Are you a Dark Sider or a Light Sider?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
To be clear, this does not pertain to Jedi or Sith, just whether or not you a Dark Sider or a Light Sider.

--------------------------------------------

I'm a Light Sider due to my good morals, literally while playing TOR, I'll always do the Light Side choices and feel guilty if I do a Dark Side choice.

Lord Lucien
So is this what we would be in real life, or what we are in video-games? Cuz I'll slaughter a town in a game if it means I can buy up all the real estate. Can't say I'm as inclined IRL.

Darth Abonis
I would be light side then after getting so angry from mistreatment from others, I'd turn to the dark side eventually

Galan007
Darksider.

F*ck the abstinence that comes with the light side. thumb down

WildBantha88
Im a dark sider. I do not have patience for people, I would learn the ways of the force and then be like "Duces im out, bout to rob some convenient store with the jedi mind trick."

Ace Hambone
I like to think I lean toward the Light, but both Light and the Dark live in all of us and I think you need at least a little of both. The trick, I suppose, is finding the correct balance. (I don't care what GL thinks balance is!)

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
So is this what we would be in real life, or what we are in video-games? Cuz I'll slaughter a town in a game if it means I can buy up all the real estate. Can't say I'm as inclined IRL. Either or...

PTforthewin
A clone

Emperordmb
I'd go dark side. Passion and power are two things that enthrall me.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by PTforthewin
A clone

No. .-.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd go dark side. Passion and power are two things that enthrall me. because your a sociopath

WildBantha88
because your a sociopath And your annoying as hell

Tzeentch
Embracing the dark side pretty much always leads to either a horrible death or redemption followed by a horrible death.

So... light side.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Embracing the dark side pretty much always leads to either a horrible death or redemption followed by a horrible death.

So... light side.

And the lightside ends up being the victims of mass murder or genocide.....pick your poison

Tzeentch
Do they?

Pretty sure lightside Republics/Empires tend to go hundreds to thousands of years before getting shit on by darksiders.

At which point darksiders get a decade or two of relative dominance before the lightside takes over again.

Emperordmb
because your a sociopath
Emotion is what gives life meaning. Passion is intense emotion and is something I view as worth living your life for.

Power is the ability to control and change things, and let's be honest here don't the majority of people want control? Whether it be political influence, the ability to shoot ****ing lightning out of my hands, or just control of a simple situation, power is something that I view as worth seeking.

A sociopath is a person with no moral conscience who lacks all empathy for others. Me wanting to embrace my passions and seek power in my life suggests nothing about me not having a conscience or empathy for others.

Maybe you should think a little bit more before you start posting insults that lack any validity, because if you post insults like that, you are nothing more than a troll and a sad sack of shit...

King Joker
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Do they?

Pretty sure lightside Republics/Empires tend to go hundreds to thousands of years before getting shit on by darksiders.

At which point darksiders get a decade or two of relative dominance before the lightside takes over again.
Exactly. Darksiders never have a fulfilling life, and their lives lack quality and quantity in most cases. Lightside all the way!

Jmanghan
Originally posted by King Joker
Exactly. Darksiders never have a fulfilling life, and their lives lack quality and quantity in most cases. Lightside all the way!

Plus, Darksiders are always in danger of being killed by other darksiders and Jedi, at least Jedi while be remembered gratefully when they die.

King Joker
Indeed. They're also ugly as ****.

PTforthewin
Lightside because the good guys always win

carthage
Darkside unquestionably.

The only reason the Sith get shit on so much is due to bad writing and cliche bullshit from SW writers. The good must always triumph bullshit is really annoying to me.

Fated Xtasy
"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single idea." in my opinion to be solely evil or light is a weakness, despite the sith's vaunted freedom of restrictions they themselves are as limited as the jedi, as they see the light-side as a weakening thing when in fact neither is stronger than the other, both are different routes to the same location, when coupled together - when joined, can become a powerful thing. that said, we all have our evil and good, but we must find balance between the two things.

Ace Hambone

I'm no expert on the EU and I admit I might be wrong, but my understanding is the Sith went merrily about their way for generations doing their thing and contributing to the grand plan to overthrow the Jedi. It would seem that many generations did live fulfilling lives, studying what they liked and trying to perfect their powers. True, the master was going to eventually fried by his or her apprentice, but they expected that when they signed up.

King Joker
Really it's never fulfilled. They just crave more and more power, they are never satisfied.

Emperordmb
Really it's never fulfilled. They just crave more and more power, they are never satisfied.
And Jedi dream of peace and that's not exactly satisfied either.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by carthage
Darkside unquestionably.

The only reason the Sith get shit on so much is due to bad writing and cliche bullshit from SW writers. The good must always triumph bullshit is really annoying to me. bad writing? The ****? Like you can do any better

PTforthewin
And Jedi dream of peace and that's not exactly satisfied either. it was for a thousand years

King Joker
And Jedi dream of peace and that's not exactly satisfied either. They had peace for a long time, actually. They are far more satisfied than the Sith are on a daily basis.

Jmanghan
Wanna know why Lightsiders almost always win?

They are better strategists, they are calm, cool, and collected. The sith are always pissed off and trigger-happy. They need to calm down. They need plans for once. Look at the rebels! They made attack plans every time! But we never once see the empire making any real plans to defend.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Wanna know why Lightsiders almost always win?

They are better strategists, they are calm, cool, and collected. The sith are always pissed off and trigger-happy. They need to calm down. They need plans for once. Look at the rebels! They made attack plans every time! But we never once see the empire making any real plans to defend. the empire was winning until endor

Jmanghan
the empire was winning until endor

If you can call getting your space staton blown up several times "winning".

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
If you can call getting your space staton blown up several times "winning".
Yeah the Empire was clearly on top until Sidious's death. If Vader hadn't killed him, the Empire would've stayed in power at least until the arrival of Abeloth.

Emperordmb
it was for a thousand years
You mean the thousand years of stagnancy and a false sense of security in which the Sith were preparing to wipe out their order?

FreshestSlice
Yeah the Empire was clearly on top until Sidious's death. If Vader hadn't killed him, the Empire would've stayed in power at least until the arrival of Abeloth.
Only because the Alliance didn't have enough ewok brigades.

King Joker
You mean the thousand years of stagnancy and a false sense of security in which the Sith were preparing to wipe out their order? It was peace nonetheless. And the thousands of years of planning (assuming we're referring to the same thing) resulted in only a 20 year rule. And then they were overthrown again.

PTforthewin
You mean the thousand years of stagnancy and a false sense of security in which the Sith were preparing to wipe out their order? they didn't succeed that much, there empire basically lasted only 24 years. And luke reestablishing the jedi order. And like 34 jedi where still alive even after the purge

Emperordmb
they didn't succeed that much, there empire basically lasted only 24 years. And luke reestablishing the jedi order. And like 34 jedi where still alive even after the purge
34 Jedi out of 10000 Jedi surviving is actual quite effective for the Sith.

PTforthewin
34 Jedi out of 10000 Jedi surviving is actual quite effective for the Sith. there is no confirmed number of total jedi so 10,000 isn't confirmed

Emperordmb
there is no confirmed number of total jedi so 10,000 isn't confirmed
Yes there is. There were 10000 Jedi in the Clone wars era.

With these numbers, the Sith have a 99.66% success rate in killing the Jedi.

King Joker
The Sith merely planned it, the clones carried it out.

Emperordmb
More like the clones d
The clones were part of the Sith Grand Plan.

WildBantha88
They had peace for a long time, actually. They are far more satisfied than the Sith are on a daily basis.

I think Darth Malgus was satisfied when he was slaughtering the jedi in there own home. I think Darth Sidious was satisfied when he finally got to say," Execute order 66"

King Joker
But the clones carried it out, so that statistic should be attributed to the clones' effectiveness against the Jedi.

King Joker
Originally posted by WildBantha88
I think Darth Malgus was satisfied when he was slaughtering the jedi in there own home. I think Darth Sidious was satisfied when he finally got to say," Execute order 66" They're never satisfied, they're greedy and they want more and more power. They might've been satisfied for that certain amount of time, but they'll just end up craving more.

Nephthys
Originally posted by WildBantha88
I think Darth Malgus was satisfied when he was slaughtering the jedi in there own home. I think Darth Sidious was satisfied when he finally got to say," Execute order 66"

And then he murdered his wife a few days later because DARK SIDE!

Emperordmb
And the Jedi crave the end of all conflict in the Galaxy, but that's not realistically possible.

Give me passion over complacency any day of the week.

Lord Lucien
Indeed. They're also ugly as ****. This is all the reason I need not to join the Darkies. My vanity will keep me angelic.

Emperordmb
This is all the reason I need not to join the Darkies. My vanity will keep me angelic.
According to Nyriss there is a way to prevent it. Vanity is also not really associated with the light.

Lord Lucien
That was the joke.

Nephthys
According to Nyriss there is a way to prevent it.

Hide it more like.

Fake:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111123163139/swtor/images/e/e9/Zash.png

Real:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120707113801/swtor/images/1/1e/Old_Zash.png

GILF alert.

Lord Lucien
Oh my God... who is that?

Emperordmb
Darth Zash

Tzeentch
Chick on the bottom would get it.

PTforthewin
The clones were part of the Sith Grand Plan. darth bane never planed the clones use

Lord Lucien
I've long thought of the Dark Side as a form of insanity. You get all tEh POWERZ!, but you also become consumed with hate and rage and paranoia.

All the Force Lightning in the world wouldn't make that existence worthwhile. Plus the unimaginable ugliness...

PTforthewin
**** you, I can't sleep tonight because of the damn pic. I had nightmares after playing sith inquisitor and got to that level

Emperordmb
darth bane never planed the clones use
Bane was not the only creator of the Grand Plan. It was a collaborative effort between all the Banite Sith.

Emperordmb
I've long thought of the Dark Side as a form of insanity. You get all tEh POWERZ!, but you also become consumed with hate and rage and paranoia.

All the Force Lightning in the world wouldn't make that existence worthwhile. Plus the unimaginable ugliness...
I always associated insanity more with the Chaos aspect of the force.

wjb61274
I'm gonna go with the light side, because any coward can allow himself to contribute to the inherent evil in the universe, it takes a person of character to be a flicker of light in a dark void.

NTJack0
Both?

Sinious
Darkside. Both sides try to free them selves from the limiting imperfection of existence in a way. They become nothing at the end and return to the force again. Darkside's path seems better to me. Less obedient to the force at least.

Darth _Sadow1
My name is Darth Sadow. What do you think?

PTforthewin
DARTH SLENDERMAN!

NewGuy01
LOL

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Darth _Sadow1
My name is Darth Sadow. What do you think?

Even on Youtube, surprisingly.

Anyway, my guess is Lightsider. thumb up

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by NewGuy01

My name is Darth Sadow most places. Except for League of Legends where someone stole my name...By the way, Sadow is an OC Character that I created and his mask looks similar to my profile pic here. And I would assume blue considering your profile pic unless you threw a real curve ball and went with a *gasp* RED lightsaber!

PTforthewin
Why do you play LoL it sucks

Darth _Sadow1
Why do you play LoL it sucks
I don't. I hate it too. But whenever I type in Darth Sadow out of curiosity, a summoner from LOL comes up...I hate League, trust me...

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Wow...I completely misread that as "guess my LightSABER (color)
instead of "my guess is LightSIDER" massive facepalm toward myself

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Darth _Sadow1
Wow...I completely misread that as "guess my LightSABER (color)
instead of "my guess is LightSIDER" massive facepalm toward myself

You also missed my hint in the first half of the post. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.