Galen Marek vs. Darth Nox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

PTforthewin
Galen wins he has Better TK and saber feats he wins

Lord Stark
And better lightning feats for that matter.

WildBantha88
Galen Marek

Nephthys
It would be a great fight imo.

WildBantha88
Not even... Nox is overrated IMO

Nephthys
Nox is by herself an extremely powerful Sith Lord, with the ability to call upon the combined power of 4 Sith Lords (and one Voss Mystic). You think Galen is more powerful than 6 Sith Lords put together?

Nox is underrated if anything.

WildBantha88
Yea, Nox doesn't impress me. Galen does

Nephthys
Nox backhanded Force Lightning.

Nalaniel
Galen Marek.

DarthAnt66
Marek isn't above ANH Vader, who is lesser then TPM Maul.
Nox takes this, obviously.

Sinious
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Marek isn't above ANH Vader, who is lesser then TPM Maul.
Nox takes this, obviously.

Why is he not better than ANH Vader?

DarthAnt66
Because he was merely the equal to TFU variant.

Nephthys
Marek > Vader. He can overpower him with lightsabers and the Force.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
Marek > Vader. He can overpower him with lightsabers and the Force.
TFU Marek could beat TFU Vader, but Vader improved between TFU and ANH.

Nephthys
I thought he declined, myself.

Emperordmb
I thought he declined, myself.
His performance in TFU II suggests otherwise.

PTforthewin
Vader is overrated Galen marek won against vader in sabers and force

Emperordmb
Originally posted by PTforthewin
He won against TFU I Vader. Vader has improved since then.

Nephthys

Stop agreeing with me, you're making my argument look bad.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
His performance in TFU II suggests otherwise.

Eh.

PTforthewin
Stop agreeing with me, you're making my argument look bad.

Eh. go **** yourself you ignorant piece of shit

Emperordmb
Wow... hostile

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Wow... hostile he thinks he's all that

Nephthys
Compared to you, yeah.

PTforthewin
Compared to you, yeah. **** you

UltimateAnomaly
**** you

Hah, enjoy yourself when you get banned. big grin.

WildBantha88
**** you It must be that time of the month again

Nephthys
Well I did start it.

red8
Nox was the chick that made that guy bow down before her, right?

I think this could be a good fight.

PTforthewin
Nox was a guy

PTforthewin
Why is everyone saying that it's a she is it confirmed canon that the consular/inquisitor are females

UltimateAnomaly
There's no canon genders confirmed yet. Neph wants Nox to be a female, therefore refers to them with fem-gender words.

Just like when I talk about Nox, I say he.

Basic English PT.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
There's no canon genders confirmed yet. Neph wants Nox to be a female, therefore refers to them with fem-gender words.

Just like when I talk about Nox, I say he.

Basic English PT. it's the internet, not English class

WildBantha88
it's the internet, not English class Its still sad if you cant tell the difference between "he" and "she".

PTforthewin
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Its still sad if you cant tell the difference between "he" and "she". last time I checked I do know the difference

Emperordmb
I consider Nox a female, as designating a gender makes it easier to refer to Nox with pronouns.

A girl would better fit with the seductive and subtle nature of the dark side. I don't take class trailers as canon, however in the sith inquisitor trailer, the inquisitor's voice has a seductive purr that just screams this is Darth ****ing Nox! Nox has also been quite sassy at times with the slapping away of Thanaton's lightning, the arm crossing, the head shaking, the subtle arm movements when forcing Thanaton to his knees, and the backhand lightning slap. Overall Nox fits better as a female and female fits better for this class.

UltimateAnomaly
Opinion on class gender is still opinion. But hey, that's what I was trying to explain to PT but talking to him is like explaining physics to a slug.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
Opinion on class gender is still opinion. But hey, that's what I was trying to explain to PT but talking to him is like explaining physics to a slug. I didn't even do anything

ILS
Bump

Sinious
I miss PTforthewin.

FreshestSlice
He's still here every few weeks, bruh.

Sinious
Its not the same tbh

carthage
Marek in all. 3

Nargaroth
Originally posted by carthage
Marek in all. 3

The Merchant
Marek. More raw power, Nox has better hax but Marek could just flatten her with his TK before she pulled anything.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Nox

AncientPower
Darth Nox's ghosts render the Marek TK advantage inert, not that I believe he'd be all that effective against someone who tanked the eye of an FLS without any Force defenses and proceded to stomp Thanaton in return.

FreshestSlice
You do realize that the eye is the calmest part of any storm?

AncientPower
Assuming of course an FLS works anything like a real storm, fact is Nox was in the center of that attack and it was a lengthy assault. But the spirits made that attack irrelevant, then Nox utterly stomped him.

Board Walker
Marek stomps the spirits and then stomps nox.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower
Assuming of course an FLS works anything like a real storm, fact is Nox was in the center of that attack and it was a lengthy assault. But the spirits made that attack irrelevant, then Nox utterly stomped him.
No, Nox was beating Thanaton before that. Because Thanaton is in now way comparable to Nox, with ghosts, so he was defeated. Marek, however, is much more powerful than Thanaton, so saying, "Nox beat Thanaton, so Nox can tank all Lightning" is wrong. And all storms work the same, so I assume physics still applies in some shape or form.

AncientPower
My point was that any damage Marek does will be neglible because of the fact Nox isn't vulnerable to regular attacks, the ghosts minimize the effectiveness of Marek's attacks here. On the flip side Nox's sorcery will be highly effectivr against Marek.

FreshestSlice
And your point is W-R-O-N-G, because Nox is still vulnerable and can die, just not permanently. The fact that Thanaton couldn't kill them doesn't mean no one can.

Zenwolf
Edit: Nvrm. Forgot that it was all defense stuff...continue.

Jmanghan
Marek destroys him

Stigma
Marek shatters Nox into a million pieces. Then eats him in a burger.

FreshestSlice
Marek might beat Nox, but Nox is female, damn it.
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Edit: Nvrm. Forgot that it was all defense stuff...continue.
Nope. The Ghosts aren't "defense stuff." They augment Nox's already pretty high Force reserves with large amounts of energy, mostly to make up for them being at a disadvantage not being trained as much as most higher up Sith. Anything dealing with defense is something Nox still brings up on his/her own.

Stigma
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Marek might beating Nox, but Nox is female, damn it.
Well, then in my previous post I should have said: Marek eats her cool

FreshestSlice
As if she'd let him.

Stigma
As if she'd let him.
Or... she'd make him. eek!

Zenwolf
Marek might beat Nox, but Nox is female, damn it.

Nope. The Ghosts aren't "defense stuff." They augment Nox's already pretty high Force reserves with large amounts of energy, mostly to make up for them being at a disadvantage not being trained as much as most higher up Sith. Anything dealing with defense is something Nox still brings up on his/her own.

Yet it seems to me all that is unquaitifable, so spouting out how powerful Nox is, is rather pointless rather than just...ya know going off what Nox is capable of.

Unless of course were allowing unqauntifiable things for characters now.

FreshestSlice
Doesn't matter. Nox says it's "raw power." And I believe them.

Nephthys
Nox can backhand lightning. It's "near-impossible" to deflect lightning.

I think Nox has the skill to back up her defense on top of the power, personally.

FreshestSlice
How does that answer, "What do the ghosts do?"

Board Walker
Starkiller kills the ghosts

The_Tempest
Which marek is this? Either one takes it, but Tfu2 'killer may very well stomp.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
<--------------- is questioning if you think 'killer actually stomps or this is just an elaborate plot

The_Tempest
'killer blew a star destroyer apart and withstood atmospheric reentry while Tk'ing a frigate before blowing it the fvck up.

Nox's light show ain't touching that.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Force pushing an injured guard in SWTOR = Dorsk 81 in TFU

The_Tempest
mmm

welp, you got me there.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Tbf force pushing is out of Nox's range of capabilities

this is why debating in this vein is flawed no matter what. Different interpretations of character power are different interpretations of character power.

The_Tempest
wat?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
feats are just as incomparable as accolades, especially cross-era.

The_Tempest
Not really. feats are pretty easy to compare for the most part. Blowing apart a star destroyer {'killer} is orders of magnitude more impressive than force pushing a random trooper into a computer console {bandon}.

Now whether those feats reliably portray superiority is another matter, but determining superiority of the feats themselves is a pretty easy thing to do in most cases imo.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Now whether those feats reliably portray superiority is another matter, but determining superiority of the feats themselves is a pretty easy thing to do in most cases imo.

Except when you have things like KOTOR 2, TFU, and even OCW. Will 'Killer and Vader stomp Windu, Exar Kun, Revan, etc as well?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Except when you have things like KOTOR 2, TFU, and even OCW. Will 'Killer and Vader stomp Windu, Exar Kun, Revan, etc as well?

Which is why I said "now whether those feats reliably portray superiority is another matter," which you ignored in your rush to contradict me.

But the debate so far has only considered feats. so I thought I'd be helpful by pointing out that 'killer's feats vastly outstrip Nox's.

Now bend the knee, servant.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I noticed it, which is why I quoted it. That's another matter though, is it not?

You've already hustled this elaborate plan, tbh.

And nah take NewGuy instead.

Nephthys
No Temp, AP made points about Nox's sorcery being something Marek has no experience against and much of the talk has been about the logical impact of Nox's ghosts, not just feats.

The_Tempest
No Temp, AP made points about Nox's sorcery being something Marek has no experience against

feats.

and much of the talk has been about the logical impact of Nox's ghosts, not just feats.

Extrapolation from feats.

Nephthys
Lolno

AncientPower
Starkiller has absolutely nil in terms of counters for Nox's sorcery (mainly TP attacks) or massive ghost amplifications. Her ability to camouflage, teleport and heal at will are just icing on the hax cake.

The_Tempest
Starkiller has absolutely nil in terms of counters for Nox's sorcery (mainly TP attacks) or massive ghost amplifications. Her ability to camouflage, teleport and heal at will are just icing on the hax cake.

'killer is capable of concealment as well per Tfu2's novel. and you've provided no evidence to suggest that Nox could successfully TP a force user of his caliber. Especially when 'killer appears to vastly exceed Nox in terms of sheer power.

Stigma
Starkiller crushes Nox into a ball and throws her into the orbit.

carthage

None of which matters given the titanic power disparity between them as force users though thumb up

Selenial

I also like using game mechanics for no discernible reason whatsoever.

AncientPower
'killer is capable of concealment as well per Tfu2's novel. and you've provided no evidence to suggest that Nox could successfully TP a force user of his caliber. Especially when 'killer appears to vastly exceed Nox in terms of sheer power.

This is laughable, Nox is stated to have utterly destroyed the 'supremely powerful' Darth Thanaton in the codex and became far stronger after that. Considering the fact Thanaton himself as a mere apprentice was already very powerful in the Force and grew immensely stronger after this. The idea Nox isn't even around Vader tier is disgustingly misguided.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Selenial
I also like using game mechanics for no discernible reason whatsoever.

You clearly haven't a basic comprehension of the SWTOR codex or disciplines.

The Merchant
Starkiller was able to move a falling Star Destroyer, which has a mass of 892,000,000,000 Metric tons when fully loaded. Even if Starkiller moved the Destroyer at 1 meter per second, the amount of energy he used would hit with a force roughly equal to that of a 107 Kiloton bomb. The nuke used to bomb Hiroshima was only 21 Kilotons I believe. Nox gets PASTED

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The Merchant
Starkiller was able to move a falling Star Destroyer, which has a mass of 892,000,000,000 Metric tons when fully loaded.

Pfft, superman shoulder presses that with 1 arm. cool

AncientPower
Starkiller was able to move a falling Star Destroyer, which has a mass of 892,000,000,000 Metric tons when fully loaded. Even if Starkiller moved the Destroyer at 1 meter per second, the amount of energy he used would hit with a force roughly equal to that of a 107 Kiloton bomb. The nuke used to bomb Hiroshima was only 21 Kilotons I believe. Nox gets PASTED

Starkiller managed to direct it towards the surface and lost control completely, Nox equated Hord in terms of strength according to Khem Val, Hord having torn a cruiser down with TK himself.

carthage
Marek is incapable of beating a supremely powerful force user, and him collapsing 5 massive buildings, disintegrating a hole in a Corellian cruiser, guiding down a Star destroyer are inferior feats to using mental tricks on fodder characters

Marek loses hard

AncientPower
Your teen angst nourishes me Carthage.

Starkiller has torn down Star Destroyers, therefore anyone who hasn't gets pasted by him. ROTS Sidious < Starkiller confirmed.

carthage
And your mental retardation pleases me.

The only people even denying that this is anything short of a slaughter for SK, are you and the other TORfanboys like Neph. Please show me anything she's done on the scale of what I mentioned thumb up

AncientPower
Yeh like he 'slaughtered' Vader, your fallacious logic is astounding really.

carthage
Legends Vader makes Nox and Thansuckass look like gnats in terms of raw power. You've done nothing other than pull a Neph AKA no limit's fallacy and scream SORCERY GAIZ, kind of funny to see you lower yourself even lower to Neph's level though

Again please show me anything that compares to collapsing 5 massive buidlings, turning ATT'S to scrap metal, powering a massive engine with FL, killing a Rancor with FL, ragdolling TIE fighters, deflecting Vader's telekinetic assault, and guiding down a Star destroyer. Your'e grasping at straws as usual thumb up

AncientPower
Please show me anything that Vader has done placing him so far above Darth Nox so as to be insormountable. You are legit placing Vader on Revan tier right now and suggesting Starkiller is even stronger. You're unbelievably thick.

On the flipside, you are still ignoring the fact Starkiller would get decimated by Sith sorcery in a swift fashion like Kun took out Luke. Not to mention have his supposedly immense telekinetic advantages count for nothing against a being with massive regen capabilities.

Now continue describing how Starkiller ROFLMFAOGODSTOMPS Darth Nox like he did to Rahm Kota- oh wait, Kazdan Paratus- oh wait, Shaak Ti- oh wait, A Shadow Guard- oh wait. You know I am really failing to remember any occasion in the novels where he slaughtered anybody decently powerful. Must be my age.

Please continue with the indiscernible ejaculations you call arguments. Your mastubatory obsession with Nephthys is your privacy, keep your furry fetish to yourself.

carthage
Please show me anything that Vader has done placing him so far above Darth Nox so as to be insormountable. You are legit placing Vader on Revan tier right now and suggesting Starkiller is even stronger. You're unbelievably thick.

Reducing armored insects to blood mist, collapsing cathedrals, melting durasteel, collapsing entire building platforms, crushing TIE fighters with a gesture, oneshotting Ahsoka Tano with a mental attack, manipulating freighters, using barrier against an explosion of a massive Imperial lab, shredding Vulture droids to ribbons, collapsing massive Mining cranes, and tons more. Compared to Nox using basic TK attacks on a Sith Lord Vader would break in half, and Galen could repel his TK attacks and break his choke.

Kun took out Luke while drawing on the Massassi temple's power, and was heavily amplified by the Yavin nexus. That's completely unrelated to Nox only using attacks on fodder characters. Please show me a single feat where she put her sorcery to use on a force user that was remotely comparable in power to Galen. You're right he can continually ragdoll her or split her in half with telekinesis rendering her regen useless thumb up

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3pPDg4yTm6o/T2NhUjGlAAI/AAAAAAAACyY/VUZOkxwiLsc/s1600/124436_340.jpeg

Trocity
Vitiate = supremely powerful.

Thanaton = supremely powerful.

Vitiate=Thanaton???

Stigma
Originally posted by Trocity
Vitiate = supremely powerful.

Thanaton = supremely powerful.

Vitiate=Thanaton???
To be fair, Nox > Vitiate then.

BTW does Viti have regen?

carthage
Nox can use MINDHAXX to take down extremely powerful soldiers. Marek is obviously ****ed

Stigma
Nox can use MINDHAXX to take down extremely powerful soldiers. Marek is obviously ****ed
Um... soldiers > Vitiate?

AncientPower
Originally posted by Trocity
Vitiate = "god-like avatar", "embodiment of the dark side."

Thanaton = "supremely powerful."

Vitiate >>>>>>>>>> Thanaton.

Better now, isn't it?

AncientPower
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3pPDg4yTm6o/T2NhUjGlAAI/AAAAAAAACyY/VUZOkxwiLsc/s1600/124436_340.jpeg

Again, please show me Starkiller 'slaughtering' a 'master of the Dark Side' and 'lord of the dead' who can draw off the power of four of history's most powerful Dark Side sorcerers and a 'very powerful' Voss Mystic.

Well during his apprenticeship he failed to overwhelm Rahm Kota, Kazdan Paratus or Shaak Ti, struggled with a single Shadow Guard and then defeated a disinterested Vader. We also now know that in reality Vader was merely testing Starkiller . Really he would make him kneel with his true powers. So Gary SueKiller can't even be accredited with strength superior or equal to Vader.

Instead of throwing around feats that don't actually attest to a 1 vs 1 against other powerful Force users, give me feats that do. Because his track record in fights by no means suggest that he's slaughtering one of the most powerful sorcerers and Force users in the entirety of the Old Republic era.

You can continue to laughably play the self-humiliation card that is "His raw power makes him immune to any and all sorcery". No actually please do, it's so flawed that I find it humorous how others flock to it's idiocy.

|King Joker|
oneshotting Ahsoka Tano with a mental attack I don't really think Vader was actively doing any sort of telepathic assault. Ahsoka's reaction connecting with Vader's mind had more to do with her sensing how corrupted and evil he/Anakin was. It was like a shock to her system - her former master that she shared such a deep connection with now being a complete embodiment of the dark side caused the KO, IMO.

Trocity
Better now, isn't it?

Sounding more and more like LeGenD lol.

AncientPower
So actually respecting TOR era characters makes me LeGenD? I better inform Nai whilst he humiliates the PT crew then.

carthage

Trocity
No, just the "supremely powerful" "godlike avatar" and "flawless skill" comments remind me of LeGenD and his TOR wank.

Nephthys
The supreme butthurt from carthage and stigma in this thread amuses me.

Mareks feats are wild exaggerations. The fact that he struggles with a single shadowguard goes a long way to show that he doesn't operate anywhere near that level in a fight and his true capabilities are ridiculously inferior to the wank.

carthage
No one cares if you think they're exaggerations, fanboy. ****ing Nox is weak as hell without her precious amp.

laughing out loud

Nephthys
Wow, inside of a minute. Obsess much?

carthage
And yet you responded in the same exact time. Damn you must want my nuts bro

Nephthys
I clicked off the page and saw that you'd already replied. You must have been F5ing the whole time or something sad like that.

carthage
Its alright I know you want a real man after being rejected by Tempest. I accept you come to me and I will purge you if liking shit characters

Nephthys
Huh, 7.

carthage
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130417044351/starwars/images/e/e8/PalpatineTauntingLuke.png

AncientPower
Given your obvious and furious wanking of PT characters and infantile insults against Nox, a fictional character at that. Honestly debating with you is like debating against quanchi.

The_Tempest
I suppose it's sheer coincidence that a guy whose handle is AncientPower tends to favor overwhelmingly chronologically ancient characters and eras like Nox and SWTOR? Nothing to read into there?

Stones and glass houses, my son. Relax.

Anyway, so your position is that 'Killer's raw power would provide no defense against a TP attack, right?

So does that mean that Nox could take down any character, regardless of raw power, if that character lacks TP feats?

Nox > The Father?

AncientPower
No, because raw power isn't a defense in terms of a sphere like telepathy. Willpower, emotional stability and TP mastery however are. Case in point being that Vitiate and the Dread Masters combined couldn't break Revan.

Nephthys
thumb up

The_Tempest
No, because raw power isn't a defense in terms of a sphere like telepathy. Willpower, emotional stability and TP mastery however are. Case in point being that Vitiate and the Dread Masters combined couldn't break Revan.

So let's assume that's the case. That still doesn't prove that Nox is capable of TPing 'Killer. You neglected my question about The Father.

AncientPower
What suggestions do we have that Starkiller has telepathic resistance against someone as potent in the art as Nox?

The Father isn't even applicable here, he's a demigod and has a willpower far beyond anything Nox could probably even comprehend let alone challenge.

The_Tempest
It's your burden to prove that Nox can pull it off, not our burden to prove he can't.

Why is The Father not applicable? What willpower feats does he have?

FreshestSlice
I think holding the Son, the Daughter, Abeloth, and the entire galaxy in check requires a lot of willpower, but that's just me.

Nephthys
It's your burden to prove that Nox can pull it off, not our burden to prove he can't.

Why is The Father not applicable? What willpower feats does he have?

No it isn't. He's provided plenty of evidence of Nox's abilities. You've offered nothing to suggest Starkiller could resist. You said 'killers sheer power would let him resist, but AP demolished your point with his Revan example. With no counterargument, his point stands unopposed.

The_Tempest
I think holding the Son, the Daughter, Abeloth, and the entire galaxy in check requires a lot of willpower, but that's just me.

And that was an act of "will" power as opposed to Force power... How?

AncientPower
Darth Nox mastered the use of mental attacks, I am not even really claiming Nox will dominate him mentally. Only that he'll be distracted enough from said TP for Nox to exploit it. Nox's other techniques are yet more advantages.

carthage
What suggestions do we have that Starkiller has telepathic resistance against someone as potent in the art as Nox?

The Father isn't even applicable here, he's a demigod and has a willpower far beyond anything Nox could probably even comprehend let alone challenge.

Because using TP on fodder like Sith assassins and Troopers is proof it will work on SK right? Keep shitposting bro. By your same no limits fallacy Galen can crumple her into a ball with flick of his wrist.

Which is more tenable of a position given he's the more powerful force wielder thumb up

Nephthys
Telepathically dominating a squad of Sith Assassins is a great feat, actually.

The_Tempest
FYI I can just replace The Father with The Son and labor my point equally well. The Son has no "willpower" feats to speak of. AP's argument would mean that Nox could successfully TP him.

Zenwolf
Eh Carth I would say Galen only overpowered Kota after the fact Kota was fatigued, before that he wasn't able to get over him.

Nephthys
Using the One's as examples doesn't really work cuz they're like, gods? Use someone like Plagueis or Yoda or someone with immense power but no TP feats.

SunRazer
Plagueis does not have no TP feats, lol.

AncientPower
Case in point, Starkiller is one of the few overt powerhouses who has poor TP, infact he is haunted by visions and is an emotional wreck to boot.

AncientPower
Because using TP on fodder like Sith assassins and Troopers is proof it will work on SK right? Keep shitposting bro. By your same no limits fallacy Galen can crumple her into a ball with flick of his wrist.

Which is more tenable of a position given he's the more powerful force wielder thumb up

Mindraping a group of Sith is nothing like a fodder TP feat and is certainly far better than anything Starkiller has done mentally. He has poor mental strength, his power is little to do with it.

Nephthys
Ironically I'm pretty sure SK's only TP feat is mindtricking stormtroopers, lol.

The_Tempest
AP, just so I can grasp the full nature of your argument regarding TP, I need to know if you think that Nox could TP The Father or The Son, who has no TP resistance feats to speak of.

FreshestSlice
And that was an act of "will" power as opposed to Force power... How?
Because it takes constant effort and he's been doing it for millennia? Just a guess.

The_Tempest
Requiring constant effort and lengthy duration indicates willpower over Force power... How?

It's almost as if the two are... Like... Connected or something.

Is the point easier to digest for you if conveyed in sarcastically?

AncientPower
No I do not, I don't have Carthage's imbecilic logic that unless it's in a feat it's impossible. The Father and the Son's mental strength is heavily implied and undoubted. I don't need to be hand-held by feats alone to realise the obvious.

Starkiller is emotional, haunted and lacks the willpower to circumvent a very powerful sorcerer with mastery in the realm of TP attacks like Nox. Force power is of course a supplement to such a mental fight but not as important as the actual defenses required.

The_Tempest
No I do not, I don't have Carthage's imbecilic logic that unless it's in a feat it's impossible. The Father and the Son's mental strength is heavily implied and undoubted. I don't need to be hand-held by feats alone to realise the obvious.

Starkiller is emotional, haunted and lacks the willpower to circumvent a very powerful sorcerer with mastery in the realm of TP attacks like Nox. Force power is of course a supplement to such a mental fight but not as important as the actual defenses required.

You start off so wonderfully.

As a suggestion, then: perhaps you shouldn't portray your argument as hinging on lack of feats but a particular vulnerability to telepathic influence this character may possess?

I'm so helpful.

But that said, your argument is "Starkiller lacks the willpower" to resist Nox. According to what?

FreshestSlice
Requiring constant effort and lengthy duration indicates willpower over Force power... How?

It's almost as if the two are... Like... Connected or something.

Is the point easier to digest for you if conveyed in sarcastically?
You're implying I said that Starkiller lacks willpower. I did not. That being said, taking everything he does at face value is also something I don't do. No one finds it weird that Kota says, "Hey kid, go move that Star Destroyer, because Jedi do shit like that," instead of, "Hey kid, we're ****ed, it was nice knowing you." No, they just take it all at face value and move on. Yeah, that's a problem throughout Star Wars, but it's especially bad in TFU, and certain characters in TOR.

The_Tempest
It's an inconsistently portrayed universe, no doubt.

AncientPower
You start off so wonderfully.

As a suggestion, then: perhaps you shouldn't portray your argument as hinging on lack of feats but a particular vulnerability to telepathic influence this character may possess?

I'm so helpful.

But that said, your argument is "Starkiller lacks the willpower" to resist Nox. According to what?

Thank you.

His personal vulnerabilities, psychological issues and his getting tooled by Vader's Dun Moch leave a lot to be desired for a start.

Nai

I'm sorry to interrupt the hilarity going on here, but I need to put that into perspective.

Starkiller was pulling the Star Destroyer towards the ground. The Star Destroyer "hovered" in the atmosphere, naturally pulled towards the ground by gravitation and doing nothing but perhabs "countering" that effect with its own engines. So it was, very likely, in "balance" between gravitation and its own trust. Starkiller does just influence that balance with his own power. How is that impressive at all?

It's like pushing an heavy object suspended mid-air on a rope. Even if you could never, ever move that object around when it was on the ground, you could do it in that very situation with relative ease, because there would be next to no resistance coming from the mass of the object. If the mass of the object can be left out of the equation, then every bit of force applied on the object will result in acceleration.

That he is incapable of actually handling the weight of the Star Destroyer is quite obvious, given that he can't stop its movements, once he brought it down to the ground.

Nephthys
Huh? No, the Star Destroyer was already falling. All he did was direct it's movement. It's engines weren't doing shit.

Nai
Huh? No, the Star Destroyer was already falling. All he did was direct it's movement. It's engines weren't doing shit.

Hmm. Was it?

After rewatching the cutscene following the "fight", it appears as if he is just slamming the front of it down to make it impact, then slams the back down and then miserably fails to actually stop the thing. He doesn't even slow the advance of the thing on the ground.

Doesn't look too impressive...

The Merchant
He pushed something that has a mass of 892 billion Metric Tons :I Again, even if here barely moved it by a meter the amount of energy required to move the starship 1 meter per second would require kinetic energy that is equal to a massive atomic bomb.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Science/Relativity.html

Input the values I gave in the calculator. Also maybe the opponents that Starkiller struggled with are just that powerful? Finally, Hord bringing down a ship similar to a Hammerhead cruiser had its own calculation to it, it was roughly 3 times more powerful than Marek's if you believe he only moved it 1 meter. In reality the Star Destroyer was falling at Hypersonic speeds, so Moving that much mass plus with that amount of speed it was packing would raise the figure by many orders of magnitudes. SK SOLOS TOR.

SIDIOUS 66
AncientPower, I was going to ask you which sorcery feats would be effective in combat against the likes of Marek, but seeing as how you are regarding Nai based on his argument for Kun, I don't imagine I'd get the answer. Bringing up Kun's debunked feat against Luke isn't helping your case here. Instead of going in an endless circle, answer Cart's question. Don't pull a Nai. I've asked him repeatedly for any offensive sorcery attacks other than blasts for Kun, and kept being redirected to that Luke feat (which had Luke already down via a lightning attack prior) and got no where. Cart is right, the logic you're using is a no limit fallacy. Just because one is a sorcerer doesn't mean they can do just anything, or beat anyone who isn't. Elaboration is needed, and if you're doing strictly feats, then from what is being presented, Starkiller blows her apart. Bringing up Vader and the others whom SK struggled with isn't helping your case at all since they aren't Nox. You need a different approach. You're expecting Cart to accept everything you say while dismissing everything he says.

Despite all of those inner demons you presented, Starkiller turned down Palpatine and Vader's offer, while continuing to draw heavily on the dark side, and not lose himself to it. It's almost as if he had an extraordinary willpower or something.

AncientPower
Darth Nox has debilitating and physically corrupting spells she can use on him to temporarily cripple him. She also has advanced stealth and teleportstion feats. She can heal herself or drain Marek at her own will. Her Force defenses have been strong enough to near effortlessly ward off the attacks of very strong Sith spirits and the likes of Zash and Thanaton.

Darth Nox a long time before her prime has killed Darth Zash with 'ease' despite Zash having been protected by Force resistant rituals.

Darth Nox has dominated the minds of a group of highly trained Sith assassins with apparent ease, demonstrating her 'madness' discipline mastery.

Nox 'destroyed' the 'supremely powerful' Darth Thanaton. Noting of course that Thanaton as Teneb Kel was so powerful that the Emperor personally appointed him to kill Exal Kressh.

Teneb Kel was strong enough that he killed a Gargantuan with Force Lightning despite being near death. He also threw around car sized pieces of starship junk with ease and formed a massive bridge of junk metal with tk in the vacuum of space, maintained that tk and withstood the vacuum of space as he moved across it. Teneb Kel was very powerful, decades before his prime as Darth Thanaton.

As Darth Thanaton he could kill Nox and Ashara Zavros with one Sith spell, all that saved Nox were the ghosts themselves. He was capable of withstanding the massive energy explosion that Nox unleashed. He later summoned a Bubble too powerful to be broken into. He has also of course summoned an FLS strong enough to rip chunks out of the Dark Council chamber and make Nox kneel. Nox again overcomes this with her spirits and proceeds to dominate him in return.

Darth Thanaton is not some peon, he's clearly very powerful and has feats to back them up. Darth Nox 'destroyed' him with the 'overwhelming power' of her spirits. A very impressive feat being desperately marginalised.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>