Armstrong (MGRR) vs. Claymoreverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
just like the title says.

two scenarios: 1. Armstrong fights them all gauntlet style, from weakest character to strongest. gets fifteen minute breaks in between to rest up.

2. fights them all at once.

for both scenarios, he is fully aware of what the characters can do.

how far can he make it in this thread?

NemeBro
I'm frankly not entirely sure how the cast of Claymore hopes to hurt him.

They have borderline plastic durability in comparison to their power output, and Armstrong is considerably more durable than just about anything there I can think of, though I am not the most knowledgeable on Claymore.

StealthRanger
Well on one hand they're prolly way too fast for him

On the other hand, not sure how they intend to hurt him. And he prolly wouldn't need to hit them to do damage

danteiscool
from what I hear, Armstrong has like Mach 2000+ reaction time, so he can keep up with their attacks at least. and some of the high/top tiers of Claymore are supposed to be stronger than guys like Raiden, with people like Isley being able to blow holes in mountains so...

wakkawakkawakka
There's fast enough to hurt him or rather the Claymore's should be fast enough to hit the Senator before he hardens. Problem is there durability is crap in comparison to Armstrong's in additon to the asortment of FoTNS powers he seems to have.

With the said Priscilla could probably hand with Armstrong in a slug-match. Her regen can deal with anything that's not a decapitation. I also wonder if the Destroyer parasites would work: probably not but hey its something.

NemeBro
Originally posted by danteiscool
from what I hear, Armstrong has like Mach 2000+ reaction time, so he can keep up with their attacks at least. and some of the high/top tiers of Claymore are supposed to be stronger than guys like Raiden, with people like Isley being able to blow holes in mountains so... Unless Claymore is much faster than I thought, if Armstrong is mach 2,000 he can easily hit any Claymore character, and even blitz them in h2h. no expression

wakkawakkawakka
^ Where da phuck did mach 2,000 come from? Armstrong is pretty darn fast but not sure about that number.

danteiscool
where the number came from, unfortunately I don't know for sure since it comes from him keeping up with guys like Raiden and Jetstream Sam and I don't know just where exactly those calcs came from. but Claymore characters (like Isley, Priscilla, other high/top tiers) are also calced to be at massively hypersonic+ speeds too so the speed difference shouldn't be too bad.

StealthRanger
I believe Claymore characters were calced at Mach 3K or whatever

I heard relativistic calcs, though I don't know what happened to those (probably debunked or were deemed outliers or something)

NemeBro
Mach 3k based on what?

StealthRanger
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=17277

Apparently this. There was other shit like crossing continents in seconds or whatever else

NemeBro
Not bad.

StealthRanger
Even with that, I'm unsure they could even scathe Armstrong, if he's Mach 2K, prolly not fast enough to blitz him either :hmm

Sacred 117
Nice set, Neme. thumb up

I gotta ask, though. Who is featured in it, and what are they from? I can't phuockin' remembah!

NemeBro
It's Ryuko Matoi from Kill La Kill. And thanks, though Scythe made it.

And yeah, I've never seen anything from Claymore that implies they could wound Armstrong.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NemeBro
It's Ryuko Matoi from Kill La Kill. And thanks, though Scythe made it.

Then extend him my compliments on his good work, and thanks for the info.

ZebusKing
How is Claymore in terms of speed? Armstrong doesn't have a single speed feat to his name so if they can outspeed him and have weapons that can hurt him...

wakkawakkawakka
in terms of movement or travel speed they're still in the single digits however their combat speed is more impressive like Clare's quick-sword or wind-cutter which can cut up opponents meters away from her w/o them seeing the attack or Miria's Phantom in which it gives the illusion that she's intangible. Of course none of these are concrete numbers so...

Also while they wouldn't hurt Armstrong armored up, I'd argue that something like Isley's arrows or Priscilla could make the small window in which Armstrong armor's up.

Q99
Mach 2000 sounds like a "take one instance, extrapolate absurdly, ignore other feats," calc.

Claymore, as mentioned, has some crazy ones like that too.

Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm frankly not entirely sure how the cast of Claymore hopes to hurt him.

They have borderline plastic durability in comparison to their power output, and Armstrong is considerably more durable than just about anything there I can think of, though I am not the most knowledgeable on Claymore.

The Abyssal ones are *really* strong. Smash up hills and cities and such.

For all of Isley's durability, Priscilla easily took out half his body.

NemeBro
And Armstrong is still more durable.

It occurs to me though that to make use of his full power that he has to absorb the electricity of stuff, and there is nothing to absorb here. So he loses.

TH3_V01D
People have a misconception of Armstrong Powers, The nano shield only serves as protection to High Frecuency Blades, he doesnt need it for other type of attacks, and even so, you need the Murasama to hurt him, anyone who doesnt have it is pretty much screwed.
He doesnt need the shielding to tank extreme blunt force, he was overpowering Raiden and taking a full force punch in the face without the shields in the last fight.

Armstrong speed, he was capable going through the arena fight pretty quickly with his dash attacks, he even has a meteor-like Kaio Ken type attack in the Sam Scenario

ZebusKing
TBH Armstrong doesn't seem to be any stronger than Raiden is. Raiden was clearly able to match his strength when he they locked arms. Armstrong was only dominating the fight because Raiden couldn't hurt him as oppose to Armstrong doing damage to Raiden.

As far his speed goes, Armstrong seems to be able to dash and run fast but his combat reflexes, his ability to dodge seems sub par at best.

TH3_V01D
One-shoting Metal Gear Excelsus with a single punch puts him well above Raiden.

ZebusKing
Raiden already destroyed most of Excelsus. Armstrong basically destroyed a giant empty hull.

TH3_V01D
Excelsus minus the giants blades was intact, he still made the whole thing explode

ZebusKing
And probably several hundred tons of armored plating that Raiden lobbed off.

But fair enough, it seemed after that Armstrong is indeed stronger and more durable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.