart under his wing.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/kingsman-secret-service-poster.jpg

Starring: Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Caine & Mark Strong.

yyxDVCb3ky4

marwash22
looks sick.

KingD19
Definitely gonna see this. Super strong British cast.

Esau Cairn
Love The Doors.

siriuswriter
Ah yes, Colin Firth being badass... big grin

Robtard
When I read the synopsis and saw the cast, I was excited.

Then I watched the trailer and realized it's a humor-action flick of the likes of Red; it disappointed me some.

Still will watch it, despite the annoying chav guy.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard

Still will watch it, despite the annoying chav guy.

He comes across as a pedo in the trailer.

BruceSkywalker
saw the trailer before X-Men Days of Future Past came on

not impressed at all with the cast or type of story..

will only see if it is highly recommended

KingD19
How are you not impressed with Sam Jackson, that perpetually evil British guy, and Alfred Pennyworth?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by KingD19
How are you not impressed with Sam Jackson, that perpetually evil British guy, and Alfred Pennyworth?

well i've seen sam lots of times still not gonna waste my money unless this is highly recommended by people who i trust on here

Kazenji
This is another one that's based on a Mark Miller comic

and...oh wai-

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=586861&highlight=title%3A%28Secret%29+forumid%3A2

Kazenji
I've read with the comic Mark Hamill is in it and with the movie adaptation he'll be in it except he won't be playing as himself some new character just for the movie

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=104423

quanchi112
Looks horrendous.

Kazenji
Like you can pick quality movies.

tang3li2
haha this is exciting movie =))

marwash22
Redband trailer:

7D-dkRWBaco

Robtard
The more they show, the cheesier and cheesier it looks

Not sure even Firth can save this

marwash22
well, it's more hardcore than i initially thought it would be. Also, it looks no cheesier than any of the old Bond movies, which were basically sponsored by Velveeta.

I'm still interested.

Robtard
Agreed, Craig is the best Bond ever

Kazenji
I might check this movie out, but I'm not exactly eagerly waiting for the movie.

babyboxoffice
Going to watch Kingsman

marwash22
this chick with the sword-feet is giving me a boner.

CouchTomato86
wasn't on board with this movie originally....but January got me to lower my standards...I think it'll be good, just was going to wait for DVD...after the last few trailers, I'll see in theaters

marwash22
Comes out the day before Valentines. Seems like a perfect date movie. thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
Comes out the day before Valentines. Seems like a perfect date movie. thumb up

If you plan on taking another guy, ***

marwash22
no rob, i won't be your Valentine.

Robtard
Then why do you keep offering me your anus?

marwash22
I've told you more than once to stop giving my dick nicknames.

Tzeentch
Why are you offering him your dick?

Movie looks like shit btw.

Robtard
It's all about the whiteman bringing down the blackman yet again, even in England

Notice how they got two of the pastiest whiteboys to be the heroes and the villain is the not only black, but one of the baddest blacks on the planet

marwash22
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Why are you offering him your dick? because he craves it, and I'm a benevolent person.

Movie looks like shit btw. you think so? Looks like a lot of fun to me.

Kazenji

Movie looks like shit btw.

The reception says otherwise.

Kazenji
Another good movie based on a Mark Miller comic

Mark Hamill was starting to sound like the Joker with his British accent.

jimmy0082
Any link with the James Bond Movies?????

dynamix
great movie, i really enjoyed it. its very clearly a humorous homage to spy films of the past...right down to some of the dramatic camera shots and music lol

Kazenji
Colin Firth could return for a sequel after his supposed death

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=115362

Based
Looks insanely stupid but have only heard good reviews.

DARTH POWER
Awesome movie.

I want Mathew Vaughn directing the new Spider-Man. And the guy in this could probably do a good Peter Parker.

marwash22
Originally posted by dynamix
great movie, i really enjoyed it. its very clearly a humorous homage to spy films of the past...right down to some of the dramatic camera shots and music lol ...and outright mentions of them.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Colin Firth could return for a sequel after his supposed death

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=115362 probably flashbacks.

Daisy Roberts
Originally posted by jimmy0082
Any link with the James Bond Movies?????
I think that they have something in common, but still very different)

BruceSkywalker
film could have been better.. sam jackson was a horrible villain... too many plotholes.. too much PIS.... glad Vaughn left the X-Men films

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
film could have been better.. sam jackson was a horrible villain... too many plotholes.. too much PIS.... glad Vaughn left the X-Men films

confused

DARTH POWER
too many plotholes.. too much PIS.... glad Vaughn left the X-Men films

You do realize that it was a tongue in cheek type film that didn't take itself that seriously right?

As for X-Men directors everything Vaughn touches turns to gold. Unlike Singer who is very Hit and Miss.

Vaughn would be my top choice to direct the next Spider-Man.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
You do realize that it was a tongue in cheek type film that didn't take itself that seriously right?

As for X-Men directors everything Vaughn touches turns to gold. Unlike Singer who is very Hit and Miss.

Vaughn would be my top choice to direct the next Spider-Man.

still the film was SHIT.... then should have stayed and directed Days of future past... if Vaughn does do Spidey(pun intended) I'll pass unless the scriptwriter is a talent...

Mindset
Lol, this movie was great.

Sam Jackson was an entertaining character as always.

marwash22
thumb up

people laughed every time he started talking.

Kazenji
Sounds like Bruce isn't a fan of comedic elements in a action movie.

Discos
First movie I seen in the cinema after being offshore for 5 weeks, and was surprised it was still in theatres.

I actually loved it, wouldnt have went out my way to see it , and only saw it because it was on at a reasonable time.

Great action comedy, I was shocked at some parts just because it was out of nowhere (you know which parts I mean). Great cast, maybe could have went without Michael Caine. Samuel L did some nice acting to be a villain. I laughed haha.

Weird plot, but hey ho spy movies are like that.

Discos - 7/10

ashleybredon
Movie is big dumb the stuff that is serve to the audience doesn't mix well, only the church scene is there that you can enjoy !

marwash22
too many plotholes.. for instance?

Lestov16
Just saw this. Excellent action film, probably the best I've seen in a few years. The action sequences were amazing, the church scene in particular one of the best fights ever filmed. The film was funny, but suspenseful at the same time. It was an excellent deconstruction/reconstruction/parody/homage of the spy genre and action films in general. Sam Jackson was awesome as always, but his knife-legged henchwoman was the best character IMO. The characters were all very well acted and likeable. Just an entirely entertaining film throughout. I liked it much more than John Wick.

8.2/10

Mindset
I busted all over the theater during the church scene.

Oh, man, it was everywhere. thumb up

Newjak
Saw this yesterday. Loved this movie.

Insane Titan
Don't undertand how people can't like this movie. It's a tongue in cheek spy movie with great action.

Kazenji
Sequel incoming

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=119866

Robtard
Caught this a few days ago, silly plot, ridiculous villains, cheesy writing, but I think that was the point. Like they took a Roger Moore era Bond film and made it better with an abundance of ultra-violence.

Definitely worth the price of admission if you want some comedy-action-entertainment.

Placidity
Did not like. Had potential.

Hoping the sequel is more to my liking.

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
Did not like. Had potential.

Hoping the sequel is more to my liking.

Was it the anal sex? You're such a Puritan.

Placidity
Was it the anal sex? You're such a Puritan.

I am impressed. There were a few other things.

Bardock42
I enjoyed this film a lot on the whole.

I did find the end-scene with the princess distasteful though.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
I did find the end-scene with the princess distasteful though.

Why?

Tzeentch
Bardock is a feminist.

Robtard
Well yes, but the final scene is actually a female-empowering scene or something.

Bardock42
Because it was just sexual wish-fulfillment for adolescent viewers and Rob.

Robtard
It seemed like they were taking the piss out of the "male hero is the sexual aggressor" which is standard in action flicks and just about every Bond film, especially the Roger Moore era.

Inhuman
Enjoyed this movie

Bardock42
It seemed like they were taking the piss out of the "male hero is the sexual aggressor" which is standard in action flicks and just about every Bond film, especially the Roger Moore era.

Ah, the old taking the piss by doing exactly the same...how could I have missed it.

Tzeentch
Why is sexual wish-fullmilment for adolescent cent viewers inherently distasteful, Bardock-sempai?

Robtard
Ah, the old taking the piss by doing exactly the same...how could I have missed it.

Well, no. They flipped it with the female being the one. But okay.

Bardock42
Why is sexual wish-fullmilment for adolescent cent viewers inherently distasteful, Bardock-sempai?

I don't think it's inherently distasteful, but in light of the media landscape we have to live with and particularly at the expense of the character in question I find it distasteful.

Well, no. They flipped it with the female being the one. But okay.

If I recall correctly he asked for a kiss in return for letting her out. Which is already pretty messed up, reducing her to a sex object. Obviously the princess in this case is not a person in distress for being held hostage for weeks, she's just a sexual reward for the main character. I understand that what you said is the intention, I just don't think it's empowering, it's more the opposite, same old sexism, and I found it distasteful, as stated previously.

Placidity
Just for my sake, I want to be clear my reasons for disliking it are far from what Bardok is saying.

Bardock42
Just to be clear, I did like it. I thought it was excellent pretty much all the way through, I didn't like that joke, but I don't think it spoils the movie.

Robtard
Yeah right, to both of you

Placidity
You can't lump me in with Bardock. That's bullshit.

Robtard
#lumpedwithbardock

Mindset
I don't think it's inherently distasteful, but in light of the media landscape we have to live with and particularly at the expense of the character in question I find it distasteful.

If I recall correctly he asked for a kiss in return for letting her out. Which is already pretty messed up, reducing her to a sex object. Obviously the princess in this case is not a person in distress for being held hostage for weeks, she's just a sexual reward for the main character. I understand that what you said is the intention, I just don't think it's empowering, it's more the opposite, same old sexism, and I found it distasteful, as stated previously. She is a sex object, you vagina fart.

Mindset
Originally posted by Placidity
You can't lump me in with Bardock. That's bullshit. Originally posted by Robtard
#lumpedwithbardock #bardock2.0

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mindset
She is a sex object, you vagina fart.

That's what I said, the scene reduced her to that. Which I think is bad writing.

Tzeentch
What role do you think she should have fulfilled in the film, if not that of a sexual object?

Bardock42
Well, she was pretty cool standing up to Samuel L. Jackson, so something more in that vein, she could have aided Eggsy in some way. Or just being rescued without the line.

Really just been one of the NPC characters that Eggsy doesn't **** as a reward for winning....because that's just so overdone.

The movie is very good in portraying female characters generally though, I think. And the platonic friendship between Eggsy and Roxy is great and refreshing.

Tzeentch
Hmm. I was really disappointed with Roxy actually. I was relieved too when she ended not being homeboy's romantic lead, but I felt her character was criminally underused in the latter half of the movie- considering she was the only one to actually make it into being a Kingsman I kind of hoped she'd get an opportunity to kick some ass.

That bothered me more than the governess chick getting buttphucked. I'm pretty sure I actually exhaled a "come on, man" in the theater when Roxy was relegated to the super safe and irrelevant air-balloon ride while the men went to go do the fun manly stuff.

Bardock42
Hmm. I was really disappointed with Roxy actually. I was relieved too when she ended not being homeboy's romantic lead, but I felt her character was criminally underused in the latter half of the movie- considering she was the only one to actually make it into being a Kingsman I kind of hoped she'd get an opportunity to kick some ass.

That bothered me more than the governess chick getting buttphucked. I'm pretty sure I actually exhaled a "come on, man" in the theater when Roxy was relegated to the super safe and irrelevant air-balloon ride while the men went to go do the fun manly stuff.
Oh yeah, I agree with that, I was also just referring to the lack of romance.

It was ridiculous for them to have the actual Kingsman who is afraid of heights do the balloon thing and the non-Kingsman the inflitration.

KingD19

It was ridiculous for them to have the actual Kingsman who is afraid of heights do the balloon thing and the non-Kingsman the inflitration.

Except for the fact that Eggsy was a Kingsman. In stopping Arthur, he opened a position and Merlin basically had the authority to make him one. That's why he called him Arthur for the rest of the movie as he was the new one. And aside from not killing his dog, he basically excelled far beyond every other recruit.

I was more surprised they didn't make him Galahad, but considering all he did for the agency and saving the world, I figure they wanted him to be a true Arthur. He's the leader, but he's still young and has lots to learn, which is why Merlin is there to guide him along.

Robtard
Besides, no true Kingsmen would be afraid of heights. Silly cookie-cutter kid-ass chick would have failed the Kingsmen cut on that phobia alone.

KingD19
If Eggsy hadn't been such a nice guy, Roxy wouldn't have passed the parachute course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.