theory on Meetra Surik/the exile during TOR: Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy

Jmanghan
Or, Meetra has never seen a True Sith who is on the Dark F*cking council.

I mean, look at Scourge, barely able to take out a few droids, yet he was a Sith Lord. All of them were underrated pretty badly.

PTforthewin
Exile is male

Emperordmb
Shut up an accept the canon

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Shut up an accept the canon nothing's canon

Emperordmb
Originally posted by PTforthewin
nothing's canon
The Exile is canonically a female... Accept it!

Q99
Interesting, so Meetra was actually depowered after KotoR2? It'd make some sense.

PTforthewin
I hate meetra anyway the female version specifically I always play the male in any game because being a woman seems to suck

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Or, Meetra has never seen a True Sith who is on the Dark F*cking council.

Kreia is far more powerful in the ways of the force considering no other 'true' sith has mastered dark healing/drain like she has, so I HIGHLY doubt Nyriss tops Kreia, Nihilius or Sion in terms of power

Interesting, so Meetra was actually depowered after KotoR2? It'd make some sense.

Yes, it does especially when you take the time to consider and study how such force bonds work, something that my predecessors - the ones who tried to 'explain', never did. honestly it surprises me that people haven't actually looked at the reasons why Meetra lost to Nyriss, Her source of power(kreia) is no longer supporting her, Nyriss being a master of sith sorcery would've obviously tapped into the nexus that is dromund Kass especially against Jedi like Scourge and Meetra. I'm not trying to discredit Meetra Surik but rather provide evidence that shows that this is not Meetra at her prime, that's not to say that Meetra isn't an excellent Duelist and force user, she obviously is considering she defeated Sion(a man whose killed a great deal of jedi) on Korriban before being told by kreia to run, she dueled assassins that were specifically trained to kill jedi, she defeated the apprentice of Darth Nihlius while she was still relearning the was of the force, she was highly attuned to the force that she was able to learn the rare ability, Force Enlightenment and even Revan said that he thought her to be a strong jedi master(which is during the Mando wars) honestly Kreia played a huge part in Meetra's becoming a powerful jedi, but meetra without kreia is no joke.

FreshestSlice
I hate meetra anyway the female version specifically I always play the male in any game because being a woman seems to suck
You've officially reached the age of 9.

Anyway, that's a sound theory, but Surik received most of her power from all her other allies, who are still very much alive, as well as the one she most likely still has with Revan.

The real reason none of this comes into play is that Karpyshyn knew and still most likely doesn't know anything about KotOR II. Either that or Surik had a serious falling out with her students that caused the Council she started to hate her.

Eminence
Think I was 8 or 9 when Pokemon Crystal came out, but I remember all the boys really jumped at the chance to play as a girl.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You've officially reached the age of 9.

Anyway, that's a sound theory, but Surik received most of her power from all her other allies, who are still very much alive, as well as the one she most likely still has with Revan.

The real reason none of this comes into play is that Karpyshyn knew and still most likely doesn't know anything about KotOR II. Either that or Surik had a serious falling out with her students that caused the Council she started to hate her.

Good point, but remember the force bond draws on the strengths of her allies, that said her allies weren't fully trained even after Malachor, in fact Kreia says that they - the lost jedi, will focus on rebuilding the order. now here's something else that I forgot to mention.

#1, Bao Dur's fate remains unknown.
#2, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't force bonds developed between force sensitives? if so then we cut Canderous out of the equation.
#3, the only person on her team that has actually been fully trained in the ways of the force is Visas Marr, with Mical never truly completing his training, now again correct me if I'm wrong but like I said aren't well trained jedi much bigger pillars of support than jedi that haven't completed their training? now that's not to say I disagree with you point, but there are some things we tend to overlook

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Good point, but remember the force bond draws on the strengths of her allies, that said her allies weren't fully trained even after Malachor, in fact Kreia says that they - the lost jedi, will focus on rebuilding the order. now here's something else that I forgot to mention.

#1, Bao Dur's fate remains unknown.
#2, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't force bonds developed between force sensitives? if so then we cut Canderous out of the equation.
#3, the only person on her team that has actually been fully trained in the ways of the force is Visas Marr, with Mical never truly completing his training, now again correct me if I'm wrong but like I said aren't well trained jedi much bigger pillars of support than jedi that haven't completed their training? now that's not to say I disagree with you point, but there are some things we tend to overlook
Bao Dur dies on Telos, I think Obsidian said.

Force Bonds can form between anyone, but I see your point. It only matters with the Force Sensitives in this case.

Training has nothing to do with it. It's about Force Potential. They couldn't beat Kreia because they didn't know how to use their power, not that they lacked it. That power is still there and this is where Surik gained her strength. Surik has the training to temper that power.

Nephthys
The Exile can complete Micals training and train Bao Dur, Brianna, Atton and Mira to be Jedi. And don't forget that Atris can be alive to help rebuild, or at least all the knowledge she gathered would survive.

BTW, I think this is a good theory, but I don't think its right. As I recall Karpyshan said (and possibly wrote in Revan) that the Exile had recovered her connection to the Force by the time of book. So my theory is that she probably wouldn't be a Wound anymore. Thus she wouldn't be able to draw on her allies strength and who knows what would happen with the power she'd drained from her opponents.

Also, if much of her power came from Kreia then killing her wouldn't get rid of that, she simply drain it like she does to everyone else she kills (barring Nihilus and maybe Sion).

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Bao Dur dies on Telos, I think Obsidian said.

Force Bonds can form between anyone, but I see your point. It only matters with the Force Sensitives in this case.

Training has nothing to do with it. It's about Force Potential. They couldn't beat Kreia because they didn't know how to use their power, not that they lacked it. That power is still there and this is where Surik gained her strength. Surik has the training to temper that power.

yeah thanks for correcting me on that, still we don't know their potential, the only thing that might help us is Kreia's quote on Mical accepting a seat on the high council, Visas surviving Nihilus' consumption of katar as for the others, their potential is unknown to us, but I see you point smile

Nephthys
Oh and Bastila is still around too.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys

I hope this doesn't sound douchy, but what does that have to do with Meetra? don't tell you think Meetra drew power from jedi from all over the galaxy!

Jmanghan
Exile is male

I'm going to cut off your non-existant testicles -.-

Nephthys
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I hope this doesn't sound douchy, but what does that have to do with Meetra? don't tell you think Meetra drew power from jedi from all over the galaxy!

I was referring to the Jedi who could rebuild the order. Read my first post.

Fated Xtasy
I was referring to the Jedi who could rebuild the order. Read my first post. oh im sorry I didn't see it, there was also some other jedi historian from the first KoTOR game the twi-lek that warns you about the Terentanteks, he could've also helped rebuild, but I don't think the book takes place several years after the events of Kotor2 or am I wrong?

I'm going to cut off your non-existant testicles -.- neph and I will hold him still.

FreshestSlice
Didn't she rejoin at some point?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.