Savage Opress, Darth Zannah, and Raskta Lsu run a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
1. TCW Kenobi, Ki Adi Mundi, Darth Nihl

2. Wolf Sazen, ROTS Kenobi, and Saesee Tiin

3. SF Malak, Lumiya, Durge

4. Hero of Tython, Reborn Krayt, Revan

BOSS: Darth Plagueis

Q99
Hm, beats 1, beats 2, probably stops at 3.

4 would stomp them.

Nephthys
Stops at 4.

Lolwut at stopping at 3. Savage > Durge, Raskta > Lumiya and Zannah > Malak.

Q99
Durge is pretty hard to stop, though, I don't know if Savage has anything to put him down (though Zannah's sorcery likely could...). Not sure about Rashka vs Lumiya there- Lumiya's very solid in a duel and has her illusion advantage. My though was Lumiya would have the overall edge due to force.

I'd think Zannah and starforge Malak aren't *too* far apart, but also to the point, I think Zannah's needed to actually drop Durge, so she has multiple areas where she's needed.

I'd think it'd at *least* be a difficult fight.

DarthAnt66
Malak would beat Zaanah via physical strength.

NewGuy01
Has a good chance of stopping at one and two, but probably falls at three.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Q99
Durge is pretty hard to stop, though, I don't know if Savage has anything to put him down (though Zannah's sorcery likely could...). Not sure about Rashka vs Lumiya there- Lumiya's very solid in a duel and has her illusion advantage. My though was Lumiya would have the overall edge due to force.

I'd think Zannah and starforge Malak aren't *too* far apart, but also to the point, I think Zannah's needed to actually drop Durge, so she has multiple areas where she's needed.

I'd think it'd at *least* be a difficult fight.

Obi-Wan was able to put him down with the Force. Savage will be able to too. At least temporarily until Zannah can mindf*ck him. Hell, Savage could probably just judo-pin him.

As I've pointed out before, Lumiya was losing in lightsabers and the Force to a random Jedi Knight. She doesn't have the chops to defeat Raskta in any area, especially since Raskta uses dual blades, which work well against a whip.

Zannah is at least on Kotor Revan's level, who beat Malak several timersdespite all the fighting he did up to him. Zannah defeats Malak with perhaps some difficulty.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Malak would beat Zaanah via physical strength.

Lmao.

https://warosu.org/data/tg/img/0295/99/1390087294914.jpg

Malak has no strength feats. And none that compare to Bane, who Zannah had no real problem with in terms of strength.

DarthAnt66
You mean like Sarro Xaj, who has zero strength feats at all but nearly beat Zaanah due to his strength? Meanwhile Malak holds strength feats, is maxed out in strength in all roleplaying game canon sheets, and is a ****ing monster in size and build.

Zampanó
Wut
:/

DarthAnt66
Zannah vs Shaak Ti would be a heck of a fight.
Put her on Revan/Malak level?
"Let me laugh even harder."

Nephthys
You mean like Sarro Xaj, who has zero strength feats at all but nearly beat Zaanah due to his strength? Meanwhile Malak holds strength feats, is maxed out in strength in all roleplaying game canon sheets, and is a ****ing monster in size and build.

Sarro is bigger and more muscular than Malak. And that was apprentice Zannah. In DOE she was blocking Banes attacks with no sign of strain outside of his initial bullrush. And Bane is much stronger than Malak.

Lol @ gameplay stats. And choking a mandalorian isn't a strength feat. Overpowering a normal human means nothing.

Frankly Zannah might blitz Malak. Shes as fast as Bane.

Originally posted by Zampanó
Wut
:/

She's way above him of course, I'm just saying it for arguments sake.

Zampanó
Originally posted by Nephthys

Frankly Zannah might blitz Malak. Shes as fast as Bane.

She's way above him of course, I'm just saying it for arguments sake.
Oh. HahahaHA. I didn't realize that you were mKing jokes with the new boys and girls.

(Nhilius stomps)

Nephthys
Zannah is as fast as Bane. Read their DoE fight, she's blocking his individual attacks no problem, reacting as fast as he does and Bane only has an edge in speed after she's concentrating on the tentacles and has broken ribs. Even when she's on the floor and he's laying into her she manages to block all his attacks and get away.

She's at least close, which makes her > Malak.

NewGuy01
I would still rate Darth Zannah under the likes of Exar Kun, but I agree Zannah could best Malak if she was capable of besting Bane.

Nephthys
I'd probably give Kun the win over her too, though only for the amulets. She's his equal or better with a lightsaber and just as/more powerful than he is (just focused on sorcery).

Astor Ebligis
erm

Nephthys
B-Better?

NewGuy01
Zannah is a very skilled duelist, with a high level of technical Soresu mastery that rivals greats like Luminara Unduli, and perhaps even approaches Obi-Wan's. The problem with her technique is that unlike Kenobi, who maintains mastery of Shii-Cho and Ataru, her offensive is not very effective, and is limited to the few offensive maneuvers of Soresu. So she uses the Force as her primary offensive weapon, majoring largely in Mind Shards and Force Insanity to quickly incapacitate opponents hike she deals the killing blow. The problem with this strategy is that in order to incorporate these powers, she needs to attain some sort distance and time to concentrate, which some opponents will not allow her to do. The second weakness is that this isn't an invincible strategy, as she needed to attain continuous concentration to keep Bane subdued, and was unable to move for the killing strike before he resisted it. She has other abilities if course, such as Telekinesis and Lightning, as well as Dark Side Tendrils, but the former two are somewhat underdeveloped and the latter takes more time than she almost will ever be allotted to summon.

Nonetheless, her abilities are still highly advanced, and I would definitely give her the edge against an opponent like Darth Malak, even if her flaws are truly exposed against higher level individuals.

DarthAnt66
@neph Like a tier below. You overrate her so much it's laughable.
Malak is more bigger then Sarro, what are you talking about? Look at the size difference between him and Calo. He's massive. In terms
Of strength, I am regarding to him demonstrating mastery of Juyo with a single hand, a very physically demanding form, especially with just a hand.
Her best feat is being pushed back by a DOE Bane. She's not on revans level.

Astor Ebligis
Sarro actually has the far superior accolades when it comes to lightsaber ability between him and Malak, and this was a BM'd Sarro, and a Zannah ten years from her best incarnation to date.

So you don't really have an argument.

Astor Ebligis
B-Better?

Come on bro she's nowhere near Exar Kun's level in lightsaber combat.

DarthAnt66
Malak is a much better duelist then Sarro if Drew says he's around-better then Revan. -.- you don't have an argument.

Nephthys
Nah. BM Sarro > Revan. estahuh

@neph Like a tier below. You overrate her so much it's laughable.
Malak is more bigger then Sarro, what are you talking about? Look at the size difference between him and Calo. He's massive. In terms
Of strength, I am regarding to him demonstrating mastery of Juyo with a single hand, a very physically demanding form, especially with just a hand.
Her best feat is being pushed back by a DOE Bane. She's not on revans level.

Malak is 2 meters tall. Sarro is over 2 meters tall and is noted to be heavily muscled even for his size.

Doing one-hand Juyo isn't a strength feat either. Try again.

Being able to contend with Banes strength and speed is enough to put her above Malak.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Zannah is a very skilled duelist, with a high level of technical Soresu mastery that rivals greats like Luminara Unduli, and perhaps even approaches Obi-Wan's. The problem with her technique is that unlike Kenobi, who maintains mastery of Shii-Cho and Ataru, her offensive is not very effective, and is limited to the few offensive maneuvers of Soresu. So she uses the Force as her primary offensive weapon, majoring largely in Mind Shards and Force Insanity to quickly incapacitate opponents hike she deals the killing blow. The problem with this strategy is that in order to incorporate these powers, she needs to attain some sort distance and time to concentrate, which some opponents will not allow her to do. The second weakness is that this isn't an invincible strategy, as she needed to attain continuous concentration to keep Bane subdued, and was unable to move for the killing strike before he resisted it. She has other abilities if course, such as Telekinesis and Lightning, as well as Dark Side Tendrils, but the former two are somewhat underdeveloped and the latter takes more time than she almost will ever be allotted to summon.

Nonetheless, her abilities are still highly advanced, and I would definitely give her the edge against an opponent like Darth Malak, even if her flaws are truly exposed against higher level individuals.

Zannah also possesses all of Freedon Nadd's knowledge, from his holocron. So she can likely perform any of the techniques he can, which is a considerable amount.

Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Come on bro she's nowhere near Exar Kun's level in lightsaber combat.

Kun has no real speed feats, at least none that would let him compete with Bane like Zannah did.

DarthAnt66
Malak is over 2 meters, and is more muscular then Sarros one pic of him.

Yes it is.

No it doesn't.

Nephthys
No, Malak is 2 meters tall. (this is a backup copy of Malak's profile in the databank). Zannah points out that Sarro is taller and even more heavily muscled than BANE. He's stronger than Malak.

Oh wow, he can WIELD A LIGHTSABER???? F8cking swole as shit!

Malak can't break through her defense. He's not fast or strong enough. Meanwhile she's fast enough to counter attack and tag him.

Astor Ebligis
Kun has no real speed feats, at least none that would let him compete with Bane like Zannah did.

I think that's a slightly unfair way of assessing things, given the medium that Kun primarily appears in not being the best one to guage speed feats. To a certain extent, speed is implied from power, and Exar Kun is imo slightly more powerful than either Bane or Zannah.

Also for the record you can be heavily outmatched by your opponent in speed and still defend their attacks. Technique makes up the difference.

And more importantly, Exar Kun is basically somewhat of a genius when it comes to saber combat, given that he invented his own form, which was stated to be superior to the existing lightsaber forms. That indicates not only a very high level of creativity and understanding of swordplay, but it's a massive advantage he brings into any saber fight with him (both the effectiveness of the form, and the lack of familiarity his opponents would have with it, considering the form was stated to have died with him). Even without the advantages of that form he stalemated Ulic in saber combat (albeit an injured Ulic, but still).

Exar Kun is one of a very select few in the mythos who is both incredibly powerful in the Force and an extremely high level lightsaber technician. Zannah is not on that level.

Astor Ebligis
Malak is a much better duelist then Sarro if Drew says he's around-better then Revan. -.- you don't have an argument.

1. Revan is practically an unknown when it comes to saber ability. Sarro > Revan as well in pure lightsaber ability based on what we can go on.

2. Where does Drew say this and in what manner?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
I think that's a slightly unfair way of assessing things, given the medium that Kun primarily appears in not being the best one to guage speed feats. To a certain extent, speed is implied from power, and Exar Kun is imo slightly more powerful than either Bane or Zannah.

Also for the record you can be heavily outmatched by your opponent in speed and still defend their attacks. Technique makes up the difference.

And more importantly, Exar Kun is basically somewhat of a genius when it comes to saber combat, given that he invented his own form, which was stated to be superior to the existing lightsaber forms. That indicates not only a very high level of creativity and understanding of swordplay, but it's a massive advantage he brings into any saber fight with him (both the effectiveness of the form, and the lack of familiarity his opponents would have with it, considering the form was stated to have died with him). Even without the advantages of that form he stalemated Ulic in saber combat (albeit an injured Ulic, but still).

Exar Kun is one of a very select few in the mythos who is both incredibly powerful in the Force and an extremely high level lightsaber technician. Zannah is not on that level.

It is unfair, yeah. Unfortunately its not something we can get past without assumptions.

I couldn't disagree more. The only way superior technique can make up the difference is in a Bane v Kas'im situation. Which isn't applicable to Zannah v Kun since Zannah's defensive technique won't be affected by an unfamiliarity of Kun's form. In all other cases superior speed beats technique. Especially heavily superior speed. There would be no way for the person to make up the difference with technique because the faster opponent would be all over him and getting around his guard easily. Technique is only useful if you can actually engage your opponents blade.

Sure, Kun is more technically adept than Zannah is and is an overall superior swordsman. Its just that I don't see that allowing him to get around Zannah's defense. Not strong enough, not fast enough and his technical advantage isn't THAT overwhelming.

Astor Ebligis
"To a certain extent, speed is implied from power, and Exar Kun is imo slightly more powerful than either Bane or Zannah." It's just not the best measure of comparing characters.

Nope. Lack of familiarity plays into defense as well, considering it keeps your opponent guessing, can have the effect of overloading their precog with options, and can make it harder to know how to properly counter. Obviously at a certain point, a difference in speed can be the be all end all, but we're hardly dealing with such a discrepancy in this case. You simply don't have to be as fast as your opponent to defend against them, for a number of reasons. 1. To defend against an attack, you for all intents and purposes only have to cover distance across two axis, whereas the attacker has to cover that same distance past where your opponent is defending, but then more in the form of the distance between you. 2. Attacker can only attack with the location of his weapon, defender can defend with the location of his weapon but also the location of his body. 3. Technique and strength play a big part in swordplay as well.

Exar Kun is immensely powerful, has a truly incredible understanding of swordplay, wields a superior form, and one that Zannah would have no familiarity with. At least two major advantages over her that Bane didn't have. An unfamiliar style can be a game changer in the hands of anyone, let alone someone as powerful and technically proficient as Exar Kun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.