Is Galen Marek actually stronger then Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I've been thinking about this, and despite all the hype, and even though Marek defeated him, is he TRULY stronger then Vader?

Lord Stark
Uh...yes

PTforthewin
He has a greater force potential then sidious so yes he is stronger then POST ROTS vader, plus there is no hype about marek, when TFU came out he was overrated now he is a vastly underrated character

FreshestSlice
Vader has to many limitations on him to beat Marek, simple as that. His Force Potential is limited due to the way he taught by Palpatine, and he's less agile than he was before.

Or Marek no longer exists so no. Whichever answer you like better.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Uh...yes Vader is 80% of Sidious power, which means Galen Marek is at least 81% of Sidious Power.

PTforthewin
All EU characters still exist just they are in legends universe

WildBantha88
Originally posted by PTforthewin
He has a greater force potential then sidious so yes he is stronger then POST ROTS vader, plus there is no hype about marek, when TFU came out he was overrated now he is a vastly underrated character

Potential means nothing... Achievement is all that matters

Jmanghan

No, he does not have higher force potential then Sidious, I don't think you quite understand the magnitude of Sidious' power, someone bring in the Force Storm scan, please?

NewGuy01
No, he's not. Galen is an equal to Vader as of The Force Unleashed and Vader had become a "far more formidable" duelist since then, and he himself noted that he had grown more powerful as well.

Lord Lucien
Potential =/= capability. Anakin had the potential to be above them all, but it was never realised. He only achieved so much. Marek achieved further, and Palpatine further still. But he was old, so he had time to do so.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Jmanghan
No, he does not have higher force potential then Sidious, I don't think you quite understand the magnitude of Sidious' power, someone bring in the Force Storm scan, please?

Sidious says that Galen can become greater than him.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nephthys

Hyperbole? o-o

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Potential =/= capability. Anakin had the potential to be above them all, but it was never realised. He only achieved so much. Marek achieved further, and Palpatine further still. But he was old, so he had time to do so.
I don't know about that. TFUII only has Marek defeat Vader due to the storms on Komino. Not his own potential. Not saying that he would lose without it, just that he didn't beat Vader on his own.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I don't know about that. TFUII only has Marek defeat Vader due to the storms on Komino. Not his own potential. Not saying that he would lose without it, just that he didn't beat Vader on his own. We don't talk about that game. It never happened.

NTJack0
Does it matter? Stukiller, doesn't exist as far as I care.

Lord Stark

I always thought he said his potential was equal.

FreshestSlice
We don't talk about that game. It never happened.
Oh right, I'm sorry.

Emperordmb
Yes and No.

Yes Starkiller was more powerful than Vader while he was alive.
TFU I Starkiller beat TFU I Vader, and TFU II Starkiller barely managed to beat TFU II Vader but still beat him nonetheless.

No Starkiller was not stronger than Vader at his ROTJ peak. Vader's difference in performance from TFU I to TFU II already shows his rate of improvement.

Q99
Mind, Galen's success was indicated to be partially due to style familiarity and similar factors. If he had entered without said knowledge, he'd lose.

Just like how Kenobi beat RotS Vader without being stronger than him.

I think Vader's stronger, but not by much.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yes and No.

TFU I Starkiller beat TFU I Vader, and TFU II Starkiller barely managed to beat TFU II Vader but still beat him nonetheless.

No Starkiller was not stronger than Vader at his ROTJ peak. Vader's difference in performance from TFU I to TFU II already shows his rate of improvement. I don't believe starkiller from TFU 2 is a clone how could be? Look at all the other clones they are all aberrant how is it possible for a clone to be full grown and still sane in 6 months? The dark apprentice was obviously a clone, Galen still had all his memories

FreshestSlice
Yes and No.

No Starkiller was not stronger than Vader at his ROTJ peak. Vader's difference in performance from TFU I to TFU II already shows his rate of improvement.
If it weren't always raining there, I think the battle would have gone a little differently.

Emperordmb
I don't believe starkiller from TFU 2 is a clone how could be? Look at all the other clones they are all aberrant how is it possible for a clone to be full grown and still sane in 6 months? The dark apprentice was obviously a clone, Galen still had all his memories
Point out anywhere at all in my post where I said anything about him being a clone.

In any case, whether or not he is a clone or the original is irrelevant to the point I was making.

Emperordmb
If it weren't always raining there, I think the battle would have gone a little differently.
In who's favor?

FreshestSlice
In who's favor?
Honestly I don't know. Vader is shown to overpower Starkiller with TK, and Starkiller distracts him with lightning rods. I'm inclined to lean Vader. if only slightly, having the edge here, as Starkiller hasn't had much opportunity to grow.

Lord Stark
Galen Marek>ROTJ Vader>Starkiller>TFU Vader

NewGuy01
RotJ Vader >/= ESB Vader

ESB Vader > ANH Vader

ANH Vader >/= TFU 2 Vader

TFU 2 Vader > Starkiller

Starkiller >/= Galen Marek

TFU 1 Vader = Galen Marek

RotJ Vader >>>>> Galen Marek

smile

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Galen Marek>ROTJ Vader>Starkiller>TFU Vader why is everyone saying he's a clone

PTforthewin
Galen Marek IS starkiller

FreshestSlice
Galen Marek IS starkiller
The Dark Apprentice is canon, just so you know. The Starkiller in TFU II is probably a clone.

PTforthewin
The Dark Apprentice is canon, just so you know. The Starkiller in TFU II is probably a clone. he most likely isnt, look at all the other clones there all unstable and insane and the starkiller in tfu 2 is comepletely sane and has memories and isn't emotionless like the dark apprentice. In the darkside ending the dark apprentice has literally no feelings for Juno or any of the rebels while the tfu 2 starkiller did

FreshestSlice
he most likely isnt, look at all the other clones there all unstable and insane and the starkiller in tfu 2 is comepletely sane and has memories and isn't emotionless like the dark apprentice. In the darkside ending the dark apprentice has literally no feelings for Juno or any of the rebels while the tfu 2 starkiller did
1. You can be psychologically trained that way. The two clones had different upbringings and designs.
2. No, Dark Apprentice is canon. The ending isn't, but the Clone definitely exists as a person as much as anything else from TFU.

NewGuy01
Either way, Vader is stronger than Galen Marek.

Yes, Vader was defeated by Galen Marek in the original Force Unleashed novel. However, in the heat of the battle itself neither gained any sort of significant advantage, the novel even pointed out that they faced one another as equals. Marek gained the edge by baiting Vader with a tactic reminiscent of Dun Moch, and pouncing when Vader's anger made him misstep.

However, in the Force Unleashed 2, the case was not the same. Yes, similarly to the first battle, Starkiller and Vader had fought to something of a stalemate. There is a difference, though, and that difference is that the clone of Starkiller has more impressive feats than the original in the first place, thus Vader likely had improved between the two works.

Then we come to the original trilogy. While it may have been arguable before that Vader had improved between the two Force Unleashed games, it is not arguable that he improved significantly over the course of the OT. In Empire Strikes Back, the Fightsaber articles suggest that he had trained relentlessly since ANH, and thus had become a far more formidable opponent. In Return of the Jedi, Vader muses that he was currently more powerful than he had ever been, supporting his consistent improvement.

In the end, RotJ Vader is superior to Vader as he appeared in the Force Unleashed series, where he was depicted as Galen Marek's equal. /thread

PTforthewin
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Either way, Vader is stronger than Galen Marek.

Yes, Vader was defeated by Galen Marek in the original Force Unleashed novel. However, in the heat of the battle itself neither gained any sort of significant advantage, the novel even pointed out that they faced one another as equals. Marek gained the edge by baiting Vader with a tactic reminiscent of Dun Moch, and pouncing when Vader's anger made him misstep.

However, in the Force Unleashed 2, the case was not the same. Yes, similarly to the first battle, Starkiller and Vader had fought to something of a stalemate. There is a difference, though, and that difference is that the clone of Starkiller has more impressive feats than the original in the first place, thus Vader likely had improved between the two works.

Then we come to the original trilogy. While it may have been arguable before that Vader had improved between the two Force Unleashed games, it is not arguable that he improved significantly over the course of the OT. In Empire Strikes Back, the Fightsaber articles suggest that he had trained relentlessly since ANH, and thus had become a far more formidable opponent. In Return of the Jedi, Vader muses that he was currently more powerful than he had ever been, supporting his consistent improvement.

In the end, RotJ Vader is superior to Vader as he appeared in the Force Unleashed series, where he was depicted as Galen Marek's equal. /thread **** the damn novel the scene where you press the different buttons to do the finisher move whatever is canon

FreshestSlice
**** the damn novel the scene where you press the different buttons to do the finisher move whatever is canon
They both have the same level of canon-ness, C-canon. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Lord Lucien
He never has.

Sinious

When does he say that again?

Lord Lucien
Probably in the book. And in the non-canon Dark Side ending.

Sinious
Probably in the book. And in the non-canon Dark Side ending.
He says that they could have been equals in the dark side ending which is obviously a lie anyway. Haven't read the novel though.

Emperordmb
After watching the end of TGU II, it seems to me that Vader might even be Starkiller's superior as of TFU II. Wasn't he trying to capture him and not kill him? Cause I saw him pass up an obvious opportunity to easily kill him.

NewGuy01
In the novel they seemed to be fighting even more evenly than in the first, however Starkiller notes that the best he can hope for is a stalemate in direct combat.

Darth _Sadow1
I don't think that he is stronger than Vader. I think that he is in a game where he is the star and has to win by spamming force powers on steroids. I truly think that if Marek was not plot protected and Vader took him seriously in TUF I, Starkiller would not have made it to Sidious. In TFU II, they were fighting in a thunderstorm, and it took a ridiculous amount of Lightning to bring down Vader...So no, Starkiller is not above Vader.

PTforthewin
He was winning in sabers against vader

Darth _Sadow1
He was winning in sabers against vader
Because starkiller is the main character....

Lord Lucien
Marek was genuinely stronger than Vader. The novel confirms it.

FreshestSlice
He had more Force potential, the novel says. But as I recall, Vader was stomping him in sabers. Either way, Vader's natural learning curve pretty much removed even this advantage my TFU II.

Lord Lucien
Better swordsman =/= more powerful. Palpatine was an inferior swordsman to Yoda, not so in power. Marek was more powerful in the Force, which is what won him the battle, Vader's skill with a blade be damned.

FreshestSlice
My bad. I thought you were responding to the comment above.

Still that also became inconsequential. The clone is supposed to be stronger than Marek, but he still couldn't defeat Vader on his own.

Nephthys
He had more Force potential, the novel says. But as I recall, Vader was stomping him in sabers.

In TFU I? Nope.

Darth _Sadow1
In TFU I? Nope.
In the novel he was. The fight in the novels was much closer than the game was. Starkiller even notes how terrifying Vader is with a saber.

Kalen Sykes
True, he does say how surprised he is by the combination of speed and power Vader has. After he centers himself, though, the fight goes differently. On page 309 of the novel, it shows them attacking each other with sabers, and Galen comes out on top. I took a picture of it, as well, and I'll try to upload it.

Dr. Matthew
Anakin in his old body could wreck his ass. lol

Kalen Sykes
In sabers, sure he'd win pretty comfortably, but in the Force? Marek was more powerful in the Force than Vader, and I would put Vader above ROTS Anakin in that regard. Vader may not have Anakin's potential anymore, but he was still 80% of Palpatine and, by this time, had spent that last 17 years honing and refining his abilities.

FreshestSlice
You would put Marek over Luke Skywalker? Because since Anakin and Luke are about the same person powerwise, that's what you're implying. I doubt Marek is more powerful in the Force than Vader. Either way, even if Vader is "80 % of Palpatine" the reason never set well with me. I think a lot of things like that don't mesh well with the EU.

Kalen Sykes
You would put Marek over Luke Skywalker? Because since Anakin and Luke are about the same person powerwise, that's what you're implying. I doubt Marek is more powerful in the Force than Vader. Either way, even if Vader is "80 % of Palpatine" the reason never set well with me. I think a lot of things like that don't mesh well with the EU.

I'm not implying that at all. Luke has the same potential (or pretty darn close) as Anakin, but his abilities put him over Anakin, seeing as how Luke has had more time to train and refine his craft. Darth Vader, even by TFU, is more powerful in the Force than ROTS Anakin. Anakin had more potential, but he never achieved it. As far as sabers go, I believe Anakin could win, but Marek legitimately defeated Vader in sabers, so it wouldn't be a stomp.

PTforthewin
Galen is a tier below the most powerful MORTAL force sensitives Luke and Anakin skywalker.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Galen is quite a few tiers below (Prime) Luke in terms of combative skill.

Kalen Sykes
Except Galen isn't a tier below Anakin, per ROTS. Vader, by TFU, was more powerful than Anakin, and Galen was more powerful than Vader. Anakin could win with a blade, but it wouldn't be a stomp. THat's all I'm trying to say. I'm not discounting Anakin, but remember, he never reached his potential.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Vader by TFU really wasn't as strong as Anakin...

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
I'm not implying that at all. Luke has the same potential (or pretty darn close) as Anakin, but his abilities put him over Anakin, seeing as how Luke has had more time to train and refine his craft. Darth Vader, even by TFU, is more powerful in the Force than ROTS Anakin. Anakin had more potential, but he never achieved it. As far as sabers go, I believe Anakin could win, but Marek legitimately defeated Vader in sabers, so it wouldn't be a stomp.
Again, none of that "potential" makes any sense in the grand scheme of the EU, but even if it did, saying that Vader is weaker because of losing limbs I mean, none of that suggests Starkiller is better than Vader because we haven't seen peak Starkiller to make such statements. If we are using TFUII as a basis, Vader's learning curve is much better than the clone's. Potential doesn't mean anything in this, either way.
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Vader by TFU really wasn't as strong as Anakin...
This too.

Kalen Sykes
Again, none of that "potential" makes any sense in the grand scheme of the EU, but even if it did, saying that Vader is weaker because of losing limbs I mean, none of that suggests Starkiller is better than Vader because we haven't seen peak Starkiller to make such statements. If we are using TFUII as a basis, Vader's learning curve is much better than the clone's. Potential doesn't mean anything in this, either way.

This too.

How does it not make any sense? Vader is weaker, potentially, as he is 80% of Palpatine, where as Anakin could've become 200% of Palpatine. The TFU novel shows Marek is more powerful than Vader, and he legitimately defeated him in sabers. As this is Galen Marek and not Starkiller, TFUII shouldn't really come into play, unless the OP was asking if Marek could beat TFUII Vader.

FreshestSlice
Because having less body parts shouldn't stop you from reaching any potential, the reason we're given in game. Anyone, I spoke on potential because those were the words I saw. I see nothing that shows Galen had more potential than anyone, not even his clone.

Kalen Sykes
Because having less body parts shouldn't stop you from reaching any potential, the reason we're given in game. Anyone, I spoke on potential because those were the words I saw. I see nothing that shows Galen had more potential than anyone, not even his clone.

Where did I say Galen had more potential than his clone, Vader, or anyone? What I said was he legitimately defeated Vader in the TFU novel, which he did.

FreshestSlice
Where did I say Galen had more potential than his clone, Vader, or anyone? What I said was he legitimately defeated Vader in the TFU novel, which he did.
And I thought the reasoning you gave was because Vader is only 80% Sidious.

Kalen Sykes
In sabers, sure he'd win pretty comfortably, but in the Force? Marek was more powerful in the Force than Vader, and I would put Vader above ROTS Anakin in that regard. Vader may not have Anakin's potential anymore, but he was still 80% of Palpatine and, by this time, had spent that last 17 years honing and refining his abilities.

This is what I said. I was referring to Vader and Anakin. I would put Vader above ROTS Anakin in Force power, even after his injuries on Mustafar. If we're going to use Vader's learning curve between TFU and TFUII (6 months), then it stands to reason got exponentially more powerful from ROTS to TFU. That's not a knock against Anakin. He was a beast.

Emperordmb
How does it not make any sense? Vader is weaker, potentially, as he is 80% of Palpatine, where as Anakin could've become 200% of Palpatine. The TFU novel shows Marek is more powerful than Vader, and he legitimately defeated him in sabers. As this is Galen Marek and not Starkiller, TFUII shouldn't really come into play, unless the OP was asking if Marek could beat TFUII Vader.
Vader at his peak was 80% of Sidious's power. TFU and TFU II are still a ways away from his peak.

FreshestSlice
This is what I said. I was referring to Vader and Anakin. I would put Vader above ROTS Anakin in Force power, even after his injuries on Mustafar. If we're going to use Vader's learning curve between TFU and TFUII (6 months), then it stands to reason got exponentially more powerful from ROTS to TFU. That's not a knock against Anakin. He was a beast.
Vader has to adapt from being a cripple to reaching the same strength he had before. If Vader in TFU fought Vader in RotS he would die. Where as Vader in TFU II is shamed by the defeat at the hands of his former apprentice and trains more. Vader does a similar thing after ANH.

Kalen Sykes
TFU was 2 years before Yavin, so while he may not be at his peak, he was hardly a ways away. This also the same Vader who took on 5 Jedi the same year as Mustufar, and spent the last 17 years hunting down Jedi. This isn't a knock against Skywalker. I think Anakin has better saber skills, but Vader's power in the Force was greater by TFU.

PTforthewin
Vader has to adapt from being a cripple to reaching the same strength he had before. If Vader in TFU fought Vader in RotS he would die. Where as Vader in TFU II is shamed by the defeat at the hands of his former apprentice and trains more. Vader does a similar thing after ANH. I wonder what happened to starkiller after the battle of kamino, he either was on alderaan when the empire blew it up with the Death Star, or left the alliance and became a bounty hunter or ran away some where with Juno.

Emperordmb
TFU was 2 years before Yavin, so while he may not be at his peak, he was hardly a ways away. This also the same Vader who took on 5 Jedi the same year as Mustufar, and spent the last 17 years hunting down Jedi. This isn't a knock against Skywalker. I think Anakin has better saber skills, but Vader's power in the Force was greater by TFU.
Vader was noted to have improved immensely between ANH and ESB, so ANH was hardly his peak either.

Kalen Sykes
Vader was noted to have improved immensely between ANH and ESB, so ANH was hardly his peak either.

So Vader spent 17 years learning from Palpatine, hunting down and fighting Jedi, but didn't improve his abilities in the Force by TFU?

Emperordmb
So Vader spent 17 years hunting down and fighting Jedi, but didn't improve his abilities in the Force by TFU?
After fighting someone closer to his level, ie. Marek and Starkiller, and after Sidious trying to replace him, it's likely that he stepped it up a notch and did some really hardcore training.

Kalen Sykes
After fighting someone closer to his level, ie. Marek and Starkiller, and after Sidious trying to replace him, it's likely that he stepped it up a notch and did some really hardcore training.

You make some really good points, and I agree he kicked into overdrive after TFU. It still begs the question: do you believe Vader was weaker in the Force (power, not potential) by TFU than he was as Anakin per ROTS? I'm enjoying this debate.

Emperordmb
You make some really good points, and I agree he kicked into overdrive after TFU. It still begs the question: do you believe Vader was weaker in the Force (power, not potential) by TFU than he was as Anakin per ROTS? I'm enjoying this debate.
I'd say ROTJ Vader>ESB Vader>ROTS Anakin/Vader>ANH Vader>TFU II Vader=TFU II Starkiller>TFU I Starkiller>TFU Vader

Kalen Sykes
I'd say ROTJ Vader>ESB Vader>ROTS Anakin/Vader>ANH Vader>TFU II Vader=TFU II Starkiller>TFU I Starkiller>TFU Vader

Hmm, I guess it's possible I had it all mixed up. You do seem to know your stuff. I don't know if I'd put Anakin that high, though. Are you talking sabers, Force, or everything? TFUII Starkiller survived planetary reentry by enveloping himself in the Force, and TFU Starkiller was throwing around ATSTs and ATATs, if I'm not mistaken.

Emperordmb
Hmm, I guess it's possible I had it all mixed up. You do seem to know your stuff. I don't know if I'd put Anakin that high, though. Are you talking sabers, Force, or everything? TFUII Starkiller survived planetary reentry by enveloping himself in the Force, and TFU Starkiller was throwing around ATSTs and ATATs, if I'm not mistaken.
I was talking everything... but mainly power as it applies to single combat.

Kalen Sykes
I was talking everything... but mainly power as it applies to single combat.

Well, it's been established Marek was more powerful than Vader, but if TFU Vader was that far behind his other incarnations, then I concede to you, sir. As far as this thread goes, it would be Marek, though.

Emperordmb
Well, it's been established Marek was more powerful than Vader, but if TFU Vader was that far behind his other incarnations, then I concede to you, sir. As far as this thread goes, it would be Marek, though.
well Marek was greater in the first game

but they seemed to be dead even in the second game

Kalen Sykes
well Marek was greater in the first game

but they seemed to be dead even in the second game

My first exposure was from the books, so that's the character I usually go with. I didn't play the games until much later. I agree Marek seemed greater in the first book. I wish there was more information the Dark Apprentice, though. He could be the strongest version overall.

Emperordmb
My first exposure was from the books, so that's the character I usually go with. I didn't play the games until much later. I agree Marek seemed greater in the first book. I wish there was more information the Dark Apprentice, though. He could be the strongest version overall.
by game I meant overall story...

either way the two seemed dead even in TFU II.

Agreed, Dark Apprentic>all other Mareks.

Kalen Sykes
by game I meant overall story...

either way the two seemed dead even in TFU II.

Agreed, Dark Apprentic>all other Mareks.

My apologies. I wasn't trying to imply that's what you meant. I was just adding that bit about the books because I don't follow the in-game theories, such as TFUII Starkiller winning with lightning rods, as they weren't in the book.

FreshestSlice
My apologies. I wasn't trying to imply that's what you meant. I was just adding that bit about the books because I don't follow the in-game theories, such as TFUII Starkiller winning with lightning rods, as they weren't in the book.
Both have the same level of legitimacy. You can't just disregard other C-canon.

Emperordmb
didn't Starkiller beat Vader in the TFU II novel by using trickery after Vader had defeated him and only spared him because he wanted him alive?

Kalen Sykes
Both have the same level of legitimacy. You can't just disregard other C-canon.

Except when one contradicts the other, the novel is held to a higher standard than the video game. Isn't that correct? And Emperordmb, it was more an epiphany. He realized Vader wouldn't kill him, so he allowed Vader to disarm him. When Vader's guard was down, he unleashed (no pun intended) a concentrated burst of Force lightning into Vader, over powering the new insulation in his suit. Vader went down and the Rebels took him into custody.

FreshestSlice
No. The novel is not held in higher regard by the standard such things are judge. The old system holds books and games on the same level of canonicity.

Emperordmb
Except when one contradicts the other, the novel is held to a higher standard than the video game. Isn't that correct? And Emperordmb, it was more an epiphany. He realized Vader wouldn't kill him, so he allowed Vader to disarm him. When Vader's guard was down, he unleashed (no pun intended) a concentrated burst of Force lightning into Vader, over powering the new insulation in his suit. Vader went down and the Rebels took him into custody.
After realizing it would be very risky for him to beat Vader in straight up combat?

Kalen Sykes
No. The novel is not held in higher regard by the standard such things are judge. The old system holds books and games on the same level of canonicity.

Then how do you explain the final battle?

Kalen Sykes
After realizing it would be very risky for him to beat Vader in straight up combat?

Kalen Sykes
And here.

Emperordmb
So they were almost dead even.

Kalen Sykes
So they were almost dead even.

Well, there is a quote earlier, that says Starkiller believes the best he could get would be a stalemate, but at that time he's sort of piecing Vader's intentions together, so I don't know how literal to take it. But it is there. I can try to find it if you want.

FreshestSlice
Then how do you explain the final battle?
Both are just as legitimate as the other and we have to judge by which one is the most consistent with the established character.

Kalen Sykes
Both are just as legitimate as the other and we have to judge by which one is the most consistent with the established character.

And how are lighting rods consistent with the established character? If there are two sources, both of which are the same level of canon, the novel is where we lean when there is a discrepancy between the two. I just don't understand how a video game cut scene outweighs the novel.

FreshestSlice
And how are lighting rods consistent with the established character? If there are two sources, both of which are the same level of canon, the novel is where we lean when there is a discrepancy between the two. I just don't understand how a video game cut scene outweighs the novel.
Neither outweighs the other, it's up to your own personal preference for what you think the character is. Honest Galen Marek in the novel is way crazier than Galen Marek in the game, so no, the novel isn't my go to source.

Kalen Sykes
Neither outweighs the other, it's up to your own personal preference for what you think the character is. Honest Galen Marek in the novel is way crazier than Galen Marek in the game, so no, the novel isn't my go to source.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t395661.html

The lightning rod scene would be gameplay mechanics, would it not? That would put it as N-canon, unless backed up by the novel, which it isn't.

Emperordmb
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t395661.html

The lightning rod scene would be gameplay mechanics, would it not? That would put it as N-canon, unless backed up by the novel, which it isn't.
Cutscenes and gameplay mechanics are decidedly different. Game mechanics are player chosen and can happen differently each time, while cutscenes are absolutes within the game.

Kalen Sykes
Cutscenes and gameplay mechanics are decidedly different. Game mechanics are player chosen and can happen differently each time, while cutscenes are absolutes within the game.

Cutscenes with button combinations? Still, if that's how we're looking at it, then we can't really say TFUII Starkiller was equal to TFUII Vader, since, according to the game, he was legitimately beaten by Starkiller, lightning rod or not.

Emperordmb
Cutscenes with button combinations? Still, if that's how we're looking at it, then we can't really say TFUII Starkiller was equal to TFUII Vader, since, according to the game, he was legitimately beaten by Starkiller, lightning rod or not.
Cutscenes with button combinations that go the same way no matter what. Vader still wanted to take him alive, and as shown by that particular cutscene could've killed him if that were his desire, and only lost because of the environment.

It is very clear in both the book and game that the two are on pretty much the exact same level.

Kalen Sykes
Cutscenes with button combinations that go the same way no matter what. Vader still wanted to take him alive, and as shown by that particular cutscene could've killed him if that were his desire, and only lost because of the environment.

It is very clear in both the book and game that the two are on pretty much the exact same level.

So, what is your opinion on the lightning rods, and novels vs games, in the event of a contradiction?

Emperordmb
So, what is your opinion on the lightning rods, and novels vs games, in the event of a contradiction?
I'd probably lean novels.

Kalen Sykes
I'd probably lean novels.

Fair enough.

Just because I couldn't find it earlier, and I wanted to use it:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t504029.html

I know there are more somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to look.

PTforthewin
Lightning rod wtf? The only nerdy shit I like is star wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.